• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Omni

Halo 2 desperately needs a Anniversary edition.. Some parts of the game are simply stunning looking:

NF0PC.jpg

The game may not be perfect, but my god, if it had a remake on the 360 or 720, possibly using the Halo 4 engine..

Is that on Xbox? It looks amazing on PC.

Was going to take a picture of the same thing you did, but I'm only up to the first Arbiter mission on Legendary. (Got it on highest settings @60FPS too. So much better than console).

Ryan, that's exactly how I felt after the honeymoon phase of Halo 2.. later grew on me though.

lol dmg and Poland, some dude messaged me after I T-bagged him and he started bragging about his sponsor to MLG Dallas :D

I can't wait for Halo 4 to awaken my Halo skills again. Reach is just too funny.

Oh cool, what did the Forerunner turrets look like? Also, where they pretty large? Too bad about Dominion, but thats still awesome you got to play a decent amount of games/maps it seems.
Orb like? Larger than a Watcher, smaller than a Knight.

BTW, I know you didn't play it, but did you get to see what the Spartan Flood looked like, or how they played?
No one played it. The German press knew nothing about the Multiplayer or what's complete new in this build. I had to show them how to change their loadouts, set up the games etc.

To be honest I was the only one who had been surprised by the fact that I was allowed to talk about the map "Complex".

On the other hand, you will read tons of hands on about the new stuff this week. The French are playing it, the British guys will get their time etc.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
lol dmg and Poland, some dude messaged me after I T-bagged him and he started bragging about his sponsor to MLG Dallas :D

I can't wait for Halo 4 to awaken my Halo skills again. Reach is just too funny.

We should all start spamming the hashtag #nojetpack

I'm sick of that shit ruining map flow. I'm also sick of being forced to look up constantly.

<3
Good games tonight.

IHaveIce

Banned

No one played it. The German press knew nothing about the Multiplayer or what's complete new in this build. I had to show them how to change their loadouts, set up the games etc.

To be honest I was the only who had been surprised by the fact that I was talked about the map "Complex".

On the other hand, you will read tons of hands on about the new stuff this week. The French are playing it, the British guys will get their time etc.

Damn. Was Simon there? From Game One? back in Halo 2 he was quite good.

But I'm now even more sad :( Press who is completely ass in this game gets to play it here, I don't.

Will fly tomorrow afternoon to London for Eurogamer.

Solar Flares, Red Giant, Super Nova, Black Holes and space debris like Asteroids or "Rogue" planets are what comes to mind of immediate problems for such mega structures to theorize human achievement in harvesting a Stars discharge being catastrophic.

Creating a colony on different planets, moons, or off world space stations using Solar Power, Dark Matter or other alternative energy resources would be an achievement.

That seems to be the counter argument. There are so many other more feasible options of gathering resources and energy.

Is that on Xbox? It looks amazing on PC.

Was going to take a picture of the same thing you did, but I'm only up to the first Arbiter mission on Legendary. (Got it on highest settings @60FPS too. So much better than console).

Yup, Xbox.. And wow, Halo 2 Vista does look pretty sharp there..be sure to take a pic where I did once you get there! It simply looked stunning, I had snap a pic.

Said it before and I'll gladly say it again.

Halo 2 looks like SHIT compared to Halo CE. Needs HD remake bad.

Some sections of the game? Yup. But not all of them, like the part I posted above.

To be honest I was the only who had been surprised by the fact that I was talked about the map "Complex".

Lol, Hire Hyper?

If you are allowed to say do you know when the press will share the new info?

Overdoziz

Banned
So by pre-ordering the normal Halo 4 edition at Gamemania you get all the pre-order skins, emblems, armor and you get early access to the other 8 specializations? I thought the specialization thing was only for the limited edition?

So by pre-ordering the normal Halo 4 edition at Gamemania you get all the pre-order skins, emblems, armor and you get early access to the other 8 specializations? I thought the specialization thing was only for the limited edition?
Some retailers have it as pre-order bonus too. (Gamestop in US, Game in UK)

Lol, Hire Hyper?

If you are allowed to say do you know when the press will share the new info?
I am under the same embargo as the press. What does it mean? They are allowed to talk about it "post the event". So now, if they want. Am I allowed to talk about the embargo? Am I?

I...what? I never knew this. I always here talk of the Magnum being unreliable but I never quite understood what was meant other than the term felt familiar with my experience using it.
I'm certain that the video was by Nak3d Eli, but it's not on his channel anymore. Regardless, I just tested it myself and it's true. Shoot at a wall in a zero bloom gametype and the DMR hits the same spot every time, the Magnum shots do not.

Halo 2 desperately needs a Anniversary edition.. Some parts of the game are simply stunning looking:

NF0PC.jpg

The game may not be perfect, but my god, if it had a remake on the 360 or 720, possibly using the Halo 4 engine..

Yes, please. My god I would buy the shit out of it. Having the whole trilogy on 360 would be perfect.

Akai__

Happy Halo 3 day! Now if we can just get that HD remake.

;)

Maybe in 2017, when it is the 10th anniversary. :p

---

Happy birthday Halo 3 !!! I think I'll play some Halo 3, to celebrate it. I mean, I celebrated ODST's birthday, by doing the Endure achievment, without even knowing, that it was ODST's birthday.

Ryaaan14

Banned
All these Halo anniversaries are making my penis realize Halo 4 is right around the corner.

Once it gets a bit closer I think I'm gonna conduct an experiment here.

S1kkZ

@Hyper: you mentioned the framerate was smooth, the spartan ops mission aside.
was it "smooth" like reach or anniversary (constant stutter and framedrops) or smooth like halo 3 (almost constant 30 fps)?

Woorloog

Banned
From Kenneth Scott's tweed:
Legometheans.jpg
Awesome!
Always thought Halo would provide interesting Lego builds. I don't know if Halo was ever offered for Lego but if it was, i guess it was turned down due to its military nature. Bullshit of course, since Lego has Star Wars and guns...
Megabloks ain't Legos and they ain't sold here. And i wouldn't buy them anyway, Legos are the only thing where i have brand-loaylty.

Awesome!
Always thought Halo would provide interesting Lego builds. I don't know if Halo was ever offered for Lego but if it was, i guess it was turned down due to its military nature. Bullshit of course, since Lego has Star Wars and guns...
Megabloks ain't Legos and they ain't sold here. And i wouldn't buy them anyway, Legos are the only thing where i have brand-loaylty.
The main audience of Star Wars is between 6-99. Every Halo-Game except for HW got a Mature rating. The audience is not the target audience. The same reason why Firefly got turned down etc. etc. etc.

malfcn

More exclusive stuff: (Or so they say)

halo4_emblems.jpg

PowerUp Rewards Members, pre-order and
receive three exclusive emblems:
A free Xbox LIVE® membership is required to unlock this content. Requires 2MB of storage.

Shit, I was probably going to pre-order from BBY since I could get some $20 credits (and have $80 already in credits), but Gamestop is doing it dirty with these exclusives.

Voted with dong@blainer.com

Woorloog

Banned
The main audience of Star Wars is between 6-99. Every Halo-Game except for HW got a Mature rating. The audience is not the target audience. The same reason why Firefly got turned down etc. etc. etc.

Too high minimum age? Figures.
Firefly got turned down? What? You mean the Cuusoo one?

EDIT "Not appropiate for children beetween ages 6-11". As if Star Wars is. Frigging hypocrisy.

Fuchsdh

Halo 2 looks like some kid took Halo CE and added textures in MS paint. So muddy and horrible looking. I'm sure that'll piss some people off but that's honestly how I feel.

Totally agree. CE felt... shiny. Halo 2's graphic fidelity came at a weird trade-off--not really Bungie's fault, I think, since that was an awkward transition time for the industry, but I just don't like the look of many elements.

That said, the actual visual revisions to the Covenant, etc, were very well done. I really wish they'd kept the simple and sleek arrow look of the Elites in later games (and maybe just touched up some of the rare classes with the visual flair instead of every other rank.)

Awesome!

Yeah. The fact that they are MegaBloks is the single reason I won't buy them. I've got tons of LEGOs (plus the three garbage cans inherited from my cousins way back in the day). I definitely understand why LEGO doesn't do Halo toys (aside from the "Mature" title, it's not like they would want another sci-fi franchise when they've got STAR WARS) but it's still the reason I'll never touch the Halo bloks.

EDIT "Not appropiate for children beetween ages 6-11". As if Star Wars is. Frigging hypocrisy.

Well, Star Wars has a lot less blood, but yeah I'd agree with you that the presentation of violence doesn't seem to me as big a deal as violence in general in these things. Halo is still a remarkably "sanitized" game, which is part of the appeal to me--hell, I'd turn off blood if I could because I don't care about it, and I certainly never want my Spartans realistically blown to bits by rockets and grenades.

willow ve

There are only 32 people playing super slayer right now. Holy cow, no one is on any playlist except btb and team slayer.

That's because I'm at woorrrkkk

UK & Europe are at work, America is sleeping or just waking up.

Also Xbox Live is behaving poorly for a lot of people. (And if you're in the dash beta SURPRISE another console update - I think that makes 9 total download updates so far. And each one does the same old hilarity of download, reboot, download something else, wait, download something else. Why must they tease with these progression bars when they mean nothing).

Also, BF3 DLC is available to all the scrubs who don't have a season pass - aka me

edit

Did anyone ever get an answer about the Halo Season Pass (Sparty Pass, whatever it's called) being available for purchase with MS Points? Is it going to be 2000 points? Or will they charge $25 via card/retail/cash and then charge more points? Need to know - I can only earn so many free MS Points on Bing a month....

Fuck Regret. Fuck that guy.

And generally fuck the entire campaign that is filled with bullshit insta-death.

I'm certain that the video was by Nak3d Eli, but it's not on his channel anymore. Regardless, I just tested it myself and it's true. Shoot at a wall in a zero bloom gametype and the DMR hits the same spot every time, the Magnum shots do not.
RUH ROH

Playing through Halo 2 on Legendary with my brother and we must have played the same checkpoint 100 times at the Regret fight. Anger levels were at an all-time high.

"Why is there all this shit all over the floor? I can't even walk around!"

"Okay, sometimes my sword will drop the Honor Guard's shields, sometimes it won't! Can I have some fucking consistency?"

"This Regret bitch teleports as soon as I jump on him!"

Killed in one shot by Regret.

Killed in one second by dual-wielding Honor Guard.

Clear room, hop on Regret, 3 new Honor Guards spawn and are waiting on the floor to unload on you when you drop down.

And then all of the sudden, we trigger the cutscene, without doing anything spectacular. It was all very anti-climactic.

Fuck Regret. Fuck that guy.

Fotos

Wow I can't believe Halo 3 came out 5 years ago today. After I bought it back in 07 I would have never thought that I would still be playing it after 5 years.

Top Bottom