• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Forge |OT| - Create, Share & Kill

zumphry

Banned
Just now started out experimenting a little bit with Zealot. Soft kill box in Space area, soft mancannon below the small hole you can jump down through in the "bases", yellow lift now is a teleporter that takes you to where the Sword was/is, and trying to make it so the to-space blue and red lifts take you to the basement lifts that take you to the corners, but those basement lifts still lift you when you get out of the receiver node so :/

Wish they would've added teleporter blockers like in Assembly.

Retro

Alright, put the finishing touches on my first official map (Cistern was an experiment I decided to expand on). Since people liked the Moonpool concept so much...

Moonpool:
Containment protocols have failed in this deep sea derelict. This claustrophobic installation supports up to 8 individuals.

Download Here!

Map:
Note: Not to scale and highly stylized.
2wowqcn.jpg

Moonpool has three main levels that converge in the Moonpool and Moat rooms (and thus, right at the red and blue bases)

Level 1 (blue) is flooded, running from the moonpool itself to a small networking room.
Level 2 (gray) has several narrow utility ducts (blue and green halls) converging just outside the armory.
Level 3 (red) is a utility network that passes over the armory.

Screenshots:

Screenshots do not do this map justice, and it's no where near as dark as it looks from the photos. I may remove the purple FX if it proves too dark, but I think it's fine, personally.

10pd1r5.jpg

Level 1's flooded hallway, leading up into the networking room. Take deep breaths.

29kz9dz.jpg

The moonpool itself. This is the largest room on the map and has lots of little nooks and crannies to duck into. More powerful weapons (and first aid kits) are on the walkways around the pool. On the left side of this shot you can see the Red Duct (top) and blue duct (Bottom, partially submerged) that lead to level 3 and 1 respectively.

2ymeirn.jpg

The armory. Mid-way between the bases, the armory has a stock of AR Ammo, grenades, and a grenade launcher. By climbing on the ammo crates, players can climb up into Level 3. Note the blast doors; quite a few of the rooms in the middle of the map have these blown-open and ripped apart blast doors that provide a degree of cover when moving in and out of the rooms... something nasty passed through here.

2pruwrc.jpg

An unfortunate encounter at the Red Base. There's an elevator (I guess that's my trademark map element now) behind the wall there, which provides some degree of cover for the flag.

Download now!
(Spartan tested, Elite approved)

Repgnar

Just spent part of last night and half of today working on my first forge map, never really messed around with it in Halo 3. Decided to try to remake Canals from Gears of War, or atleast make a map heavily inspired by it. I don't think i'm quite done with it but after spending so much time on it and I need someone else's view on it. The weapons and random bunkers/rocks i'm more than open to moving around, the current places were just decided on and i'm willing to take any opinions on. Still trying to figure out how to work the spawn system, I have a feeling if teams were uneven that trapping one team could possibly happen. Like I said though, it's a work in progress and i'm open to any suggestions.

Here's some screenshots:
10y2nmu.jpg

o7nfw9.jpg

nlsshv.jpg

Here's the map: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2663488&player=Dmorr07

I made two gametypes, one with five different AA's and one with only sprint and evade. I hadn't seen Shogun Pain's gametype until today but it looks like it'd work too. As long as you don't use a jetpack and it's team slayer, you should be good. Basic Gametype: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2664437&player=Dmorr07

Dmorr07 said:
Just spent part of last night and half of today working on my first forge map, never really messed around with it in Halo 3. Decided to try to remake Canals from Gears of War, or atleast make a map heavily inspired by it. I don't think i'm quite done with it but after spending so much time on it and I need someone else's view on it. The weapons and random bunkers/rocks i'm more than open to moving around, the current places were just decided on and i'm willing to take any opinions on. Still trying to figure out how to work the spawn system, I have a feeling if teams were uneven that trapping one team could possibly happen. Like I said though, it's a work in progress and i'm open to any suggestions.

Here's some screenshots:
10y2nmu.jpg

o7nfw9.jpg

nlsshv.jpg

Here's the map: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2663488&player=Dmorr07

I made two gametypes, one with five different AA's and one with only sprint and evade. I hadn't seen Shogun Pain's gametype until today but it looks like it'd work too. As long as you don't use a jetpack and it's team slayer, you should be good. Basic Gametype: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2664437&player=Dmorr07

Needs the next gen filter.

Gowans

I had all these awesome levels downloaded.

I had 8+ friends with me playing last night.

