• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the most updated list I have now, still adding stats:
Gamertag is same as GAF username, unless stated otherwise. WP=Win percentage.

monsterfracas: BPR=85 K/D=1.57 WP=62%
kittens (shanti 666): BPR=91 K/D=1.67 WP=61%
ryaaan14: BPR=34 K/D=.65 WP=56%
thezerofire: BPR=90 K/D=1.55 WP=67%
heckfu: BPR=59 K/D=1.09 WP=65%
Wahrer Machine: BPR=45 K/D=.96 WP%=49%
CyReN (CyReN CE) (?): BPR=68 K/D=1.21 WP=60%
Franklinator (Franklinaut): BPR=66 K/D=1.25 WP=58%
Karl2177 (?): BPR=80 K/D=1.47 WP=61%
Ramirez (TJ Ram): BPR=100 K/D=1.79 WP=84%
StalkerUKCG: BPR=69 K/D=1.22 WP=65%
NubInaTub: BPR=88 K/D=1.62 WP=61%
Hypertrooper (?): BPR=76 KD=1.25 WP=70%
daedalius: BPR=81 K/D=1.36 WP=69%
Ravensmash: BPR=36 K/D=.74 WP=48%
HiredN00bs (?): BPR=96 K/D=1.56 WP=73%
JonCha (itsjoncharles)
ElzarTheBam (?): BPR=80 K/D=1.34 WP=70%
Plywood (Xenolock) (?): BPR=100 K/D=2.14 WP=84%
Overdoz1z (?): BPR=100 K/D=2.05 WP=71%
Tha Robbertster (Robbert014)
Fyrewulff: BPR=61 K/D=1.08 WP=68%
Hydranockz: BPR=94 K/D=1.44 WP=81%
Risen (Risen GBG)
EvB (EvilBoris DX)
Louis Wu (?)
dangerbyrnes: BPR=73 K/D=1.35 WL=60%
-Yeti (RebornYeti): BPR = 74 K/D = 1.29 WP = 67.6%
Trey (MGTrey): BPR=85 K/D=1.5 WP=60
Zoso Achilles
daedalius: BPR=82 K/D=1.37 WP=69%
Blue Ninja
Shadders (FlawlessC0wboy)
Slightly Live
789shadow (GUFU789shadow)
Falagard
Zalinkrow
Cabbie: BPR=82 KD=1.48 WL=56%
Demoncarnotaur
Sikamikanico
zap (nzapster)

I am not on the list.

Here's the most updated list I have now, still adding stats:

JonCha (itsjoncharles)
Tha Robbertster (Robbert014)
Risen (Risen GBG)
EvB (EvilBoris DX)
Louis Wu (?)
dangerbyrnes: BPR=73 K/D=1.35 WL=60%
Trey (MGTrey): BPR=85 K/D=1.5 WP=60
Zoso Achilles
Blue Ninja
Slightly Live
789shadow (GUFU789shadow)
Falagard
Zalinkrow
Demoncarnotaur
Sikamikanico
zap (nzapster)
Who the hell are all these people.

Tashi I couldn't find the end but if you didn't watch the directors cut you need to watch this deleted scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=431nGWVxXf4&feature=related

Edit: Actually this might be it: http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3DXLboF2UVge I don't have a youtube account so I can't watch it. Also, go watch Aliens if you haven't. It was a major influence on Halo and is a great film.

So I'm watching Alien for the first time(I rented it on FiOS On demand) and I'm all the way at the end,
She shoots that fuckin thing and it falls out of the ship. It's dangling now.
and then the feed times out.
If that doesn't work then I can just tell you that (spoilers)
while it is dangling she hits the engines and burns it up

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ah, whoops, only copied the first page of signups. mastrbiggy and too much eslim are here:

JonCha (itsjoncharles): BPR=68 K/D=1.24 WP=60%
Tha Robbertster (Robbert014): BPR=81 K/D=1.36 WP=69%
Risen (Risen GBG): BPR=100 K/D=1.63 WP=79%
EvB (EvilBoris DX): BPR=77 K/D=1.35 WP=70%
Louis Wu (?): BPR=58 K/D=1.13 WP=55%
dangerbyrnes: BPR=73 K/D=1.35 WP=60%
Trey (MGTrey): BPR=85 K/D=1.5 WP=60%
Zoso Achilles: BPR=97 K/D=1.78 WP=64%
Blue Ninja
Slightly Live: BPR=72 K/D=1.19 WP=70%
789shadow (GUFU789shadow): BPR=43 K/D=.85 WP=52%
Falagard: BPR=58 K/D=1.00 WP=64%
Zalinkrow: BPR=100 K/D=1.99 WP=77%
Demoncarnotaur: BPR=59 K/D=1.14 WP=56%
Sikamikanico: BPR=89 K/D=1.4 WP=81%
zap (nzapster): BPR=91 K/D=1.59 WP=66%
BigShow36: BPR=96 K/D=1.57 WP=74%
Vire (DancingJesus): BPR=57 K/D=1.07 WP=53%
EuropeOG (TiagoPORTUGAL): BPR=77 K/D=1.35 WP=58%
op_ivy (LoopOfHenle): BPR=99 K/D=1.82 WP=60%
mastrbiggy: BPR=100 K/D=1.74 WP=87%
A27 Tawpgun (Tawpgun): BPR=90 K/D=1.45 WP=75%
TCKaos: BPR=65 K/D=1.18 WP=59%
MrGreenCastle: BPR=82 K/D=1.47 WP=63%
senador (SenadorKooch): BPR=64 K/D=1.19 WP=59%
kylej (jelyk): BPR=100 K/D=1.54 WP=82%
too much eslim
Stripper13 (STRPR): BPR=95 K/D=1.7 WP=63%
Computron (Vlad356)
wwm0nkey
Booties
Awesome Barlow

PNut

Banned
Uncaged is still in Arena. Select is not. I need to know why. Did the creator of Select ask for his map to be removed? Did he piss someone off? Did 343 accidentally forget to upload it to Arena season 12? Is this how the Halo 4 "Ranked playlist" is going to be managed? Last time I checked no one in the group that's creating new maps knows why either.

You still have to do it though. COD has been doing it for years, and it works perfectly. And don't say that COD has many more players because that have a 100 playlists in their games and a solid number of them have very small numbers, like a few hundred at a time. You could put in an exception rule where if there is only a certain number of people in a searching pool, than the system will combine you with people that don't have the DLC, but 99% of the time, you should be matched up against people that have the same set of maps as you.

Locking out playlists just drops the population dramatically, I'm not sure how much it makes people buy the DLC. I also don't think it's right to force people to buy DLC to play core playlists.

Yep

I will repeat, it is a slap in the face to your loyal consumer by not having good DLC implementation in place. Those are your dedicated customers, that are paying more than $60 for their game, you can't just hang them out to dry.

I know, I know. From a PR perspective it's a mess.

let me try this in basic maths.
Let the population of the Team Slayer playlist be 3,000.
Let the amount of those 3000 players that have a given DLC pack be 300
The percentage of players who have DLC in the playlist is 10%.
Assume the search completely ignores all players without DLC in matching a player to a game. [Best case algorithm]
The amount of people you are searching to find a good connection to is 7/300. Reciprocal ~43.
ELSE (without DLC) you are searching to find a good connection with 7/3000. Reciprocal is ~428.​

There's a lot more to it than that, but you can see that the search space decreases by 90%...
----------------edit--------------------------
Lets add an additional map pack.
Let the amount of those 3000 players that have a given DLCA pack be 300
Let the amount of those 3000 players that have a given DLCB pack be 200
Let the amount of those 3000 players that have both DLCA and DLCB pack be 100
The percentage of players who have both DLCA and DLCB in the playlist is ~3%.
Assume the search completely ignores all players without DLC in matching a player to a game. [Best case algorithm]
The amount of people you are searching to find a good connection to is 7/100. Reciprocal ~14.
ELSE (without DLC) you are searching to find a good connection with 7/3000. Reciprocal is ~428.
Search space decreases by ~97%...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi I couldn't find the end but if you didn't watch the directors cut you need to watch this deleted scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=431nGWVxXf4&feature=related

Edit: Actually this might be it: http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3DXLboF2UVge I don't have a youtube account so I can't watch it. Also, go watch Aliens if you haven't. It was a major influence on Halo and is a great film.

If that doesn't work then I can just tell you that (spoilers)
while it is dangling she hits the engines and burns it up

I guess I was watching the Director's Cut because I saw that scene. It's pretty awesome. That second link you put has like 90% dislikes on it. It's a joke video.

Looks like I didn't miss a whole lot at the ending, pretty cool stuff. Movie was really good. I wouldn't say great but it was certainly very interesting. And,
Ash being a robot was fucking bananas. Totally didn't see that coming. The AI, Mother, was awesome too.

So I'm watching Alien for the first time(I rented it on FiOS On demand) and I'm all the way at the end,
She shoots that fuckin thing and it falls out of the ship. It's dangling now.
and then the feed times out. I go to resume play and it starts from the beginning. It would seriously take 25 minutes to forward to that part again. Can someone link me that last few minutes on youtube or some shit so I can watch it. I'm so fuckin pissed

I guess I was watching the Director's Cut because I saw that scene. It's pretty awesome. That second link you put has like 90% dislikes on it. It's a joke video.

Looks like I didn't miss a whole lot at the ending, pretty cool stuff. Movie was really good. I wouldn't say great but it was certainly very interesting. And,
Ash being a robot was fucking bananas. Totally didn't see that coming. The AI, Mother, was awesome too.

Yeah
she hits the engines frys the alien and goes into cryo with that cat.
. Aliens is a great watch too and you will see why the directors cut of Alien makes Aliens better. Have you seen Prometheus yet?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yeah
she hits the engines frys the alien and goes into cryo with that cat.
. Aliens is a great watch too and you will see why the directors cut of Alien makes Aliens better. Have you seen Prometheus yet?

Thanks for the info guys

I'm seeing Prometheus this weekend. The mixed reviews have me a little worried, I haven't read any though. I'm still dying to see it though.

hmm this tournament is going to get me amp up to play Halo again. Guess it is time to shake off the rest and actually learn the game this time around. Didn't care before due to no rank.

I feel bad for you guys who look at my stats and think that is the type of player I am it is quite misleading.

I know, I know. From a PR perspective it's a mess.

let me try this in basic maths.
Let the amount of those 3000 players that have a given DLC pack be 300
The percentage of players who have DLC in the playlist is 10%.
The amount of people you are searching to find a good connection to is 7/300. Reciprocal ~43.
ELSE (without DLC) you are searching to find a good connection with 7/3000. Reciprocal is ~428.

There's a lot more to it than that, but you can see that the search space decreases by 90%...
----------------edit--------------------------
Lets add an additional map pack.
Let the amount of those 3000 players that have a given DLCA pack be 300
Let the amount of those 3000 players that have a given DLCB pack be 200
Let the amount of those 3000 players that have both DLCA and DLCB pack be 100
The percentage of players who have both DLCA and DLCB in the playlist is ~3%.
The amount of people you are searching to find a good connection to is 7/100. Reciprocal ~14.
Search space decreases by ~97%...

While I think your numbers are probably on the extreme side, it should at least attempt this before abandoning dlc.

I've played playlists in COD with a couple hundred people in it and 3 dlc packs, and it would give me the dlc I have in games.

Thanks for the info guys

I'm seeing Prometheus this weekend. The mixed reviews have me a little worried, I haven't read any though. I'm still dying to see it though.

The mixed reviews had me worried as well but they seemed to be nitpicking really. If you can watch Aliens before you go I would recommend it but it is not necessary.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Frac, outstanding job so far, god damn. That must be tedious as hell.

And I miraculously maintain my failthrone of the shittiest Halo player on GAF, despite some competition.

Frac, outstanding job so far, god damn. That must be tedious as hell.

And I miraculously maintain my failthrone of the shittiest Halo player on GAF, despite some competition.

You just have to change your mentality and you will be a better player. Just based off your K/D ratio, unless your aiming skills are horrendous, you probably put yourself in a lot of bad situations.

Korosenai

I just started reading Ghosts of Onyx for the first time, and found a couple of interesting things.

In the prologue, it says that the Spartan Tom straps a jackal shield to his forearm in order to improvise.

A couple pages later the book reads, "This is exactly what Tom had trained for since he was six years old - years of drills and war games..."

I just found it interesting to read about a spartan using a jackal shield (hardlight shield), and then the term "war games" to describe spartan training from a halo book that came out in 2006.

Ryaaan14

Banned
You just have to change your mentality and you will be a better player. Just based off your K/D ratio, unless your aiming skills are horrendous, you probably put yourself in a lot of bad situations.

Yep. With me it simply comes down to habit. I haven't been able to shake the habits I developed from Halo CE. I tend to rush in, go out on my own, give up on going for power weapons, and rely too heavily on grenades.

However, this is in a social environment when competition is low. No stakes. But when I get in a competitive environment, I do become far more self aware. Or rather, I put having mindless fun on the backburner and focus on winning strategies only.

Yeah maybe I should do it all the time, but I honestly don't enjoy the game as much if I'm too heavily focused on winning. I get far more benefit from the quality of the experience than having the positive stats.

/flameshield

Yep. With me it simply comes down to habit. I haven't been able to shake the habits I developed from Halo CE. I tend to rush in, go out on my own, give up on going for power weapons, and rely too heavily on grenades.

However, this is in a social environment when competition is low. No stakes. But when I get in a competitive environment, I do become far more self aware. Or rather, I put having mindless fun on the backburner and focus on winning strategies only.

Yeah maybe I should do it all the time, but I honestly don't enjoy the game as much if I'm too heavily focused on winning. I get far more benefit from the quality of the experience than having the positive stats.

/flameshield

I understand. I am like that too somewhat. I just don't like dieing, but I don't care about my end results. That has more to due to lack of rank though than anything else. I have no need to be competitive. I just play and have fun.

Halo 3 however that was a different story.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, updated with alphabetized names.

edit: Is there any quick way to turn this into a spreadsheet, or will I have to type everything again?

Okay, updated with alphabetized names.

edit: Is there any quick way to turn this into a spreadsheet, or will I have to type everything again?

Yes, there is a way to enter any data or table automatically as a spreadsheet in Excel, but I don't remember how to do it off the top off my head.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Before I give an answer I need to know how teams will be decided.

There are several ideas:
-Completely random teams
-I assign each entrant a skill score and place them into an according group. Then pick teams with members of varying skill, balancing them.
-We do a draft

Any suggestions are more than welcome. If people don't stack teams, then who's on which team doesn't matter to me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yes, there is a way to enter any data or table automatically as a spreadsheet in Excel, but I don't remember how to do it off the top off my head.

Ok, I'll see if I can make a spreadsheet.

I'll have to do it on my brother's computer tomorrow though, I don't have Office.

So I played Midas today. At least I think it's called Midas. The one with the huge-ass canyon on one side. What an awful map. Nearly all the fighting takes place on the high side of the map, but you can still spawn in the canyon where people can look at you from above on three sides. The movement is essentially restricted to one hallway, and the team at the pride rock-like side can basically rule the entire map. Horrible in its concept and design.

I definitely though that the first few times I played it. However it turns out that that only happens with teams who are still relatively new to the map. Teams that have played it enough begin to exploit the fascination with the hill and the building becomes the superior spot because it has tons of different sightlines on the hill. Just don't rush the hill and it works out fine. The main issue is Sniper spawn... makes the hill seem more powerful than it actually is. If sniper was moved it would balance out that initial sense of power that hill has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom