• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Woorloog

Banned
I laughed at the bluntness of this statement.

I saw the pre-edit. "coldness".

Demo doesn't have multiplayer.
Full game has 4 player online and local multiplayer.

Thought that might be the case but if i like it, i suppose my friends will be willing to try it. And if not, well, i suppose i can play with you guys, if you have it.

Oh, and i think someone was saying something about knowing one word only in Finnish or something like that during our final game, who was it and what was it?

Im kinda painfully glad Infinite was delayed, now I dont have to worry about falling in love with it and having it get in the way of Halo 4.. It should come out at a great time for it to co-exist with my Halo gaming.

Red vs blue has been (I guess) made in a FFA game mode. Stripes would be in Team game mode (Slayer, objective, etc...)

While this very well may be true, the LE mentions Armor Skins so I imagine they have to be things like stripes/camo/etc. One way or another, I really do like the look of the stripes.. While I do think the bright red and bright blue is a bit much, the stripes really bring it together. Almost looks like a future sports team.

Woorloog

Banned
Go swimming in the great lake that is called XBLA. So much good stuff, but the marketplace is a mess ― visit the GAF XBLA thread instead.

I've browsed it and tried a few games but i've never really found anything i like there, outside a few exceptions: Doom and Marathon Durandal, Carcassone (it was free), Minecraft 360... uhh, i think there was a game or two more but not sure. Probably not.
I enjoy rather limited selection of games, such a simple thing such as art style can turn me completly off even if the gameplay were gold. And XBLA does not offer Civilization-style TBS or CnC-style RTS games nor Morrowind-like RPGs, Halo and BF3 cover my shooter thirst.
EDIT besides, it does not have a single 3d space flight/combat sim.

Woorloog

Banned
Please buy beyond good and evil EMP, even above trials, that is if you never played it last gen.

*googles beyond good and evil*
And damn you, the way you say EMP stuck to my mind... it's a tad annoying when you hear it repeatedly in your mind... :p
EDIT the game is available on GOG.com as well, $9.99. EDIT how much it costs on XBLA?

FyreWulff

Oh wow, I might be in Vancouver as soon as June 9th or 14th or something like that. Doesn't feel real yet. I'm seeing if anyone I know from Seattle wants to hang out for a day or two so I can try to see the city in a not-PAX-mode for once before heading all the way up to Canada.

This is why we need some form of user-accessable basic scripting in a Halo game.

TheOddOne

I've browsed it and tried a few games but i've never really found anything i like there, outside a few exceptions: Doom and Marathon Durandal, Carcassone (it was free), Minecraft 360... uhh, i think there was a game or two more but not sure. Probably not.
I enjoy rather limited selection of games, such a simple thing such as art style can turn me completly off even if the gameplay were gold. And XBLA does not offer Civilization-style TBS or CnC-style RTS games nor Morrowind-like RPGs, Halo and BF3 cover my shooter thirst.
EDIT besides, it does not have a single 3d space flight/combat sim.
One of the greatest things about XBLA is that there is always a demo. Doesn't hurt to try some out, you might even try games out that you normally would not.

You're doing that on purpose.
I need to get around asking a name change, Woorloog->Empyrus. Not really using Woorloog anywhere anymore.

Change your avatar to this. :p

Emp.gif

Woorloog

Banned
One of the greatest things about XBLA is that there is always a demo. Doesn't hurt to try some out, you might even try games out that you normally would not.

Yeah, i know. It's just that most descriptions and names are really depressing... not to mention deceiving. I found this one space shooter but it ended up being some boring top-down-not-quite-SHUMP-and-worse :/
And i said, i'm not finding anything on the genres i like. Admittedly half of the genres i mentioned are nearly non-existing on consoles but still.

Change your avatar to this. :p

Emp.gif

Huh, never thought of that. Might do that at some point, or add that to some other avatar.

Fascinating

Local 4 player co-op/DM. It is fun, classic. And i own it already, can't even remember how long it's been since i bought it.

TheOddOne

Yeah, i know. It's just that most descriptions and names are really depressing... not to mention deceiving. I found this one space shooter but it ended up being some boring top-down-not-quite-SHUMP-and-worse :/
And i said, i'm not finding anything on the genres i like. Admittedly half of the genres i mentioned are nearly non-existing on consoles but still.
Yeah, I had that phase too. Still find gems once and a while though.

Tunavi

Banned
I've been playing a lot of BTB since yesterday. Having a lot of fun with heavies actually. Didn't really think it would be good, but I've been having mindless fun with all the action

Woorloog

Banned
I've been playing a lot of BTB since yesterday. Having a lot of fun with heavies actually. Didn't really think it would be good, but I've been having mindless fun with all the action

BTB, as bad as it is in Reach is fun still. Anything else than Heavies anyway, that is absolute nightmare. In Halo 3 too.
Need to play more BTB...

Fuchsdh

Heavies is the definition of mindless :)

I wish Asphalt showed up in a non-heavies variant, it's actually got a great feel to it--sort of a multi-level Turf.

Woorloog

Banned
Holy shit I have just seen the real life OddOne, hidden behind what looks like ladies, to be confirmed.:p

Check my twitter.

*looks for a link* Dammit, life is difficult without links...

And i just remembered i think i have a twitter profile (Woorloog, i think) but i never use it. Never learned to use twitter nor had need. Guess i should learn in case on GAF-ban or something.
EDIT deleted the account, i'll make a new one someday.

Re-watched the recent gameplay and just noticed that the shield recharge time is at least 6 seconds like Reach...

:(

Gotta use that faster recharge mod!

I do wonder how things like the mods will mesh with Halos gameplay, in a way I can really see it working, but I don't blame people at all for being nervous.

Re-watched the recent gameplay and just noticed that the shield recharge time is at least 6 seconds like Reach...

:(

Little known fact: The time it takes for the shields to start recharging in Reach actually differs based on how much health you have. i.e. if you still have blue health, they will start recharging before they would if you have red health.

BTB has a number of issues that keeps me from playing it:
-343 has unfortunately undone Jeremiah's very objective focus of the playlist. It is almost exclusively slayer, which is especially problematic for me personally, as I believe BTB should be almost all objective.
-Heavies is fucking train wreck. Don't think much else has to be said there.
-No DLC maps in the playlist. Reach's disc maps are by far the worst BTB map offerings in the series, and the DLC maps offer, while not great, significantly better maps than anything on the disk. If there is one playlist in the game that needs consistent DLC, it's this one.

TheOddOne

I think the concept of The Last of Us is great, but also very limited. Naughty Dog have perfected the movie like experience, anybody expecting more than that are fooling themselves.

Also MS winning E3? Yeah, IGN the voters where being sarcastic.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Microsoft winning E3, haha. Halo 4 and Black Ops II will be the only reasons to watch their conference if you're a core gamer.

I guess if you like missing coconuts, sesame street, and indoor sunglasses showing you the bottom of your shoes, then yeah they've won.

Overdoziz

Banned
I think the concept of The Last of Us is great, but also very limited. Naughty Dog have perfected the movie like experience, anybody expecting more than that are fooling themselves.

Also MS winning E3? Yeah, IGN the voters where being sarcastic.
Where it so easy.

Top Bottom