• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Louis Wu said:
Brian's been doing this for a while; the first time he did, I thought, wow, that's totally wrong, but it's not. I still say 'Car-byne' because it SOUNDS better to me - but it's still incorrect.

Audio pronunciation here.
Fuck you English and your words that are misleadingly sounded! I find it hard to believe that people can actually learn it is a second language :p

I will call it a car-byne regardless :p

Gui_PT

Hydranockz said:
Fuck you English and your words that are misleadingly sounded! I find it hard to believe that people can actually learn it is a second language :p

I will call it a car-byne regardless :p

It's pronounced Nee-del Ry-fel now

car-of-the-future.jpg

Car bean? No thanks.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Gui_PT said:
Many people haven't returned to Halo 3 yet. That's what happened to customs.

With E3 coming soon, I suppose either Ghal or Dani will make a new thread. Any word on a date for that?

New thread should be coming some time this week. Won't be as swanky as this thread but I'll be covering all the new stuff to be revealed this month and all the way up until release.

And GAF Customs should be returning this week. My Halo vacation is almost over.

Dirtbag

Dax01 said:
I haven't seen enough mourning for the death of the Carbine.

It serves no role anymore. Plus I can see the brutes more inclined to use a needlerifle over a carbine for you fiction nerds

Dirtbag said:
It serves no role anymore. Plus I can see the brutes more inclined to use a needlerifle over a carbine.

For some reason I can't imagiine the brutes using any kind of percision weapons, I see the elites, jackals, and birdguys filling that role.

Dirtbag said:
It serves no role anymore. Plus I can see the brutes more inclined to use a needlerifle over a carbine for you fiction nerds
nah how about a real Spiker Rifle that shoots 4 foot spikes and nails people to walls

its been in Bioshock and FEAR, why not Halo?

Dirtbag

Self Induced said:
nah how about a real Spiker Rifle that shoots 4 foot spikes and nails people to walls

its been in Bioshock and FEAR, why not Halo?

Maybe the Brutes will get the concussion rifle we saw in that leaked and unconfirmed modder document. I know I would love the brutes to get some sort of crossbow like gun with big damage and leading shots.
Does seem a little on the violent side for halo though.

I picture a concussion rifle being a gun that shoots a blast that has some knock back to it. That could be incredibly fun to use to not only headshot someone, but ragdoll them.
Imagine how fun a concussion blast would be against jetpackers! You could juggle them!

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Speaking of fiction nerds, how do they plan on explaining Brutes on Reach, but not in CE? :p
The fleet that followed PoA had no brutes on the ships, they were all being mobilized on the ground. :p

Ramirez said:
Speaking of fiction nerds, how do they plan on explaining Brutes on Reach, but not in CE? :p
Easy, Arbiter ordered the Brutes to stay near Reach while he followed the Pillar of Autumn. Reach wasn't completely lost by the time the Pillar got the fuck out of dodge.
Or he sent them to re-group with the huge invasion force that Blue Team ( >>> Noble Team) took out on the way back to earth.

*fixes nerd glasses*

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ramirez said:

Well the Covenant in CE are from the remnants of the Fleet Of Particular Justice. The Fleet after the Battle of Reach was reduced by two third due to the conflict. Additionally some of the fleet had to remain behind.

Maybe all the Brutes died during the battle. The Supreme Commander could had made the Brutes behind to clean up after the battle or maybe he only selected Elites to have the honour of the final kill of the battle or something.

Meh, it's all retroactive fixing really but I'm sure there's a simple explanation. It's not really important though.

Kibbles

Dax01 said:
I haven't seen enough mourning for the death of the Carbine.
The Beta Carbine was sent from the heavens. The Halo 3 Carbine, not so much. The Needle Rifle is a fine replacement. :) I still prefer the BR over the DMR, but I just try to make due with whatever Bungie puts out there.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Self Induced said:
I thought an alarm went off somewhere deep inside the 343 Cave when a question was asked on the internet about Halo lore, but they're awfully late this time.

WHAT'S HAPPENING MY DESK IS SHAKING HALP

Blueblur1

The Needle Rifle is a Carbine that shoots a pink beam instead of green. And it added the needle explosion effect. It's effectively the same weapon. I prefer the Carbine's design though. The Needle Rifle looks horrid and sounds worse than the Carbine did. I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that the Plasma Launcher a.k.a. 'The Dolphin' looks terrible, too.

I'm surprised the Hammer wasn't replaced by a big blue green/purple stick.

Nutter

Self Induced said:
I thought an alarm went off somewhere deep inside the 343 Cave when a question was asked on the internet about Halo lore, but they're awfully late this time.
Meanwhile, outside of 343i, "CocoP"

Batman-Bomb.gif

Self Induced said:
big team battle is where legends are born

that and action sack

Action Sack needs to be more crazy, last time I played it was just:

Grifball
Rockets
Tug of War (pretty much slayer)

Put some Bungle in! :D

P.S. Zayne those Twitter updates are so funny, I totally disagree by the way, making Waypoint free, and keeping it updated with free stuff is an amazing gesture of goodwill.

Top Bottom