• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

I somewhat want the briefing packet. I can get the season pass separately and I could care less about exclusive in-game armor and avatar armor.

Looks like I'm switching to the standard edition.

EDIT: I wish there was an unboxing video and someone explaining every detail :/
You should wish to find a store to pre-order the LE. You cannot do it anymore at Amazon.com.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You should wish to find a store to pre-order the LE. You cannot do it anymore at Amazon.com.

Holy shit, you're right. It's that way here in the U.S too.

I bet that changes. There's no way THIS is actually "limited" but Halo 3, and Reach "legendary" were not. That would be some fucked up shit.

So, it looks like Square Enix will be doing a Commander Palmer figure as well as a Spartan Soldier:

mU2N4.jpg

JRQIu.jpg

Between these and the potential ThreeA figures plus Sideshow I think we may get some great stuff.

I bet that changes. There's no way THIS is actually "limited" but Halo 3, and Reach "legendary" were not. That would be some fucked up shit.
Why? Fans were upset paying $150 for a edition, you could get for the half three months later. Maybe they learnt.

So, it looks like Square Enix will be doing a Commander Palmer figure as well as a Spartan Soldier:

mU2N4.jpg

JRQIu.jpg

Between these and the potential ThreeA figures plus Sideshow I think we may get some great stuff.
Okay. The Halo 4 series will be mine.

feel

Oh wow, just realized Wahrer was fucking a dude.
People get too worked up about technicalities like that. Good for Wahrer just not giving a fuck and embrassing pleasure no matter who's providing. That being said this was not appropiate discussion to bring to Halogaf.

Woorloog

Banned
I somewhat want the briefing packet. I can get the season pass separately and I could care less about exclusive in-game armor and avatar armor.

Looks like I'm switching to the standard edition.

EDIT: I wish there was an unboxing video and someone explaining every detail :/

Well, it sounds like the DLC should determine which edition you should get. If you're sure you're going to get, the LE costs only a bit more than the standard plus WGMP.

I know i could live without the helmets (despite liking Scanner, the game has enough cool helmets for me, despite being pissed of at how things are handled) but i'm very careful about getting DLC before knowing about it, Battlefield 3 taught me that.

Hmm. The LE being sold out though... kinda like the idea of having something rare. I could always sell the LE code(s), or trade them for something.
Ah, crap. Now i don't know what to do.

Wonder if there will be a midnight launch at Gamestop for Halo 4 here in Finland.

malfcn

Halo, ya'll

Also, just cancelled that LE pre-order. It's amazing how every single new detail revealed about it made it sound less and less appealing. "Specializations on launch day! Oh, but you need max rank anyway, lulz" "Recruit armor! Actually, it's just a skin, everybody gets the Recruit" "LE Season Pass! Just without any of the benefits the non-LE Season Pass people get"

I think I'm just gonna stick with the regular version and just wait and see if anybody is even playing the DLC a month after it comes out.

Someone could make a Yo Dawg meme of it: Yo dawg I made this LE that has the same and less content that every other Joe is getting.

Unless I see something great in the LE..which I haven't it'll be plain for me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Surprise! A limited edition thing is actually limited for once!

I really, really doubt it. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Why? Fans were upset paying $150 for a edition, you could get for the half three months later. Maybe they learnt.

Or 2 other things are occurring. A "fake" shortage to drive up demand when it becomes available again, or a temporary "shortage" that will go away shortly.

Fuchsdh

from reddit

wx7vZ.jpg

Can someone clear up the Specializations for me, there are 6 with LE. So I get them a tad early? If so any idea on how long yet?

For everyone else, you have to start with the Pioneer or Wetworks specializations, unlock those, and then the rest are gradually opened up. LE chaps get to pick whichever specialization they want to unlock first. You've still got to level up to the appropriate rank to unlock the specializations like everyone else, you just get a greater choice.

For everyone else, you have to start with the Pioneer or Wetworks specializations, unlock those, and then the rest are gradually opened up. LE chaps get to pick whichever specialization they want to unlock first. You've still got to level up to the appropriate rank to unlock the specializations like everyone else, you just get a greater choice.
LE people should use the one that gives more Exp so they can unlock more before other people.

Even if you unlock the Pioneer and Wetworks specialization, you cannot access any of the other 6 if you dont have the LE.

Which is mind boggling.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Even if you unlock the Pioneer and Wetworks specialization, you cannot access any of the other 6 if you dont have the LE.

Which is mind boggling

Right they get rolled out by 343 over time. Which I think is pretty cool. It will change the meta game.

edit: I should note that I am 100% getting a LE.

Right they get rolled out by 343 over time. Which I think is pretty cool. It will change the meta game.

edit: I should note that I am 100% getting a LE.

If I get the standard edition, im pretty much not only missing out on those specializations for the time period they are exclusive, but because I imagine they take a while to unlock... I will have a mountain to climb in comparison to other people.

It would be like being rank locked at Warrant Officer Grade 3 if you didnt buy the Legendary Edition of Reach. All the people that did buy the Legendary would fly past me and then have a much smoother rate of unlocking things and ranking up compared to me when I finally got past the rank lock.

Seems stupid.

Not sure if im explaining what I mean properly.

The meta game thing doesnt sound fun to me... but luckily it seems flawed anyway, it seems like once 343 presses the button that lets everyone have access to the perks... that they can choose which one they want? If they are selectivly unlocking perks at a time it will be bullshit if the perk that compliments my playstyle is unlocked last, but someone who paid more than me could have it very early on.

^damn you alien for taking my Wahrer <3 spotlight!

Wahrer, you are now officially my favorite person on here lmfao - You take a situation, make it awkward, see it become even more awkward to people and how do you handle it to make it better?

Make it more awkward.

Tashi

If I get the standard edition, im pretty much not only missing out on those specializations for the time period they are exclusive, but because I imagine they take a while to unlock... I will have a mountain to climb in comparison to other people.

It would be like being rank locked at Warrant Officer Grade 3 if you didnt buy the Legendary Edition of Reach. All the people that did buy the Legendary would fly past me and then have a much smoother rate of unlocking things and ranking up compared to me when I finally got past the rank lock.

Seems stupid.

Not sure if im explaining what I mean properly.

The meta game thing doesnt sound fun to me... but luckily it seems flawed anyway, it seems like once 343 presses the button that lets everyone have access to the perks... that they can choose which one they want? If they are selectivly unlocking perks at a time it will be bullshit if the perk that compliments my playstyle is unlocked last, but someone who paid more than me could have it very early on.

Well not really. I would imagine that by the time the specializations start getting rolled out, a good amount of people will have reached max rank. And once you hit max rank, you're ready to enlist in a specialization. To get the mod, you would just need 10 more ranks for each specialization. Meaning that most hardcore fans will get the specializations shortly after they're unlocked for the standard edition buyers.

Right, that would suck. However, on second thought, I don't know how much the meta game will change because from what I understand these tactical and support mods are just little flavors and don't effect the grand scheme of matches anyway. So, I could be wrong about the whole meta game changing thing.

Gui_PT

^damn you alien for taking my Wahrer <3!

Wahrer, you are now officially my favorite person on here lmfao

You take a situation, make it awkward, see it become even more awkward to people and how do you handle it to make it better?

Make it more awkward.

It has to Reach a point where it stops being awkward.

Well not really. I would imagine that by the time the specializations start getting rolled out, a good amount of people will have reached max rank. And once you hit max rank, you're ready to enlist in a specialization. To get the mod, you would just need 10 more ranks for each specialization. Meaning that most hardcore fans will get the specializations shortly after they're unlocked for the standard edition buyers.

Right, that would suck. However, on second thought, I don't know how much the meta game will change because from what I understand these tactical and support mods are just little flavors and don't effect the grand scheme of matches anyway. So, I could be wrong about the whole meta game changing thing.

Yeah I guess it depends whats unlocked via specialization and whats just generally always there. Im assuming that information is already out?

I think things like faster shield recharge and faster animations (dexterity) are specializations? They would be pretty game changing and it would suck if I get my ass kicked because all I have is waterworks or the one that makes you rank up faster (would be pointless if I cant unlock stuff anyway)

As for your first paragraph - I imagine a LOT of players would put in the work in the first 3-5 months the game is out. By then the LTD edition owners could potentially have 3-5 specializations down. Would suck if im just getting started on that ladder after 5 months when most likely I will play less anyway.

I mean, within the first 5 months, if all I can use is waterworks - and people have stuff like Dexterity/ faster shield recharge, and even after 343 presses the button its going to be another month before I have enough exp to get that stuff - its going to suck.

Not explaining myself well... I know.

Tashi

Yeah I guess it depends whats unlocked via specialization and whats just generally always there. Im assuming that information is already out?

I think things like faster shield recharge and faster animations (dexterity) are specializations? They would be pretty game changing and it would suck if I get my ass kicked because all I have is WaterWorks or the one that makes you rank up faster (would be pointless if I cant unlock stuff anyway)

Yea they were detailed a while ago. Each rank in the specialization gives you visual upgrades (Symbol, Armor, skins) and then the final one is the support or tactical mod.

I think dexterity (faster reload) and shielding (faster shield recharge) are available off the start. As in, they're not specializations.

Yea they were detailed a while ago. Each rank in the specialization gives you visual upgrades (Symbol, Armor, skins) and then the final one is the support or tactical mod.

I think dexterity (faster reload) and shielding (faster shield recharge) are available off the start. As in, they're not specializations.

But dont you still have to unlock them? or will they be immediately available?

Ah ok, just googled and found this:

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Specializations

Which is a pretty good summary.

See the problem is, for the most part they suck, but then you get something like:

The Nemesis armor mod allows users to target and track down previous attacking enemies, highlighting them on the armor’s passive sensors.

This armor mod is unlocked by progressing through the Stalker Specialization.

Which seems to be op'd compared to the rest of them. In game it might not be as strong as it sounds, but is it right that the LE owners get to unlock that as they're first specialization and have that advantage over the standard edition owners?

Tashi

Ah ok, just googled and found this:

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Specializations

Which is a pretty good summary.

See the problem is, for the most part they suck, but then you get something like:

Which seems to be op'd compared to the rest of them. In game it might not be as strong as it sounds, but is it right that the LE owners get to unlock that as they're first specialization and have that advantage over the standard edition owners?

Right that one does seem a little wonky to me. Again, we'll just have to wait and see.

I remember everybody freakin' out about the wallhack perk, but aint nobody using that scrub-ass perk 'cept for Elzar or Oddone, maybe.

Hard Light Shield(or Thruster)/Shielding/Dexterity all day

it rewards those who play a whole lot.

Potentially punishes people who buy the standard edition but play a lot early on then level out to a more normal amount of play later.

I remember everybody freakin' out about the wallhack perk, but aint nobody using that scrub-ass perk 'cept for Elzar or Oddone, maybe.

Hard Light Shield(or Thruster)/Shielding/Dexterity all day

You mean Promethean vision?

That AA still seems damn powerful to me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The only AA/perk I'm 100% positive about is dexterity. It's useful in ALL situations, unless you're derping around with a turret.

The only AA/perk I'm 100% positive about is dexterity. It's useful in ALL situations, unless you're derping around with a turret.

Anything that gets me back into the battle faster is good in my book. I can reload faster, swap weapons out quicker and with Shielding my shields don't take as long to recharge.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

They are starting to sell out. Remember, when we stated that the Legendary helmet was genuinely limited and in danger of selling out,that was literally true. Preorders were through the roof. What we didn't know - and I mean me and Sketch, was that they doubled the manufacture at the last minute, unbeknownst to us. It made a liar of me so I am being careful this time around. Preorders are very strong. Lets put it that way. At this time there are no plans to make extra LEs.

Top Bottom