• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Karl2177

Microsoft winning E3, haha. Halo 4 and Black Ops II will be the only reasons to watch their conference if you're a core gamer.

I guess if you like missing coconuts, sesame street, and indoor sunglasses showing you the bottom of your shoes, then yeah they've won.
Hahaha they're buying it; fake animals.

Fuchsdh

Considering the pixel counting that goes on in Halo threads, I'm not surprised.

Well I'm hoping the graphics bump with the next generation will render those discussions moot because the difference in graphics will be less noticeable.

...What? I can dream...

Are more gamers interested in The Last of Us than Halo 4? YUP (IGN)

IGNPerfectE3.jpg

I had to google to figure out what game that was.

Well, Im not gonna lie, the Last of Us looks fantastic.. but yeah, Halo 4 has my hype. I think this really shows what MS has stacked against them, they really need to re-earn some brand appreciation for Halo, as it seems to have dropped dramatically. And don't blame Reach, I know plenty of people who never played Reach because of Halo 3. And I can't lie, while Halo 3 had nice gameplay, it was overall an underwhelming game.. then came Call Of Duty 4.

Halo 4 seems to have the cards up its sleeve, but unless it works hard at getting those out there for people to see it can't expect to 'win' its old fans back. Also, for whatever reason, Halo gets so much hate for getting sequels compared to other games.. not sure why, maybe it has something to do with once being unstoppable.

343 better pull out the big guns soon.

64% want graphics over gameplay. smh

Well, I believe that is referring to what people want from new consoles, so it makes sense. And more power overall can very much translate to game experiences, so I really don't think it is something to scoff at.

Ryaaan14

Banned
So on my days off this week I decided to finally finish Halo CEA after being preoccupied with non-Halo stuff for a while, and many lulz were to be had and I remembered just how shitty I am at campaign as I am at multiplayer.

Out of all the missions to get fucked over by, I never expected it from The Maw.

I started out my night finishing The Silent Cartographer, played through without a hitch (even in The Library, wtf?), and finally it was time to play The Maw. Now, I have probably only played The Maw twice in my entire life, and this was when CE just came out. So it had been a while. The only things I remembered about it were 1.) All the red/brown, 2.) Grenades in the vents, and of course 3.) The Warthog run. So in my mind it was a pretty simple mission. Well, I had started drinking when I began my playthrough that night, and it was coming right up on 6am now, and I had been drinking the entire time. So I was a bit tipsy to begin with. And I had conveniently forgotten one part of The Maw...

...the fucking drunk trap that is the labyrinth of hallways aboard the PoA.

I swear, I spent probably around an hour progressing through the halls, backtracking, looking for the right doors, finding new hallways, going down them into a new room with no exit, backtracking again, etc. Until eventually I was just so hammered I forgot what game I was playing.

So I wake up at noon with my 360 controller in my hand, and my tv in energy save mode. I am sober enough at this point to allow myself to finish the level. In my drunken stupor I had neglected to simply follow the red arrows on the floor labeled "ENGINEERING ROOM". Fuck. My. Life. So, took me 2 minutes to get into the right area, blew the vents, and finally finished the damn mission.

Went back to bed and slept the entire day in celebration.

blamite

Little known fact: The time it takes for the shields to start recharging in Reach actually differs based on how much health you have. i.e. if you still have blue health, they will start recharging before they would if you have red health.
Woah, really? How did I never know this. Just goes to show how pointless the health system is for the most part in Reach.

GhaleonEB

I figure, we haven't exactly seen a lot on Halo 4. Even for those of us paying attention, we've got a handful of screens, enough footage for some .gifs, and lots of ideas in text form. And that's about it at this point. Can't blame anyone for not being too excited.

Comment sections sure are something.

Fixed. I've never read a comment section that wasn't amazing, in all the wrong ways

Damn.. just looked at the Borderlands 2 Loot Chest contents again.. I would love for something like an enemy size chat and cloth map of Requiem for Halo 4. I just wish the Halo 4 LE had something a little more special, all the DLC stuff seems rather lackluster.

TheOddOne

I figure, we haven't exactly seen a lot on Halo 4. Even for those of us paying attention, we've got a handful of screens, enough footage for some .gifs, and lots of ideas in text form. And that's about it at this point. Can't blame anyone for not being too excited.
The same could be said about The Last of Us, only cut scenes have been released and no actual gameplay (although, it is described in the GI coverage ― much like Halo 4).

I look forward to E3 more then Xmas nowadays. That shit gets me hype like nothing else in the year.

Except last year, which was just strangely boring.

Just noticed the part where people wanted to see nice graphics above everything else.

Boooooooo

And yeah, I'm looking forward I this E3 more than the last few years combined (aside from 3DS reveal).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hope you'll be streaming your reactions

:lol, that reminds me, I actually need a webcam.

I actually won't be home for this E3 live again because of work. However, I will be staying completely dark from the internet all day and will watch the press conference when I get home. Experience is just as if I'm watching it live however all the GAF threads have a ton of pages lol.

What Frankie's trying to say is after the 10 minute campaign demo and live CTF match showing off the multiplayer in Halo 4, MS will announce the new Xbox and we'll see a short clip of the Chief with 343's new graphics engine for the 720.

I probably need to turn my hype down a notch or two.

Top Bottom