• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

FourDoor

vhfive said:
why would anyone remake that piece of shit

As much as I appreciate the guys efforts for remaking Orbital, the only way I would load up that map is so that I can tear it apart into pieces in forge!!!!

GhaleonEB

Squall ASF said:
Too bad you can't see how much time is left in a friend's FF match. If you can reflect updates in MP match remaining time, would it not be possible to adjust the timer up or down accordingly for FF Limited? Anyway, I would have played with you Ghal but couldn't tell how much time was remaining and with you in FF, could be forever ;) I did manage to complete the weekly, though :) I think I just need 111k or so to hit Field Marshall.
I recently discovered that while you can't tell just from looking at party status, if you select queue join and then look, the time remaining is displayed. I was feeling like death warmed over last night and my play reflected it (I'm worse today) so it's probably for the best. :p

Also, for the record: I was playing my second Score Attack game this morning when Bungie servers went down. During that game I got the Shootin' and Lootin' Challenge, but b.net doesn't reflect it because I was disconnected from Live during the game. So I'll complete the Challenge a second time on my next game.

Don't banz me, bro.

Dani said:
Adding AA's to a crap map will probably make it crappier.
Just make every load out have armor lock. Confusing hallway map + all armor lock + grenade spam = good times for all.

Mojo said:
Ah haven't tried those 2 yet, though it sounds harder to get than just the standard 30min rocket/sniperfight where I was getting up to 10 or so per Beachhead/Glacier if no one else were going for them.

Also Gruntpocalypse, I can barely get this gametype anymore, especially on maps I want, wish it was back to the standard 1 of 3 choices on every map.
2x and Fiesta are great fun, but if you don't have much time to devote to the challenges then I'd suggest going to the co-op FF lists for the vehicles. I tried it last time it was up, and never did get the challenge in the few Score Attack games I was able to play.

vhfive said:
why would anyone remake that piece of shit
A guy in the same thread remade Isolation if you'd like to try that instead. :lol

I found gameplay videos of Highlands and Unearthed. I believe haxzors were involved in getting these maps.

Both maps look really great though!

GhaleonEB said:
I recently discovered that while you can't tell just from looking at party status, if you select queue join and then look, the time remaining is displayed. I was feeling like death warmed over last night and my play reflected it (I'm worse today) so it's probably for the best. :p

Oh really? That's useful. Now the only thing missing is who's winning in MP matches, always wonder who has that top score haha Sorry you're feeling crappy, drink those fluids and get plenty of rest (as in laying down, not playing Halo ;)

Deadly Cyclone said:
Sent him a PM, must be his assistant. :p I have the skills and experience and would love to do either position, it is just so hard to get a shot, especially when you are out of state.

ISU! Class of 07.

Good luck!

Gui_PT

Deadly Cyclone said:
Sent him a PM, must be his assistant. :p I have the skills and experience and would love to do either position, it is just so hard to get a shot, especially when you are out of state.

That sentence made me realize how dirty my mind is =(

Edit: Congrats Domino!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Domino Theory said:
After losing 51 pounds since PAX 08, I FINALLY fit into my Bungie P.A.S. shirt I bought there.

:lol

Nice dude, saw you in the GymGAF thread a few times, Tashi too.

Good to hear you're making progress.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Thanks for the wishes. I'm just glad I can fit into a shirt I bought three years ago. :p

Dani said:
Halo diet?

What's your secret?

Everytime I see someone Armor Lock, I rage so much that my metabolism skyrockets.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:
Nice dude, saw you in the GymGAF thread a few times, Tashi too.

Good to hear you're making progress.
Hahaha yup. I haven't progressed as much as Omlet (congrats btw) but I'm gettin there. Slowly but surely. :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Domino Theory said:
Thanks for the wishes. I'm just glad I can fit into a shirt I bought three years ago. :p

Everytime I see someone Armor Lock, I rage so much that my metabolism skyrockets.

On that note, the new rumor (not new) is that Bungie is making a space MMO called destiny, if that's true I'm gonna be the class with armor lock.

Tashi0106 said:
Hahaha yup. I haven't progressed as much as Omlet (congrats btw) but I'm gettin there. Slowly but surely. :)

Slow progress is better than no progress bud.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Tashi0106 said:

Eat like our ancestors. That's how our DNA was coded. Lots of meat (all the fat and cholesterol you want and your blood pressure + cholesterol levels will lower), veggies, some potatoes, some fruit, fish, eggs, NO FUCKING SODA (unless you want a kidney stone) and the weight will be begging to leave your body.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Domino Theory said:
Eat like our ancestors. That's how our DNA was coded. Lots of meat (all the fat and cholesterol you want and your blood pressure + cholesterol levels will lower), veggies, some potatoes, NO FUCKING SODA (unless you want a kidney stone) and the weight will be begging to leave your body.

