• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Vire

I don't mind that.

Just out of curiosity, why did you guys change the names of Haven and Adrift?

Warhouse was too exploitable? :p

Warhouse was too much like Sword Base.

i.e.: dumb

Adrift explains the tone and feeling of the map (desolate and abandoned), whereas Warhouse is just kinda generic.

I think you can answer the Wraparound one yourself...

senador

Banned
I hate the word "haven". I think its because when I was a kid I went to one of those kid playground things and it was called Hamster Haven. There were stinky kids in it and I found some poop on the stairs. Fucking gross. Now I always feel like "haven" is a gross thing.

FyreWulff

It's a thing of beauty. Fyrewulff, on behalf of all of HaloGAF, I want to thank you for making Cragmire. Definitive Reach.

I thought about making a Cragmire shirt for PAX. I have to be careful to not spend hundreds of dollars on one-off shirts like the .map one I'll be wearing though. :lol

Everyone else has played Cragmire more than I have in matchmaking, which has been a total of one time.

It's a thing of beauty. Fyrewulff, on behalf of all of HaloGAF, I want to thank you for making Cragmire. Definitive Reach.

rvDHH.gif

I thought about making a Cragmire shirt for PAX. I have to be careful to not spend hundreds of dollars on one-off shirts like the .map one I'll be wearing though. :lol

Everyone else has played Cragmire more than I have in matchmaking, which has been a total of one time.

It feels like Cragmire comes up every other BTB game for me.

I'd buy a Cragmire shirt

I actually like Cragmire. I also enjoy heavies.

Also good chance I'm going to Dallas now that I found locals that are driving. Sad I couldnt work PAX out. :(

CyReN

Is anybody seriously considering going to Dallas? Plane tickets at $255 at the moment via Spirit (heard they are horrible). May be looking to bunk up.

FyreWulff

It feels like Cragmire comes up every other BTB game for me.

I'd buy a Cragmire shirt

I could maybe ask Devo for one more favor and then have her submit it to the GAF shirt store?

I've only played Cragmyre once but I was like what in all the fucks?

GAUSS HOGS

WRAITHS

SCORPIONS

4 FALCONS

I would have liked if we could have had Objectives support for the Heavies maps so BTB would be less Slayer-dominant. In the final update, I would think they'd fold both Heavies and Slayer into Slot 1 and bring Objective back to Slot 2

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I hate Temple so much.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Did you accidentally a word? Expansion itself didn't drop today right?

I quit refreshing it and will come back later in hopes that it helps the sever some and he can answer more before he runs out of time.

AMAs are pretty awesome. I liked Aziz Ansari's and Bill Nye's a lot.
Aw, my bad. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, haha. Been super tired today.

In Halo news, I wonder just what today's bulletin will cover. I'm hoping for weapons.

DeadNames

Banned
I hope Halo 4 can spawn some epic machinimas...

Looking back at some series, I wonder what Bungie was thinking with no weapon lowering over Live.

In Halo news, I wonder just what today's bulletin will cover. I'm hoping for weapons.

The MLG tourney, and Microsofts' #Swagfest, with a hint of PAX.

I hope it's weapons too :p

Aw, my bad. Hopefully I didn't get anyone's hopes up, haha. Been super tired today.

If I had to guess, it will just outline lightly what to expect as PAX leaving us wanting more. But, maybe if we are lucky it will have some new content to hold us over til then.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I hope Halo 4 can spawn some epic machinimas...

Looking back at some series, I wonder what Bungie was thinking with no weapon lowering over Live.

They were thinking that the network support required to do that is crazy out of scale with the number of people needing that function. Talented people spent LOTS of time making it function over Local to support a nascent community. I think what they did was awesome. That's what I think. Resources and time are finite things.

Conor 419

Banned
goddamn guys ....sooo long til season 3. :/ they should make 2 season backtoback and give them a year off.

I hope the success of season 1 and 2 means that some of the later seasons get more episodes. I mean, I feel they need to pad it out, because at this rate they'll catch up with the books, and then what?

senador

Banned
They were thinking that the network support required to do that is crazy out of scale with the number of people needing that function. Talented people spent LOTS of time making it function over Local to support a nascent community. I think what they did was awesome. That's what I think. Resources and time are finite things.

No weapon lowering over Live in Halo 4. :p

Reach maps bad due to limited resources because they were focused on making weapon lowering work over local network. :p

I hate Temple so much.

yesletthehateflowthroughyou.gif

..Yeah it's awful.

--------------------------------------------------

Couple comments about Reach and H4 from a few games I just played:
-Assist sprees are a very cool addition, hopefully you can actually get assists in Halo 4 so that assist sprees are actually common if you are putting shots on people.
-Unless the snuck them in recently, incremental assists based on how much damage you did to a player isn't in the game. That's a real shame.

FyreWulff

I should go in and change the name string to "Frankie's Death-hole and Ramp Carnival"

No, that's the Cragmire remake for Halo 4, "Super Cragmire".

random tangent: Initially I just named Cragmire "Crag", but I thought it would be blocked because of the Nick game show, so I just went for the name pun on Quagmire (not the Family Guy character, damnit)

;)

I guess you could say he wasn't an agent of this craft that at one point was likely drawn on... paper.

Imma checkin yo game histories

Did noscoping option make it into game settings?

Did you finally get a ranking system figured out?

Can you give us a codename of any of the maps?

Can we choose host in custom games?

Does something show who has host in game like Reach's reticule?

Do blackscreens still reset every weapon on the map?

Will we have weekly playlists again? Will Instagib make it in?

I hope the success of season 1 and 2 means that some of the later seasons get more episodes. I mean, I feel they need to pad it out, because at this rate they'll catch up with the books, and then what?

See this post.

There won't be more than 10 because they literally don't have enough time to do it. As for catching up, season 3 will be "roughly half" of book 3. The book per season format is not longer a thing, especially because most of books 4 and 5 happen at the same time.

senador

Banned
No, that's the Cragmire remake for Halo 4, "Super Cragmire".

random tangent: Initially I just named Cragmire "Crag", but I thought it would be blocked because of the Nick game show, so I just went for the name pun on Quagmire (not the Family Guy character, damnit)

Giggitty

x6vjkl.jpg

I'm not posting a lot lately, Busy with real life. Get back to my pc today to find out of my long time internet friends has left me the equivalent of a suicide note and has killed himself.

I don't really like to air my negative personal issues out on here but I just felt I should tell people and get it off my chest. It's hit me pretty hard and I'm not sure exactly what I can do about It.

Iv only been here about a year but I really love you guys. :(

willow ve

Waypoint Moderators, show yourselves.

"The stats servers are currently offline"

I'm not posting a lot lately, Busy with real life. Get back to my pc today to find out of my long time internet friends has left me the equivalent of a suicide note and has killed himself.

I don't really like to air my negative personal issues out on here but I just felt I should tell people and get it off my chest. It's hit me pretty hard and I'm not sure exactly what I can do about It.

That really really sucks man. Sorry to hear it.

DeadNames

Banned
I'm getting on. If anyone wants to play 3/Reach/Any other game I have, send me a message at DeadNames

That sucks man... I'm sorry.

That's really unfortunate, man. I'm sorry. :(

Conor 419

Banned

I'm very sorry to hear that Stalker. One of my best friends committed suicide just over a year ago, his mind wasn't in the right place. It'll take a long time to get used to, but never forget that you were obviously very important to him and that he would have been thankful for all of the good times you had together. I can't really suggest what you can do, but If his parents were close to him, then they'll greatly appreciate any support you send their way, as I'm sure they will have been very hard hit too.

Halo Gaf loves you as well.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is anybody seriously considering going to Dallas? Plane tickets at $255 at the moment via Spirit (heard they are horrible). May be looking to bunk up.

I'm going. I don't wanna room with you though if you're gonna have Halo nerd groupies banging on our door every night.

There's not really much you can say to something horrible like that...

Sorry, man.

Here for ya, brother.

I've had a very fortunate life so far. My parents are great, and THEIR parents are alive and well, too, even at 90 years of age. I have a great family, and great friends who I look after and have my back for whatever, whenever. For the longest time I didn't know what the pain of a loved one felt like.

Until a very good friend of mine killed himself, and I found out through a text message of all things.

I was just kinda numb for awhile. I didn't feel like talking to anyone, I didn't feel like getting out of bed in the morning, I didn't feel like feeling anymore. i kept asking myself a thousand different questions about how things could have played out differently, or how the fuck I couldn't see how scared or hurt he was, or maybe maybe maybe. For the first time in my life, I realized how fragile life really was. How temporary it all is, and how everything you love will eventually, inevitably die.

And in a weird kind of way, that's exactly the kind of realization I needed to get out of my funk. Because life is worth living. It's the greatest gift in the world. And it doesn't last forever, so I couldn't spent forever feeling shitty about it. I had to realize that whatever happened was in no way my fault, so I can't keep feeling guilty about it, either. For better or worse, the world keeps spinning, life keeps going, and I had to find a way to keep going, too. The pain, the depression, the hurt and the heartache, like everything else in life...this too shall pass.

tl;dr: I know dat feel, bro. It gets better.

m23

I am pretty disappointed at no live panel. I mean maybe I shouldn't have even expected it to be live. Hopefully the delay isn't shit and stuff doesn't get censored like at Comic Con. I don't want to be waiting a week to watch the panel, that would suck....big time.
Twitch is streaming stuff for free apparently, so why can't they live stream it?

On the bright side, I scored Assassins Creed 3 for free at Fan Expo :)

kylej

Banned
In the newer builds of the game, are the gamertags in the matchmaking lobby still placed vertically so you have to tilt your head to read them for no reason other than the artists think they're Michelangelo?

Top Bottom