• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggrotek

So when is the next major gaming event like E3? Will there be new information on Halo 4 at any of these type of events before release?

So when is the next major gaming event like E3? Will there be new information on Halo 4 at any of these type of events before release?

Halo 4 will be playable at RTX (Austin, TX on July 7th and 8th). I don't think there will be new information out of that though, just the stuff from E3. The next major thing that there will guaranteed be new builds and new information at is PAX Prime (August 31st-Sep 2nd).

wwm0nkey

Halo 4 will be playable at RTX (Austin, TX on July 7th and 8th). I don't think there will be new information out of that though, just the stuff from E3. The next major thing that there will guaranteed be new builds and new information at is PAX Prime (August 31st-Sep 2nd).

SDCC too next month, we are getting info on the Forward Unto Dawn series and I imagine some other info during the panel.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Don't suppose anyone here has any "ins" with anyone hiring community/IT/marketing people in Seattle do they? :/

People don't like to interview people that live half-way across the country.

kylej

Banned
Nintendo's stock lost all the value it gained with the Wii (and with it obviously their market capitalization) but their EV is still pretty tremendous.

Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

First time in the company's history, I believe.
Nintendo's stock lost all the value it gained with the Wii (and with it obviously their market capitalization) but their EV is still pretty tremendous.

Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

Oh yeah I wasn't saying they were going to go under at any time, I just don't personally consider a company to be "good" if they can't turn a profit, at least not one that has been around for over 30 years. Kyle you are correct that their value is still very high.

I haven't actually looked through their financials, but I assume that when the Wii sales slowed way down they got exposed by the fact that they are selling virtually no software lately for the thing.

Hey You

How to get DLC to become a major part of matchmaking:

-Bundle it with Reach GoD for $30
-Slash its price permanently (if you buy it by itself) to half of what it is now
-In-game notification that the price has dropped, links to marketplace

Please. If DLC were actually playable in matchmaking, Reach would be so much better.
That makes too much sense for MS.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Seriously, for some reason everyone in BTB votes for neutral bomb all the time, and no one EVER picks up the bomb. Last game I scored twice because no one would do anything. Agh.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Haha, did you click the link?

It's $6.95 + $7.99 shipping, but I was thinking you could ask them to email the code instead?

Otherwise, it'll be around the $15 mark

I was looking at it with shipping included. If I could get it for $6.95 though, that'd be awesome

Computron

Seriously, for some reason everyone in BTB votes for neutral bomb all the time, and no one EVER picks up the bomb. Last game I scored twice because no one would do anything. Agh.

People play objective so they can get easy kills on people that are focusing the objective.
They just want cheap stat-padding slayer.

zap

People play objective so they can get easy kills on people that are focusing the objective.
They just want cheap stat-padding slayer.

I really hope that 343 will do what Bungie failed to do ever since putting stats up online...

Stop counting Objective Kills/Deaths as part of the K/D ratio - it'll stop a ton of griefers who just want to stat-pad.

I really hope that 343 will do what Bungie failed to do ever since putting stats up online...

Stop counting Objective Kills/Deaths as part of the K/D ratio - it'll stop a ton of griefers who just want to stat-pad.
I've said as much before. This would improve the matchmaking experience for just about every style objective game, from CTF to Grifball.

I've always wanted that to happen. Although even then I don't think it would stop people from going for kills rather than the objective.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

even remove it from objective post game stats

I've always wanted that to happen. Although even then I don't think it would stop people from going for kills rather than the objective.
People are always going to play Objective games like they're Slayer, but there has always been a contingent in online Halo and its statistical reporting that purposely use objective to farm kills. They contributed to killing populations in lists that already had a high barrier of entry. No one, from the brand new to the seasoned player wants to be systematically subjected to such grief.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I swear I played TOBJ today which is supposed to be TU and I was getting 100% bloom. Maybe I was crazy, and me being yellow bar didn't help either.

I still shit on them, but that's besides the point.

zap

Removing KD from objective gametypes might make the general population refuse to play objective games even more than they already do.

Eh, it can't get much worse. I just see the way that it is now (alongside the cR bonus of making matches drag out) actually encourages stat padding by objective holding etc.

Have the global K/D only count slayer games, we only want to see win percentage for Objective to show how good you are.

Invulnerable vehicles? Yeah, fuck that. I'd add that to the list of things that would make my teammates quit out faster.
All the better when they whore vehicles that are invalid the moment you finally take out the enemy's onslaught. Invulnerable vehicles add more risk to charging in with them.