I got knocked back from playing customs by most of them on these awesome maps because you don't get credits :'(

Vyer

Man, I'm going into this pretty blind and trying to figure things out. :lol So far it's a little overwhelming.

Two things I've already noticed:
I hate that you can 'die' while in Edit mode. (Like getting too close to the water while working near it)
I hate that the camera zooms way in when trying to rotate/shift a larger piece.

I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, but so far that's real annoying.

Gowans007 said:
I had all these awesome levels downloaded.

I had 8+ friends with me playing last night.

I got knocked back from playing customs by most of them on these awesome maps because you don't get credits :'(

Bungie need to add a custom map playlist or at least take the best out there every month and add them to the other playlists.

Map Update!

14468v4.jpg

j6u4xc.jpg

Added Attackers Base platform on the bottom and I'm working my way up the Pillar adding new geometry. Also added the floor to the large structure. I'm still just winging it without any real plan. :lol

If anyone has suggestions on what I could do, let me know!

I downloaded everyones maps so far and I'm going to type up what I think of each one since I want to give you guys some props for cool maps. Some are from here and some are from links provided to other sites.

Abrasion - Like the cliff side BTB sense going on but I think its far too apart and the second base is way to high. I say you have both bases on the ground. Or both in the sky.

Canals_v1 - Pretty damn good remake of the Gears map, one of my favorites too.

Cistern - Interesting map, pretty condensed and small, perfect for those 2v2 or 1v1. I would get rid of the powerups though.

Casket - Excellent Hang em' High remake, way better then the other one I saw floating around. I would also get rid of power ups depending on the mode.

Deathtrap - Very interesting, Im liking all the lifts and portals and such. Good for some 1v1.

Dreadfalls V1.1 - Great map, love its layout.

Extended Yard - Had fun on this earlier this week with some friends flying around and shit, I forget if this one was a quake remake, otherwise its great.

Jacinto - Another Gears remake that is pretty good.

Keystone - Great map, nice foundation vibe.

Moonpool - Really kickass, love the mood/colors, and love the tightness/claustrophobia it give you in the corridors.

Perception - The name kinda gives it away, but, I went literally "holy shit" when I spawned. Bravo.

Radiation - Excellent map, had loads of fun on it with FFA, like the use of shield doors.

Seashell - Good map, I feel like the open areas need more cover? especially the open water area near the rockwall base. Also, I say you ax the mongooses and try something with portals or grav lifts leading to the middle area.

Shadow of the Colossus - Pretty good remake, needs less power weapons.

Sub Base v2 - I like the concept and its pretty cool.

If you guys need help testing shit out and whatnot I will be more then happy to help whenever I am on, plus I can get some guys from my fake clan to play too.
GT - pC InfectedZero

Raide

electricpirate said:
First time forging, it took me like an hour to figure out the best way to line up some 5x5 blocks. You guys amaze the shit out of me.

Anywho, I started on my "Inspired by q3 DM 16" map. Hopefully I have enough mancannons :).

BTW, can you adjust mancannon power at all? One thing I want to do involves mancannons that are near each other that head to different locations.

Also, I noticed on the building block objects I could set shape to cylinder or box, and adjust coordinates, does that do anything?

Only Light,Normal and Heavy versions. Altering the pitch/roll of a man-cannon can alter its trajectory but not really its power. 8 cannons max, so I think you will run out. I remade Q3DM17 and I am short on cannons. :(

Quacking

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=DMdR Willshire

h1Jsv.png

RsNiB.png

Name: Longest yard
Basemap: Forge world
Typology: Reinterpretation of the famous q3dm17
Games Modality(Name): DeathmatchV3(look at the sharing section)
Autor (Tag): DMdR Willshire
Link: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=DMdR Willshire
Comments: Support the ffa and team gameplay. Reccomanded for the modality loaded on the shared section. Who knows the original version will rejoice for the faithfulness with which it was forged.

Wow, thank you for the time put in InfectedZero! That is really awesome that you downloaded all of those to try them out and gave your feedback. :D

Well, my new Invasion/BTB Map "Minefield" approaches completion, I've got to the point where I need to start considering how the different phases will play out.

This is what I have at the moment - how does it sound to you guys?

Phase 1:

Loadouts:

Spartans:
Strike Team - AR/Pistol, Sprint
Bomb Squad - Shotgun/Pistol, Armour Lock.

Vehicles: Mongoose, x 2 (30 seconds respawn)

Elites:
Vanguard - Plasma Repeater/Plasma Pistol, Evade.
Defender - Sword, Plasma Pistol, Drop Shield.

Bomb: 5 second arming time, 10 second fuse.

Spartans need to plant a bomb at one of the covenant communication towers. This phase plays like normal assault, mostly ground based/mongoose runs etc. If Spartans successfully plant and detonate the bomb, it leads to...

Phase 2:

Unlocked:

Spartans:
Aerial Assault - AR/Pistol, Jetpack
Rifleman - DMR/Pistol, Evade.

Vehicles: Warthog

Elites
Defender - Sword, Plasma Pistol, Drop Shield
Zealot - Neddle Rifle, Plasma Pistol, Evade
Aerial Assault - Plasma Repeater/Plasma Pistol, Jetpack

Vehicles: Ghost x 2

Spartans need to occupy Covenant reactor sites in order to bring down the main base's sheilds and reroute power to the mining complex systems. (Territories) Successfully occupying the area for required amount of time will unlock the caves and protected parts of the map, leading to 2 teleporters as avenues of attack as well as several awesome mancannons.

Phase 3:

Now that Covenant defenses are weakened, Spartans must retrieve the core and get it back to Base.. This will play a little like Relic from Halo 2, for those that remember 1 flag on that map. All out carnage is guaranteed.

Unlocked:

Spartans:
Aerial Assault - AR/Pistol, Jetpack
Rifleman - DMR/Pistol, Evade.
Medic - DMR/Pistol, Drop Shield

Vehicles: Warthog (X2), Falcon, Mongoose (X2)

Elites
Defender - Sword, Plasma Pistol, Drop Shield
Zealot - Neddle Rifle, Plasma Pistol, Evade
Aerial Assault -Needler/Plasma Pistol, Jetpack
Warrior - Needle Rifle/Plasma Pistol, Armour Lock

Vehicles: Ghost (X2), Revenant, Banshee, 3 Shade Turrets.

Obviously, the map isn't quite ready for viewing yet, but I can give this little taster of the main Mining Facility. Obviously this is still a work-in-progress, I think it's going to take me all weekend to finish it.

Opinions?

Screenshot.jpg

Raide

McNei1y said:
Sure, just uploaded it.

Lucid

If you play it, let me know what you think!

With a few geometry tweaks and tidying up, that will be a pretty awesome map. Nice close quarters map with plenty of routes around the map. Maybe a bit too many power ups, especially since you can collect Overshield and Camo within a few seconds of each other. Could end up being messy. :lol

Don't forget to Select Object, Press B and click Edit Coordinates. It will snap it to the in-game units. Makes it way easier to align things and also gets rid of the odd bumps when linking objects. Also gets rid of weird gaps in the map.

Overall I think your map has some good potential.

Dark Cerberus said:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=DMdR Willshire

h1Jsv.png

RsNiB.png

Name: Longest yard
Basemap: Forge world
Typology: Reinterpretation of the famous q3dm17
Games Modality(Name): DeathmatchV3(look at the sharing section)
Autor (Tag): DMdR Willshire
Link: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=DMdR Willshire
Comments: Support the ffa and team gameplay. Reccomanded for the modality loaded on the shared section. Who knows the original version will rejoice for the faithfulness with which it was forged.

I am so glad someone else tried to remake Q3DM17. I had a shot at it but ran out of man-cannons :( The basic spawns are in, plus basic weapons but it will always feel unfinished without the full man-cannon quota.

Thanks for the feedback InfectedZero, good to know that the map achieved what I was aiming for. Will likely release a second version in the coming days/weeks to place the map in a safe zone and remove a couple of insta-kill boundaries.

This isn't really a forge question, I just need help creating a gametype for my forge map.

basically, everyone has 1 life, I don't want points to be given for kills, I want a point given for the last man/team standing.

I can't figure out how to do this, is it even possible?

my map may have been a huge waste of time :lol

jizzlobber said:
This isn't really a forge question, I just need help creating a gametype for my forge map.

basically, everyone has 1 life, I don't want points to be given for kills, I want a point given for the last man/team standing.

I can't figure out how to do this, is it even possible?

my map may have been a huge waste of time :lol
Pretty sure you can set this up using Infection.

I wish there was a better way to test or even play forge maps outside of your friends list, I have about 3 to 4 regulars on my list who I party with but due to custom games giving little to no cR it's forgotten, I have yet to play my hard worked on boat map with more then 3 people.

I wonder if it's possible to somehow "host" a match in a special listing area of matchmaking, keep credits away still but I am sure a few people would love a playlist like that playing random forged maps and having a laugh now and again even without earning cR.

squidhands said:
Pretty sure you can set this up using Infection.

ok it looks like you CAN give a point to the survivor, but unfortunately there are no teams, and I can't adjust how many lives you get as you turn into a zombie... it just won't work.

If I could just get the survivor option for slayer I could do it, I don't think it's possible however

jizzlobber said:
ok it looks like you CAN give a point to the survivor, but unfortunately there are no teams, and I can't adjust how many lives you get as you turn into a zombie... it just won't work.

If I could just get the survivor option for slayer I could do it, I don't think it's possible however
I think the best thing you can do for slayer is reward a team one point after the opposing team has been eliminated.

How does a team game work with a last man standing, anyway? There could theoretically be an entire team left over if things were stacked unfairly.

that's what I want, I just thought last man standing could be a work around if the driver was sacrificed at the end of each round :lol

but yeah, it would be ideal if the team could by awarded 1 point for being the last team standing, I just don't want points awarded for kills because if there are more than 2 teams there's the potential for 1 team to hit the required score straight away.

just so you can understand where i'm coming from, the game type is Destruction Derby, up to 8 teams of 2, mongoose for each team, and the passenger smashes the opponent with his 1 wood... last team standing gets a point, maybe make it first to 3 wins.

and here's the map-

reach2712376full1.jpg

Retro

InfectedZero said:
I downloaded everyones maps so far and I'm going to type up what I think of each one since I want to give you guys some props for cool maps. Some are from here and some are from links provided to other sites.

Nice, thanks for making the effort to try out GAF Maps. I've said before that we need to try and set a day and time for testing meet-ups, since getting random people to play customs is next to impossible. For example, I figured Cistern was fairly small, but when we dropped 8 players in it was complete chaos. My spawn points didn't help either, so testing really helped.

InfectedZero said:
Cistern - Interesting map, pretty condensed and small, perfect for those 2v2 or 1v1. I would get rid of the powerups though.

After we managed to run a 8-man FFA last weekend, I went back and made some changes. The new version of Cistern doesn't have the powerups and some of the passages are changed to accommodate Elites (which are taller than Spartans, and can jump higher). You can download it here; Cistern 2.0

InfectedZero said:
Moonpool - Really kickass, love the mood/colors, and love the tightness/claustrophobia it give you in the corridors.

Glad you liked it, that's definitely the feel I was going for. The basic idea was to mix up two fairly open areas with Cistern-like hallways. Halo doesn't have a lot of insanely cramped maps and I kind of like 'em. It seems like everyone has big, open airy maps, and those are cool... but I wanted something dark and claustrophobic.

Moonpool is supposed to be an abandoned underwater research facility, so it's dark, has flooded sections, and a couple sections that have fallen apart or been smashed. It's hard to give anything a 'lived in' feel, I'm thinking my next map will try to expand on that concept... and maybe be a little more open.

Anyone else give Moonpool a chance yet?

InfectedZero said:
If you guys need help testing shit out and whatnot I will be more then happy to help whenever I am on, plus I can get some guys from my fake clan to play too.
GT - pC InfectedZero

I'll add you to my friends list and hit you up next time I see you on.

My first map with Forge, learned a lot when doing this map and even had some unexpected events that made the map even tougher. I haven't had anyone else playtest it yet, so feedback would be very much appreciated.

At first it was going to be a remake of an old GMod map from many years ago called Longandhard. It consisted of a ramp and a loop in a race to the finish and yes the name described the map perfectly. With a full server back then it was the most fun I've ever had online. The ramp however is the only thing I carried over into...

"Survive This"

A race to the finish. It's not about who's fastest, but who is still alive.

qfcsW.jpg

Full Version: http://imgur.com/ehUsn.jpg

e3wZw.jpg

Full Version: http://imgur.com/nW8Oc.jpg

The Ramp
Can you make it across?

IXewO.jpg

Five Different Paths?
But which one is the safest?

hIVby.jpg

What's Next?
How do I get over there? (Sadly the ghosts won't show for the Game Type)

nzfGJ.jpg

Ahhh, the finish line. All is safe
Or is it? Damn this cliche..

Af8y3.jpg

Map

"Survive This"

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2654835

Game Type
You'll need this to have the best settings for finishing the map.

"Survive This Race"

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2654907

Another Forge spawns question: if I set a 'TEAM_ONLY' label to an object (say, an Initial Spawn), does that mean it only spawns in Team Slayer, or in all games that feature a Team (i.e. for my purposes, CTF as well)?

Also, is there a more elegant way of setting Initial Loadout Cameras than placing them, going into a custom to see exactly what they show, going back, editing them, going back into a custom... etc.

Shake Appeal said:
Another Forge spawns question: if I set a 'TEAM_ONLY' label to an object (say, an Initial Spawn), does that mean it only spawns in Team Slayer, or in all games that feature a Team (i.e. for my purposes, CTF as well)?

Also, is there a more elegant way of setting Initial Loadout Cameras than placing them, going into a custom to see exactly what they show, going back, editing them, going back into a custom... etc.
As much as Bungie pops up in the other thread, I'd love to see them give advice/notes here.

Are you editing in Slayer specifically or are you in the basic editing mode? From what I've been able to understand, changing the advance traits of spawns in basic editing will give you wonky results at best. I've been able to set initial spawns to a team-specific color in basic editing and they've translated through to all the gametypes I've set up so far. Does that help?

You can just get behind the camera and pretty much see what it's going to show you, but I just found out last night that initial spawns have a built-in camera on their own. I kind of like that better, since you know exactly where you're going to spawn.

I think I've sort of worked it out by reverse engineering Asylum.

Anything with a TEAM_ONLY label (or no particular label, in the case of regular Respawn Points) shows up if you use any team-based gametype in Forge, but my white FFA_ONLY Initial Spawns (I have 16 of these spread out as best as possible, to support 16-player FFA, though I wouldn't recommend it) disappeared when I went in to set up flags.

So basically I'm going to set up all spawns in Slayer to start with, with their respective tags, then go through each of the objective gametypes I want in turn and place their respective objects.

It's actually a pretty clever system. It means I can quickly set up the map for slayer and CTF and then iterate on it to add KotH, Stockpile, Assault, etc. if I want.

McNei1y

Raide said:
With a few geometry tweaks and tidying up, that will be a pretty awesome map. Nice close quarters map with plenty of routes around the map. Maybe a bit too many power ups, especially since you can collect Overshield and Camo within a few seconds of each other. Could end up being messy. :lol

Don't forget to Select Object, Press B and click Edit Coordinates. It will snap it to the in-game units. Makes it way easier to align things and also gets rid of the odd bumps when linking objects. Also gets rid of weird gaps in the map.

Overall I think your map has some good potential.

:lol Thanks. I wasn't expecting anything good. It was definitely a mess around map placing objects sloppily trying to compile a map a few friends and I could play in while we wait for someone to get on/out of matchmaking. It started off as the room with the sniper and tower. Then the next day I just decided to expand and put it together. I'll clean it up and remove alot of the things to atleast make it more appealing to the eye. :lol

Definitely helped me out though. I am getting the hang of forge and hope to make maps like the rest of yall.

Yeah it's a good system, but I was a little taken aback at first by being able to see all the objectives at once in basic editing. I think that some of the items like initial spawns don't need to have a label, but it's there just in case.

I am pretty upset that sequential KOTH is broken, though. Hopefully that can be fixed in an update.

Appreciate the thanks, it was kinda tough trying to describe some of the maps and I tried my best to come up with stuff to talk about unique to the maps, but some of them people just need to play them to understand. And I bet it is a bitch getting people to test them since, to even know if certain things work you need an ass load of people who are willing to do it.

Raide

InfectedZero said:
Appreciate the thanks, it was kinda tough trying to describe some of the maps and I tried my best to come up with stuff to talk about unique to the maps, but some of them people just need to play them to understand. And I bet it is a bitch getting people to test them since, to even know if certain things work you need an ass load of people who are willing to do it.

Hopefully we can arrange some HaloGAF customs and test out some of the ForgeGAF creations. It is great to see people come up with so many inventive ways to make maps, despite the actually parts being exactly the same. All Bungie has to do is add some DLC with more shapes and maybe some prefab buildings etc and it will be awesome.

32 Initial Spawns and 118 Respawn Points placed. Jesus Christ, that was boring. I also put two respawn zones to cover red side and blue side respectively. I don't even know if that's right, but hey. Nearly time to get people to break it and complain about spawns.

McNei1y

Raide said:
Hopefully we can arrange some HaloGAF customs and test out some of the ForgeGAF creations. It is great to see people come up with so many inventive ways to make maps, despite the actually parts being exactly the same. All Bungie has to do is add some DLC with more shapes and maybe some prefab buildings etc and it will be awesome.

I really wish they didn't have item set limitations. I find it really hard to make walls and stuff. I hope they come out with more designs and higher limits so we can actually use alot of the money.

I don't see why some things are so limited in forge. Why cant they just have an ass load of stuff? There really needs to be more variety, we need some covenant structures and human ones too. Not saying I don't love all the Forerunner stuff.

Repgnar

UltimaPooh said:
Needs the next gen filter.

Haha, was messing around with the lights and that was the only one I was going to consider. I think i'm gonna go back and try to place the rocks in similar positions that they're in Gears. When I do that I'll put in the next gen and get some opinions on that. Wasn't a big fan of color changed levels but next gen looks easy on the eyes so I may just do it. For those that have tried it, how were the weapon locations and spawns? The weapon spawns were loosely based off the Gears level but before I knew it there were 5 power weapons, 3 of which were close to each other. I haven't had a chance to play with more than 2 people but I should be able to test the spawns with more people this weekend.

Mongeese suck. Everyone should make their race map with ghosts.

Whats the point of a huge jump if the physics are so terrible that you instantly crash no matter what?

Raide

McNei1y said:
I really wish they didn't have item set limitations. I find it really hard to make walls and stuff. I hope they come out with more designs and higher limits so we can actually use alot of the money.

Personally I would love them to add prefab rooms. Various sizes of box rooms with 1 or more doorways, which will make it easier than having to carefully place 6+ separate pieces. :lol

Also, please have doors that you can open and close. Please! I want to be able to bring secret doors and rooms back, like Doom.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
So I don't have Reach myself but will be going over to a friends in the next few days and play for a few hours.

Are there any good remakes of old (original) Tribes maps like Blastside?

McNei1y

Raide said:
Personally I would love them to add prefab rooms. Various sizes of box rooms with 1 or more doorways, which will make it easier than having to carefully place 6+ separate pieces. :lol

Also, please have doors that you can open and close. Please! I want to be able to bring secret doors and rooms back, like Doom.

Speaking of that, do they have command functions in this game? Say like Zanzibar and the panel?

Shake Appeal said:
32 Initial Spawns and 118 Respawn Points placed. Jesus Christ, that was boring. I also put two respawn zones to cover red side and blue side respectively. I don't even know if that's right, but hey. Nearly time to get people to break it and complain about spawns.
Remember that you don't want to set Respawn Zones if your map is going to be played in Team Slayer because then each team will always spawn in teh same spots and spawn camping ensues, they are essentially for Objective gametypes where you want Red/Blue team to have fixed spawns.

I had an issue with that back in Halo 3 and after that I remembered to only set them when the gametype in Forge was an objective game type.

How does Reach's Forge handle changing gametypes while forging to set different things for different gametypes, liek Bomb plants, flag plants, oddballs and hills/territories? I heard its no longer like H3's but with some sort of tagging system that is more streamlined?

Cuban Legend said:
Remember that you don't want to set Respawn Zones if your map is going to be played in Team Slayer because then each team will always spawn in teh same spots and spawn camping ensues, they are essentially for Objective gametypes where you want Red/Blue team to have fixed spawns.
I think "Game-Specific: True" addresses this, but I guess I'll find out when people hammer the map in the wild.

Cuban Legend said:
How does Reach's Forge handle changing gametypes while forging to set different things for different gametypes, liek Bomb plants, flag plants, oddballs and hills/territories? I heard its no longer like H3's but with some sort of tagging system that is more streamlined?
It's cool, but has it's drawbacks. If you're editing CTF and want to change to Assault, you have to save what you have, end the game, and restart it in the Assault setting. It's a bit more cumbersome than in H3, but I think overall it will end up being a better system to work with.

EDIT: No, no command functions. Closest thing that comes to it is the gated feature with Invasion.

Bread

Banned
Here's my map Death Mountain. I didn't take any pictures yet, but if any of you want to download and check it out and give me some feedback that would be great. I consider it to be in Beta right now, so some changes will be made.

Raide

After a few tweaks, and spawn done (hopefully) Death Trap is finished. 2v2 at max, plus I did pop in a marker for KotH (No idea how it will work with 2v2 :lol)

If anyone feels like downloading, just to check my spawns are correct, that would be awesome. Thanks ForgeGAF.

Link HERE

At the risk of being lost at the bottom of the page for people who view in 50s, you can now download my map.

Ardis

Ardis4.jpg

(Link to file.)

I'd recommend 6-12 players, with 4v4 CTF being the sweet spot. It should support all variants of flag (incl. Neutral) and slayer, but nothing else (yet).

Go nuts. Break it. Find bugs. Tell me what is shit about it, or what is good.

Top Bottom