• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

GhaleonEB

Squall ASF said:
GG last night. I think I heard maybe a dozen or so words out of everything you said last night so sorry if you gave advice or instruction at any point I didn't hear haha I know it was late and the ladies were in bed I imagine. Good lord I'm used to Gruntpoc or snipes because it took me three deaths I think to realize the reason I couldn't find a DMR was due to loadouts *facepalm*. Still had fun and next time will be better. That would have been awesome if we had Courtyard instead, that would have been a perfect map for just two people.

Oh yeah, tried a few matches after you got off and people are every bit as bad as you say. Had AFKers, people quitting early on, and most of our lives drained before even getting through a set (I hadn't died yet at that point). I think Limited would be crazy fun with a team of competent people.
Yup, that's the Firefight Limited experience. It was driving me crazy before I learned to just accept it and try to make the game last as long as possible. My best was a game on Courtyard where I lugged two complete idiots through the entire Set - zero deaths, seven Hero medals. That's my goal each time. And if I get good team mates (like you), bonus!

And yeah Courtyard is my favorite Firefight map. It's flexible enough to work with four or even one person. (The only problem going solo is the drop pod with the five Elite Ultras - it's hard to focus on one when they're all shredding you at once.)

I'll be on again later tonight if you're around. I hated to leave last night but I had to try and crash as I was getting sick (which I think is why you couldn't hear me much - I've lost 80% of my voice today).
Gui_PT said:
Naw, it just doesn't show up as often
Right, it has a 1/10 chance of showing up instead of 1/4. There's a lot of comments over at b.net about people having a hard time getting their favorite now. There's 80 map/game type combinations now, and you get a total of 24 to vote on. So most of the time, if you're looking for something specific, you can't find it.

GhaleonEB said:
Yup, that's the Firefight Limited experience. It was driving me crazy before I learned to just accept it and try to make the game last as long as possible. My best was a game on Courtyard where I lugged two complete idiots through the entire Set - zero deaths, seven Hero medals. That's my goal each time. And if I get good team mates (like you), bonus!

And yeah Courtyard is my favorite Firefight map. It's flexible enough to work with four or even one person. (The only problem going solo is the drop pod with the five Elite Ultras - it's hard to focus on one when they're all shredding you at once.)

I'll be on again later tonight if you're around. I hated to leave last night but I had to try and crash as I was getting sick (which I think is why you couldn't hear me much - I've lost 80% of my voice today).

Right, it has a 1/10 chance of showing up instead of 1/4. There's a lot of comments over at b.net about people having a hard time getting their favorite now. There's 80 map/game type combinations now, and you get a total of 24 to vote on. So most of the time, if you're looking for something specific, you can't find it.

I'm just confused as to why people play limited as if they were playing Arcade. Do they not realize the difference? I would understand if people turtled so hard they didn't contribute much, at least that would be more rational, but to run out charging against a massive mob doesn't make any sense... I agree on Courtyard, works great no matter how many or few players. Probably the best bet for the drop pod group is to be at the end of that long dead end path rail that most people camp at in score attack. You can duck so they can't hit you until they go up the ramp and are dirrectly ahead of you and you have a bit of time to shoot them while they get within range and even then, they'd be mostly single file from the limited space. I'm sure you've tried this though and there's probably a flaw with taking them down fast enough without support.

I should be on again tonight, a little earlier too as there isn't a game tonight (Suns). Sucks that you're sick, hope you start feeling better soon!

Haven't tried Score attack since the changes, that stinks if you can't grab a quick gruntpoc for challenges. Usually the fastest way to get most of them. By and large, FF has been improved so hard to complain overly much. Limited would be sooo good if they rid the pool of lives as you stated.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I have not had anyone (that I've noticed) waste lives in FF limited. I've run into a few people who don't understand Crashsite very well, but that's about it. Of course there are some who lag/quit out, but that's not really an issue to me. I think having both Arcade and Limited running simultaneously keeps the griefers to a minimum in Limited. I'm extremely happy with this setup for FF, now hopefully they just rotate/refresh the game types reasonably often. Limited seems to run really well even with only 400-600 people playing at a time. Even with griefers, I still think pooled lives is better and more dramatic. I'll suffer through the griefers since more often than not people I've played with are trying to do well.

LunaticPuma said:
I have not had anyone (that I've noticed) waste lives in FF limited. I've run into a few people who don't understand Crashsite very well, but that's about it. Of course there are some who lag/quit out, but that's not really an issue to me. I think having both Arcade and Limited running simultaneously keeps the griefers to a minimum in Limited. I'm extremely happy with this setup for FF, now hopefully they just rotate/refresh the game types reasonably often. Limited seems to run really well even with only 400-600 people playing at a time. Even with griefers, I still think pooled lives is better and more dramatic. I'll suffer through the griefers since more often than not people I've played with are trying to do well.

How in the world is pooled lives better???!!! It's more dramatic to have your own amount of lives because you can't afford to play recklessly. If you run out of lives quickly you get to sit and watch others play for a while as punishment. Your team can bring you back with good play and you can really push how far you can reach as a team. With pooled lives, you can have a griefer or just someone that plays incredibly stupid, drain all the lives extremely early on and it's quite easy for the team to be wiped with no lives to spare. Or, you have a good player like Ghal who survives on his lonesome the whole match. What's the point of having teammates at that juncture? You've just been extremely lucky in not playing with griefers or BK's. All three of the matches I tried after Ghal got off had one of the two.

Striker

krakov said:
I don't agree that it flips over to easily like everyone is saying. I find it controls really well and it moves really fast unlike the one in Halo 3. It's just that two people could take it down in seconds with starting gear.
It's really not a difficult vehicle to drive. Hell, I was playing Hemorrhage CTF and I ran in, grabbed the flag, and ran out to get into the Warthog passenger seat. We flip in the middle of the map with no one in sight shooting us. Dipshit just wrecked due to carelessness. Anybody with a brain bigger than a pea can drive without flipping or getting pinged.

If Halo 3's Warthog wasn't so strong with the turret, it would be similar in getting knocked around. Hell, on Standoff with BR starts, it would flip Warthogs constantly.

CrazedArabMan said:
Eh, I haven't raged here in a while, but I'll just say that Bungie screwed up, and leave it at that.
They've been "screwing" up alot since Halo 1. Let's not act like this is something new. I agree with wwmonkey, even though Halo 2 was filled with glitches abound like superbouncing and the button combos. It's BR, vehicle gameplay, and map inclusion made it a sweet spot.

wwm0nkey said:
Still think Halo 2 had the best gameplay but one question......what the fuck happened to the map designers after Halo 2? I mean the maps in Halo 3 where not bad but Halo 2 just takes the cake when it comes to map design in a FPS.
I know Max Hoberman left, and few others as well. MP map design has gone to shit for the most part in Halo 3/Reach.

GhaleonEB

LunaticPuma said:
You're in luck. Deaths in my last several Limited matchmaking games:

Me: 3
Them: 11, 7

Them, 9, 9

Me: 1
Them, 2, 6, 5

Me: 1
Them: 5, 7, 9

Him: 11

Me: 4
Him: 11

And so on. Those games where I had one death, the only one was at the end, as the last man standing. And the kicker is, on every one of those games, I was the highest scoring player. That's actually my meta-goal on each game: highest score, fewest deaths. Over 90% of the time, I pull it off.

But I still love it. Like I said, I just take it as a personal challenge.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Squall ASF said:
How in the world is pooled lives better???!!! It's more dramatic to have your own amount of lives because you can't afford to play recklessly. If you run out of lives quickly you get to sit and watch others play for a while as punishment. Your team can bring you back with good play and you can really push how far you can reach as a team. With pooled lives, you can have a griefer or just someone that plays incredibly stupid, drain all the lives extremely early on and it's quite easy for the team to be wiped with no lives to spare. Or, you have a good player like Ghal who survives on his lonesome the whole match. What's the point of having teammates at that juncture? You've just been extremely lucky in not playing with griefers or BK's. All three of the matches I tried after Ghal got off had one of the two.

