• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Forge |OT| - Create, Share & Kill

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kind of a useless post without pictures, but me and a few friends are currently working on 2fort. Its going to be awesome. Someone already made a 2fort, but its far more disproportioned than the one I'm making. There's already a TF2 (FFA) gametype available on my fileshare though, and the description is wrong. You can choose between Demoman, Scout, Spy, Sniper and Medic classes (Preferences set to Spartan). I'll be updating and reupping the gametype when I fix a few tweaks and release the 2fort map.

Get the gametype here. Any good tutorials out for Forge yet regarding the object limit and improvisation? 2fort is running low on everything D:

I also will test any 4-6 player maps for people, since I play a ton of local MP.

Butane123

Ah, completely forgot about this thread....

Here is a repost from the main thread I made last night.

Changed around a lot of weapon spawns and added a ton of new spawn points to try to balance it out from the last time I posted it in this thread.

Map link: Recluse

Info: I've only played Team Slayer Pro and Stockpile on it, but it was fun and everything worked well. Played well with 5v5, might even work with 6v6. Currently does not support KotH variants or Infection.

JsHzP.jpg

c1X16.jpg

K2oAt.jpg

Foxix Von

Foxix said:
Well I'm sure all my hard work will go completely ignored since I'm posting at the end of the page :lol

Anyway I just finished my first map! I call it, Phobia! You can download the map here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3451602&player=Fireclad and I pretty much designed it to go along exclusively with this King of the Hill variation: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3451528

My friends and I used to play shotgun/plasma grenade KotH on midship for houuurs. Anyway I wanted to make something just as fun. It's sort of a work in progress but if anyone plays it please give me some feedback as I'm sure my spawn points are more that dodgy and definitely need work. Here are some photos.

WFlq1.jpg

aCaTB.jpg

nymqs.jpg

Wow those came out dark haha! Anyway yeah... I had to add some lights so you could actually see but... well I think it adds to the mystique of the level. I probably won't get to play with the map myself since my friends suck, so I'm sort of relying on GAF on this one haha. Turn up the brightness for this one folks!

Oh and a comment on the primary man cannon leading up to the weapon/teleportation room: don't try to sneak up behind it, you'll miss your mark completely so be sure to go around and through the ramp and hit it head on or you'll surely fail. If somehow you manage to get machine gun all the way over there, jump up on the ledge beside the cannon and then on top of it. With the cannon you're too heavy so you've got to approach the MC in a different way, but you CAN make it!

Wow one more thing! On the vertical hill (you'll know the one as it's the 3rd pictured above) it is indeed possible to make it to the top levitator. I've just made it intentionally challenging to time your jump and crouch properly to avoid getting to the power weapon cash too easily via that route.

The least challenging route is to take the cannon on the right, and wrap up around to the cannon seen in picture 2 which will shoot you up to the Power weapon cache. Oh and you may want to crouch after hitting the secondary cannon ;) I'll shut up now.

electricpirate said:
Looks awesome, I will try to figure it out ;)

I just realized how little sense my previous post made sorry, it's not really complicated or anything I was just sleepy :lol Anyway I look forward to seeing what someone else thinks :D

Azar

ckohler said:
Here's my first map:

"A Bridge Too Far"

It took me about eight hours to make. It's three giant bridges that span nearly the entire length of Forge World. It's set up as a race from one end to the other. Lots of high-altitude antics make this a difficult race but very fun. It's so long that three laps take almost 10 minutes to complete! I spent a lot of time lovingly making it look realistic by putting in little details and making the structures have real support beams (even though they don't have to have them). It's made for racing on mongoose however you can also race (with difficulty) on Ghosts.

Just tried this with a friend, and the design is awesome! I love your bridges, and driving on them full speed on a mongoose is fun. Here are some suggestions:
The bridges are cool, but driving from one end to the other and then back is very linear. Three laps gets pretty boring. Maybe you could add some jumps on the bridges, add more obstacles to the maps, or turn it into a loop instead of a straight there-and-back design.

