• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

FL1Psyde

Neo Member
playing Halo 2 again
655-feels-good-man-laptop.gif

next H2v play date I want in

Woorloog

Banned
Not quite sure about Trials Evolution. The music is horrible but it is only on menus, luckily. The game looks very nice. The gameplay is good, intuitive (mostly).
Reminds me a bit of Happy Wheels, without the violence and funny characters though, also Elastomania.
But this feels like a game that you absolutely need to play with others, otherwise it ain't that good. The demo is far too short too, doesn't have enough variety. Also, i'm worried that i'm losing a bit since i don't think i have patience to craft my own courses for myself and others.
Based on the demo alone, this game ain't worth 1200MSP. Based on recommendations and all sorts of stuff people come up with good level editors.. and if playing this with others, sure, it may be but...
Dammit, can't decide. Seriously, a bad trial, far too limited.

Oh and i don't like the jumpy camera, might cause motion sickness. Need to play more to be sure whether it does or doesn't cause it but anytime there is a possibility of this, it is worrying.

Overdoziz

Banned
Not quite sure about Trials Evolution. The music is horrible but it is only on menus, luckily. The game looks very nice. The gameplay is good, intuitive (mostly).
Reminds me a bit of Happy Wheels, without the violence and funny characters though, also Elastomania.
But this feels like a game that you absolutely need to play with others, otherwise it ain't that good. The demo is far too short too, doesn't have enough variety. Also, i'm worried that i'm losing a bit since i don't think i have patience to craft my own courses for myself and others.
Based on the demo alone, this game ain't worth 1200MSP. Based on recommendations and all sorts of stuff people come up with good level editors.. and if playing this with others, sure, it may be but...

Oh and i don't like the jumpy camera, might cause motion sickness. Need to play more to be sure whether it does or doesn't cause it but anytime there is a possibility of this, it is worrying.
I rarely play the multiplayer in Trials.

Woorloog

Banned
I rarely play the multiplayer in Trials.

Yeah, well, i just got a feeling it would be better with friends, seeing them fail etc.
Competiting against myself is something i bother to do, i rarely try to get a better result just for sake of getting a better result.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, well, i just got a feeling it would be better with friends, seeing them fail etc.
Competiting against myself is something i bother to do, i rarely try to get a better result just for sake of getting a better result.
It's a lot of fun with friends but I still rarely do so. The singleplayer still has me hooked. Trying to get Platinum medals on every tracks is really addictive.

On a different note; watching a stream of BTB is a bit pointless when you only see one point of view at a time. You miss 90% of what happens during a game.

Fuchsdh

I love the way the Jackals' shields "explode" in Anniversary. Makes me grin.

Why aren't you playing ODST? :p

Yeah, the Jackals were the main disappointment in Reach for me because they didn't stumble when hit with bullets--it made them nearly impossible to beat without the hand-shot + head shot, and I thought that ruined a lot of the appeal and use of the AR in campaign.

You know a great game is great when you still find new stuff after dozens of runs. I found a camouflage power-up in one of the hallways connecting two rooms on AotCR. They're the rooms right after the double bridges.

m23

What's going on with the HaloGaf crew in Max Payne, we have like 6 members but it seems like no one plays it. If anyone does have Max Payne 3 add me up GT: Munish Thiara. And join the HaloGaf crew that mastribiggy made. I have my own crew as well and we are ripping it, but I'd like to play with some of you guys too.

Woorloog

Banned
It's a lot of fun with friends but I still rarely do so. The singleplayer still has me hooked. Trying to get Platinum medals on every tracks is really addictive.

Dammit, there are Platinum medals too, not just gold? I admit trying to get something on every track is somewhat addicting but i can easily give up.

And damn that jumpy camera. Depends on track of course but still a bit annoying. This is one reason i think i'd prefer multiplayer, motion sickness doesn't affect me as easily if i'm playing with friends. Dunno why.
Playing some more and i'll ask my brother try the game out.

EDIT can't stand the camera. The problem is that it starts climbing if you jump and then slams back down. Can't deal with that, if it were more static i would have no problems with it. As it is, i really cannot play this without motion sickness. So no buy.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What's going on with the HaloGaf crew in Max Payne, we have like 6 members but it seems like no one plays it. If anyone does have Max Payne 3 add me up GT: Munish Thiara. And join the HaloGaf crew that mastribiggy made. I have my own crew as well and we are ripping it, but I'd like to play with some of you guys too.

I've been busy all week with internship and preparing for a police exam, plus I'm married with a kid. I'll be on this weekend, but I'm still on campaign.

