• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah what the hell is that? It says the game is running on a 880x720 resolution. How does that make any sense? Why would your game's resolution not be anywhere near a similar aspect ratio of 16:9 or 16:10?

Geez...can it be next gen now? This is just getting embarrassing.

I need to convince myself that a gaming PC is a good investment.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Only version of TU Neutral Bomb I can find is one with bleedthrough in :(

5DoK0.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
Eh, no big deal, I'll hop into Team Objective tomorrow and get it.

Also, heads up: Everybody playing needs to be a Spartan. Remember, Elites move faster, have more health, etc.

That is a big deal.

Also, heads up: Everybody playing needs to be a Spartan. Remember, Elites move faster, have more health, etc.

That is a big deal.

except during the final where you reveal that the tournament will be decided by dino blasters on the cage

FyreWulff

That is a big deal.

If you're using proper TU gametypes this won't matter (everyone is forced to Spartan)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Meh, I'm drunk about ready to fall asleep and go to work early so I can get home in time to gather my team. So it's moot.

We're still winning tomorrow.

I...agree. Depends on who all shows up, though.

And I still don't know if I underestimated CyReN's skill level.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I...agree. Depends on who all shows up, though.

And I still don't know if I underestimated CyReN's skill level.

We haven't gotten to play with Stalker a whole lot this week, but even between the other teammates we have gotten a great rhythm, and absolutely dominated folks in matchmaking. I'm actually hoping they bring their A-game, because we'd certainly welcome the challenge.

Fracas

#fuckonami
whatthefuckisthisshit.jpg

Rand0m TAG showed me several of his profiles. All of them kick ass, seriously.
Zoso Achilles is really good as well. Very high K/D and BPR.
Stalker is a very solid mid range player.
Ryaaan has said he's improved, and I believe him. He plays much better than his stats suggest.

Your team's no slouch either.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Ryaaan has said he's improved, and I believe him. He plays much better than his stats suggest.

Grade-A organizer, Grade-AAA hype generator

Lololololololol.

Just kidding, <3 Ryan.

I expect to see films in fileshares so I can download them shortly after the matches, gentlemen.

If only Reach's theater mode allowed you to watch in parties, film analysis would greatly benefit my team.

IHaveIce

Banned
So today is the first match?

not to offend anyone, but I think Team Warwood will win.

So you all not attend real pic july :( classis now I feel like an outsider

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

So you clearly underpowered my team, CSB.

Shadders

Wait, tournament games are being played at 11pm EST? That's like 4am in the UK.. that's not a time when I'm awake.

Or was this time set by the availability of the folks taking part in this match?

Striker

I rage quit earlier today because of jetpacks.
An entire team using jetpack on boardwalk is one of the most annoying things.

It is really the thing that has me worried most for Halo 4.
Boardwalk is one of the more ridiculous maps that allows the jetpack to be negatively abusive. Reflection and some of the forged variants from the community are also hit hard by it. Then there's maps like Zealot, Powerhouse, and Countdown where I haven't necessarily found its presence as repulsive. Still, I think where maps like the Jetpack isn't absolutely terrible, it's something else that is, like Camo. A team of Jetpacks on Pinnacle or Countdown may not be as harmful as a team of Camo players. Those two AA's, along with Spartans using Evade, are the three absolute worst things of the game. They're not available at all times or in every game mode or playlist, but in a lot of moments they're quite annoying to face. I'm sure we'll find similar things in H4, unfortunately. Once Regen Field gets introduced and gets to be used on small, enclosed maps, I'll probably be want to break my disc.

IHaveIce

Banned
Boardwalk is one of the more ridiculous maps that allows the jetpack to be negatively abusive. Reflection and some of the forged variants from the community are also hit hard by it. Then there's maps like Zealot, Powerhouse, and Countdown where I haven't necessarily found its presence as repulsive. Still, I think where maps like the Jetpack isn't absolutely terrible, it's something else that is, like Camo. A team of Jetpacks on Pinnacle or Countdown may not be as harmful as a team of Camo players. Those two AA's, along with Spartans using Evade, are the three absolute worst things of the game. They're not available at all times or in every game mode or playlist, but in a lot of moments they're quite annoying to face. I'm sure we'll find similar things in H4, unfortunately. Once Regen Field gets introduced and gets to be used on small, enclosed maps, I'll probably be want to break my disc.

I think Jetpack on Pinnacle is also bad, one of the reasons is that the crosshair's colour is hard to see on the blue sky.

But yeah AAs in general aren't that good for Halo, I think if they kept them as pick ups like in H3 it would be better

Akai__

Run a system recovery last night during a storm. Guess what happened? A blackout on our entire building... My pc works fine, except that he keeps saying me that I have no network adapters, so no i-net on my pc.

Tried to recover it a few times now, but it fails every time. Guess I have to install Windows 7 again...

wwm0nkey

Run a system recovery last night during a storm. Guess what happened? A blackout on our entire building... My pc works fine, except that he keeps saying me that I have no network adapters. So no i-net on my pc.

Tried to recover it a few times now, but it fails every time. Guess I have to install Windows 7 again...

Wish Windows 7 would have the refresh features of Windows 8

Finally started playing Mass Effect 3.

Damn good so far.

The new ending is somewhat better IMO and the whole game is pretty damn awesome!

Also, SPOILER FOR THE END OF Mass Effect 3:
Lol at shooting the starchild giving its own ending. My brother said ''shoot him, just for fun'' just as I was walking up to the synthesis path :lol

Gui_PT

The new ending is somewhat better IMO and the whole game is pretty damn awesome!

Also, SPOILER FOR THE END:
Lol at shooting the starchild giving its own ending. My brother said ''shoot him, just for fun'' just as I was walking up to the synthesis path :lol

I always thought you were a woman. This avatar is so disappointing

Striker

I think Jetpack on Pinnacle is also bad, one of the reasons is that the crosshair's colour is hard to see on the blue sky.

But yeah AAs in general aren't that good for Halo, I think if they kept them as pick ups like in H3 it would be better
Knowing how everything has been implemented in those games, there will still be a million items on the map. And the spawns will be ridiculous - look how fast the regens spawned in Isolation, or the power drainers in Valhalla. Felt like every person in the game had one at some point. OS and Invis were a great foundation and I'm all for adding new things to the game, but they've just kept cramming maps up instead of getting creative, and balanced uses for them.

wwm0nkey

Has anyone here played the new Tribes game? Need some team members who know what they are doing, just went 22-2 but our team still lost because they don't know what a flag is :(

(Also apparently I am god like at that game because I've been in the top 3 since I started playing)

FyreWulff

Has anyone here played the new Tribes game? Need some team members who know what they are doing, just went 22-2 but our team still lost because they don't know what a flag is :(

(Also apparently I am god like at that game because I've been in the top 3 since I started playing)

Sounds like FPS playerbases in general. Maybe they should just make the flag a guy that moves towards your base when you shoot him, then maybe people would actually know how to play CTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom