• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Woorloog

Banned
Tangent. I'm starting the bulk of the Halo 4 OT work in the next few weeks. And the part I'm dreading the most is rounding up all the pre-order stuff. I might just plain skip that part; there's just too damn much of it.

I can see the pre-order section in my mind already:

Pre-order stuff
Yup.

What there is already?
Skins, emblems, early specializations, a BR skin, avatar armor?

EDIT duh, beaten by Ken.

I will be absolutely PISSED if LOCUS is a retailer-exclusive. If I'm not mistaken, it's not even a US retailer. WTF. So far it's my favorite helmet. =/

Frankie or David clarification?

Actually you can get it in Gameplanet

EDIT: Strange, they suddenly changed the Locust Helmet for the Deadeye Skin

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
What grinds my gears is the fact that power up rewards members are getting extra shiz.
I don't care if they're just emblems, that's stupid.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Those of you freaking out about exclusives need to re-read the bottom of the last bulletin.

Which apparently has been removed from Waypoint....

Anything happening? As far as what? I'd like to record some HaloGAF Radio and go out for some drinks with who ever will join me.

Maybe if you're
un
fortunate we'll bump into each other.. if I go that is ;]

easiest decision ever.

SPARTAN_-_Mark_V_Helmet.jpg

I second this.
and third and fourth and forever this.

v lol - Mk.V page dump!

easiest decision ever.

SPARTAN_-_Mark_V_Helmet.jpg
So good. Such a shame that isn't in the game.. hell, I was hoping for some of the early MC prototype designs to make the game as well. Or Halo Wars. Or FUD. Ah well.

I'm still confused. So is there any way I can get both the Recruit armor and the other two helmets (Scanner and the whatever) on launch day without buying an LE copy and the Map Pass off XBL?

Well its just the Recruit Skin...but no. I really don't understand how MS/343 thinks this BS is justifiable and I wish they would have set their foot down before things got this complicated and fans started getting screwed over.

Tawpgun

Anything happening? As far as what? I'd like to record some HaloGAF Radio and go out for some drinks with who ever will join me.

I'd stay for HaloGAF Radio. I'd go out also but... under 21 here... I still say you should abide by the drinking age of whatever country you were born in.

nillapuddin

Those of you freaking out about exclusives need to re-read the bottom of the last bulletin.

Which apparently has been removed from Waypoint....

Did it say something about there being a possibility of getting them later on?

http://halo.bungie.org/halobulletins/67

Completionists worrying about the fact that exclusives mean certain items may never be available to them have been noted, and we're definitely considering ways to make the entire gamut of items available at some point in the (relatively distant, since we obviously wish to give our retail partners plenty of room) future.

edit: bulletin gone from waypoint, very weird

edit2: fucking waypoint

"Sorry, we encountered a problem while processing your request.
Trace ID: 3c64a739-68cb-48cf-b335-51a0b188c212
Error ID: Unknown"

feel

What has two thumbs and a new shirt to wear to NYCC?

This nerd:
ex5uq.png
What a dashing mothertrucker.

at least the human eye can see the mark V helmet...

HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT SEE 60 FPS
Was about to be less than polite to you, pre-edit.

30 fps is like someone going through powerpoint slides really fast.

Halo 4 on pc Frankie please, I barely can stand any kind of below 120fps peasentry!!! 30fps is just eye torture.

What grinds my gears is the fact that power up rewards members are getting extra shiz.
I don't care if they're just emblems, that's stupid.
They always told me this Power Up card would pay for itself!

The last pre order vote will be between visible numerical ranking system designed by Juices and YouTube streaming

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/19/The-Halo-Bulletin-91912-.aspx these things happen to get hidden. Sorry I'm on mobile

No worries though, Nilla got this.

Thanks, here's the quote BTW.

Edit: Which Nilla posted too, lol.

Completionists worrying about the fact that exclusives mean certain items may never be available to them have been noted, and we’re definitely considering ways to make the entire gamut of items available at some point in the (relatively distant, since we obviously wish to give our retail partners plenty of room) future.

TCKaos

This is awesome. Now I don't have to fly to Australia.

You don't have to fly to Canada.

Halo 4 Limited Edition Console (399.99)
Halo 4 Limited Edition Game (99.99)
Halo 4 War Games Pass (25.00)
Halo 4 from Microsoft Store (59.99)
Halo 4 from Gamestop (59.99)
Halo 4 from Best Buy (59.99)
Halo 4 from Amazon (59.99)
Halo 4 from Walmart (59.99)
Halo 4 from Mighty Ape (72.71)
Halo 4 from Play.com (64.78)
Halo 4 from EB Canada (61.21)

$61.21 down, $902.43 to go.

I think I've broken it down once, but here it is again. You need:

Halo 4 Limited Edition Console (399.99)
Halo 4 Limited Edition Game (99.99)
Halo 4 War Games Pass (25.00)
Halo 4 from Microsoft Store (59.99)
Halo 4 from Gamestop (59.99)
Halo 4 from Best Buy (59.99)
Halo 4 from Amazon (59.99)
Halo 4 from Walmart (59.99)
Halo 4 from Mighty Ape (72.71)
Halo 4 from Play.com (64.78)
Halo 4 from EB Canada (61.21)

All products unavailable in America have had their prices approximately converted to USD.