Alright cool, just send me a FR whenever you get time. How are you liking the campaign btw, I just reached the second disk and it is so sick.

I like it a lot.

m23

I've been busy all week with internship and preparing for a police exam, plus I'm married with a kid. I'll be on this weekend, but I'm still on campaign.

Alright cool, just send me a FR whenever you get time. How are you liking the campaign btw, I just reached the second disk and it is so sick.

AlVSJ.jpg

Can we stop this fucking bullshit?

Imago
Synapse

Thats what iv played today exactly like the above picture and their is plenty more maps from Forge in matchmaking like that.

Seriously iv played maybe 3 good forge maps in matchmaking ever the rest are complicated or bland or incredibly and most are all 3.

Halo Reach matchmaking feels like its 90% grey bullshit 9% shitty shipping maps and 1% good maps.

feel

Jesus christ, Juice's Diablo stream is about as exciting as that game of BTB the other day. Can't understand the hype for that game.
I've watched a few videos and streams and I don't get it either. But I'll keep an open mind, so many people can't be blinded by nostalgia and hype, I'll reserved proper judgement until after playing for a decent bit myself.

GhaleonEB

I've watched a few videos and streams and I don't get it either. But I'll keep an open mind, so many people can't be blinded by nostalgia and hype, I'll reserved proper judgement until after playing for a decent bit myself.

I might be that some games are just more fun to play than they are to watch. Though personally the Diablo/Torchlight clickathons aren't that fun to play, either.

FyreWulff

AlVSJ.jpg

Can we stop this fucking bullshit?

Imago
Synapse

Thats what iv played today exactly like the above picture and their is plenty more maps from Forge in matchmaking like that.

Seriously iv played maybe 3 good forge maps in matchmaking ever the rest are complicated or bland or incredibly and most are all 3.

Halo Reach matchmaking feels like its 90% grey bullshit 9% shitty shipping maps and 1% good maps.

X7FOp.png

fixed

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

its super awesome, but like the first trials, once i "completed the game", ie got as far as i could before it became stupidly tough, i was pretty much done with it for good.

i still enjoy firing up gigatrack every now and then to play an epic 10 minute track that isnt too difficultl. speaking of, any user-made tracks that are simliar i should check out?

Fracas

#fuckonami
This is a weird request but Duncan, can you put the montage up before 6:30 PM Eastern?
I go into work then, and I'd love to see the montage before.

Ramirez

Its not that fun to watch, the games fun comes from coop with friends, and normal is really just a tutorial for what awaits you in nightmare,hell, and inferno. Game is amazing, definitely has nothing to do with nostalgia, its alot different than the past game.

Homeboyd

Except midship had good multi tier play, cover and a nice aesthetic.

And it was rounder and smaller.

These current maps are huge grey squares.
They do pretty good work given the tools available to them. Bit different than what a studio has access to.

Which 3 forge maps do you like?

I'm doing my semi-annual replay of the Halo series, and, Ghaleon, this post is making me consider doing Halo 3 on Legendary this time. Can't recall the last time I played the game on Legendary.

I won't have time in the fall to replay all the games right before Halo 4 comes out so I'm doing it right now. Closer to launch I'll just play Halo 3 again.

GhaleonEB

I'm doing my semi-annual replay of the Halo series, and, Ghaleon, this post is making me consider doing Halo 3 on Legendary this time. Can't recall the last time I played the game on Legendary.

I won't have time in the fall to replay all the games right before Halo 4 comes out so I'm doing it right now. Closer to launch I'll just play Halo 3 again.

Hah, re-reading that post - which I wrote nearly six years ago - was interesting. That was the moment the brilliance of that encounter design, and the way the Halo 3 combat sandbox was almost perfectly balanced. I might have to do a Halo 3 Legendary romp, myself.

There's not a single encounter anywhere in all of Reach that is anywhere close to that challenging, flexible or fun. I really hope Halo 4 is up to the task.

I kept thinking Hersey in my head for w/e reason that night lol.
"You will be the protector of Earth, and all her precious milk chocolate".

I was looking at the screen shots they have on the dashboard's Game Marketplace entry for Halo 4. I just can't shake the feeling that the FOV is smaller than Reach when looking at that shot of the BR. It would make sense that they lowered the FOV to get the game to run at true 720p.

blamite

Woo, montage today, can't wait! Should be good.

Coincidentally, I'm "working" on finishing my own montage, which means leaving my laptop on all night to render a title sequence in AfterEffects. It's a 35 second clip that's been going for almost 8 hours, with about 40 more hours to go. Considering just giving up and making something in Windows Movie Maker at this point.

Top Bottom