• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Can't do CTF, there will be a lot of ties.

Can't do MLG maps, they're not very good with normal jump height and movement speed.

Aggrotek

Just had a friend I play a ton of Halo with overdose on some shit and now he's dead. Keep it clean HaloGAF.

Sorry to hear that man. :( Losses like this are always tough.

What have I missed in the past 10 pages? Teams solidified? What's our team name fracas?

Can't do CTF, there will be a lot of ties.

Can't do MLG maps, they're not very good with normal jump height and movement speed.

Oddball?

heckfu

Banned
Ugh, Assault will get ties aswell. Screw normal jump height movement speed why are we limited to that. MLG settings are best settings

That's why I proposed the first two games being slayer and the 3rd round, or tiebreaker, is sudden death assault on Refuge. No time limit, first to arm wins that round.

Fracas

#fuckonami
That's why I proposed the first two games being slayer and the 3rd round, or tiebreaker, is sudden death assault on Refuge. No time limit, first to arm wins that round.

I'll consider that. Instead of first to arm though, it'd be first to score.

I should be able to. Do not see any foreseeable interferences.
Nice! Should be able to get some good games in, Bregmann and Franklinator are down as well.
edit: noooooo

Aggrotek

I'll consider that. Instead of first to arm though, it'd be first to score.

Nice! Should be able to get some good games in, Bregmann and Franklinator are down as well.
edit: noooooo

It's only an hour difference. How many games are you wanting to get in?

On top of that, Powerhouse is a good map.

Think I'll stick with what I have now. I may use Heckfu's idea.
Dang. I love oddball... lol

Computron

Guys, let's talk Cinemagraphs.

I.E., this:

FzxIF.gif

DgTYv.gif

I couldn't find any Halo ones, so I'll go make some. Where should I start?

EDIT:

I don't have a capture cards, So if any of you guys have clips or Youtube videos that would be swell.

Remember, the goal is to get pictures with lots of motion that can be frozen except for one or two spots that remain active.

BigShow36

Round 1 - Team Snipers, Hemorrage
Round 2 - Armor Lock and Shotguns Only, The Cage
Round 3 - Invasion, Spire

100% bloom

You can thank me later.

Round 1 - Team Snipers, Hemorrage
Round 2 - Armor Lock and Shotguns Only, The Cage
Round 3 - Invasion, Spire

100% bloom

You can thank me later.
Agreed, it's the only way. Although I will say that Onvadikn should be Grav Hammers only.

edit: wtf is Onvadikn, should be invasion. Stupid autocorrect

On top of that, Powerhouse is a good map.

Think I'll stick with what I have now. I may use Heckfu's idea.

NO. powerhouse is horrible if you're blue team.

Red team have rockets/propipe on spawn and are equal distance to hammer. Blue team have the focus rifle. Its completely unfair on blue team not to mention the fact red team are going to have that high back area that can easily be defended from would be attackers with all their power weapons.

I just noticed that in the latest 360 system update they finally fixed the little Xbox logo icon in the alert pop-ups. It used to be jagged around the edges since around the NXE update that changed it to a newer logo, but they finally smoothed it out. That's one less thing for me to be neurotic about.

Risen

Red team have rockets/propipe on spawn and are equal distance to hammer. Blue team have the focus rifle. Its completely unfair on blue team not to mention the fact red team are going to have that high back area that can easily be defended from would be attackers with all their power weapons.

I read that in my head with a really angy Euro accent.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's only an hour difference. How many games are you wanting to get in?
Not sure. Franklinator can't stay up that late, so probably a handful or so.

Blue team also gets a shotgun.

Gotten rockets as blue team plenty of times, it's about the same distance. There always a fight for them. Blue team also gets Shotgun which you didn't mention.

Thats going to do absolutely no good when the entire other team have long range power weapons + DMR's

Blue team gets the only long range power weapon on the map though.

Gotten rockets as blue team plenty of times, it's about the same distance. There always a fight for them. Blue team also gets Shotgun which you didn't mention.

Red team can easily nade the entrance to rockets and grab them, iv had them when playing blue team aswell but red team have an advantage.

Edit: while not essentially the same as a sniper both Propipe and to a lesser degree rockets are good power weapons for range especially on a smaller map like powerhouse.

Long distance was relative.

In my mind the point stands, Red team have an advantage on powerhouse.

Frankie's said that the propipe was objectively underused in Reach, but perhaps that's due to the change in removing explosions on impact up close and the way the proxy detection was practically a hidden feature on it. I was just thinking about the things people liked that were dropped in sequels as I was riding a Chopper around in campaign. How great would it be for that beast to make a return?

Computron

I don't have a capture cards, so if any of you guys have clips or Youtube videos that you want made into cinemagraphs, link me.

Remember, the goal is to get pictures with lots of motion that can be frozen except for one or two spots that remain active.

Risen

If you have to ask, you can't afford me.

Luckily I'll donate my time for Halo 4's playlists.

A guy can't window shop?

'Bout to hop on HaloGAF... come play people.

On a side and very random note... my great great grandmother's cast iron skillet is the most amazing cooking instrument ever made. Just sayin'...

Powerhouse is a good map, but red team has a clear advantage in even matches. Also shotguns pretty useless. Maybe replace hammer with snipe and put hammer at focus rifle. Just thinking. What did mlg have it setup as?

Aggrotek

So I saw Prometheus today. I really liked it. Thought the acting was really good, and the soundtrack was great. Anyone else enjoy this film?

In response to powerhouse, I really don't think that the balance issues break the map. I think most teams will be able to handle spawning blue, and there is 2 other rounds.

BigShow36

Frankie's said that the propipe was objectively underused in Reach, but perhaps that's due to the change in removing explosions on impact up close and the way the proxy detection was practically a hidden feature on it. I was just thinking about the things people liked that were dropped in sequels as I was riding a Chopper around in campaign. How great would it be for that beast to make a return?

I don't understand the logic of judging and removing weapons based on how much they were used.

Obviously spawn weapons and utility weapons will be used most. Mid range weapons in general will be profilic simply because they are effective in a lot of difference scenarios. However, a weapon can be "underused" for a lot of different reasons, and the propipe certainly wasn't underused due to lack of effectiveness. What matters is whether or not a weapon effectively serves a unique role, and I think the GL did that in Reach.

I really don't see what they think they'll accomplish by replacing the "underused" propipe with something that looks to be a lot less useful.

darthbob

So I saw Prometheus today. I really liked it. Thought the acting was really good, and the soundtrack was great. Anyone else enjoy this film?

Not on GAF.

I liked the film a lot, and yes, it has flaws, but seriously, the movie was hyped incredibly, and like Halo 2's campaign, didn't meet expectations with some of the biggest fans.

I see the movie for what it is, and I give Scott the benefit of the doubt. Sure, Lindelof's choices were pretty terrible, but if there's a Prometheus 2, I'm certain that we'll have answers especially if Spaihts writes again.

Forerunner chopper... SEX!

So I was given a message by fracas to pass along to you plebs

Final game types/maps decided, played in this order:

Slayer on Powerhouse
Slayer on Zealot
Neutral Bomb on Refuge (or whatever that map is called). First to score wins series

Personally, this sounds fine to me.

BigShow36

So I was given a message by fracas to pass along to you plebs

Final game types/maps decided, played in this order:

Slayer on Powerhouse
Slayer on Zealot
Neutral Bomb on Refuge (or whatever that map is called). First to score wins series

Personally, this sounds fine to me.

BRB, working on uber-secret team strats.

space-age-space-camping.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom