• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

wwm0nkey

I did not know this but apparently she will be playing Kelly in the Forward Unto Dawn movie

gpJ05.jpg

DeadNames

Banned
343 opening a real shop confirmed?

Also, zombies with camo.... Hmmm. And kill cams in Infection... Hmmm.

Mechs on Valhalla sound sweet lol.

Vire

343 opening a real shop confirmed?

Also, zombies with camo.... Hmmm. And kill cams in Infection... Hmmm.

Mechs on Valhalla sound sweet lol.

Sounds kinda bad to me.

Why defile the holy grounds of Valhalla with some Animu nonsense. I remain very skeptical.

Gui_PT

Your joke was a waste of space and pointless. Kinda hard to tell if it is a "joke" when people are actually complaining about the text being sideways, but I guess I should be able to completely tell what your tone is from a post because I am magical.

Are you on your period?

THIS POST IS A JOKE

Happy BDay Hyper

ich liebe dich schnitzel

Korosenai

I can always tell when shit is getting real in the Halo world when I leave this thread, come back 4 hours later, and there is about 10-12 new pages.

Swarmerr

Actually, one the things I most look forward to in Halo 4 is the custom options. I appears, and I could be wrong, that increasing the movement speed won't ruin the strafe and may in fact improve it. Additionally, we may be able to increase kill speed of utility weapons without destroying the rest of the sandbox in the process. A few preliminary looks make it seem like the DMR and BR take off exactly 1/4 of the shield with each shot. If we have bleedthrough, we can make them 4sk with only an incremental increase in the damage modifier.

If that is true, at least we may be able to get some decent custom settings, even if we never see it in MM.

This is a fair point just I am not going to get my hopes up for this until we get confirmation from 343.

Karl2177

Something about the mech that going to bug me: what if it flips? How the fuck are you gonna stand up a 14 foot tall mech when I can't even stand up a 6 inch action figure without it falling over? Cars I can understand, it's pretty much impossible to fuck up flipping over a Hot Wheels. But when it comes to standing up Obi-Wan Kenobi it's like a 12.9 earthquake while on a tightrope.

nillapuddin

Wait, why does it say Spartan-IV in the corner? It's not like there's anything else you could be, right?

The normal 1-50 "Specialization" is "Spartan-IV"

Obviously once you re-enlist you change it to "Wetwork" "Engineer" etc

(as seen in eli vid)

edit: btw...

would.

Damn, so it's definitely the mech. I'm okay with that, I guess. I don't really get the mech hype that seems to generally exist among gamers, but I'm okay with them. Some kids got nuts over the slightest mention of a mech, hah.

bawhahah silly kittens

But the skill gap is already massive as it is.

Just wanted to point out that I think you meant the skill gap is already tiny as it is.. because a large skill gap means there's a huge difference between the pros of Reach and the newbs of Reach, which is not the case in the context of you comparing it to previous Halo games.

Here's a long, in-depth interview featuring yours truly. It's on my PAX experience, my opinions on competitive Halo, and also has a really detailed weapon breakdown. I hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.onespawn.com/2012/09/26/...community-member-duji-on-halo-4-pax-attendee/

It also so happens that I touch on the subject that you guys were talking about (mainly referring to BigShow's post).

Definitely an interesting read.

Homeboyd

Bravo, I don't know where the post/link is, but fuuuuuuuuck. Hilarious vid.

(I caught up on like 39472946324956143957324507234095790 pages today so I just lost the post.)

Vire

Dude, that mech design is as Western as it gets.

Battletech/MechCommander/MechWarrior/FASA representing all in that shit.

I'd agree if it was inspired by any of the designs you listed.

It bears more resemblance to Eastern, nimble mechs.

Metal Gear Gekko:

GEKKO.jpg

Halo 4 Mantis:

2821765-web_preview.png

Ramirez

Great argument, your point almost addressed and countered everything I brought up. I did name a few games later on though.

I replied before reading past that post. I have no interest in arguing with you, I just wanted the names of these mythical games. You come back with games that are older than Talents.

In todays gaming landscape, playing alone is gonna result in a frustrating experience the vast majority of the time. You can forget about a AAA big budget title going back to the type of gameplay you're seeking.

Apparently Murder Miners is just like CE though, so there's always that, heh.

Another quote from the guy who played at the event:

Mech can crouch up and down?
Haha oh god, thats gonna be great.

I did not know this but apparently she will be play Kelly in the Forward Unto Dawn movie

gpJ05.jpg

Whaa? Source? I knew there would be other Spartans, but where did you find this out?

More more powerful. That was very surprising the first time.

Do the zombies have any unique assassinations?

and FRED!

534580_446967395342828_172661900_n.jpg

Wha!? Source, now! So good.

Top Bottom