Assuming that the Limited Edition nets you one of the pre-order bonuses from the MS store, Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon or Walmart, you're going to have to spend roughly $963.64 before shipping or taxes.
I'm already getting the LE from newegg.com for $87.99, and I'm getting the console from Amazon for $369.99 (Amazon Rewards card deal). I'll be selling my black slim console, and one of the console bundle controllers (which are exclusive to the bundle, so it should net a decent amount) and the standard copy of Halo 4 that comes with the console bundle, and the war games pass code (which I'll buy with the rewards points from the console bundle purchase). All other preorders will be returned after code redemption for full refund. No tax. Free shipping.

GhaleonEB

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Waypoint error of the day:

Sorry, we encountered a problem while processing your request.
Trace ID: 8da1cd41-68cc-48cf-b14f-37b5160cf81e
Error ID: Unknown​

It's a new one, at least. At this point I click on Waypoint links just to see what will happen.

Some men want to watch the world burn.

I'm already getting the LE from newegg.com for $87.99, and I'm getting the console from Amazon for $369.99 (Amazon Rewards card deal). I'll be selling my black slim console, and one of the console bundle controllers (which are exclusive to the bundle, so it should net a decent amount) and the standard copy of Halo 4 that comes with the console bundle, and the war games pass code (which I'll buy with the rewards points from the console bundle purchase). All other preorders will be returned after code redemption for full refund. No tax. Free shipping.

Why? Why knowing what we all know would you do this?

So much work for digital items.

To the mods overseeing our OT: is there any way I can take kyle's place if it's really a perma? I know that's not really how it works but it was pretty much my fault and I'd be more than willing to do it if it got him back. If it's just two weeks then I apologize.

Vire

To the mods overseeing our OT: is there any way I can take kyle's place if it's really a perma? I know that's not really how it works but it was pretty much my fault and I'd be more than willing to do it if it got him back. If it's just two weeks then I apologize.

Dying for kyle's sins? Noble.

Defect

New zoojoo ^

Fracas

#fuckonami

Had nothing to do with you, it was in an Ann Coulter thread.

New zoojoo ^

How dare you use zoojoo as an insult! And how dare you insult Wahrer!

Let's throw Defect in there instead!

lol Wahrer 4 Pres.

Anyone wanna play Halo 3/Reach Objective? Defect included <3

Stick to the funny posts man, thanks.

<3

Waypoint error of the day:

Sorry, we encountered a problem while processing your request.
Trace ID: 8da1cd41-68cc-48cf-b14f-37b5160cf81e
Error ID: Unknown​

It's a new one, at least. At this point I click on Waypoint links just to see what will happen.

That site doesn't ever work right.. Recently I can't access it at all, and then when I can it is still slow as hell. I really hope Halo 4 gets its own dedicated stats site.. Halo4Infinity.com?

icYIVFtSs9Sjh.gif

replace dollar signs with salt crystals.

EDIT: best gif i could find =/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'd stay for HaloGAF Radio. I'd go out also but... under 21 here... I still say you should abide by the drinking age of whatever country you were born in.

Well I plan on drinking during the show too so you're more than welcome to help yourself to some alcohol at the place.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Maybe, but he's been here longer than me and say what you want, kyle does have intelligent posts when he wants to - that is, he's one of the most constructively critical posters that'll actually justify his reasoning with facts. It's not a big deal now, but if my post had been the one that got him banned then I would have been completely and absolutely willing to volunteer as tribute switch places out of respect.

heckfu

Banned
Maybe, but he's been here longer than me and say what you want, kyle does have intelligent posts when he wants to - that is, he's one of the most constructively critical posters that'll actually justify his reasoning with facts. It's not a big deal now, but if my post had been the one that got him banned then I would have been completely and absolutely willing to volunteer as tribute switch places out of respect.

You somehow made it dumber. And say what I will? Kyle and I are bros. I called it dumb because you are trying to act noble about a damned forum membership.

It's really not a big deal, I just saw your post and laughed about it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Click here for full size:
horizontal(1620*780)
vertical(810*1500)

Thumbnail: Sorry mobileGAF!
Armor_small_horz_zps14336869.jpg

it may be against popular opinion but there a lot of of really nice helmets there (a few laughably bad ones too...). i really dont know which one will be my perm as there must be at least 5 or 6 that are front runners - and that number will likely only increase when you get to actually see them in game and at various different angles.

Omni

Somewhat off topic... Just had my job interview! Normally I don't go too well in interviews, but the girl interviewing was actually kinda cute and that boosted my confidence, somehow. Hopefully I get the job and then I'll be able to get the Halo 4 console as well as the LE (Still have the original white Xbox 360... Starting to play up a bit).

Top Bottom