• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

MrBig

Got a message from shogun via xbl

fyi i didnt make that gif i simply reposted it and i didnt go out of my way to call evilore out if anything i said the ot community was over reacting. its only a 2 week ban anyhow and it was funny as hell how it went down

e: more people for customs would be appreciated. only 4 of us

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
Got a message from shogun via xbl

e: more people for customs would be appreciated. only 4 of us

Wow. You guys are slacking with only 4. I'd play but I doubt anyone wants the king of Suckitude on their team. lmao

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The Invasion winning map was not fun. Placing the objective on a big bridge where teams gather and fight and have that bridge magically disappear during a round transition, killing a ton of people and causing betrayals (and on Live, team booting) wasn't the best idea.

Also, Abridged is huge. I know it's designed for BTB but you could fit 32 players on that map and still have plenty of room!

ElRenoRaven

Dani said:
The Invasion winning map was not fun. Placing the objective on a big bridge where teams gather and fight and have that bridge magically disappear during a round transition, killing a ton of people and causing betrayals (and on Live, team booting) wasn't the best idea.

Also, Abridged is huge. I know it's designed for BTB but you could fit 32 players on that map and still have plenty of room!

Yes you could. If that was the winner of Invasion then maybe there shouldn't have been a winner in that category.

And yea. Abridged is freaking huge. Way too big for 16 players.

Dug

Banned
Bregmann Roche said:
Good games everybody. Thanks.

Maybe next Customs we can get 40-50 people and play Abridged the way it was meant to be played.
The gaiety derived from your post exceeded my self-control tolerances, good sir! You are to be applauded for your efforts!

Havok

Dani said:

I just downloaded it to check it out, and yeah, what the fuck is up with that?

ElRenoRaven

Yea we do. It was fun tonight. I added those maps we were talking about to my file share for those interested. Those are the best remakes I have seen yet and of course that crazy assed master Chief's raceway and that High Tide one. That one's a blast for race. Literally it is with the mines placed on it. lol

One note on the Prisoner one though. I found it but changed one thing in it and it saved it under my name. Just know I didn't do it though minus the one very very minor tweak of removing one tile. Wish I could remember the original authors name. He did such a great job.

zumphry

Banned
Dani said:

The maps proved that the winners don't know the difference between synonyms and antonyms, though.

"Hey, Billy Bob, what should we call our map?" "Uh, is it in the air?" "Heehee yup!" "WELL LET'S CALL IT GROUNDED BOBBY SUE!"

ElRenoRaven

Yea. The names sure seemed to describe the maps exactly the opposite of what they really were. It really was very sad.

And boy playing co-op online seems to be pointless. Maybe 1 person votes. Then the other 3 quit cause they didn't get what they wanted even though they didn't vote. What a freaking waste of time even trying to have some fun in co-op

ElRenoRaven

Kuroyume said:
Oh come on... Seriously? I'm guessing the others are jetpack friendly too?

Pretty much. The only one that was decent was the one we played CTF on. Well that and some of the other customs that weren't contest ones. The only downside to it was the sniper made it very one sided on that map.

That reminds me too. Whoever had that Foundation remake if you have a finished version that has the platform on the other side send me a link. I'd love to download the completed version.

zumphry

Banned
Kuroyume said:
Oh come on... Seriously? I'm guessing the others are jetpack friendly too?

Enclosed is three stories, so it is somewhat jetpack friendly, but it's really open and if the other team gets the lead you are pretty much restricted to your "base".

Atonement was pretty good for a CTF map, and shouldn't be jetpack friendly (only the bases have more than one story).

I wasn't in for any Treasury games, so I don't know how that would play.

As for the other maps..

Saucered was confusing, especially the last phase. Second phase was horrible due to having the capture points WHERE THE MAP EXPLODES AND DELETES THE BRIDGE AT, like Dani said.

Abridged was way too big, and was some horrible mishmash of Symmetrical and Asymmetrical maps.

Cobra was fun in race, but once there's a leader, it's hard to catch up. Rocket race could work if the destinations aren't set to random.

PsychoRaven said:
Pretty much. The only one that was decent was the one we played CTF on. Well that and some of the other customs that weren't contest ones. The only downside to it was the sniper made it very one sided on that map.

That reminds me too. Whoever had that Foundry remake if you have a finished version that has the platform on the other side send me a link. I'd love to download the completed version.

And thanks to customs, I know that Roost's spawning needs work. At least it's not too broken.

As for the Foundation fix, I'll remind myself to do it and send it to you. Should fix the Noble Creek map with it, since Bomb is screwed up.

ElRenoRaven

ZayneH said:
Enclosed is three stories, so it is somewhat jetpack friendly, but it's really open and if the other team gets the lead you are pretty much restricted to your "base".

Atonement was pretty good for a CTF map, and shouldn't be jetpack friendly (only the bases have more than one story).

I wasn't in for any Treasury games, so I don't know how that would play.

As for the other maps..

Saucered was confusing, especially the last phase. Second phase was horrible due to having the capture points WHERE THE MAP EXPLODES AND DELETES THE BRIDGE AT, like Dani said.

Abridged was way too big, and was some horrible mishmash of Symmetrical and Asymmetrical maps.

Cobra was fun in race, but once there's a leader, it's hard to catch up. Rocket race could work if the destinations aren't set to random.

Yup He pretty much hit it on the head. Then we played a great Foundation map which was 99 percent done minus a missing platform along with a couple of other good remakes of older halo maps.

And cool about that foundation. I may have found it in the original authors file share too. Taking a look now.

zumphry

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Yup He pretty much hit it on the head. Then we played a great Foundation map which was 99 percent done minus a missing platform along with a couple of other good remakes of older halo maps.

And cool about that foundation. I may have found it in the original authors file share too. Taking a look now.

Don't forget 2v2 Classic Bomb on Roost and Neoism sniping both of us over and over again. Might have to swap the Snipers with Focus Rifles and or just put one bullet in the Snipers.
or just don't play 2v2 on a map more suited for 4v4-6v6

Striker

Abridged just seems like another classic dose of vehicles galore and lots of power weapons. Two Warthogs, Ghost, and a Falcon each. Seems kind of alot for just a map based off two small base structures and a middle that's built more around clutter than actual design. I would have liked a different variation in the island for a BTB map, though the Alaska/Montana areas are decent too, but this doesn't seem too brilliant. Just seems like there is, or will be, little freedom. I haven't checked the others out, yet.

zumphry

Banned
I know this isn't that much of an achievement to most people here, but I'm happy I got to Colonel Grade 2 tonight. Hopefully I'll be a Brigadier by Tuesday.

Also:
onyx_large_multi_kill_firefight.png

I'm gonna miss Arcade when it goes away..

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
"I could eat it every goddamn day...forever."

I went on quite the rampage to start that game on Holdout.

Alas, I made a rather unwise tactical decision a few moments later.

Heh, I love how it ends when I decide to get rid of jetpack (curse you first option of loadouts!!).

Though, I think the grunts mistook you for their dad and wanted to play catch with you.

__

OH! And PsychoRaven? Here's the download for the Foundation remake from the creator's fileshare.

ZayneH said:
I know this isn't that much of an achievement to most people here, but I'm happy I got to Colonel Grade 2 tonight. Hopefully I'll be a Brigadier by Tuesday.
Only if you're playing non-stop. I've been stuck on Grade 2/3 for the better part of a month now. Granted, I haven't really played the game for two weeks, and I've stopped doing challenges as well. I haven't even tried Firefight Arcade yet, damn exams. :(

zumphry

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
Only if you're playing non-stop. I've been stuck on Grade 2/3 for the better part of a month now. Granted, I haven't really played the game for two weeks, and I've stopped doing challenges as well. I haven't even tried Firefight Arcade yet, damn exams. :(

I don't play non-stop, only really play Firefight and Forge around. Never really go into Matchmaking so :/

So I just started playing Reach and I noticed that there are armor permutations out there that I don't see in my armory... do I unlock more permutations as I gain rank? I want to look like Master Chief, damnit!

Digital Limit said:
So I just started playing Reach and I noticed that there are armor permutations out there that I don't see in my armory... do I unlock more permutations as I gain rank? I want to look like Master Chief, damnit!

Yeah typically you see a armour peice a rank before you can unlock it. There are a few places on the net where you can see all the armour permutations and what rank you need to unlock them.

MrBig

Digital Limit said:
The last piece of armor unlocks at general and you can only see the armor that will unlock of the rank directly above yours.

Gui_PT said:
But there are upgrades you need to be mythic to buy.
And one helmet upgrade (the Haunted upgade for the Pilot helmet) requires the rank of Inheritor, as well as having bought every other base helmet in the game. I'm wondering when we'll see the first of those pop up.

Blueblur1 said:
So I turned 26 today. :)
Happy birthday!

MrBig

Blue Ninja said:
And one helmet upgrade (the Haunted upgade for the Pilot helmet) requires the rank of Inheritor, as well as having bought every other base helmet in the game. I'm wondering when we'll see the first of those pop up.

Happy birthday!
I have every single helmet bought and am currently working on upgrades. Maybe by the end of the summer for me if the cR payouts continue to increase like they have been.
I'm at 2.65m/20m cR.

Hey You

Blue Ninja said:
I'm willing to bet around June-ish.

They gotta run outta commendations sooner or later.

MrBig said:
I have every single helmet bought and am currently working on upgrades. Maybe by the end of the summer for me if the cR payouts continue to increase like they have been.
I'm at 2.65m/20m cR.
Goddamn, that makes you a Mythic or something, right?

How do you play this game in BTB ?

Every time I go to Big Team Slayer - 70 percent of the team quits. Then its 4 other guys raping me till the score limit is reached. I am not talking about custom games though...

Blueblur1

Thanks guys!

Unregistered007 said:

Every time I go to Big Team Slayer - 70 percent of the team quits. Then its 4 other guys raping me till the score limit is reached. I am not talking about custom games though...
You're just having a bit of bad luck. Keep at it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Unregistered007 said:

Go in with a team?

I actually liked all the maps I played on with the exception of Abridged and Saucer. I get the feeling that Saucer is a map you really need to learn in order to enjoy it/play-it-sensibly. I'm not wild about Invasion and am not likely to play it anyways so I doubt this map will bother me.

On the whole customs was great. Would buy from again. A+++++ seller.

Final thought: that Infection map is amazing. Kudos to SWAS LightningZ. Maybe he can use some of the proceeds from winning the contest to get his Caps Lock button fixed.

Top Bottom