• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Havok

Is that the first time we've seen a normal backsmack? I can't recall it ever happening with any of the E3 or RTX matches.

2ltq3xgsls81.gif
Is that pizza? He drops tons of pizza? That's the most cruel gif I have ever seen.*

*I am believing the pizza disappears after he has dropped it.

That video reminds that Halo 4 will inevitably leak out early/before the street date, and someone's gonna stream it.

And that someone is gonna suck ASS at the game. It's a rule for leaked game streams.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is that the first time we've seen a normal backsmack? I can't recall it ever happening with any of the E3 or RTX matches.

Could be. We really haven't seen many melees at all. Which I think is a good thing. Also, looks like 1 melee pops shields. Did I see that right?

Havok

Could be. We really haven't seen many melees at all. Which I think is a good thing. Also, looks like 1 melee pops shields. Did I see that right?
That's the impression I've been under since we saw the first multiplayer gameplay with someone performing the classic Halo: Reach skill move "Sprint + Melee," popping the shields in 1. Not a fan!

I had to stop watching. Trevor is painfully bad.
I got maybe 2 minutes in, then I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't know it was possible to be that bad at halo; I guess it goes to show there will always be morons dumb enough to fall for a stationary hologram, even after shooting it repeatedly.

Tashi

That's the impression I've been under since we saw the first multiplayer gameplay with someone performing the classic Halo: Reach skill move "Sprint + Melee," popping the shields in 1. Not a fan!

Right but you slow down while sprinting if you're being shot now. I don't think it's going to be like Reach in that regard.

Holy shit that guy was terrible. WOWWWWW. I could pick up any game ever and be better than that instantly. How is his base level of playing so low?

Dude must leave post-it notes around his house reminding him not to forget to breathe.

heckfu

Banned
Holy shit that guy was terrible. WOWWWWW. I could pick up any game ever and be better than that instantly. How is his base level of playing so low?

Dude must leave post-it notes around his house reminding him not to forget to breathe.

I give this joke a 6/10. Good setup but poor finish.

Tashi

:lol :lol

Woorloog

Banned
Fucking ME3, so really shitty players... Shouldn't touch the game.

Any idea if Lybertyboy or Stinkles are lurking about?
Really want clarification for the exclusive armor/Season Pass helmet thing.

Also trying to think of some other Halo related topic than armors...

EDIT that guy in the vid... really? Shooting a holo for a whole AR magazine all the while the holo is clearly transparent/flickering?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

You could, you know, just not post.

Don't worry, he'll choose BOps2 over Halo 4

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Like, I don't see myself as amazing at Halo, but I don't shoot holograms and throw grenades when I'm 3 feet from someone. Man.

Nice to see some gameplay though, albeit an old build now. PAX is in 1 week!

Woorloog

Banned
You could, you know, just not post.

Ah but i don't have anything else to do. New laptop next week so no PC gaming till then. Not in the mood to read anything. Don't have anything to do. So...
EDIT also can't find any other interesting thread with activity. I could post in MWO thread but then it'd be just me thinking potential builds.

heckfu

Banned

EDIT that guy in the vid... really? Shooting a holo for a whole AR magazine all the while the holo is clearly transparent/flickering?

The great thing about Gaf is that you don't HAVE to post! It's completely volunteer work, put it on your resume.

Tashi

So far, I've counted three times that Trevor got fooled by a hologram.

Captivating gameplay!

Well I think it's clear now that 343 should put a little text box above the hologram's head that reads, "Hologram, don't shoot" Gotta balance this baby.

Well I think it's clear now that 343 should put a little text box above the hologram's head that reads, "Hologram, don't shoot" Gotta balance this baby.
Actually this was a pretty neat confirmation that hologram is a great AA against the average (?) Halo player. And now that I have sprint anyway, that's one less decision to make!

Now that I think of it, did Trevor get a single kill that entire video? All I saw was him getting assists.
He got at least one grenade kill and that back smack.

Ah but i don't have anything else to do. New laptop next week so no PC gaming till then. Not in the mood to read anything. Don't have anything to do. So...
EDIT also can't find any other interesting thread with activity. I could post in MWO thread but then it'd be just me thinking potential builds.

Have you learned nothing from a zoojoo?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zoo joo migrated to THC is seems.

Sorry Cyren.

He already got banned from HBO? I can't see him lasting long at THC then either, although they are probably a little more "desperate" for people being new and all. Probably not that desperate though.

Eh, i don't think i read his posts really. Kinda ironic, considering he is on my friend list. No offense if you read this zoojoo, i skim most peoples posts anyway.

Besides, i'm trying to think some topic that could be interesting discussion.

Otherwise i'm stuck on complaining about the armor confusion until it is cleared.

Oh and what was the exact reason/post for zoojoos ban anyway?

You're posting about not having anything to post. This isn't going to end well.

Woorloog

Banned
Have you learned nothing from a zoojoo?

Eh, i don't think i read his posts really. Kinda ironic, considering he is on Xbox my friend list. No offense if you read this, zoojoo, i don't read most peoples posts closely anyway.

Besides, i'm trying to think some topic that could be interesting discussion.

Otherwise i'm stuck on complaining about the armor confusion until it is cleared.

Oh and what was the exact reason/post for zoojoos ban anyway?

Havok

Right but you slow down while sprinting if you're being shot now. I don't think it's going to be like Reach in that regard.
Yeah, it'll help, but I don't think 2 hit melee kills are good regardless of whether sprint is involved, didn't like it in Halo 3 either. Anniversary Classic feels so much better in that regard, people don't just try and go for the second melee, instead backing up to finish the kill, at least in my experience.

Top Bottom