Pooled lives is better because friends/significant others who are not as good at the game don't have to sit out and wait. There will always be a chance for random problematic players, but that is the tradeoff with being able to be matched. My 9 games of FF Limited have resulted in 0 griefers so far though I know I'll have one eventually. That's not to say there aren't other players who are not as skilled. As long as no one is intentionally killing themselves, I'm fine with whatever. Sometimes I play risky too.

The reason for Score Attack is so that players can compare their skill against others. Teams in FF will have a range of skills so it doesn't bother me when there are really good or really bad players on my team. I just wish people would choose Genny LTD or Crashsite LTD more often.

Ghaleon - You're just better at FF than everyone else. :p I would also expect you to have the highest score if you have the least deaths (longer sprees, etc.) assuming no one is turtling.

LunaticPuma said:
Pooled lives is better because friends/significant others who are not as good at the game don't have to sit out and wait. There will always be a chance for random problematic players, but that is the tradeoff with being able to be matched. My 9 games of FF Limited have resulted in 0 griefers so far though I know I'll have one eventually. That's not to say there aren't other players who are not as skilled. As long as no one is intentionally killing themselves, I'm fine with whatever. Sometimes I play risky too.

The reason for Score Attack is so that players can compare their skill against others. Teams in FF will have a range of skills so it doesn't bother me when there are really good or really bad players on my team. I just wish people would choose Genny LTD or Crashsite LTD more often.

Ghaleon - You're just better at FF than everyone else. :p I would also expect you to have the highest score if you have the least deaths (longer sprees, etc.) assuming no one is turtling.

No way, man. If you're playing with signifant others/friends that aren't good at the game and just want to have fun, that's exactly what Arcade is for. Limited is for the serious FF's that are more competetive and want to see how long they can last. I'm not expecting everyone to be good players that I match up with but I would appreciate not matching up with griefers and people that run straight out the middle of the map as if it's arcade. If we had our own lives, that's not as much an issue because they aren't hurting me at that point (beyond having less support) but when you take away my lifes in such a callous manner, you're taking away my fun. It seriously defeats the whole point of Limited.

I'm genuinely happy for you that you haven't matched up with these people but you are extremely lucky. There are far too many people that spoil what Limited is bringing to the table. There's a reason that Bungie came out with Limited AND Arcade, between the two both types of FF fans should be satisifed but when Arcade minded players goof off in Limited, they really hurt Limited.

What was happening Doubles Attack last night? Me and my bro couldn't find a game... There was only two of us in the lobby and it would cycle from 'Match Found' to 'Restarting Search' every second or two...

Hydranockz said:
What was happening Doubles Attack last night? Me and my bro couldn't find a game... There was only two of us in the lobby and it would cycle from 'Match Found' to 'Restarting Search' every second or two...
You aren't lovers. DoubleAttack is for lovers only.(If you search alone, Bungie loves you and so you find games.)

Hypertrooper said:
You aren't lovers. DoubleAttack is for lovers only.(If you search alone, Bungie loves you and so you find games.)
Yeah, Bungie stopped me and my brother from becoming lovers. Pheeeew.

*Close call medal received*

Funnily enough I got a match when I searched alone.

krakov

Striker said:
It's really not a difficult vehicle to drive. Hell, I was playing Hemorrhage CTF and I ran in, grabbed the flag, and ran out to get into the Warthog passenger seat. We flip in the middle of the map with no one in sight shooting us. Dipshit just wrecked due to carelessness. Anybody with a brain bigger than a pea can drive without flipping or getting pinged.

Yeah, left stick full thrust isn't always the best play.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:

Yeah, the changes they made were nice, but it's tough to find what you like to play.

Also, Popeck, how did that Reach video of yours turn out?

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Squall ASF said:
No way, man. If you're playing with signifant others/friends that aren't good at the game and just want to have fun, that's exactly what Arcade is for. Limited is for the serious FF's that are more competetive and want to see how long they can last.

You can't be serious? With the number of explosions/second in Arcade, it gets over the top and extremely confusing very quickly for inexperienced players. Also, any skilled players can wipe out most of the wave before new players can locate the first reinforcements. Arcade is where players go to screw around and make massive explosions. It's a niche playlist that does not necessarily cater to the inexperienced crowd. It's also not useful for helping inexperienced players improve. Limited is better for learning and understanding the core mechanics of the game.

GhaleonEB

LunaticPuma said:
You can't be serious? With the number of explosions/second in Arcade, it gets over the top and extremely confusing very quickly for inexperienced players. Also, any skilled players can wipe out most of the wave before new players can locate the first reinforcements. Arcade is where players go to screw around and make massive explosions. It's a niche playlist that does not necessarily cater to the inexperienced crowd. It's also not useful for helping inexperienced players improve. Limited is better for learning and understanding the core mechanics of the game.
I think you have it exactly backward. Arcade gives players an overshield buff, powerful weapons and unlimited lives. If you want to learn the mechanics and structure of Firefight, that's where you go.

Limited has limited lives, precious weapon drops, enemy vehicles and brutal boss waves. Players who go there to learn the mechanics are punished quickly and the game ends sooner.

As for Firefight Arcade being niche, that is also reversed. Player counts in the Firefight playlists right now:

Limited: 1,030
Doubles Attack: 1,782
Score Attack: 3,171
Arcade: 10,920.

That 10:1 Arcade:Limited ratio stands pretty steady at all times. It's the more popular playlist because it's a quick, crazy, easy and fun game. Limited is the MLG of Firefight, and the player population reflects it.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
GhaleonEB said:
I think you have it exactly backward. Arcade gives players an overshield buff, powerful weapons and unlimited lives. If you want to learn the mechanics and structure of Firefight, that's where you go.

Limited has limited lives, precious weapon drops, enemy vehicles and brutal boss waves. Players who go there to learn the mechanics are punished quickly and the game ends sooner.

As for Firefight Arcade being niche, that is also reversed. Player counts in the Firefight playlists right now:

Limited: 1,030
Doubles Attack: 1,782
Score Attack: 3,171
Arcade: 10,920.

That 10:1 Arcade:Limited ratio stands pretty steady at all times. It's the more popular playlist because it's a quick, crazy, easy and fun game. Limited is the MLG of Firefight, and the player population reflects it.

The overshield, power weapons, and unlimited lives are what make it harder to learn and transition to normal FF. Limited lives and normal health & shields creates the desire to improve in skill and stay alive which is not present in Arcade. You won't learn how to use a DMR or pistol or plasma pistol correctly if all you're given is rockets/FRGs/swords/hammers/grenade launchers. These are weapons that players generally have extremely limited access to. Arcade can be a good training mechanism to learn these weapons individually, but it in and of itself is not a good training scenario to normal Halo gameplay.

My "niche" comment about Arcade was not speaking to its popularity. Arcade is a niche playlist just like Grifball, Rocket Race, and Infection are niche playlists. They abide by a very specific set of rules with constrained weapon sets and altered damage tables. I'm well aware that Arcade is the most popular form of FF, but that has nothing to do with it not being a niche. I never said Arcade was not popular. I simply was implying that it does not expose a player to the standard Halo sandbox which Limited does.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gui_PT said:
Don't tell Sage, he'll nerf it!

And nerf it he did.

I'm not american so I didn't know nerf was a synonym to ruin.

Yes, it's a joke. But it this case, it feels true
Nerf is to soften/weaken like that of a Nerf dart.

Halo 2 Magnum:

o09l4.jpg

LunaticPuma said:
The overshield, power weapons, and unlimited lives are what make it harder to learn and transition to normal FF. Limited lives creates the desire to improve in skill which is not present in Arcade. You won't learn how to use a DMR or pistol or plasma pistol correctly if all you're given is rockets/FRGs/swords/hammers/grenade launchers. These are weapons that players generally have extremely limited access to. Arcade can be a good training mechanism to learn these weapons individually, but it in and of itself is not a good training scenario to normal Halo gameplay.

My "niche" comment about Arcade was not speaking to its popularity. Arcade is a niche playlist just like Grifball, Rocket Race, and Infection are niche playlists. They abide by a very specific set of rules with constrained weapon sets and altered damage tables. I'm well aware that Arcade is the most popular form of FF, but that has nothing to do with it not being a niche. I never said Arcade was not popular. I simply was implying that it does not expose a player to the standard Halo sandbox which Limited does.

Ok, so you're talking training and improvement? Then score attack is what they should play. You get the normal weapon set (can even choose which one through loadouts). If you want them to learn in a setting where multiple of you can play together, than Arcade is the way to go, you can pickup weapons enemies drop. There is some merit in stating that other players will blow the crap out of enemies but it's quite possible to kill plenty of enemies using any weapon. The infinite ammo would be a large boon for an inexperienced player to get practice in.

For instance, just yesterday before joining with Ghal on Limited, I played Arcade FRG but opted to use the secondary needler for most of the match to work on my automatic weapon commendation. I forget if I got the most kills or second most but if second, it was close and I easily beat the other two that spammed FRG's all match. I still managed close to 100 kills with just the needler despite my 3 other teammates using FRG's the whole match. You have unlimited lives and overshield so you're not punished by running up to enemy groups rather than blast them from afar and doing so will give you ample opportunity to kill stuff with any weapon even if your teammates are using power weapons in the background.

The bottom line is that Limited is meant to be a hardcore playlist with ramped up difficulty, a place where confident FF players can join together and see how long they can last. It's not meant for training inexperienced players (with pooled lives). If you choose to use it that way, you can go in with a party so as to not drag others down. I realize that last comment may sound mean but it's seriously a competetive playlist where people want to test their mettle and it really screws you over when a new player gobbles down all the lives in a matter of a few minutes. If everyone had their own lives, you could get away with this without completely screwing the serious players over, but we can't because it's pooled lives. Pooled lives are a bad idea for Limited. Period. Or hell, create another playlist that has no pool lives and then we can both tickle our fancy.

Kuroyume

Banned
The next Halo game needs to seriously look at how vehicles play in that game. Halo 2 did it the best. They lasted long enough to get people from one place to another which was all they needed to do. It's partly what made Halo 2 such a great objective focused game. In Halo 3 they were nearly indestructible. I can't even count the number of times I ranted in the Halo 3 thread about Warthogs taking forever to destroy. I was so sick and tired of spawning out in the open of Standoff and getting mowed down by someone only for it to happen again and again because they game spawned me out there. People hardly bothered with the objectives in that game because they knew they could just circle an area like vultures mowing people down as they spawned without any problem. Grenades either flipped them over to only have them land back on their wheels or they would do wheelies. It would take forver to destroy them. It was so annoying. I don't think there's anything more annoying in Halo than getting killed by a vehicles. Rockets constantly? No. Camping sword or shotgun dude? No. Vehicles though just feel so fucking cheap. It's just so obnoxious. It never bothered me in Halo 2 but Halo 3 and Reach is another story.

The problem with the vehicles in Reach is that they're too powerful. They don't have as much armor as in 3 but the splash damage on some of them is ridiculous. I don't even want to consider the thought of an easier to control Banshee with that fuel rod cannon. Spawn out in the open on Breakpoint. Get blasted with a fuel rod shot. Die again as you spawn out in the open and the Banshee returns to pick off the new spawns. It's retarded. It's the one reason why I don't play in the DLC playlist. I want to play there because I enjoy two of the three maps, but people always pick Breakpoint and it's always a Banshee massacre.

I just don't understand the obsession with vehicles in this game. Even with the shitty bloom system the meat of this game is still the gun on foot gameplay. I ignore vehicles 95% of the time. Walk by Banshees, Warthogs, etc. I just don't understand the joy in racking up kills like that. The joy in Halo 2 was loading a group on a Warthog and surviving long enough to ride the Warthog up the ramp and past a few defenders on Relic to push the flag off the edge of the structure. In Halo 3 and Reach it's just about wiping people out as they spawn. They need to look at Halo 2 when making the next Halo game.

Hydranockz said:

By far the worst of the stories in the book. It was so disjointed and hard to follow at times. The actual plot of it was fine, although it did kind of go no where.

Could work a little better as a motion comic but really if they were going to choose one it should've been Erik Nylund's Cole story, that was just amazing.

GhaleonEB

LunaticPuma said:
The overshield, power weapons, and unlimited lives are what make it harder to learn and transition to normal FF. Limited lives and normal health & shields creates the desire to improve in skill and stay alive which is not present in Arcade. You won't learn how to use a DMR or pistol or plasma pistol correctly if all you're given is rockets/FRGs/swords/hammers/grenade launchers. These are weapons that players generally have extremely limited access to. Arcade can be a good training mechanism to learn these weapons individually, but it in and of itself is not a good training scenario to normal Halo gameplay.
You learn to use those weapons in Campaign. Limited is essentially Campaign play, in a single location. Many of the locations are from siege encounters in Campaign. And from every other gameplay mode in the game, actually. In particular, Score Attack, which focuses the player on one type of enemy at a time so they can focus on learning how to combat them.

Limited is by definition a more hardcore playlist; it's punishing (set to Heroic) and often pretty hard. Personally, I would not recommend players learn the game in a more hardcore playlist. I'm very sympathetic to new players who want a survival mode though, and try to help them out.

But I think you lost what Squall and I were talking about. We're talking about BAD players playing Limited as if it were Arcade. Players who run to the center of Corvette and shoot stuff and then die - and then do it 10 more times. Those two games where it was me an one other guy who died 11 times? Same dude, twice in a row. That's what we're talking about.

LunaticPuma said:
You did not actually say that, FWIW, and that does tip the discussion a bit. You are correct that Arcade is not the straight up sandbox that Limited is. (But in this context, it's a niche of the overall player base, which is how I took your meaning.) But I understand what you mean now.

I think in the case of Reach, it's hard to define what the standard gameplay mode is. In the case of Firefight matchmaking in particular, before Limited players never had a limited lives experience outside of Score Attack. And within the old Firefight playlist, regular Firefight was very much in the mix; I played a lot of it there. Between that and Score Attack, Limited is definitely not the place people go to learn the game mechanics. They launched alongside one another, remember.

In this context, what's really new is the limited lives. Before now, everyone had unlimited lives. So it might be a learning curve. Which is fine. And I've said many times that I'm pretty happy with the playlist despite the difficulty they bring.

But the problem with the playlist is one or two players draining 90% of the life pool, or AFK players doing likewise. That has nothing to do with learning the sandbox.

randomlyrossy said:
By far the worst of the stories in the book. It was so disjointed and hard to follow at times. The actual plot of it was fine, although it did kind of go no where.

Could work a little better as a motion comic but really if they were going to choose one it should've been Erik Nylund's Cole story, that was just amazing.

Disagree. Mona Lisa stands as one of my favorite Halo stories from any source including games/comics/movies. Though I also enjoyed the Cole story as well so don't read this as me saying you have bad taste I just needed to protect my baby.

Edited for:

Kuroyume said:
Stuff about vehicles killing off spawn

I would argue this is more of a map/spawn problem than a vehicle strength problem. Some vehicles should not be on certain maps and spawns in general should not be as out-in-the-open as they are on a lot of vehicle maps in Halo 3/Reach.

Kuroyume said:
Spawn out in the open on Breakpoint. Get blasted with a fuel rod shot. Die again as you spawn out in the open and the Banshee returns to pick off the new spawns. It's retarded. It's the one reason why I don't play in the DLC playlist. I want to play there because I enjoy two of the three maps, but people always pick Breakpoint and it's always a Banshee massacre.
THIS. Pisses me off so much. I wish people didn't constantly vote for it.

randomlyrossy said:

Holy fuck no.

Blueblur1 said:
He's allowed to have an opinion, Dax.

He is but hes wrong. :p

Nah just joking, I actually agree with randomlyrossy - as much as the concept of the story was brilliant, in a handful of places it wasn't well written. I still think its one of the better stories, and is one of the more standout ones from Evolutions for me. (Well the Admiral Cole story was THE stand out story, but that's another matter). I really cant wait to see The Mona Lisa in animated form - it will suit that story really well.

Bregmann Roche said:
Disagree. Mona Lisa stands as one of my favorite Halo stories from any source including games/comics/movies. Though I also enjoyed the Cole story as well so don't read this as me saying you have bad taste I just needed to protect my baby.

Each to there own man, like I said I didn't mine the story itself so much. I liked the idea of it and some parts were cool. I just felt the writing was overall pretty poor and it spent too much time pretending the (very obvious) situation was a big mystery. The bad writing made it really hard to tell who was who, which made it really hard to give a shit about most of the characters.

Dax01 said:
Holy fuck no.

bobs99 ... said:
He is but hes wrong. :p

Nah just joking, I actually agree with randomlyrossy - as much as the concept of the story was brilliant, in a handful of places it wasn't well written. I still think its one of the better stories, and is one of the more standout ones from Evolutions for me. (Well the Admiral Cole story was THE stand out story, but that's another matter). I really cant wait to see The Mona Lisa in animated form - it will suit that story really well.

It should be noted I'm not finished the book, but I'm on "The Return" so I'm nearly done. I've been slowly making my way through it so maybe I'm forgetting something earlier in the book that's not so great. In comparison to the Karen Traviss Cortana story and Nylund's superb Cole one Mona Lisa is pretty poor.

At least it's better than the very weird poems they decided to put in there.

Edit: While we're on the subject of books. Is Cryptum only available as a hardcover at the mo? I'm thinking of getting it to read about Evolutions but I'm not too keen on hardcovers for the most part.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is Mona Lisa the one on the
ship with the flood? There's an Elite with a bat that helps out
I don't know why I'm spoiler tagging it but it's better to be safe.

If so, that was a good one.

Blueblur1 said:
He's allowed to have an opinion, Dax.
Opinions, shminions! Mine is the only one that matters! :p

And Tashi's...cause he's cool like that.

Edit: Yeah, I do need to stop posting knee-jerk responses like that.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Tashi0106 said:
Is Mona Lisa the one on the
ship with the flood? There's an Elite with a bat that helps out
I don't know why I'm spoiler tagging it but it's better to be safe.

Yep, that's the one. Can't wait till folks get their eye holes on this comic in motion.

lybertyboy said:
Yep, that's the one. Can't wait till folks get their eye holes on this comic in motion.

Hearing you say that makes me wish I had even more eye holes!

Also: BAM! Louis Wu clocking in at number 4 on Halotracker's Score Attack Leaderboards!

Hang your head in shame Ghaleon. IN SHAME!

Edited for:
MrBig said:
Someone confirmed what I had said about that helmet with Evil Otto
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff412/Liam_Moore1/Otto4.jpg
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff412/Liam_Moore1/Otto2.jpg

Meaning it's just someone at 343 having their fun

Man...MrBig...way to out yourself as ManCannon's alt.

Dreams = Crushed.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dax01 said:
Is it me, or is there a glitch with the Nerfle that expands the reticule far too much after a couple of shots? Or is that by design?

It's by design. The first few shots (3 if I remember right) are near perfectly accurate, after that it blows up.

KevinRo

Here's to hoping they do the plasma rifle justice in the Halo:CE remake. When I say I say justice, I mean return it to it's former glory of STUNNING and slowing the player. kthnx

Well, I gotta say that I'm not happy with the changes to multi-team, and Rocket Hog Race has got to be the worst gametype I've ever played. :/

On a happier note, I'm almost to general. So close. I would get it tonight but my school's internet is acting up and I keep on lagging out of games.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
On a happier note, I'm almost to general. So close. I would get it tonight but my school's internet is acting up and I keep on lagging out of games.
That's what Score Attack is for.

I just hit General Grade 4. The climb to Field Marshall - and every climb from here on out, actually - will be slow. The new Firefight stuff got me three grade levels in three weeks. :lol

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
That's what Score Attack is for.

I just hit General Grade 4. The climb to Field Marshall - and every climb from here on out, actually - will be slow. The new Firefight stuff got me three grade levels in three weeks. :lol

Lucky. Though, I'm estimating instead of 5 years to General for me, it'll just be 3.5 years with the Firefight stuff too.

:(

Top Bottom