I know bloom is client side, but I think some of the TU hooks in Megalo can get messed up in a host migration. I've had bloom return briefly in ZBR games.
That reminds me, Halo 4 better be rock solid in handling host migrations. If they're wanting to return AAs so bad and skip over dedis again, I hope I don't see cases where I suddenly no longer have an AA after a black screen.

Which had no matchmaking.
It had server browsing and very wonky netcode! On PC at least. Anyways, there are some cases of things being altered for the sake of matchmaking like aim-assist, but this isn't it at all. Invul vehicles should make a comeback-- even though I know it won't happen because everyone has a boner for "realism".

It had server browsing and very wonky netcode! On PC at least. Anyways, there are some cases of things being altered for the sake of matchmaking like aim-assist, but this isn't it at all. Invul vehicles should make a comeback-- even though I know it won't happen because everyone has a boner for "realism".

We hate Banshees and Gauss Hogs enough as they are thanks :p

Eh, it can't get much worse. I just see the way that it is now (alongside the cR bonus of making matches drag out) actually encourages stat padding by objective holding etc.

Have the global K/D only count slayer games, we only want to see win percentage for Objective to show how good you are.

Well hopefully Halo 4's investment system is not backwards of what it should be (emphasis on playing time and random bonuses instead of performance in the game, both team and individual).

In CE everyone had a pistol.

True. Obviously it was taken into account that regular weapons would be able to damage players in the vehicles because you couldn't destroy the vehicles themselves.

Which had no matchmaking.

What does that have to do with anything? Vehicle combat was balanced, just differently than in the games that allowed you to destroy vehicles.

We hate Banshees and Gauss Hogs enough as they are thanks :p
Because they always have to be as poorly implemented as Reach's.

Edit: Though I don't even understand the point of bringing this up, I am saying that when you finally take out the users, you can use them instantly in retaliation. That would be better than in Reach where you simply destroy them and the opposition ends up with a crippling lead.

Because they always have to be as poorly implemented as Reach's.

Edit: Though I don't even understand the point of bringing this up, I am saying that when you finally take out the users, you can use them instantly in retaliation. That would be better than in Reach where you simply destroy them and the opposition ends up with a crippling lead.

Touché sir.

Retro

What if instead of easily-destructible vehicles or invincible vehicles, you find a middle ground that has some degree of strategy?

Say your standard Warthog has 100 'health'. You drive in towards the enemy base and they tear it apart, to zero health. Warthog explodes, everyone is ejected and has their shields popped (but they're not automatically killed) and the vehicle becomes unusable. However, any player can walk up to the dead warthog and repair it (same button as flipping it). Once the vehicle has a set amount of health repaired (say, 20) it can be driven again.

As a bonus, the passenger could have access to an on-board repair system, so instead of shooting he can be fixing the vehicle as it's driving around. Not so fast that he can keep the vehicle up through heavy fire, but enough that he can bring it back up a little between strafing runs. This comes at the cost of being able to shoot, so it's not something you'd ever want to do under fire (in fact, to keep it from being abused, it could automatically be disabled if you've been damaged in the last 3 seconds or something).

Throw in an Armor Ability or Specialization or something that increases how quickly you can repair vehicles and you've got something to play with. Maybe even a passive ability that auto-repairs vehicles you're in or increases their maximum 'health'.

Might be an interesting strategy to leave enemy vehicles with 21 health and wait for some schmuck to hop into it for a quick and easy shield-pop.

Kuroyume

Banned
dmg04 Why do you complain so much about Spartan Lasers?

The Spartan Laser is fine. The real mistake was ever allowing vehicles to be destroyed… From a purely multiplayer perspective, the Warthog was much cooler when it was a mobile objective/weapons platform that both sides were fighting over. Also, we should have made you lock your target first.
Sage Merrill

Could not be any happier that these guys don't make Halo games anymore.

It was a replacement for the lock-on rocket launcher in Halo 2, which had previously rendered vehicles obsolete. The laser at least gave you some forewarning and required some aiming. Though, players got pretty good at pre-charging it. I tend to agree with Sage. Indestructible vehicles (that transfer damage to the drivers) may make less fictional sense, but played better.
Tyson Green

Did we not play the same game?

Tawpgun

Definitely a much more orchestral, movie soundtrack vibe to Halo 4.

Not sure if better than Marty or not. Need to see it in game.

Slayer Unlimited is the most popular gametype in Halo.

senador

Banned
Just found a leaked pic of the Halo 4 Sniper:

yJDgql.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom