• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Fuchsdh

Man. Have these people learned nothing from the whole Kickstarter/IndieGoGo craze?

The only way you're going to get people to part with money is if you look like a professional, or at least someone competent.

At least they captured decent audio, but shooting in someone's room with a cell phone cam and a computer monitor in the background throwing exposure... who would think that's a smart idea?

I don't know anything about this Suddoth guy, but I do know that his vocal tics turned me off within 20 seconds of watching.

A few pointers for the CGL.

A) Buy your own suit or sport jacket - don't borrow one from Dad's closet.
B) Don't use footage of other events (MLG etc.) to promote your service.
C) Donate at least $250 toward your own campaign so it isn't stuck at $10 out of $5,000
D) Realize that any event is going to cost well over $5,000 and start a different campaign

Cyren, why you be giving $10? :)

willow ve

A few pointers for the CGL.

A) Buy your own suit or sport jacket - don't borrow one from Dad's closet.
B) Don't use footage of other events (MLG etc.) to promote your service.
C) Donate at least $250 toward your own campaign so it isn't stuck at $10 out of $5,000
D) Realize that any event is going to cost well over $5,000 and start a different campaign

Man. Have these people learned nothing from the whole Kickstarter/IndieGoGo craze?

The only way you're going to get people to part with money is if you look like a professional, or at least someone competent.

At least they captured decent audio, but shooting in someone's room with a cell phone cam and a computer monitor in the background throwing exposure... who would think that's a smart idea?

I don't know anything about this Suddoth guy, but I do know that his vocal tics turned me off within 20 seconds of watching.
That is not Suddoth 1 or 2. That's some other guy. If Suddoth had shot the video, they would have made Gangster signs at the beginning. "Hey I am suddoth 1" "I am suddoth 2" "We are" "having a" "kickstarter project" "on Indiegogo." etc.

Kokonoe

Banned
I received my copy of Halo 2 PC today, and while I haven't played this game in a very long time, I have to say it holds up very well and is still greatly entertaining. Of course playing this in 1080p + 60 FPS is quite nice as well, I never realized Halo has never been 60 FPS on consoles.

Aggrotek

Not sure if you're serious, but as of just now (9am eastern on Saturday), their status:

current_cgl_donations.png

Eh. Okay, the $10 is probably from one of the Sudds. Never mind.

lol so good. When did this thing launch?

Fuchsdh

That is not Suddoth 1 or 2. That's some other guy. If Suddoth had shot the video, they would have made Gangster signs at the beginning. "Hey I am suddoth 1" "I am suddoth 2" "We are" "having a" "kickstarter project" "on Indiegogo." etc.

Haha, yeah, I searched for "Suddoth" and this was the top hit after their own site. The vid was pretty funny.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Suddoth Twins

Don't know if posted yet. If you are lucky enough to have a 2007 console that still works. You can get a free slim from Microsoft due to the new dash update. The CD-ROM of the old console wont be able to play the new disk format that has a extra gig of storage. I wonder if Halo 4 will be on the new disk format.
http://www.metrowny.com/news-entert..._not_compatible_with_new_Firmware_Update.html

This is fairly old news... so have new games come out with this already? Does that make it a 10.x GB disc instead of the usual 4.7x2 dual layer?

FyreWulff

Don't know if posted yet. If you are lucky enough to have a 2007 console that still works. You can get a free slim from Microsoft due to the new dash update. The CD-ROM of the old console wont be able to play the new disk format that has a extra gig of storage. I wonder if Halo 4 will be on the new disk format.
http://www.metrowny.com/news-entert..._not_compatible_with_new_Firmware_Update.html

The Halo 3 360s are from 2007 and I still have mine, but they probably don't have this issue, and even if they did I probably screwed myself over by having my account on various other Xboxes and Slims since I got it.

edit: also I'm pretty sure I already played a game in that format on that 360 :lol

Vire

Hmm, this article is nearly a year old.

I still have a white 360 and I never received any e-mail from Microsoft about this.

*shrug*

Beckx

Hmm, this article is nearly a year old.

I still have a white 360 and I never received any e-mail from Microsoft about this.

*shrug*

Article has the feel of those emails about how Bill Gates was willing to donate money to cancer, but only if you forward his email to ten friends.

Kokonoe

Banned
I keep forgetting to buy this.

It's certainly worth it in my opinion. I actually didn't play too much of Halo 2 besides the campaign as I've never owned an original Xbox. So after playing 3 and Reach, it doesn't even appear to be a downgrade, just it's own thing.

Kuroyume

Banned

Holy shit. I have a H3 360 which I haven't turned on since forever. How do I make sure to get this new dashboard or have them detect me (assuming my 360 won't work anymore)? How often do I have to get on Xbox Live? I need a new 360. I have like 0 hdd space and a totaly busted controller. lol

malfcn

Old, but still cool for those peope. I traded in 2 fats for the Slim when they first came out. And of all games are now the new format, starting with Gears 3 I think.

FyreWulff

Why was there no spawn protection build into Reach?

It's available in Halo 3 and Reach via custom game settings, just never used in matchmaking.

Also, just played some BF3 on 360. Quickmatch. Join a server. Disgunbgood...

"Retards and Tryhards will be kicked. Knifing the admin or mod to be kicked. 500% tickets. No dogfights"

Guide button -> Y -> Dashboard

FyreWulff

Did they ever explain why it never got into matchmaking?

I dunno. It was asked for numerous times in the Optimatch days and nobody ever got an answer. It should be in SWAT at minimum.

You could have, you know, used the server browser.

You mean the one that has a bunch of player-run servers with the same bullshit? I'd rather go play Reach where I can get a game without these stupid rules within a minute, instead of trawling through a server list of poop. Especially when you let them set welcoming messages like that. Whoever mentioned earlier in the thread that DICE threw the game to the wolves wasn't kidding.

It's available in Halo 3 and Reach via custom game settings, just never used in matchmaking.

"Retards and Tryhards will be kicked. Knifing the admin or mod to be kicked. 500% tickets. No dogfights"

You could have, you know, used the server browser.

Pennybags

Best thing about those servers is that the "admins" are almost never present during grade school hours. Hmm.

You mean the one that has a bunch of player-run servers with the same bullshit? I'd rather go play Reach where I can get a game without these stupid rules within a minute, instead of trawling through a server list of poop. Especially when you let them set welcoming messages like that. Whoever mentioned earlier in the thread that DICE threw the game to the wolves wasn't kidding.

Sure, there are servers like the one you described, but you're acting as if there aren't Official or rented servers with vanilla settings. Just take the time to search.

Overdoziz

Banned
The BF3 server browser would have been great if there was a way to filter between DICE and private servers. That's the only issue. Also, quick match should never put you in private servers.

Woorloog

Banned
The BF3 server browser would have been great if there was a way to filter between DICE and private servers. That's the only issue. Also, quick match should never put you in private servers.

Also all servers not using standard settings and 100% tickets should be automatically flagged with some symbol.

FyreWulff

This. Optimatch/quickmatch should never throw you in player made servers first, and there's no way to filter them out. I just want to play the game without having to worry about managing the enviroment variables.

Forging Ahead breaks its (very long!) hiatus as Ghaleon takes a final look at the possibilities – and limitations – that Reach brings to map makers in the 14th and final instalment of the Forging Ahead series on Forward Unto Dawn.

Nice, read the first half and liking it so far

Around :45, did the red just randomly decided to throw a grenade at the wall? Or did he do that on purpose?

I'm sure that was by accident.. If it's anything that these videos of bad players confirmed to me is that they probably won't be picking up Halo 4 lol - For lesser skilled players the automatics are too weak/short ranged, the kill times are too long and the precision weapons are too difficult to use.

Stereo Love!

Nice, heard it too - Good song ;]

Btw. guys, I do not know if you know it but today is Hitmonchan's 22nd Anniversary on Earth. Ehm. I meant today is his birthday!

Happy Birthday, Hitmonchan.

NA or European servers? Too much lag across the pond... EDIT don't know where you're from.

Regardless, i'll eat first. Blasted oven is just slow to heat up...

NA
I was playing on an EU server a couple of days ago and it wasn't that bad. Definitely playable.

I'll be on either way :)

Fuchsdh

I'm sure that was by accident.. If it's anything that these videos of bad players confirmed to me is that they probably won't be picking up Halo 4 lol - For lesser skilled players the automatics are too weak/short ranged, the kill times are too long and the precision weapons are too difficult to use.

If that's your issue (can't track someone with an automatic, can't ping someone with a precision), what are you doing playing an FPS?

I do think it's interesting that 343i are making the AR more effective at a longer range, but I think that it's one of those changes that will only make a difference to reasonable competent players--the guys who spray and pray today aren't going to get any better with spray and pray in the future.

Edit: Hitmonchan's on GAF? Happy birthday!

If that's your issue (can't track someone with an automatic, can't ping someone with a precision), what are you doing playing an FPS?

I do think it's interesting that 343i are making the AR more effective at a longer range, but I think that it's one of those changes that will only make a difference to reasonable competent players--the guys who spray and pray today aren't going to get any better with spray and pray in the future.

And they'll just flock to CoD, which IMO is a blessing anyway even though Halo loses the numbers (although a rank system would.. nvm). I know if I was that bad at the game it would only drive me to become that much better at it..

Top Bottom