Anyone have any suggestions for making jetpacks less effective on a map? After my first playtest my friends said that jetpacks were pretty OP on the my map. I just added some needlers, plasma pistols, and a few floating pieces of cover at 45 degrees. Finally I added another route to make going on foot more rewarding. Anything else I can do?

Going to take some photos at lunch today. I'm really happy with the way it's coming out, and even with the jetpacks reducing the combat to fly and die there's a nugget of something really fun in it :D

Raide

electricpirate said:
Anyone have any suggestions for making jetpacks less effective on a map? After my first playtest my friends said that jetpacks were pretty OP on the my map. I just added some needlers, plasma pistols, and a few floating pieces of cover at 45 degrees. Finally I added another route to make going on foot more rewarding. Anything else I can do?

Going to take some photos at lunch today. I'm really happy with the way it's coming out, and even with the jetpacks reducing the combat to fly and die there's a nugget of something really fun in it :D

The main thing seems to be adding areas on the map where people on foot get a good view of the Jetpack players, without standing out in the open. Also, Jetpackers are pretty vulnerable out in the open, so DMR's and Nerfles are great for bringing them down to earth. :D

I'm creating my first invasion map and I can't figure out how to place a bomb on the map. I have a capture plate placed as a invasion_obj which works fine as an individual objective (just stand there for 20 seconds and move on to phase 3). How would I make it so that you have to plant a bomb there to move onto phase 3? I've tried messing around with various labels but to no success.

Raide

koshunter said:
I'm creating my first invasion map and I can't figure out how to place a bomb on the map. I have a capture plate placed as a invasion_obj which works fine as an individual objective (just stand there for 20 seconds and move on to phase 3). How would I make it so that you have to plant a bomb there to move onto phase 3? I've tried messing around with various labels but to no success.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=28649

Worth a read to get the basics.

Hey had 55 downloads so far anyone give my level Man Cannon Forever a shot? If you have please lemme know what you think. Again I def recommend playing with regen health. Also I will be making a bumper version with railings.

ckohler

Azar said:
Just tried this with a friend, and the design is awesome! I love your bridges, and driving on them full speed on a mongoose is fun. Here are some suggestions:
The bridges are cool, but driving from one end to the other and then back is very linear. Three laps gets pretty boring. Maybe you could add some jumps on the bridges, add more obstacles to the maps, or turn it into a loop instead of a straight there-and-back design.
Thanks. I actually didn't intend for it to be a race map when I built it. I was just interested in building giant bridges for fun but then decided to add race flags and kill zones to see how it was done. I don't think I'll mess around with improving it too much as there are better race tracks out there. Maybe someone will find these bridges useful for other map variants.

I'm making another large structure now that is along the same lines; a useful bit of architecture that others can use to build games upon. I'll post it soon.

6 people have downloaded Boat :( the game really needs a matchmaking option for custom maps, I doubt it will make any other play list suffer if you make it a 0 cR one, at least give us the ability to play our maps with randoms!

Raide

Diablohead said:
6 people have downloaded Boat :( the game really needs a matchmaking option for custom maps, I doubt it will make any other play list suffer if you make it a 0 cR one, at least give us the ability to play our maps with randoms!

We need to get the customs going so we can all test and tweak our maps. Much easier to show off maps if they are problem free and flow well.

Raide said:
The main thing seems to be adding areas on the map where people on foot get a good view of the Jetpack players, without standing out in the open. Also, Jetpackers are pretty vulnerable out in the open, so DMR's and Nerfles are great for bringing them down to earth. :D

Yup, that's what I tried to do here, add a bit more cover, and a few more long range weapons. I can't wait to try it again tonight :). I also added a soft kill up there, just to send all those icari a little reminder.

So here's what it looks like, geometry, spawns, KOTH, and CTF in place. Tonight I'm going to do another playtest, and make some final tweaks before throwing it into my fileshare. It's roughly based on Q3DM16, I took all my favorite parts of that map, mashed them together, made it symmetrical, and added some bases for CTF.

Screenshot-1.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

3 levels (with a little half passage between the basement and ground floor. Macannons get you to the middle really quickly. but you'll have to fight your way to get to the bases. Sniper up top, long respawn, 1 on map at a time. There's a pro-pipe and shotgun in the two underground tunnels. Each side has

2x DMR
1x Nerfle
2x Needler
1x Plasma Pistol
1 Repeater
1x Concusion rifle
2x Plasma
4x Frag

Raide

electricpirate said:
Yup, that's what I tried to do here, add a bit more cover, and a few more long range weapons. I can't wait to try it again tonight :). I also added a soft kill up there, just to send all those icari a little reminder.

So here's what it looks like, geometry, spawns, KOTH, and CTF in place. Tonight I'm going to do another playtest, and make some final tweaks before throwing it into my fileshare.

3 levels (with a little half passage between the basement and ground floor. Macannons get you to the middle really quickly. but you'll have to fight your way to get to the bases. Sniper up top, long respawn, 1 on map at a time. There's a pro-pipe and shotgun in the two underground tunnels. Each side has

2x DMR
1x Nerfle
2x Needler
1x Plasma Pistol
1 Repeater
1x Concusion rifle
2x Plasma
4x Frag

Love the layout. I dunno about other people, but I love symmetrical maps. It means people cannot complain that part of the map is unbalanced and leads to some really cool battles.

Thanks!

Yea, Symmetrical maps are some of my favorite too, It's something Reach didn't really focus on out of the box (Zealot and Countdown as far as new maps, add sanctuary for another). I'm afraid 4 vs 4 may get a bit crazy on it, as 3 person FFA was pretty playable in my first version, hopefully all the new cover I added will make it more interesting.

Azar

You can never have too many symmetrical slayer/ctf maps! You were the one worrying about jetpackers over in the OT right? From my experience matchmaking, jetpackers tend to get focused and blasted pretty fast, so I bet you have pleeenty of cover for ground peeps.

Looking forward to it.

Also, when is Sir Fragula going to put his frigate up for us to play, dammit.

JimmyBoy

electricpirate said:

So here's what it looks like, geometry, spawns, KOTH, and CTF in place. Tonight I'm going to do another playtest, and make some final tweaks before throwing it into my fileshare. It's roughly based on Q3DM16, I took all my favorite parts of that map, mashed them together, made it symmetrical, and added some bases for CTF.

2x DMR
1x Nerfle
2x Needler
1x Plasma Pistol
1 Repeater
1x Concusion rifle
2x Plasma
4x Frag

Looking forward to testing this out - it looks like fast and frantic fun.

DD-11

Here's my second attempt: CTF-Sierra. This one is a symmetrical CTF map. It'd probably accommodate larger teams, but I can't really be sure. My biggest problem was rock conservation--I could have used about 20 or more rocks.

I envision no AA on loadouts, AR/pistol starts. Weapons on the map:
Base: 2 DMRs and an AR
Pit: Rockets, needler, shotty, two plasma grenades
Tunnel: Needler Rifle
Perches: two sniper rifles

Here's a look inside the base. Teleporter leads to sniper position in the background. So if an annoying sniper is harassing your base, he got there via your teleporter. The one-way shield there is a sneaky way into the base.
reach_3538385_Full1.jpg

Down into the pit. Fight through to the other side (man cannon here to boost to base level as an alternate way to the base), through the tunnel, up the lift and you'll find your self in the middle of the enemy's base.
tunnel.jpg

Here's the tunnel that goes through the mountain. Straight through, up the ramp leads to the blue base. There's a health pack in the middle-left, and the hallway right leads...
reach_3537928_Full.jpg

..to the AA room that includes cloak, sprint, holo and evade.
reach_3537910_Full.jpg

Here's a look from a sniper's perch.
reach_3537911_Full.jpg

Here's an over head. You can see the placement of sniper nests on each side of the map. The tunnel is at the lower part of the map. And the pit is at the top.
reach_3538402_Full.jpg

Link (file set): File Set

Azar

Just did a run through Sierra. Seriously awesome. I really want to set up some custom games and try out CTF on it. Couple things I was thinking about while walking through the map:

• There's a little bit of graphical glitching on the railing in red base. Doesn't really matter, obviously, just something you could tweak.
  • The mancannons up to each base (or at least red base) activate the boundary warning. Might want to push that ceiling up a tad just to remove that.
  • Is it intentionally designed to allow people to climb across the top from the sniper platforms and get to the bases that way? If so, pretty cool--if not, might want to change that.
  • Finally, I think the sniper perches could make assaulting the bases really frustrating. They have such a good view of the base, and plenty of ammo. Replacing the snipers with DMRs, or putting 1 sniper in a neutral position, may make offense an easier proposition. But, like I said, I haven't played a real game on it.

DD-11

Azar said:
Just did a run through Sierra. Seriously awesome. I really want to set up some custom games and try out CTF on it. Couple things I was thinking about while walking through the map:

• There's a little bit of graphical glitching on the railing in red base. Doesn't really matter, obviously, just something you could tweak.
  • The mancannons up to each base (or at least red base) activate the boundary warning. Might want to push that ceiling up a tad just to remove that.
  • Is it intentionally designed to allow people to climb across the top from the sniper platforms and get to the bases that way? If so, pretty cool--if not, might want to change that.
  • Finally, I think the sniper perches could make assaulting the bases really frustrating. They have such a good view of the base, and plenty of ammo. Replacing the snipers with DMRs, or putting 1 sniper in a neutral position, may make offense an easier proposition. But, like I said, I haven't played a real game on it.

Thanks! I have to admit that weapon placement/balance is something I'm a little unsure about.

I did work hard to make an interesting map to look at/play and avoid texture glitches. I'll look at the railing issue.

I thought I fixed that. I'll do some more tweaks. The problem I wanted to avoid is people griefing by hiding on top of the mountain.

I thought about the sniper perches becoming over powered, and I could reduce the ammo or move them altogether, but there is enough time for a direct perch-perch assault before the soft kill zone claims you. So if the sniper is being dominant, you can get him from behind. If this still isn't enough, I thought about making a path from perch to perch. We'll see how playtests go.

Again, thanks a lot for downloading and your feedback. I've spent the vast majority of my time in forge, it's oddly addicting and I'm glad to hear your (mostly) positive feedback.

Looks good on Sierra, I'll give it a download but I don't have enough people who like CTF to really give it a good try. :(

My next map is coming along pretty well, focusing on architecture this time :D

Raide

Downloaded Sierra and had a run around. Looks really nice, you just need to tweak a bit of the geometry to flatten things out. A few bumps here and there that mess the flow up a bit.

Same as Azar, The Sniper perches make it way to easy to be overlooking the enemy spawn, especially since you can hop over quickly and respawn right in the enemy base. :lol You could team lock the teleports to prevent that happening. Other than grabbing the Sniper, they seem to serve no purpose if you cannot roam around the rocks, though it could lead to some pretty nasty spawn camping.

Overall a really nice map. We need to get it into customs and test the hell out of it! :D

DD-11

Seems like there's a bunch of suggestions about the sniper placement, and I can see the problems.

Would putting DMRs up there instead help?

Should I then take out one of both the DMRs in the base and replace them with...? There's a needle rifle in the tunnel.

Thanks for the feedback.

Raide

DD-11 said:
Seems like there's a bunch of suggestions about the sniper placement, and I can see the problems.

Would putting DMRs up there instead help?

Should I then take out one of both the DMRs in the base and replace them with...? There's a needle rifle in the tunnel.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would personally remove the Sniper holes. I would concentrate on the flow of the map, since you have the higher and lower parts. Think about the map from an Offence and Defence viewpoint. Look for those good spots to provide cover, or nice spots to take down a flag runner.

Keep the DMR, since its handy to have when it comes to ranged defence.

Keep up the great work!

Retro

Raide said:

Tried this out earlier today. A few notes;

- What's with the teleport pads on top of the archways? They didn't seem to do anything, nor did I see any teleporters on the map.

- The ramps leading up to the tops seem really exposed. Maybe some kind of pillar or post, or even some railings might help.

- There's at least two places where you've forced players to jump rather than having smooth ramps. It looks nicer, but it seems kind of disjointed. Not sure what to suggest here.

Otherwise, a very interesting, solid map.

-PXG-

Accidentally posted this in the regular thread. Forget this existed. Anyway...My Gears of War inspired gametypes and maps.

Gametype:

- GOW_W/S_beta_1.0 (Slayer edit)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3489907&player=PXG 360

Maps:

- BW_G_beta_1.1 (Boardwalk edit)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3642310&player=PXG 360

- PH_G_beta_1.0 (Powerhouse edit)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3486127&player=PXG 360

Download, play and comment please. Thanks. Be sure to play the Slayer variant on either of those maps. Also, this is best played with 6-10 people. So, 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5.

GhaleonEB

Kapura said:
Anybody take a peak at my map yet? I'm starved for feedback :/
I'll download several tonight and give them a few run throughs, yours included. We can always make sure they get a game in during customs if you want playtesting. If you do I'll make sure that it gets tossed in the mix this week.

Retro

-PXG- said:
Accidentally posted this in the regular thread. Forget this existed. Anyway...My Gears of War inspired gametypes and maps.

I thought it was an interesting change when we played it earlier today... It feels a bit slow, but that feels intentional... I'm not sure about the scoring system; does it have to start an entirely new round every time someone is killed? I never played GoW Multiplayer, so I dunno how it works.

It was fun. Next time we run some customs, I'll mention it and see what's what.

Kapura said:
Added to Download, will probably look at it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works, though it's just gonna be me alone... nobody likes customs =(

Havok

Kapura said:
I'm in the same boat, just queued yours up for download, I'll check it out in a few minutes and hopefully have a post up in a few hours about it!
Edit: I've tooled around a bit, and I'm pretty impressed. I can't say much without actual matches for experience, but it does remind me spatially of Turf, and in a lot of ways, Colossus, which was a really unique map at the time. Just a few things; I was unable to pick up the Plasma repeated on the taller structure, and I'm a little concerned with possible sniper camping up on the diagonal structure that reaches to the ceiling on the green side.

So, anyone here play my map? I just wanted to know if it was frustrating for you and if it was more or less fun with a group of people.:D

Any-who, I'm going to work next on an Infected forge map and I was wondering a couple of things.
1) Is there a way to make objects move or spawn and disappear?
2) Is there a way to change spawns, as in have spawns happen at one point and then after some time have other spawns activate and the first ones deactivated?
3) I'll check this one out soon, but is there a way to have checkpoints like in a race during an infected game? I'm going to guess no since it would need to be in race mode.

zumphry

Banned
ps5fB.jpg

Some screwing around on Forge World. Just seeing what it'd be like to see Pinnacle destroyed as a nice easter egg/thing in the distance of a map I'm trying to find a way to (re)make in the Quarry.

So, I had a dream last night. It was about Forge. And I dreamed of this (obviously not finished yet):

6877s3.jpg

I can't wait to finish it. In my head, it seems like it's going to be a really great map. The actual play area will be inside this "saucer".

DD-11

Raide said:
I would personally remove the Sniper holes. I would concentrate on the flow of the map, since you have the higher and lower parts. Think about the map from an Offence and Defence viewpoint. Look for those good spots to provide cover, or nice spots to take down a flag runner.

Keep the DMR, since its handy to have when it comes to ranged defence.

Keep up the great work!

I'll give it a try and maybe do a little geometry adjustments while I'm at it.

Oh, and if there's another custom game going on, I'd love to get it in for some in-game testing.

Raide

Retro said:
Tried this out earlier today. A few notes;

- What's with the teleport pads on top of the archways? They didn't seem to do anything, nor did I see any teleporters on the map.

- The ramps leading up to the tops seem really exposed. Maybe some kind of pillar or post, or even some railings might help.

- There's at least two places where you've forced players to jump rather than having smooth ramps. It looks nicer, but it seems kind of disjointed. Not sure what to suggest here.

Otherwise, a very interesting, solid map.

1) Teleport...yes, there is one. I like putting secret things in my map. Did you notice what is parked on the hill overlooking the map? :D

2) Yeah, I will add some kind of cover for those ramps.

3) I will have a look at those bits. I might have to move things around. It seemed like some of the parts links just made those annoying jumps.

Thanks for the feedback. Will work on those.

Edit:

Ok, I have got rid of those bumps. The top hill still has the jump into it. Cover has been added to the top ramps and also to the lower platforms, just to provide a bit more cover as you make the climb.

reach_3725122_Full-1.jpg

NOKYARD said:
Nice structure. Looks very promising.

Do you find you now forging with a controller in one hand, and a calculator in the other?

Haha, no... At least not yet. :p

So basically the bottom half will be the same, but mirrored from the top. Although, I've been thinking about trying to make it into a sphere, or a bio-dome or something. I may mess around with this later today after work. I will post my progress afterwards. :D

chess

-Yeti said:
So, I had a dream last night. It was about Forge. And I dreamed of this (obviously not finished yet):

6877s3.jpg

I can't wait to finish it. In my head, it seems like it's going to be a really great map. The actual play area will be inside this "saucer".

awesome!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i found a way to get my halo fix despite having a broken hand... FORGE!

here is what i spent most of my day yesterday working on, hydrology. Hydrology is a symmetrical map that was designed mainly for 4v4 team slayer, but lone wolf slayer should work as well.

5034011590_4e0fca1e33_b.jpg

hydrology is composed of the red and blue bases (top and bottom of large pic), the inverted radar dish with rockets, the base below the dish with the sword (barely visible in upper small pic on the left), a large enclosed playspace with shotgun and mancannon, and various walkways moving between each.

a bit difficult to tell from screens, but the map should be pretty straight forward after a brief run through. please play and give me feedback. (yeah, i know, the load-out camera is facing backwards!)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3754194&player=LoopOfHenle

Retro

-Yeti said:

6877s3.jpg

Wow... I'd love to experiment with that in a map I'm developing, It'd be perfect... any chance you can post how you made it? I can wait until you're done and check it out in Forge, but I'd love to include that in my new map (which right now I'm calling 'Reverse Valhalla', but probably will end up quite a bit different from the H3 map.)

-Yeti said:
Haha, no... At least not yet. :p

So basically the bottom half will be the same, but mirrored from the top. Although, I've been thinking about trying to make it into a sphere, or a bio-dome or something. I may mess around with this later today after work. I will post my progress afterwards. :D

Sadly, there are no plants in the Forgeworld kit.. but you could use rocks to make it a 'natural' area.

Raide said:
1) Teleport...yes, there is one. I like putting secret things in my map. Did you notice what is parked on the hill overlooking the map? :D

2) Yeah, I will add some kind of cover for those ramps.

3) I will have a look at those bits. I might have to move things around. It seemed like some of the parts links just made those annoying jumps.

Thanks for the feedback. Will work on those.

Edit:

Ok, I have got rid of those bumps. The top hill still has the jump into it. Cover has been added to the top ramps and also to the lower platforms, just to provide a bit more cover as you make the climb.

reach_3725122_Full-1.jpg

Looks fantastic, and that amount of cover is exactly what I was imagining. You just seem really exposed on those upper ramps, so having somewhere to sprint to when you're getting picked off is great. As for the ramp connections, I think the top is fine... as for the lower ones, maybe put in some kind of pillars or something on either side of the ramps, so players don't run towards the ramps and end up in the small corners?

I'll have to check out your map again for the teleport. I never have enough pieces left to hide stuff outside of the map as scenery =(

Okay, Bounce V1 is now in my file share.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3761666&player=electricpirate

We tested 3 vs 3 team slayer, and a 3 vs 4 flag game. Found some issues:
1) my spawns in flag games were super broken,
1.1) spawning next to the enemies flag FTL. :lol
2) Hard death ceiling was hilariously low ("I fell to my death while my jetpack was sending me up",
3) players were a bit confused as to which side they were on when down low, or in the middle
4) sniper was getting naded off it's spawn location, reducing the need to fight for said position.
5) I accidentally set one of the flag bunkers to only appear in Headhunter. Damn you overly precise selector tool! My facial reaction when I went to go grab the red base flag and realized it was floating 3 feet in the air mut have been priceless. :lol
6) Mancannon angles were slightly off, and it was too far off the floor.

I adjusted the lights to make it more clear as to what side you are in when you are down beneath or in the middle passage, and I added some railings on the sniper to catch careless players (no more easy backpedal escape to down low), and make it harder to nade the sniper off the top platform. I fixed the hard ceiling, and added flag respawn zones, and some hard anti respawn zones for CTF so you shouldn't spawn into the opposing side's base anymore.

3 vs 3 or 2 vs 2 slayer is really its sweet spot, and 3 vs 3 CTF was pretty fun despite the terrible spawns. Hopefully with spawn zones set up it will play much better. Probably needs instant flag returns too, having to babysit that shit is hard when 3 guys can get an angle on you in 2 seconds:lol. I haven't tested with the new spawns yet, so maybe I totally fucked em, but It's time to let my baby fly :). I have headhunter, KoTH and stockpile set up, but I haven't done much past the reqs for those, so you are taking your life into your hands if you try those gametypes ;).

At this point I like it, and am confident in it(though I know other gametypes need work), so if you play it, feel free to be brutal :D.

Definity

electricpirate said:
1.1) spawning next to the enemies flag FTL. :lol

What is the best way to avoid that behavior without using team spawns? If you look in the stock forge maps most of the spawns are neutral with the exception of the starting spawns for team games.

Is there spawn zones that I'm missing?

In my maps I've always set the spawns manually with the team color options but that's a pain.

Definity said:
What is the best way to avoid that behavior without using team spawns? If you look in the stock forge maps most of the spawns are neutral with the exception of the starting spawns for team games.

Is there spawn zones that I'm missing?

In my maps I've always set the spawns manually with the team color options but that's a pain.

From what I read, the best way is to put strong respawn zones on defensive side, and anti respawn zones on the other side. That's what I did, in my next playtest I'll see if it works. For CTF I labeled the Respawn zones as flag at home, then one a little farther out as flag away.

A said, I haven't playtested since "Fixing" so I may have just made it worse.

Raide

Retro said:
Looks fantastic, and that amount of cover is exactly what I was imagining. You just seem really exposed on those upper ramps, so having somewhere to sprint to when you're getting picked off is great. As for the ramp connections, I think the top is fine... as for the lower ones, maybe put in some kind of pillars or something on either side of the ramps, so players don't run towards the ramps and end up in the small corners?

I'll have to check out your map again for the teleport. I never have enough pieces left to hide stuff outside of the map as scenery =(

I will have another look at those ramps and see what I can do. Thanks for at least downloading and giving me some feedback.

I like leaving little things in my maps. :D

The Lamonster said:
Some of you guys are insane. In a good way.

Seriously, Forge is Halo Crack. I just hope Bungie keep on supplying us with teh goods to keep on making stuff.

Top Bottom