• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

Again... the ability to control flinch means that if I can do it better than the other guy, if I hit him with my bullets, I have the opportunity to outskill the guy. Without flinch, first shot always wins.... which again is similar to controlling being knocked out of scope as it relates to the shooting interaction. If one person can control aim under duress created by being knocked out, and the other can't... skill takes the day. Otherwise, first shot wins assuming all else is equal. (strafe etc)

ITS TOTALLY RANDOM. Two guys shooting simultaneously at each other, both lowering their reticles (what you call "controlling" flinch) won't have consistent outcomes. I've seen it a thousand times. You can have perfect aim, get hit, flinch up and still have the reticle up at their head level, and you won't be hitting the shots.

During the actual flinch, your bullets don't even go where your reticle is pointing. That's not skill and thats not controlling anything.

Regardless, this will go nowhere, I'm done replying.

I laughed today when people said dat Banshee when losing to Bungie. Yet are against the Spartan Laser.

You effectively digged your graves by bitching so much and getting it removed from maps/gametypes that it should be a nobrainer to have it on.

Discuss VK's...(Vehicle Kids)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Put it this way, as long as you're being hit you're probably going to miss (or get a lucky headshot) with flinch (it makes your shots jerk up a lot). It "feels" way more random than simply being descoped. At least in my opinion.

Both definitely have their flaws/benefits, but as much as I find being descoped annoying I find "flinch" infinitely more annoying.
Yeah, that sounds pretty bad, haha.

I laughed today when people said dat Banshee when losing to Bungie. Yet are against the Spartan Laser.

You effectively digged your graves by bitching so much and getting it removed from maps/gametypes that it should be a nobrainer to have it on.

Discuss VK's...(Vehicle Kids)
The Banshee being OP doesn't excuse the existence of a one-shot vehicle destroyer with perfect accuracy.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Would I HAVE to get headphones in order to experience the audio for Halo 4 the way I did at E3 or can I just get surround sound? I'm a newb when it comes to this stuff, but I MUST be able to experience the audio for that game (and every game for that matter) again.

Headset is a must! Such a better experience.

Fracas

#fuckonami
This is a weird question, but to all the new juniors we have: Did you guys just get approved? My friend made an account a week ago, and I'm wondering if he happened to get approved in this new wave.

Fuchsdh

No, I meant slugbug. Keep your weird nomenclatures to yourself.

Is that the Continental version or something?

Man, they made the New (New) Beetles look ugly something fierce. At least the (Old) New Beetles had some interesting lines. Now the car just looks like it's desperately trying to be something it's not.

This nees to happen in H4 man:

New zombie gametype "Vampire Zombies"

-Survivors have Scattershot as primary and are equipped with promethean vision.
-Zombies have sprint and sword.
-Tweak damage settings accordingly to accomodate for Scattershot limited range.

Zombies get incinerated Blade style, AWESOMENESS ASSURED.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Man, they made the New (New) Beetles look ugly something fierce. At least the (Old) New Beetles had some interesting lines. Now the car just looks like it's desperately trying to be something it's not.

Yep, and I agree, the classic Beetles are still best Beetles.

the New Beetles look like Porsches that ate too much schnitzel.

Risen

ITS TOTALLY RANDOM. Two guys shooting simultaneously at each other, both lowering their reticles (what you call "controlling" flinch) won't have consistent outcomes. I've seen it a thousand times. You can have perfect aim, get hit, flinch up and still have the reticle up at their head level, and you won't be hitting the shots.

During the actual flinch, your bullets don't even go where your reticle is pointing. That's not skill and thats not controlling anything.

Regardless, this will go nowhere, I'm done replying.

lol first... lowering a reticle was not how I explained controlling it... it's a precursor to better allow me to do so. One can consistently out shoot others by being able to better react to, and control the flinch, it's an inescapable fact. It's about giving yourself the best chance for those bullets to land - which some do better than others.

At the end of the day, we aren't far apart in what we want to see in a game... neither wants a game to be easier, neither wants randomness deciding an outcome... but we're getting there different ways... which is ok.

This is a weird question, but to all the new juniors we have: Did you guys just get approved? My friend made an account a week ago, and I'm wondering if he happened to get approved in this new wave.

Nope I've been here for over a year now... I just keep forgetting that HaloGAF exists... lol. I'll be a member in less than 20 posts.

The Banshee being OP doesn't excuse the existence of a one-shot vehicle destroyer with perfect accuracy.

Dunno what kind of robot pills you are on but I missed plenty of laser shots...It doesn't guarantee a vehicle kill at all, it guarantees a shot at a vehicle kill.

I was approved a few months back, sometime in OT3 I think. I just don't post too often.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Nope, 1v1 ctf on Boneyard. That's the only way to see who is the true Franklin.

I'll set up the map before you join.
With one spawn point.
In front of me.
With a Gauss Hog.
Surrounded by mines.

edit: Actually, get on now, I want to troll randoms.
edit edit: Or actually go through with 1v1 CTF

I'll set up the map before you join.
With one spawn point.
In front of me.
With a Gauss Hog.
Surrounded by mines.

edit: Actually, get on now, I want to troll randoms.
edit edit: Or actually go through with 1v1 CTF

Either one.

I must warn you, I have experience in 1v1 ctf on Boneyard and Hemmorhage.
Do it, and upload it, you two will fight for my love.
Lol, if we go through with it I'll upload it

Homeboyd

Just read that you can't pick up grenades off of dead bodies unless you have the resupply tac pack. That's a pretty big game changer. I'm a grenade spamming slut so it will drop my BPR significantly and I don't care too much for that to happen.

Gui_PT

This nees to happen in H4 man:

New zombie gametype "Vampire Zombies"

-Survivors have Scattershot as primary and are equipped with promethean vision.
-Zombies have sprint and sword.
-Tweak damage settings accordingly to accomodate for Scattershot limited range.

Zombies get incinerated Blade style, AWESOMENESS ASSURED.

Gabo... we need to have a serious conversation...

Just read that you can't pick up grenades off of dead bodies unless you have the resupply tac pack. That's a pretty big game changer. I'm a grenade spamming slut so it will drop my BPR significantly and I don't care too much for that to happen.

Agreed grenade scavenging was one of my tactics as a camo player... is resupply a support or tactical? If it is support I may consider using that over sensory upgrade. Who knows. With grenade pickup not being standard off dead bodies then maybe there will be more grenades to get off of dead bodies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom