• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

So, where's the Covenant or sand themed maps? It's a whole lotta forerunner and human stuff so far.

Adrift - Human - Ugly space station theme
Complex - Human - Grassy outdoors with a structure?
Exile - Human - Grassy canyon with some human debris
Longbow - Human - Snowy with human sturctures
Haven - Forerunner - Nothing but Forerunner
Solace - Forerunner - Half nothing but forerunner, half overgrown forerunner?
Ragnarok - Forerunner? - Grassy canyon with Forerunner structures?
Forge World 0.5 - Forerunner - Forge World but smaller

Watch the next Forge environment be Covenant themed showcasing a Midship remake.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/cy2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why's that so adorable lol..

[quote="lybertyboy, post: 42578278"]And a 90 minute Sparkast.[/QUOTE]

[quote="CyReN, post: 42578327"][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FINbMbbCNcU/T6dQCpbk__I/AAAAAAAAAjQ/tibJhoZlY9o/s1600/olive-oh-yeah.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

LMFAO! Emma Stone.. Too good.

wwm0nkey

Ok so lets see what all we got today

-A LOT of new pictures
-Complex reveal
-Flood Mode info
-Valhalla remake
-Kelly/Fred in FUD

and we still have to look forward to

-A massive 6000+ word Bulletin
-New video
-Sparkcast

Great day indeed.

Fotos

-A LOT of new pictures
-Complex reveal
-Flood Mode info
-Valhalla remake
-Kelly/Fred in FUD

-New video
-Sparkcast

Great day indeed.

Amazing day

m23

Really happy to see Valhalla as the remake map, of course some changes will need to be made for halo 4. The mech thing in multiplayer? I was hoping for some forerunner vehicles.

Flood mode sounds good from the looks of it, was never really a fan of infection so maybe this can turn me around.

If we really are able to install disc 2 and play off disc 1......I is happy.

Hyped for bulletin tonight with new video and new sparkast.

I pre-ordered the art book and limited edition guide, too bad I can't look at them until I beat the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Give those kids you're babysitting a bag of gummy worms and a coloring book and get on Borderlands
It's funny, the kid I'm babysitting tonight absolutely loves Halo, but doesn't have a 360. He knows a ton about the games and lore, though.

Also, I wish I had gummy worms.

I find it hard to fathom why everyone is getting so excited about the Sparkast.

After all, we all know Ellis's computer is going to crash and he will lose it all.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Still my birthday... and now its Hyper's birthday tomorrow/today! WHAT WONDERFUL PRESENTS!

*ahem copy of Halo 4 for Barrow, myself and now Hyper please*

Happy Birthday Hyper!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

-A LOT of new pictures
-Complex reveal
-Flood Mode info
-Valhalla remake
-Kelly/Fred in FUD

-New video
-Sparkcast

Great day indeed.
Does anyone have a links to all the news today, by chance?

IHaveIce

Banned
"There shouldn't be any" is subjective and the last part doesn't even make sense.

You're not going to notice it while actually playing. It won't detract you from the game in any fashion, ever. Period.

I know it is from a few pages ago but I have to disagree here, it is not like I didn't play any games with text in the middle, actually I played a few and most of them I hated and I couldn't played them anylonger because it was annoying.

Only because it didn't detract you it don't have to be the case for everyone.

So still the option to turn the text off would be perfect.

@current topic:
Today Bulletin, Video and Sparkcast? yes ! It is not that I need to sleep in this foreign city lol.

Also Happy Birthday Hypertrooper / Alles Gute und Herzlichen Glückwunsch.

It could have been a lot worse John, a lot worse.

Get well. : )

True. Two no shows and ones sick Triceratops isn't too bad.

cy2.jpg

Replace that with the Mantis and its probably accurate. :lol

And a 90 minute Sparkast.

=D

If it's been a few weeks, you may have broken something, or at least bruised the bone, depending on how bad the pain is. Definitely see a doctor.

On a different subject: KELLYKELLYKELLYKELLYKELLYKEELLLLYYY

Yeah, I mean its not excruciating, but it hurts to sit on it directly. I can deal with it, but I do think its bruised. Is there really anything they can do about that though?

Yeah, I mean its not excruciating, but it hurts to sit on it directly. I can deal with it, but I do think its bruised. Is there really anything they can do about that though?

If it's really a bone bruise, there's nothing you can do but wait for it to heal, the good news is it can't be made worse. You still should see a doc in case there's something else wrong.

Woorloog

Banned
Wait why is the mech called the Mantis? Shouldn't it be the Cyclops?

Cyclops doesn't look anything like Mantis.
BUT if you're referring to the Cyclops Mark II... Earlier on, it was said the Mech on Adrift is a Cyclops Mark II. The thing is, it is nearly identical to the Mantis.
I reckon either these two things are the same or the mech was renamed. I also reckon the version of Adrift shipping with the game will have a Mantis mech in the middle, i mean, exactly same model.

BUT if you're referring to the Cyclops Mark II... Earlier on, it was said the Mech on Adrift is a Cyclops Mark II. The thing is, it is nearly identical to the Mantis.
I reckon either these two things are the same or the mech was renamed. I also reckon the version of Adrift shipping with the game will have a Mantis mech in the middle, i mean, exactly same model.

Lolno

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think they were already confirmed to be different, co-existing models.

Today has been a glorious day. To celebrate I'm going to play Reach tonight.

Excellent! What else can 343 release while Tashi has to be doing other things?

Aren't you the guy that's REALLY into armpit stains?

When are you getting on? I kinda feel like playing Halo tonight, plus my friend got the Anni pack and wants to try it out.

feel

Not excited about the video tbh, it will be just a ton of wubwubwub while showing quick cuts of 12 weapons that all look the same.

Sparkast on the other hand should be great.

Not excited about the video tbh, it will be just a ton of wubwubwub while showing quick cuts of 12 weapons that all look the same.

Sparkast on the other hand should be great.

But what if its on a new map or two, such as Ragnarok, Solace and Complex? Odds are it wont be...but what if?

Woorloog

Banned
Study the images. There are differences (i said "nearly", in a loose manner) but a lot of similarities as well, specifically, the arms (weapons). I wouldn't be surprised if the Cyclops Mark II was an earlier model that was then scrapped and repurposed as the Cyclops Mark II or a placeholder.
Mantis
http://www.halopedia.org/File:H4-E3-Campaign-5.jpg
Cyclops
http://www.halopedia.org/File:Cyclops_mark_II.jpg

EDIT besides, it is kinda odd that Cyclops Mark II would be a radically different machine. An updated, enhanced version of the original, sure. But twice as tall, combat mech (instead of exoskeleton for repairs and heavy lifting)? Nope.
I think they were already confirmed to be different, co-existing models.

They were? Where? When?

Top Bottom