• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Does anyone want a copy of Reach? I have a downloadable code for the full game that I will not use.

I love that I have reach on GOD, I can play whatever I want then simply play Reach when I feel like it. This is what I want next gen, the option to have these games day 1 downloaded.

Overdoziz

Banned
Interesting.

4FUtv.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
Wat

Why would anybody buy that

If you have enough money and you're lazy enough...

Personally i don't use GoD at all as the prices are far too high, i can get an used or new game far cheaper from a retailler or ordering online. And i don't mind if i have to change disc.
I'll start using GoD the day a games are available from it on the launch day (assuming they are not more expensive than from retaillers).

Striker

Damage to the vehicle translates to damage to the player instead, but the vehicle itself is never destroyed.
Vehicle health tied to the player is completely fine. Leaving the vehicle immune to all grenade, rocket, and weapon damage without anyone in the vehicle itself is terrible. And Halo 1's vehicle hit detection with players was awful as well - not to mention you were unable to jump over Ghosts.

Personally i don't use GoD at all as the prices are far too high, i can get an used or new game far cheaper from a retailler or ordering online. And i don't mind if i have to change disc.
I'll start using GoD the day a games are available from it on the launch day (assuming they are not more expensive than from retaillers).

Not really lazy,just that i prefer digital over disks. It will get better next gen,i am sure digital games will be available day 1.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Are you kidding me? Launching it from your ass pays for itself! ;)
Haha, if I had a decent camera, I'd take a picture of my gaming setup. I sit less than 3 feet from my Xbox and all my games. I'm lazy, but not that lazy :lol

Same here. Although I may pick up a few games on demand Tuesday, there's a somewhat decent sale going on.

Woorloog

Banned
Same here. Although I may pick up a few games on demand Tuesday, there's a somewhat decent sale going on.

There hasn't been a single decent sale for GoD yet. I've checked the sales a few times and i've always conluded that i can still get far cheaper, used at very least.

Not really lazy,just that i prefer digital over disks. It will get better next gen,i am sure digital games will be available day 1.

I don't belive they will be. Retaillers would stop selling consoles to protest...

Even if it did happen, it wouldn't affect me. It is very unlikely i'm going to get a next-gen console for years after they're released. Probably around Halo 6... And just for Halo 5 and 6. And other Halos.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If in the future, all digital versions of games release simultaneously with physical copies, they should be at least $5-10 cheaper. Would go a long way for people like me, who would much rather have a physical copy.

There hasn't been a single decent sale for GoD yet. I've checked the sales a few times and i've always conluded that i can still get far cheaper, used at very least.
Did you see this week's? It's not too bad. Prince of Persia for $4 is worth it. May get GRAW, Bionic Commando, and Dark Void as well.

Oh, but it is.

Sooooo good.

I love that scene. The cinematics were so well written and shot in Halo 2.

So do we know if every mode is point based now?

Not confirmed, but I think it's pretty safe to assume. Infinity Slayer and Slayer are both 10 points for kills and 600 points to win (at least in the E3 gametypes) and regicide is based on points for how high the bounty is on the king.

I thought that was an interesting remark by Sage, and also interesting that Dani didn't post is that Tyson Green (MP designer for Bungie since forever ago) also agreed that vehicles should be indestructible.

Fracas

#fuckonami
How to get DLC to become a major part of matchmaking:

-Bundle it with Reach GoD for $30
-Slash its price permanently (if you buy it by itself) to half of what it is now
-In-game notification that the price has dropped, links to marketplace

Please. If DLC were actually playable in matchmaking, Reach would be so much better.

How to get DLC to become a major part of matchmaking:

-Bundle it with Reach GoD for $30
-Slash its price permanently (if you buy it by itself) to half of what it is now
-In-game notification that the price has dropped, links to marketplace

Please. If DLC were actually playable in matchmaking, Reach would be so much better.

This. I never, ever get to play the DLC maps. I'd love to play them, if only to stop playing on forge maps. I spent the damn money, I want to be able to enjoy them.

Yeah it's a huge issue for me. When I play matchmaking it's: Countdown, Zealot, Powerhouse, and mostly the horror that is FORGE!

Three real maps are the ones that are commonly played in my experience.

I don't belive they will be. Retaillers would stop selling consoles to protest...

Even if it did happen, it wouldn't affect me. It is very unlikely i'm going to get a next-gen console for years after they're released. Probably around Halo 6... And just for Halo 5 and 6. And other Halos.

Nintendo is already doing it with wii u. it will happen.

Yeah it's a huge issue for me. When I play matchmaking it's: Countdown, Zealot, Powerhouse, and mostly the horror that is FORGE!

Three real maps are the ones that are commonly played in my experience.
People still get powerhouse? Uncaged always out votes it in my experience

Fracas

#fuckonami
Playing Uncharted 3 in 1080p...Not even fair how good this game looks.

If games that look like this are already here, next gen is going to look amazing graphically. I wonder how long it is until we get games that are practically indistinguishable from real life. The vehicle models in Gran Turismo 5 are pretty dang close.

This. I never, ever get to play the DLC maps. I'd love to play them, if only to stop playing on forge maps. I spent the damn money, I want to be able to enjoy them.

I agree in every way. Why should the people that pay for a better experience be forced to not have that experience. DLC Worked better in Halo 3 because they could lock down all the playlists that weren't required for achievement's specifically for us.

We paid, we should be able to use them.

People still get powerhouse? Uncaged always out votes it in my experience
I still get sword base in playlists that support it. smh

If games that look like this are already here, next gen is going to look amazing graphically. I wonder how long it is until we get games that are practically indistinguishable from real life. The vehicle models in Gran Turismo 5 are pretty dang close.

ibookZicKUlwLb.gif

I'm just jaded, but I'd rather we move designs toward more dynamism and persistence than cinematic setpiece after cinematic setpiece. No matter how good it can look in motion, the static nature of it all completely deflates any immersion I have.

FyreWulff

Yeah, it was more that MS, who presents themselves as the digital goods frontrunner, was beaten by a company viewed as not very online to releasing their mainline titles digitally day 1 with retail.

We still can't buy Halo 2, ODST, or Anniversary digitally.

We still can't buy Halo 2, ODST, or Anniversary digitally.
I would have bought them all by now if they had released them. I already have GOnD Halo 3 + all DLC, GOnD Halo Wars + all DLC, and GOnD Halo: Reach + all DLC.

They should also increase the maximum storage space for USB devices. I want to be able to carry the entire franchise on my keychain.

FyreWulff

I would have bought them all by now if they had released them. I already have GOnD Halo 3 + all DLC, GOnD Halo Wars + all DLC, and GOnD Halo: Reach + all DLC.

They should also increase the maximum storage space for USB devices. I want to be able to carry the entire franchise on my keychain.

The 16GB limit is a software/hardware 360 limitation. Same reason XBLA titles can only go up to 2GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom