• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

I am glad 343 took the 2-Disc H3: ODST Approach. Expecting LOADS of Content for high replayability! Can Part 2, TTW & FUD, and Halo 4 get here now? :)

Also Happy Birthday Plywood!!! :D

Hope MLG incorporates this launch version of CTF into their playlist so I can watch the rage. Simply as a joke of course.

Can anyone imagine playing MLG CTF on the Pit and not being able to drop the flag, but you get a pistol in your right hand? Holy shit.

I'm guessing the MLG Nov. 2-4 Dallas event is Slayer only?

Why would you imagine Halo 3 MLG CTF on a Halo 3 map, The Pit for Halo 4?

Clearly very different games.

That's seriously one of the stupidest complaints ever. Every other shooter has the text notification of XP and no one complains about it there. Not only that, but in the middle of gamepaly, it's un-noticable, even in a game like Battlefield 3 where DICE is face fucking you with it every second.

We both know that's not true.

I play BF3 and the constant notifications are horrible and a complete distraction. Sure, I enjoy the game still, but does that mean I wouldn't like to at least have an option to remove some of the clutter? No. Why not let players choose what information they deem important? You may believe it's a stupid complaint, but there are those who would rather have the most minimalist HUD.

You missed the point. :/

Not really, it's a scenario that isn't applicable to Halo 4, so that comparison does nothing.
Imagine playing Halo 3 CTF maps right now with the current Halo 4 CTF settings.

That is my point, I wouldn't because those are not Halo 4 maps, and we haven't seen a map in Halo 4 yet similar to something like The Pit, and that's not unintentional. Different maps work for different games.

I have something to say about why I think the new CTF changes may work as well as how those changes might not work.

I'll do write-up or something.

senador

Banned
I enjoyed the bulletin, I understand they are busy, and I've come to terms with the new CTF mode (kinda, maybe, well I dunno), but I really really wish they'd just go a little more in depth on it and other things instead of just always telling us to trust them "we have our reasons." I get it, and I'm in support of your new game, but its getting old. Humor us. Share some of those reasons, not for sake of argument, but for enlightenment.

I enjoyed the bulletin, I understand they are busy, and I've come to terms with the new CTF mode (kinda), but I really really wish they'd just go a little more in depth on it and other things instead of just always telling us to trust them "we have our reasons." I get it, and I'm in support of your new game, but its getting old. Humor us.

Nope sorry not enough space on the disc to humor you |: ._. :|

You need at least 8 gigs of space and a gold account for them to humor you.

d7TBk.gif

Caja 117

Hope MLG incorporates this launch version of CTF into their playlist so I can watch the rage. Simply as a joke of course.

Can anyone imagine playing MLG CTF on the Pit and not being able to drop the flag, but you get a pistol in your right hand? Holy shit.

I'm guessing the MLG Nov. 2-4 Dallas event is Slayer only?

I can imagine it, if your team take out 3 players from the other team and flag is already in greenbox, thats a cap.

How CTF is in Halo 4, It would only require a different strategy and a more tight team work. Most of the time, Either in Reach or in Halo 3, if you pull the flag at the wrong time the flag carrier gets killed either way.

Not been able to drop the flag isn't a big deal as long as the speed of the spartan holding the flag isn't slower than other Spartans. A bigger problem in a CTF game is sprint.

I think my biggest issue with the new CTF mode is not the pistol, or the fact you cannot drop the flag- rather the fact it is auto-pickup. I just foresee protecting the flag career, he gets shot down and you auto pickup the flag in a gun fight. If the fight was at DMR range you are screwed.. or what if you have your teams power weapon, such as a rocket? If one thing gets changed post launch I will bet it will be auto-pickup. I see why they did it, but I think its a bad idea.

Thank you so much for keeping on top of these videos, its a pain to find new stuff otherwise.. Hm. I wonder if any decent new Spartan Ops videos came out of PAX.

Slaker117

I think my biggest issue with the new CTF mode is not the pistol, or the fact you cannot drop the flag- rather the fact it is auto-pickup. I just foresee protecting the flag career, he gets shot down and you auto pickup the flag in a gun fight. If the fight was at DMR range you are screwed.. or what if you have your teams power weapon, such as a rocket? If one thing gets changed post launch I will bet it will be auto-pickup. I see why they did it, but I think its a bad idea.

Thank you so much for keeping on top of these videos, its a pain to find new stuff otherwise.. Hm. I wonder if any decent new Spartan Ops videos came out of PAX.

This did happen to me once at PAX. It was fairly annoying. I don't terribly mind the auto-pickup in general, but this is probably the biggest downside I see happening with it.

Caja 117

I think my biggest issue with the new CTF mode is not the pistol, or the fact you cannot drop the flag- rather the fact it is auto-pickup. I just foresee protecting the flag career, he gets shot down and you auto pickup the flag in a gun fight. If the fight was at DMR range you are screwed.. or what if you have your teams power weapon, such as a rocket? If one thing gets changed post launch I will bet it will be auto-pickup. I see why they did it, but I think its a bad idea..

My opinion:

A) They said that you have to be on top of the flag to pick it up, so, I see very little accidental pick ups happening.

B) power weapons, a power weapon holder should not be running a flag regardless if he can or cant drop the flag (unless you are very sure that you will carry he flag to a safe place within your own base)

My opinion:

A) They said that you have to be on top of the flag to pick it up, so, I see very little accidental pick ups happening.

B) power weapons, a power weapon holder should not be running a flag regardless if he can or cant drop the flag (unless you are very sure that you will carry he flag to a safe place within your own base)

Morning captain of team SLRP

senador

Banned
So, 9 AAs. I can't seem to think of what the last one is. I have:

1. Active Camo
  2. Promethean Vision
  3. Jet Pack
  4. Thruster Pack
  5. Sentry Turret
  6. Hologram
  7. Regen Field
  8. Hardlight Shield
  9. ???

What's the other one?

Caja 117

Morning captain of team SLRP

Actually I said i don't like the new CTF you can dig up my post to see, but I also think that some of the reasons people are not liking the change are not the actual problem.

For me the main problem of not drooping the flag is that a flag carrier cant help team shoot or defend himself effectively, and with sprint in the mix, Flag caps are going to be more problematic because in a 4 v 4 is going to be actually a 3 v 4 trough the flag run, and those 4 players will constantly swarm the opposing base.

EDIT: I didnt saw this part of the bulletin: " However, a huge advantage to the Magnum is forcing enemies to stop sprinting " that helps a lot.

Slaker117

So, 9 AAs. I can't seem to think of what the last one is. I have:

1. Active Camo
  2. Promethean Vision
  3. Jet Pack
  4. Thruster Pack
  5. Sentry Turret
  6. Hologram
  7. Regen Field
  8. Hardlight Shield
  9. ???

What's the other one?

None. Not joking, that was a selectable option on the PAX build.

senador

Banned
^^^ I hate troll/rage/me gusta faces so much.

I don't think so. There was clearly a none option for AA and both armor mods.

I mean the "9/9 Unlocked" if there are only 8. That'd be a UI bug right? That'd imply to me they are counting the "None" in that and should be excluding it.

I mean the "9/9 Unlocked" if there are only 8. That'd be a UI bug right? That'd imply to me they are counting the "None" in that and should be excluding it.

Oh, right.

Uh, maybe. I'd initially think so, but maybe is says 9 because there is 9 selections you can make, although I'd rather it say 8 because that's how many AA's there are.

nillapuddin

As the keeper of lists, I assure you guys

"none" counts as an option in this build, adding to the total number.

8 aa's

(id c/p my typical list but I'm on mobile)

As the keeper of lists, I assure you guys

"none" counts as an option in this build, adding to the total number.

8 aa's

(id c/p my typical list but I'm on mobile)

We know that, we were just discussing if it should state 9 because there is 9 possible selections or 8 because there is 8 AA's.

Slaker117

I don't understand the whole "None" thing. Do you get a credits bonus or something from not using AAs?

I think it's probably easier to support it than not, so it's in. My guess is they wanted to have game options that allowed you turn off extra stuff like AAs and armor mods, so they built that into the loadout customization framework rather than build around it.

senador

Banned
Oh, right.

Uh, maybe. I'd initially think so, but maybe is says 9 because there is 9 selections you can make, although I'd rather it say 8 because that's how many AA's there are.

Same. Plus the word "unlocked" implies you can do just that. Its misleading either way especially when its on the screen before you make the selection.

raindoc

Ok, let's say there really isn't enough space left to include just one additional armor set... Why cut the Mark V and not one of the new designs? I don' get it...

Any chance 343I can create armor-DLC for/add new armor to H4 and make the "Ver" a Waypoint unlock, for example?

Slaker117

I love the Mark V and would wear it in a heartbeat if given the option, but yeah. Not worth this much attention. There are plenty of bigger concerns to address.

Top Bottom