• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Forge |OT| - Create, Share & Kill

Raide

Shake Appeal said:
At the risk of being lost at the bottom of the page for people who view in 50s, you can now download my map.

Ardis

Ardis4.jpg

(Link to file.)

I'd recommend 6-12 players, with 4v4 CTF being the sweet spot. It should support all variants of flag (incl. Neutral) and slayer, but nothing else (yet).

Go nuts. Break it. Find bugs. Tell me what is shit about it, or what is good.

The only thing I found was that the central platform where the sniper spawns, with a timed jump you can actually get to the bar at the bottom and then jump onto the rockface. (Sniper spawn facing main room, bottom rockface on left. Might be a little annoying if people jump down there after getting a 1 flag lead/or carrying the bomb.) Just set a kill box just under the Sniper area, that will solve it.

Really nice. No issues, everything nice an level, good layout with plenty of cover. All it needs it a few major playtests and I think its good to go! Excellent work Shake.

Raide said:
The only thing I found was that the central platform where the sniper spawns, with a timed jump you can actually get to the bar at the bottom and then jump onto the rockface. (Sniper spawn facing main room, bottom rockface on left. Might be a little annoying if people jump down there after getting a 1 flag lead/or carrying the bomb.) Just set a kill box just under the Sniper area, that will solve it.
There is actually a kill box there, it's probably just set too low. Good catch.

chess

InfectedZero said:
If you guys need help testing shit out and whatnot I will be more then happy to help whenever I am on, plus I can get some guys from my fake clan to play too.
GT - pC InfectedZero

If you could get a group of 8 do do 4v4 slayer pro and multi CTF on my map posted earlier I would love the feed back. I have the custom gametypes and maps all linked in the post. I haven't merged the maps as one yet. It's very basic "MLG like" sprint only dmr/pistol and nr/pistol load outs.

Weapons on the map are only 1 rocket, 2 snipers (blue/red), 6 pistols(3blue/3red), 4 NR in elevated areas (2b/2r), and 4 DMRs ground level (2b/2r), 2frag and 2plasma nades.

health pack at each base, each teleporter, and each side of rockets in the center.

Again, it's designed for balance and headshot weapons with fights for power weapons. I'm sure regular slayer could be played fine but again the weapons on the map are limited and there is a soft kill ceiling for jetpackers.

Right now it's streamlined with some rough basic spawns. 4 main areas per team and 2 extra small areas per team. Geometry is minimal so there isn't too much clutter but hopefully no exploited sightlines. Base to base fire is open and intential.

Let me know! My time and friends list is limited.

zumphry

Banned
Retro said:
Alright, put the finishing touches on my first official map (Cistern was an experiment I decided to expand on). Since people liked the Moonpool concept so much...

Yay!

I get the feeling all of the maps I've downloaded off of here already and the forge hub maps I have would've made Halo 3 start freaking out already. :lol

UPDATE: So apparently trying to make the blue and red space lifts, in addition to the bottom mancannons into two-way teleporters didn't work, but making the space lifts have grav lifts that work fairly well (jetpacks still get through, might add another lift to each space lift).

Question: Will making the gametype just "Slayer"(or any variant of a gametype) in the Forge lobby make the change to any spawns and such to that overall gametype, or just that specific variant? Don't want to have to change everything for Slayer, Slayer Pro and so on. 1 Bomb/Flag and such I'm ok with making those changes. Hopefully this question makes sense. Nevermind, checked for myself and wasn't a lazy bum, and my worries were answered.

Retro

ZayneH said:

Don't get too excited. We slipped Moonpool into a custom match and I saw quite a few little problems I want to fix. I'm actually going to watch the match's replay and see if there were any little hiccups that I missed.

For example, the rocks in the moat aren't high enough for people to jump out in the middle, so I may tinker with them to smooth up the escape (I wanted there to be some kind of penalty since the rockets are down there though) or just kick up their height so it's easier to get out. There were also a lot of cases where people spawned in crowds... looks like it's time to learn how to use spawn zones... of course, we had 13 people on a map for 8, so... :lol

I'm probably gonna hang up my Forge hat for a while and play some matchmaking. I've spent 90% of my time in Forge instead of actually playing...

zumphry

Banned
Think I'm finally finished forging my version of Zealot. It's helped me a lot with Reach Forge and taught me two things:

1. Forge is fucking amazing
  2. Zealot seems like it'd be a great map, too bad the space section ruins it, and the weapons on the map suck where they're placed (this one is all in my opinion, by the way)

Fiend
Even vessels like the Ardent Prayer are prequels to the devastation the Covenant fleet can unleash upon a planet. 2-8 players.
NAVmN.jpg

Let's see, sword moved to a position that looks familiar (and cool)...

CmYvy.jpg

Bases with more color to identify them better, plus more cover...

XsOBb.jpg

Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember...

iC8ym.jpg

OH YEAH. I basically just took Zealot, added a portable shield to each base, closed off the space lifts, added lifts to the bottom of the bases, and made it as close to Midship in weapon positioning as possible.

As for those space lifts...

4TBmY.jpg

Both Red and Blue "Space lifts" were given a gravity lift to the sides of them that pushes on foot players back, but crafty (and stupid) jetpack users get lifted up to a soft kill boundry. There's really nothing up in space, really.

bHVvk.jpg

And as shown here, Gold lift got turned into a Sender Node (don't worry, the radius takes up all of the lift), and the enter point faces the barrier of sorts. Anyone who walks around will expect to face a door when getting teleported...and pasted into little gibs and pieces if an opposing player picks up the Concussion Rifle (debated adding Pro Pipes to the lips you can jump onto, but 2 of them would just be too much with a Conc. Rifle)

VMrhJ.jpg

It's set up for all of the same gametypes Zealot is set for, and I barely touched any Flag stands, capture points, skull spawns, Stockpile/Headhunter areas, or anything of the sort. If I get to test the map out, I'd like to know if those should be moved around, with any comments on the weapon placements (too many? too unbalanced? I tend to kinda go overboard with weapon placements)

I mean, yeah, moving stuff around in Zealot is nothing compared to the awesome stuff you guys make on Forge World, but it's me getting used to forge and getting ready to make the (still basic/quaint compared to you guy's maps) maps I have in my handy dandy notebook. Next up, Boneyard or Spire rearrangements.

Retro said:
Don't get too excited. We slipped Moonpool into a custom match and I saw
quite a few little problems I want to fix. I'm actually going to watch the match's replay and see if there were any little hiccups that I missed.

For example, the rocks in the moat aren't high enough for people to jump out in the middle, so I may tinker with them to smooth up the escape (I wanted there to be some kind of penalty since the rockets are down there though) or just kick up their height so it's easier to get out. There were also a lot of cases where people spawned in crowds... looks like it's time to learn how to use spawn zones... of course, we had 13 people on a map for 8, so... :lol

I'm probably gonna hang up my Forge hat for a while and play some matchmaking. I've spent 90% of my time in Forge instead of actually playing...

Well, I really like the concept, though, I would've liked it if blue base was a bit to the side more, with a side path of sorts to red base, but still in the "Y" shape it is currently, if you know what I mean.

Havok

Figured I'd throw this in to the mix.

Cliffside

Scenic 2BR/1bath bases located in the sunny New Alaskan territory of Installation-03. Perfect for families or warring factions!

Available on my File Share: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3209029&player=Havok CXVII

The Big Team maps in Reach are somewhat lacking, so I figured that making one couldn't hurt. It's asymmetric, best suited for 6v6 to 8v8, although 4v4 would probably work, and primarily designed for One Flag/Bomb games, although Stockpile, Team Slayer, Neutral Bomb, Multibomb/Multiflag, and Team Crazy King are also supported. I'm currently working on getting Territories in there, although I'm not sure if the demand is there to put the work in.

The side walkway has a shotgun and teleporter that will get you to the center structure, which contains the rocket launcher. The central rock spire has a sword near it, and the sniper rifles are just outside of the mancannon landing zones. I'd be super grateful to get feedback on it, as I simply don't have a group of people to play the large scale games needed to get decent information.

reach_2884637_Full.jpg

From Red Base
reach_2884765_Full.jpg

From Blue Base

I'm fairly sure all the spawns should be fine, they're the trickiest part for sure. Again, I'd be extremely appreciative of feedback.

Edit: forgot power weapon spawn timers; anyone who downloaded it before now should download the newest version.

Edit2: fixed some bugs, updated version in file share :)

Kibbles

Dmorr07 said:
Just spent part of last night and half of today working on my first forge map, never really messed around with it in Halo 3. Decided to try to remake Canals from Gears of War, or atleast make a map heavily inspired by it. I don't think i'm quite done with it but after spending so much time on it and I need someone else's view on it. The weapons and random bunkers/rocks i'm more than open to moving around, the current places were just decided on and i'm willing to take any opinions on. Still trying to figure out how to work the spawn system, I have a feeling if teams were uneven that trapping one team could possibly happen. Like I said though, it's a work in progress and i'm open to any suggestions.

Here's some screenshots:
http://i54.tinypic.com/10y2nmu.jpg[/.iMG]

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/o7nfw9.jpg[/.IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/nlsshv.jpg[/.IMG]

Here's the map: [url]http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2663488&player=Dmorr07[/url]

I made two gametypes, one with five different AA's and one with only sprint and evade. I hadn't seen Shogun Pain's gametype until today but it looks like it'd work too. As long as you don't use a jetpack and it's team slayer, you should be good. Basic Gametype: [url]http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2664437&player=Dmorr07[/url][/QUOTE]

If elimination is still in Reach you could make a Gears gametype. That way there would be no spawn killing cause there is only 1 spawn per round.

Just downloaded a bunch of ForgeGAF maps.

Of the ones I got to so far:

Ardis -- loved it! Can't comment on the weapon spawns but everything else looks pretty good. A bit flatter than I was expecting originally but still nice.

Cistern -- Pretty cool, though very cramped, and I wonder how battles actually play out in the space. Seems like it's really well suited to close range combat almost exclusively. Not necessarily a bad thing, but noteworthy.

Extended Yard -- Very good, quite large and roomy, but very nice to run around in. Love the decor around the lift area in the back.

Death Trap -- Main thing that bugged me was having to crouch to make it over the walls when doing the man cannons. Considering there was no other way (that I could see) to the upper levels, it seemed like asking a bit too much. Still, I could see it being very good for 2v2.

I'll get to more soon :) Gotta mix it in while working on my next map!

Raide

timetokill said:

Death Trap -- Main thing that bugged me was having to crouch to make it over the walls when doing the man cannons. Considering there was no other way (that I could see) to the upper levels, it seemed like asking a bit too much. Still, I could see it being very good for 2v2.

I'll get to more soon :) Gotta mix it in while working on my next map!

Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering about dropping them a little bit. I will add some lower cover which will make it easier to bounce over. :D

The higher level can be accessed by the ramp closer to the sniper nests(leads to man cannon and teleport) There is a short run up and then another cannon which fires you to the other side.

Anybody up for redoing the "Streets" map from Rainbow Six 3?

Obviously with some tweaks to account for the faster halo gameplsy

Raide

Raiden said:
Are there any attempts on a Dust 2 map? Think with One Bomb assault or 1 CTF would be pretty sweet.

I am sure a few Dust maps are around. I downloaded one a few days back. It was pretty good.

GodfatherX said:
Anybody up for redoing the "Streets" map from Rainbow Six 3?

Obviously with some tweaks to account for the faster halo gameplsy

If you can find any good footage or even the overhead layout, I will give it a go.:D

Retro

timetokill said:

Cistern -- Pretty cool, though very cramped, and I wonder how battles actually play out in the space. Seems like it's really well suited to close range combat almost exclusively. Not necessarily a bad thing, but noteworthy.

Yep, Cistern was designed with close quarters in mind; there's shotguns near both team spawn points, a couple grenade launchers to mix things up, and a sword. I put some DMRs in there just in case people wanted them for a little range play in the landslide / hallways, which are the only long range areas.

Halo doesn't really have claustrophobic maps and I'm a shotgun whore so... yeah. Moonpool has a bunch of little corridors like that too, but I also put in more open areas.

No idea on what my next map will be, but I'll try to keep it more open.

Striker

Hypertrooper said:
Question: Which power weapon should be on a team objective/team slayer map? Rockets? Snipers? Shotgun? Or a Sword?
Small map, or medium sized? Really depends where it is placed and what kind of map you feel like creating.

Havok, neat looking map. It's up for queue so I'll check it out later after work.

Quick update:

263de2t.jpg

2j31zj8.jpg

20u4ug2.jpg

wvv3hu.jpg

118zs5s.jpg

Completed most of Attacker's Base and added a few ramps. I really don't know if I want the lift in the last image. I was just tinkering around with it for a bit before I gave up on thinking what I could do. :lol

If you guys have any suggestions on what I could add (or subtract), let me know!

Repgnar

Alright, made some updates to Canals. Manage to get two different groups to try it out last night, one with freinds/randoms and the other with some gaffers. Both groups thought it was a pretty good remake although the gaffers were hating on Gears pretty hard. I've been playing it with the gametype Shogun Pain made, he did an excellent job of getting a feel of gears through the gametype.

Changes:
-Changed the rocket launcher to a plasma nade launcher. Not being able to jump made rockets extremely strong and I think the nade launcher will simulate the torque bow better.
-Added the Next gen filter, looks a lot closer to the original map.
-Changed the cover/rocks to resemble the original, fired up GoW and placed them just like they're in Gears.
-Fixed a spawn that caused people to spawn outside of the intended area.

New Pics:
30m49zt.jpg

2yxrioj.jpg

2u8l6y1.jpg

Map link: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3052705&player=Dmorr07

Shogun Pain's Gametype: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=935179&player=ShoguN PaiN

I think the map itself is pretty much done. Sooner or later I think i'm gonna make round based objective gametypes and i'll add the necessary spawns for that too. Any opinions and thoughts are welcome as i'm still open for changes.

Retro

ZayneH said:
Think I'm finally finished forging my version of Zealot.
Looks fantastic, and yes... every time I play Zealot I find myself wondering why the staples from Midship weren't built in, especially the grav-lifts under the bases. And as for the space section... I've had too many games where people hide up there, so it's like a newbie camp that actually gives them an advantage because of the approaches.

Good stuff, and don't worry about editing existing maps... those can be just as amazing.

ZayneH said:
Well, I really like the concept, though, I would've liked it if blue base was a bit to the side more, with a side path of sorts to red base, but still in the "Y" shape it is currently, if you know what I mean.
The only problem with that is.... I literally used up my entire supply of Building Blocks, Walls/Doors and damn near all of my Platforms. I wound up using rocks for the entire back of the blue base specifically because I was out of walls. The back wall of red base is made of up Braces too...

A lot of my pieces went into making the moonpool smooth... for example, there's slightly angled platforms that make for smooth transitions from slightly different elevations (because I hate seeing textures tear each other up). I think with a slightly less extravagant centerpiece for the map would have made things smoother, but... that moonpool looks really nice. I hijacked a couple friends out of matchmaking to show them and they were blown away by it...

Really, that's my only gripe with Forgeworld; the textures are a bit repetitive and there's not a lot of 'character items', but those are nitpicks... being limited on construction materials when you're still vastly under budget is heartbreaking.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Alright I figure this is the best place to ask. How do you guys go about making things so pixel-perfect? I've tried editing coordinates, I've tried patiently aligning pieces and even then it always seems like something doesn't align the way it should. For example, I was using the Stunt Ramps as walls and I had flat 5x5's as floor pieces the floor pieces were not lining up properly. Any tips? I would take pictures but I can't cause I have a 4gb slim. :/

Mik2121

Plywood said:
Alright I figure this is the best place to ask. How do you guys go about making things so pixel-perfect? I've tried editing coordinates, I've tried patiently aligning pieces and even then it always seems like something doesn't align the way it should. For example, I was using the Stunt Ramps as walls and I had flat 5x5's as floor pieces the floor pieces were not lining up properly. Any tips? I would take pictures but I can't cause I have a 4gb slim. :/
Try to move whichever piece is aligned with less other pieces. If you have a LOT of stuff to align though, just use a ramp in between those pieces so there's no bump.

Raide

Hi all!

New map thats currently WIP. I wanted to make a multi-team objective or KotH style map and this is what I came up with. For some odd reason it keeps saying the picture I took of the map was made offline. :lol

Yet I can still upload the map to my Fileshare. Will try and get a pic up as well.

HERE!

Called Havok. I have basic spawns in but only 1 of each. Just let me know about the basic layout and if I need some more cover points and any weird stuff you find.

Thanks all!

Edit:

reach_3089056_Full.jpg

Plywood said:

For some reason objects don't spawn all of the time on the same grid, you have to respawn the objects many times to get it just right. It's frustrating, but soooo good once they do line up.

Kapura

Banned
Finished the first of the 4 maps that I've started so far. It's called Canyon, and it is a kind of urban map a la Turf. It's asymmetrical but fairly balanced with what's on each side of the main road running through the middle of the map. Download link

reach_3102538_Full.jpg

reach_3102534_Full.jpg

reach_3102526_Full.jpg

Veelk

Banned
Just a quick question - is anyone here going out to recreate Valhalla? I imagine that map would be a bitch to recreate given that it's mostly made up of natural things, like rocks and hills, but I'm hoping someone could pull through.

Havok

Striker said:
Small map, or medium sized? Really depends where it is placed and what kind of map you feel like creating.

Havok, neat looking map. It's up for queue so I'll check it out later after work.
Awesome, thanks a bunch! I know it's difficult to get enough people to test large maps, which is a shame, since Reach is so lacking in that category (Paradiso and Spire are complete messes.).

Hypertrooper said:
Question: Which power weapon should be on a team objective/team slayer map? Rockets? Snipers? Shotgun? Or a Sword?
Like Striker said, it really depends on the size of a map and its layout (open zones, blind corners, etc.). Smaller maps shouldn't have a rocket launcher with more than one spare magazine, and limited ammo for the shotgun (especially given how powerful it is in Reach. Remember that unless your map is fairly small, you should have multiple snipers (if space allows) for countersniping, or else you run into one-sided team issues. The Sword is fine if you place it in an open area so it is a dangerous grab.

Raide said:
Called Havok. I have basic spawns in but only 1 of each. Just let me know about the basic layout and if I need some more cover points and any weird stuff you find.
Excellent.

Generic said:
Just a quick question - is anyone here going out to recreate Valhalla? I imagine that map would be a bitch to recreate given that it's mostly made up of natural things, like rocks and hills, but I'm hoping someone could pull through.
There's a version up on the most popular maps list in-game or on bnet, but it's just kinda shoehorned into Coagulation, and the bases aren't really that faithful...it's not super impressive.

Retro

Raide said:
New map thats currently WIP. I wanted to make a multi-team objective or KotH style map and this is what I came up with.

reach_3089056_Full.jpg

Reminds me of the Antenna level from Goldeneye flipped upside down. I'll queue it up and let you know what I think once I get a chance to play.

Plywood said:

The trick is to make sure every piece is on the same rounded coordinates. To round the coordinates, click "Edit coordinates" on EVERY SINGLE PIECE. Edit Coordinates rounds the movement to 1/10 Word Unit, allowing you to get Pixel Perfect Alignments, as long as you use it everywhere. Also, make sure you either finish the movement using it, or use it after you finish lining a piece up, because once you start moving a piece you start getting out of the rounded coordinate system.

A lot of times I find that I move a block into place, hit "Edit coordinates" and snaps right into where it needs to go. Though, I did have one issue where I did it with every single piece on a walkway and I seemed to have a tiny gap, thankfully I was able to position the gap in a place where I was Phasing in another piece to improve flow.

I'm away from my xbox, but I really want to be forging right now :(. I have about 98% of my geometry done, and I just did my first weapon pass before I left for the today/tomorrow. Though, I was thinking about the map today, and I think I need to make the bases smaller, and add some cover, and maybe adding one more mancannon on each side to add another path to the flag. After that I need to add gametype rules and team spawns.

I'm so excited to play on it, I have a weekly game with some friends, so I hope we can try it out some. I'm going to be heartbroken when it turns out to be awful. :lol

Havok

I feel like an insane person for spending half my day in Forge, but I concepted, prototyped, and finished a second map:

Free-fire

Available on my file share: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3211457&player=Havok CXVII

A small symmetric map, built primarily for 2v2 (or 4v4) engagements, and designed around objective gametypes. I took inspiration from Sanctuary, with fairly simple bases with great sightlines and an important middle structure, although this map is a bit smaller than that. I feel like with the new multiplayer map structures, a lot of the very specific gametype design (with two separate bases that have distinct functions) has been lost (see: Boardwalk, Zealot, Countdown, etc.). I miss that kind of map design so I made something that I thought would be interesting. There are two ramp-based sniper nests, and each can see the other, so I imagined a mini-sniper battle after the initial rush for the weapons. The center structure is very important, and contains weapons that could turn the tide of a fight, but the bases are well-defended enough with just enough cover to make them a viable holdout point.

It currently supports Multiflag/bomb and One Flag/Bomb, as well as Team Slayer.

As always, feedback is more appreciated than I can possibly express.

reach_3210075_Full.jpg

It looks confusing, but that's just because it's very hard to get decent screenshots showing the layouts of small maps.

Another important note: I updated Cliffside with some weapon spawn bugfixes, so if you downloaded it before, be sure to grab the new version.

These maps look fantastic. Now, if i could just figure out how to link my damn gamertag to Bungie.net I could actually play some of them.

Havok

ArachosiA 78 said:
These maps look fantastic. Now, if i could just figure out how to link my damn gamertag to Bungie.net I could actually play some of them.
If all else fails, you can always do a tag search for 'neogaf' through the custom file browser in-game. It's way more robust than I had imagined.

Vyer

Can anyone explain spawn points to me? Obviously Forge world is huge. How do you limit the area you want the players to spawn? And once you create a map, how do you set it to the gametypes it can be played on? Do I need to go through and set red and blue and neutral spawn points, one at a time?

NOKYARD

I come bearing gifts.

Sniper Platforms make excellent Banshee and Hornet Platforms.

Just don't wedge them in too tight.

Raide

Update for Havok v2:

reach_3250329_Full.jpg

Tweaked it a little bit, some weapons in and 4 initial team spawns and 4 respawns also in (Red, Blue, Orange and Green.) KotH marker is right at the top. I wanted an uphill struggle feel for the 4 teams. Was toying with an multi-team assault type but I will have to think on that.

Since we cannot make call-outs in the map, the map is colour coded for each team. Also added some decoration and some other things. :D

Hope you like!

Walshicus

NOKYARD said:
I come bearing gifts.

Sniper Platforms make excellent Banshee and Hornet Platforms.

Just don't wedge them in too tight.
I tried to make a "cradle" for a Scorpion tank to effectively make it a static turret. Sort of had something going with a one-way shield door... but couldn't get it quite right.

Foxix Von

Someone help me out here... so if I drop something in the water, which I have, there's really no way to dig it out? It just sort of sits there and takes up the total amount of points I have to work with.

Is there anyway to delete like a bajillion soccer balls under the sea? :lol

Raide

Foxix said:
Someone help me out here... so if I drop something in the water, which I have, there's really no way to dig it out? It just sort of sits there and takes up the total amount of points I have to work with.

Is there anyway to delete like a bajillion soccer balls under the sea? :lol

Place a new one, press B and then select the option to Delete All of These. All gone!

Edit: too many selects. :p

NOKYARD

Sir Fragula said:
I tried to make a "cradle" for a Scorpion tank to effectively make it a static turret. Sort of had something going with a one-way shield door... but couldn't get it quite right.
In Halo 3's Sandbox you could have a Scorpion behave as a stationary gun by flipping 2 golf tees and merging them together so they appear as one. The combined magnetism of the 2 tees would lock a Scorpion in place while allowing you to turn the Scorpion and the turret independently. You could even submerge the tees under the floor to hide them without reducing the effectiveness of the magnetism.

I don't have access to Reach for a few days so i can't test to see if this still works.

ckohler

Here's my first map:

"A Bridge Too Far"

It took me about eight hours to make. It's three giant bridges that span nearly the entire length of Forge World. It's set up as a race from one end to the other. Lots of high-altitude antics make this a difficult race but very fun. It's so long that three laps take almost 10 minutes to complete! I spent a lot of time lovingly making it look realistic by putting in little details and making the structures have real support beams (even though they don't have to have them). It's made for racing on mongoose however you can also race (with difficulty) on Ghosts.

Foxix Von

Well I'm sure all my hard work will go completely ignored since I'm posting at the end of the page :lol

Anyway I just finished my first map! I call it, Phobia! You can download the map here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3451602&player=Fireclad and I pretty much designed it to go along exclusively with this King of the Hill variation: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3451528

My friends and I used to play shotgun/plasma grenade KotH on midship for houuurs. Anyway I wanted to make something just as fun. It's sort of a work in progress but if anyone plays it please give me some feedback as I'm sure my spawn points are more that dodgy and definitely need work. Here are some photos.

WFlq1.jpg

aCaTB.jpg

nymqs.jpg

Wow those came out dark haha! Anyway yeah... I had to add some lights so you could actually see but... well I think it adds to the mystique of the level. I probably won't get to play with the map myself since my friends suck, so I'm sort of relying on GAF on this one haha. Turn up the brightness for this one folks!

Oh and a comment on the primary man cannon leading up to the weapon/teleportation room: don't try to sneak up behind it, you'll miss your mark completely so be sure to go around and through the ramp and hit it head on or you'll surely fail. If somehow you manage to get machine gun all the way over there, jump up on the ledge beside the cannon and then on top of it. With the cannon you're too heavy so you've got to approach the MC in a different way, but you CAN make it!

Wow one more thing! On the vertical hill (you'll know the one as it's the 3rd pictured above) it is indeed possible to make it to the top levitator. I've just made it intentionally challenging to time your jump and crouch properly to avoid getting to the power weapon cash too easily via that route.

The least challenging route is to take the cannon on the right, and wrap up around to the cannon seen in picture 2 which will shoot you up to the Power weapon cache. Oh and you may want to crouch after hitting the secondary cannon ;) I'll shut up now.

Foxix said:
Well I'm sure all my hard work will go completely ignored since I'm posting at the end of the page :lol

Anyway I just finished my first map! I call it, Phobia! You can download the map here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3451602&player=Fireclad and I pretty much designed it to go along exclusively with this King of the Hill variation: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3451528

My friends and I used to play shotgun/plasma grenade KotH on midship for houuurs. Anyway I wanted to make something just as fun. It's sort of a work in progress but if anyone plays it please give me some feedback as I'm sure my spawn points are more that dodgy and definitely need work. Here are some photos.

WFlq1.jpg

aCaTB.jpg

nymqs.jpg

Wow those came out dark haha! Anyway yeah... I had to add some lights so you could actually see but... well I think it adds to the mystique of the level. I probably won't get to play with the map myself since my friends suck, so I'm sort of relying on GAF on this one haha. Turn up the brightness for this one folks!

Oh and a comment on the primary man cannon leading up to the weapon/teleportation room: don't try to sneak up behind it, you'll miss your mark completely so be sure to go around and through the ramp and hit it head on or you'll surely fail. If somehow you manage to get machine gun all the way over there, jump up on the ledge beside the cannon and then on top of it. With the cannon you're too heavy so you've got to approach the MC in a different way, but you CAN make it!

Wow one more thing! On the vertical hill (you'll know the one as it's the 3rd pictured above) it is indeed possible to make it to the top levitator. I've just made it intentionally challenging to time your jump and crouch properly to avoid getting to the power weapon cash too easily via that route.

The least challenging route is to take the cannon on the right, and wrap up around to the cannon seen in picture 2 which will shoot you up to the Power weapon cache. Oh and you may want to crouch after hitting the secondary cannon ;) I'll shut up now.

Looks awesome, I will try to figure it out ;)

Top Bottom