• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Happy birthday. Three years old today.

X2nOX.jpg

Karl2177

Happy birthday. Three years old today.

http://i.imgur.com/X2nOX.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
This is gonna sound weird, but it feels like 3 years ago it was released. It doesn't feel like 5 years ago Halo 3 was released or even 2 years ago Reach was released.

In other OT news, I can't be a club DJ or the like(not that I wanted to be). I have too much pride to let an awful transition get applause and screams from people who are just excited to hear the next song.

IHaveIce

Banned
back from a really weird party.. read 4 pages of Halogaf, read Wahrer's post... ok maybe I just have to go to bed, this night can't get any weirder

That was the most alive I've ever seen that student section. Really came out to show Missouri how Southerners play football.

Anyway, HalOHMYGODWHATISGOINGONINTHISTHREAD

Yeah all they did was remove the ability to drop it, they certainly didn't make it so it gave you a magnum when you pick it up or anything.

An easier way to think about it is: take a magnum weapon and added a flag to it's third and first person viewmodels. You could do the same thing with some work in Halo: Custom Edition. Would you expect an option to be able to drop any of your normal weapons in Halo at will? Same thing. They wanted their vision for CTF, and making it so a weapon's core functionality changes based on settings in the lobby is a notable undertaking to make sure they work correctly. Look at the flag options in Halo 3 that were broken: the option to let flag drivers drive with the flag didn't actually work, it always made you drop the flag when you got in the seat. It was an out of band custom option that unfortunately was left broken due to more important priorities focused on the mainline experience. I think 343 would rather everything that comes with the game works.

Look, it's as simple as this: They made the conscious decision to remove/not add in the ability to drop the flag, even from custom games. It's really as simple as that. That decision was obviously made long ago..

Let me take two scenarios of what I think you're saying, both resulting in the same thing anyway:

Scenario 1 - They develop the flag properties from scratch and treat it like a weapon. --> This was without a doubt done a long time ago, so why at the same time didn't they make it so you could drop it?

Scenario 2 - They take the old flag properties and instead of building it from scratch they just change the code so it behaves more like a weapon. --> Again, the same thing.. They definitely had more than enough time to "add" (or in this case just KEEP) in the ability to drop the flag without it breaking the game.

If you still don't understand what I'm trying to say then let's take this to a PM.

-EDIT-

ODST has such a great OST.. used to listen to that shit all the time :]

Seance

Banned
Uhhh reminds me, I still need 2 of the 200,000 point firefight achievements for completion. Might try and do it solo unless an kiwi/ausGAF are willing?

ODST <3

pB3Os.jpg

Im really hoping that at least Buck will show up in Halo 4 or Spartan Ops.. Given his ties to ONI I could really see him being on the UNSC Infinity.

blamite

ODST <3

pB3Os.jpg

Im really hoping that at least Buck will show up in Halo 4 or Spartan Ops.. Given his ties to ONI I could really see him being on the UNSC Infinity.

Man, ODST was so good. I was planning on playing it during my 1-3 run in November but I guess I might have to bump that up a bit.

If Buck doesn't show up as a Spartan IV at some point I'll be super disappointed.
"Truly, if he was any better he’d be a Spartan."

feel

Right before Halo 4 hits, I'm planning to play through Halo 3 to get my eyes adjusted to 30fps so that I can enjoy the visuals on H4 like you all will and to get more into the Halo/MC/Cortana story mood. Will try to squeeze in ODST too if I have the time.

Back in the day I would've done a complete series playthrough, but that has lead multiple times (mostly in other franchises) to me getting a bit burned out on the franchise by the time I play the new game.

So, I wonder if all the Ranger variants of Covenant will have Jetpacks..

xKpf7.jpg

kmiW8.jpg

NLjJw.jpg

Cause if so, flying grunts and jackals will be awesome.

Man, ODST was so good. I was planning on playing it during my 1-3 run in November but I guess I might have to bump that up a bit.

If Buck doesn't show up as a Spartan IV at some point I'll be super disappointed.
"Truly, if he was any better he’d be a Spartan."

Yup, he seems to be the perfect fit for the program.. Still, I would be happy if he shows up as an ODST still. Speaking of ODSTs, I hope their armor looks good in this game..I was not find of the Reach look at all.

And speaking of ODST armor, its a shame Halo 4 doesn't have a set of it, it would have been perfect.

malfcn

Now I am kicking myself for not getting Anni for $12 from Gamefly. I want to do a 1-3 Run. Also, I do not know why ODST get so much shit. I thought the atmosphere and everything was pretty great.

I actually just started a Halo 2 play through, so far so good. Level design varies from great to so-so but the game really does a lot of cool things.. And the story, so good.

ODST was awesome, I don't give a damn what anyone says. Best Firefight, Best OST, Best actual "oh shit we're being invaded" feeling, Best Banshee, great atmosphere, great pistol, great cast.

After reading the last few pages I'd like to apologize to all the Dax threads for calling them weird.

Regarding the LE: I've been considering cancelling it for almost a week now, but like a sucker I'm not going to. Yay for marketing departments.

JackHerer

So I decided to play some H3 because I'm sick of Reach. Damn the netcode is bad. My first game had unplayable lag with people disappearing, dying randomly and everyone eventually quit/lagged out. Halo 4 I need you.

Sai-kun

Banned
In other OT news, I can't be a club DJ or the like(not that I wanted to be). I have too much pride to let an awful transition get applause and screams from people who are just excited to hear the next song.

Bad transitions happen, but always listening for them has kind of ruined my experience at clubs/bars because I pay more attention to the transitions than I do that music, haha.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
After reading the last few pages I'd like to apologize to all the Dax threads for calling them weird.

Regarding the LE: I've been considering cancelling it for almost a week now, but like a sucker I'm not going to. Yay for marketing departments.

Mrburnsexcellent.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami

I know, I can't not buy it either. I have like 0 willpower, lol.

edit: Dammit Frank.

wwm0nkey

Whatever groups is, it needs to be revealed now. We are almost only a month away from launch and its something I would very much like to know about but not as big of a reveal as a map....or maybe it is?

I'll probably scratch the line of code which puts white middle text on my HUD once I get hands on my H4 disc.

Is there any reason why it's there apart from "COD/BF has it"?

Blueblur1

If it wasn't weird to have a video game picture on your facebook this would totally be my cover photo
The last thing you should care about is what other people think. Especially when considering something as simple and pointless as a Facebook cover photo. Don't be ashamed of your hobby.

Talents

Banned
That's probably the best picture ever taken of me, this is one that I just picked out from me being tagged.
murderpicture.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
I'm the one on the right. I look like I was gonna murder someone. And tbh that is probably a decent picture. Although it was when I had longer hair, and I spiked it up...

Top Bottom