• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Won only 5 games of MLG today. The people you match with are just really really awful. You gotta run with a group of 3 or more if you want to win most of your games.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
Won only 5 games of MLG today. The people you match with are just really really awful. You gotta run with a group of 3 or more if you want to win most of your games.

It doesn't help that the game loves to throw you up against groups of 4 when you're playing by yourself.

Butane123

Dani said:
HaloGAF Customs - 4 Hours from this post!

Featuring the following maps this week and more;

• Moonpool II
  • Surf
  • Truss.4
  • Trestle.b
  • Kingdom
  • Enforcer Factory
  • Bregopticon WIP
  • Yeti Dome
  • Citadel Remake
  • Rat Race Remake
  • Rift Zone
Sweet, my map got some love tonight.

What's the link to the Citadel remake? I want to check it out.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
7echnicolor said:
What's the name of that Valhalla-like map we played on tonight?

Samsara Alt v1.

It's one version of my ongoing Valhalla experiment, Samsara. I haven't got it uploaded to my fileshare just yet.

Did you like it?

Booties

Banned
343 is going to be a goliath talent-wise. They should just make PC games and take a crap on the console industry. I think those types of twists are good sport.

Anyway, awesome games with Something Awful + Juices tonight. Here is the highlighted flag cap that almost took me from base-to-base.

SWEET DRIVING BRO

Tashi

Ramirez said:
It doesn't help that the game loves to throw you up against groups of 4 when you're playing by yourself.
Ugh I know, that's the worst part. It's Halo 2 all over again.

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:
Where is the Gold Ranger-Class Elite?

As soon as you grab the truck, keep going left, past the river and he's crossing a bridge.

Let me go find a youtube video.

Edit: Here
He can spawn in more than one place, but that one usually works.

Dani said:
Samsara Alt v1.

It's one version of my ongoing Valhalla experiment, Samsara. I haven't got it uploaded to my fileshare just yet.

Did you like it?
Yep. I thought it was pretty cool. Great work dude.

I also liked GhaleonEB's huge floating vehicle map, glad I finally got a chance to play it.

equil

Devin Olsen said:
Where is the Gold Ranger-Class Elite?

Theres also one on nightfall thats pretty easy to get.
Takes like 30 seconds. Just stick the right side, until you get to the balcony where theres like 15 elites, look down the road where the broken bridge is and there he is.

I actually ran through all the enemies and no one shot at me. If you stay out of his sight you can assassinate him.

Heres a video of me doing it.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13324428&player=Rodbotic

Blueblur1

I've been trying to get a BTB match on Hemorrhage or anything map but the fucking Spire. 3 Spire games in a row so far and now I'm starting the 4th. Jesus Christ.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Domino Theory said:
Bethesda's on that list, too, but the guy who tweeted that forgot to mention them. :p

140 characters isn't enough to contain the amount of awesome I'm surrounded by on a daily basis.

Kibbles

Weekly Update, LTTP: Lost it at
zorg.jpg

Blueblur1 said:
I've been trying to get a BTB match on Hemorrhage or anything map but the fucking Spire. 3 Spire games in a row so far and now I'm starting the 4th. Jesus Christ.
Same here, I got it three times in a row... the last game was BTB Snipers.

I was close to just quitting out, what a god awful game type.

Toddler

WTF Bungie!?! This Daily make my want to beat my kids...

Eym4F.jpg

Played over 300 games, killed over 3,500 people, and not once have I ever gotten a Running Riot. Then again, I'm not a Banshee Hero or a Super Sniper either.

Dax01 said:
I just realized this thread has been moved to Gaming for the week.
What's going on, exactly? I've been out of the 'Halo'-loop for a little while, so I have no idea what this 'community spotlight' business is all about.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Blue Ninja said:
What's going on, exactly? I've been out of the 'Halo'-loop for a little while, so I have no idea what this 'community spotlight' business is all about.
You've been out of the GAF-loop for a month or so now that means: each week a different community thread for a specific game is put as the "Community Spotlight" to get exposure in Gaming, and a mod asks in that thread what the community can recommend to newbies to the game, and how to get in on community events, etc.

enzo_gt said:
You've been out of the GAF-loop for a month or so now that means: each week a different community thread for a specific game is put as the "Community Spotlight" to get exposure in Gaming, and a mod asks in that thread what the community can recommend to newbies to the game, and how to get in on community events, etc.
That explains it, thanks. Goddamn exams are eating my time up like biscuits, and I've been using most of my free time for other stuff. Three more days. ><

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if anyone thinks this is funny but I thought I'd share this.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13344110&player=NAFLA

Basically I'm being a dick here, but here's the backstory. The guy I'm shoving was being a jerk since the start of the match. When someone took the sniper he'd start shooting the guy until that guy betrayed him and got kicked. He'd keep doing stuff like that and annoying team mates so I started to annoy him back a little.

So when I saw him hiding behind a rock, I shoved him out of cover only to get sniped, but a fraction of a second the guy got sniped as well and rage quit instantly. Made my day, although the ....quit prompt doesn't seem to show up in the clip sadly.

kylej

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Play some Gears with me, no radar. haha.

First time back in 2 weeks and had zero fun. This game is zero fun to play. If you use a precision weapon you get gimped by bloom, gimped by enemy grenades, gimped by latency considerations, and gimped by spray and pray. It pushes back at you every single time you try to take the game somewhat seriously.

Whose idea was it at Bungie to give a gameplay designer of one of the biggest shooter flops of this generation control over Reach? Might I recommend the writer of Gigli and the project leads on APB to work on your next game?

My active roster is a ghost town.

Tashi

kylej said:
First time back in 2 weeks and had zero fun. This game is zero fun to play. If you use a precision weapon you get gimped by bloom, gimped by enemy grenades, gimped by latency considerations, and gimped by spray and pray. It pushes back at you every single time you try to take the game somewhat seriously.

Whose idea was it at Bungie to give a gameplay designer of one of the biggest shooter flops of this generation control over Reach? Might I recommend the writer of Gigli and the project leads on APB to work on your next game?

You actually watched that movie?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
kylej said:

Seriously, fire Sage.

Top Bottom