• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

MrBig

Bregmann Roche said:
I actually liked all the maps I played on with the exception of Abridged and Saucer. I get the feeling that Saucer is a map you really need to learn in order to enjoy it/play-it-sensibly. I'm not wild about Invasion and am not likely to play it anyways so I doubt this map will bother me.

On the whole customs was great. Would buy from again. A+++++ seller.

Final thought: that Infection map is amazing. Kudos to SWAS LightningZ. Maybe he can use some of the proceeds from winning the contest to get his Caps Lock button fixed.
Reading that with your avatar scared me.

e: also Wu, the link on Cave-Ready Hog is broken

e2: Here's my moa entry. I was going to do a drawing and then i realized that the space grunts would be perfect for just a photoshoping. Click for larger.

if you dont know the reference you dont belong on the internet

Toddler

Bregmann Roche said:
I actually liked all the maps I played on with the exception of Abridged and Saucer. I get the feeling that Saucer is a map you really need to learn in order to enjoy it/play-it-sensibly. I'm not wild about Invasion and am not likely to play it anyways so I doubt this map will bother me.

On the whole customs was great. Would buy from again. A+++++ seller.

Final thought: that Infection map is amazing. Kudos to SWAS LightningZ. Maybe he can use some of the proceeds from winning the contest to get his Caps Lock button fixed.
Awesome avatar :thumbsup

neoism

guys is there any halo pc mod to better the single player experience... I've had it on PC for months but didn't play it lol.

MrBig

neoism said:
guys is there any halo pc mod to better the single player experience... I've had it on PC for months but didn't play it lol.
Look up the CMT mod for for custom edition at halomaps.
e: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=1&sid=35
there. Don't get the betas. You'll need Halo Custom Edition if you don't have that for some reason.
And here's how you load them http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=386

And this made by friend of mine http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5631
It's a whole new level

Domino Theory said:
Yeah, buy Halo 2 Vista.
You mean that bastard child that nobody plays and Bungie doesn't even acknowledge?

pakkit said:
The Youtube comments are GOLDEN.
Seeing the Chief casually strut to the Longsword makes me miss the Sprint function. :D

The comments are hilarious. "I finished this level with almost 3 minutes left, that makes me a pro."

Hey You

I guess I'll post them for today...

Weekly:

Multiplicative
Earn 200 Multikills in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.
7000cR

Dailies:

One Spartan Army
Kill 400 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.
2000cR

Helping Hand
Earn 10 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.
1600cR

Hyper Lethal Vector
Kill 150 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking.
3000cR

There Are Many Like...
Kill 100 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.
1000cR

MrBig

pakkit said:
The Youtube comments are GOLDEN.
Seeing people talk about their fucked up lives and then "im billingue i know spanish and english and my future is video game player and flute"

:lol

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
At least it's an actual weekly. Can't complain.
It's the same one from the week of December 13-19, though its worth 2,000 cR more the second time around. I figured we'd seen pretty much all there is to see on the Daily Challenge front, but this is the 4th repeated Weekly in a row.
Gui_PT said:
At least it's an actual weekly. Can't complain.
It's the same one from the week of December 13-19, though its worth 2,000 cR more the second time around. I figured we'd seen pretty much all there is to see on the Daily Challenge front, but this is the 4th repeated Weekly in a row.
Ramirez said:
Still complaining about challenges? el oh el
1) It was an observation.
2) Challenges are a stream of content, and we tend to discuss content in the Halo: Reach video game, this being a Halo: Reach discussion thread on the internet. Crazy stuff.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
When are you going to start pouring in the new stuff Urk?

Toddler said:
So I would need 29 multikills a day to hit the Weekly.

Did anyone do it last time? What's the best gametypes to use?
Play mutliteam and hope that you'll play all time Crazy King with peoples who are trying to win.

ShinAmano

Hypertrooper said:
Play mutliteam and hope that you'll play all time Crazy King with peoples who are trying to win.
That is a good strategy...

Side note I almost has a skullamanjaro...had well over 10 skulls...got killed and lost. Next game (Multiteam) I was paired up with apparently the guy who killed me...he said yeah last game was awesome I totally scored 10 skulls, i saw a guy with 10 and got the kill and the score to win...I laughed and said yeah that was me you bastard. Anyhow we ended up kicking ass together.

ShinAmano said:
I laughed and said yeah that was me you bastard. Anyhow we ended up kicking ass together.

... This is not how that kind of story usually ends.

Words on Multi Team are true. Yesterday my buddy and I played against a dude who was so offensive in the pregame lobby that his teammate quit. That's incredible.

I like this weekly. I doubt I'll be able to get it, but I like it.

Pete Rock

Hypertrooper said:
Which is incredibly unlikely, as nearly every single person I've ever played who has a mic and runs multiteam does the exact same thing to farm cheap multikills by voting for CK, creating a situation where everybody thinks the are super clever by ignoring the objective. It then turns into the most painful 10 minutes of kill yoinking and shit spawns you'll ever experience.

You should play multiteam to have fun, one of the best ways to do that is vote in Rocket Race, the only unique gametype available in the hopper. Or you could vote in Headhunter and go for the 30 second game-ending skullamanjaro move near the first power weapon spawn rush, either way...

Finished up my last RR map, until they give word of it expanding to its own playlist at some point I have very little motivation to keep working on new ideas. I'm tired of supporting a game that can't even support the gametype I actually enjoy, much like the case became with Halo 3 after they killed the playlist. I'm not really surprised the Race category winner of the Forgetacular was a completely vanilla affair, but that doesn't make it any less boring, particularly when there's no way to actually play it outside of running a custom. Typical Bungle.

Regardless I bring you Entheogenic, a case studio of Paradiso, affectionately deemed the worst default RR map in Reach. Literally all of the default structures are perilous to cogent navigation, the three bases take up an inane amount of real estate that you can't find available anywhere else on the map, and the foot bridge with the goofy lifts is incredibly painful to utilize with any speed.

I attempted to expand the dimensions of the island while cleaning up the front midsection, adding geometry where necessary to create accessible routes to the mid-level of the mountain slope while avoiding any disturbance of the ground level flow. Similarly the cannons are all placed off the main paths, facilitating rapid traversal of the map in relatively symmetrical ways, rather than throwing you into rocks across a stream that would have taken you two seconds to drive around.

I've also added two pairs of two-way teleporters on each end of the map, allowing for creative teams to make unique decisions in terms of the quickest way to reach the next destination, or allowing players who do not really enjoy the middle section to avoid the majority of it without resorting to camping one side of the map. They are located in the water underneath each arc on the base sides, and from the backyard shore near the neutral base rocks to the front of the peace sign.

Another unique twist is the utilization of the Initial Spawn for each team color, creating an initial "starting line" rush at the end of Hemorrhage, through the cave and across the shoal connecting the island. This only happens once, and then as you perish you respawn at the neutral respawns located just off the playing field on either shoal. I attempted this because it's the default behavior on Spire, although one or two teams sometimes get put at the front of the map, and I thought it was a cool way to mix things up. The other reason for it is that in Halo 3 the destinations were random except for the first one, so there was one big central rush at the start of each game where every team was in the mix. The last justification is that it's just kind of cool and it only happens once, so you aren't going to be penalized with a 6-second scenic drive every time you die.

Between that and my Carbide submission I'm afraid there's not much else I can bring myself to do relative to the time investment. I'm not trying to play customs with these, that's the last thing I intend them to be used for outside of a few playtest sessions. Really hope they find some time to roll a playlist together, particularly now that Grifball is going live tomorrow and everything else has been addressed in some form or another outside of a TU.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:

I know what you're saying, and I agree. The repetition is obvious and disappointing but what I mean is that at least this challenge won't take 15 minutes to complete.

Wizman23

Banned
So where are the vidmaster esque challenges? I had more fun with with the vidmaster stuff in Halo 3 and ODST then any of the Challenges so far in Reach. I think its safe to say now we won't be getting them either considering the game launched over 4 months ago and challenges are already repeating. What a wasted fucking opportunity. Throw me in the boat that will be glad to see the next Halo game made by someone other then Bungie.

MrBig

Wizman23 said:
So where are the vidmaster esque challenges? I had more fun with with the vidmaster stuff in Halo 3 and ODST then any of the Challenges so far in Reach. I think its safe to say now we won't be getting them either considering the game launched over 4 months ago and challenges are already repeating. What a wasted fucking opportunity. Throw me in the boat that will be glad to see the next Halo game made by someone other then Bungie.
Urk was saying they had SLASO and other types of challenges like that in store for us. They're just being pussies and think that the challenges they give us right now are actually challenging.

I only really posted to point out that we are on page 117 of the thread on the date 1/17 - awesome.

The fact that the challenges suck just doesnt suprise me anymore. Im waiting for the Vidmaster type challenges, but at this stage im wondering if internally anyone at Bungie is even thinking about the challenge system anymore? Im guessing theyre main focus is on maps/ getting forge stuff into matchmaking and theyre next big thing.

Top Bottom