Our ancestors actually ate little meat, since the animal usually got away!

A lot of what our early ancestors got meat wise was scavenged.

MrBig

Deadly Cyclone said:
Anyone doing the community all-stars thingy this week? Making avatars for BNet?

I have lost my touch with Photoshop, but I am going to give it a shot. :)
Yep, you just reminded me to put the finishing touches on mine
bungiemoaavatar.png

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Alienshogun said:
Our ancestors actually ate little meat, since the animal usually got away!

A lot of what our early ancestors got meat wise was scavenged.

Yeah they'd have to go through periods of intermittet fasting at that point (which isn't bad at all; it's actually good for you), but when they did it, it was all meat, baby.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Domino Theory said:
Yeah they'd have to go through periods of intermittet fasting at that point (which isn't bad at all; it's actually good for you), but when they did it, it was all meat, baby.

Well yeah, because there was no refrigerators!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't eat too bad of food I just need to control my portions lol. I also have periods of unexplainable absenses from the gym :O

Wait, which thread are we in? :p

Tashi0106 said:
I don't eat too bad of food I just need to control my portions lol. I also have periods of unexplainable absenses from the gym :O

I have injured my shoulder not too long ago, so gym age is on my mind to see how best to recover - I think for me though the hardest part is eating healthily I like my nice tasty unhealthy food.

To bring it back on topic screw the gym, just get some Spartan enhancments. Alienshogun that Halo destiny rumour has been debunked I think, check bnet - the rumour was that a bunch of temp staff where annoyed at getting laid off and so told people what Bungies new IP was, but Bungie put a statement on theyre site saying they havent laid anyone and that it was just unfounded rumours.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Tashi0106 said:

Spartans had to eat properly, too
prior to augmentation
. :p

Domino Theory said:
Spartans had to eat properly, too
prior to augmentation
. :p

So did the lady in your avatar.
also prior to, and after, "augmentation"

Congrats man. But you're really fucking over the shirt industry by not buying a new shirt that is a new size.

Willeth

MrBig said:
Yep, you just reminded me to put the finishing touches on mine
bungiemoaavatar.png
Ah, glad I saw this. Whipped up something from a screenshot I had from when the Noble pack came out - I'm still amazed at how good Reach looks from space.

sabre.jpg

Striker

Hey You said:
Who said that? Link?
You have to join the group, but it's a Classic Gametype group on Bungie.net. There's a poster who kind of overlooks the process and just relates the information he reads on the boards that N0F or any other Bungie employee would write. Gives others the scoop on the playlist, pretty much. I'm not sure what else to make of it - they could still make it work. I guess we'll have to see.

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/393727/Group/GroupHome.aspx

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Striker said:
You have to join the group, but it's a Classic Gametype group on Bungie.net. There's a poster who kind of overlooks the process and just relates the information he reads on the boards that N0F or any other Bungie employee would write. Gives others the scoop on the playlist, pretty much. I'm not sure what else to make of it - they could still make it work. I guess we'll have to see.

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/393727/Group/GroupHome.aspx

I read recently a post where that dude was acting authoritarian about his group and his "official" thread saying because he had over 200 members in support of him and NOF slapped him down hard. Hah!

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
lol its like the middle of february and they can't promise a playlist in the next 45 days? so bad.

A year ago it took 2 months to remove a fusion coil from Valhalla. We're making progress dawg.

Willeth

Whoa.

So I just noticed that sometimes there's a 'x1' or 'x2' etc. on the display of the grenade launcher. Based on some brief Firefight testing, it looks like it's the amount of enemies in the blast radius of the grenade. Did anyone know about this?

Dani said:
I read recently a post where that dude was acting authoritarian about his group and his "official" thread saying because he had over 200 members in support of him and NOF slapped him down hard. Hah!

I would love to see that. :p Does this guy know his stuff? If he does I sort of like the fact the taking charge, but if he doesn't the classic playlist will just end up sucking. To be honest im guessing the Arena is going to get a huge overhual, so I would rather see the fruits of that labour than the classic playlist. To be fair the core gameplay is a big aspect of what puts me off the Arena, so even if the Arena format is improved, im not sure I would really go for ranking up but actually getting matches would be nice. I tried playing Arena FFA today and could only get 1 game. :(

Willeth - I never noticed that but thats a cool find if so.

Gui_PT

Willeth said:
Whoa.

So I just noticed that sometimes there's a 'x1' or 'x2' etc. on the display of the grenade launcher. Based on some brief Firefight testing, it looks like it's the amount of enemies in the blast radius of the grenade. Did anyone know about this?

Yeah, it's been posted here a while back.

It counts dead bodies as well, so it's a bit deceiving sometimes. Still an awesome feature though.

Joined Multi-Team with 1 friend...

We get split up and sent to different teams.

Good fucking game.

Edit: I am seriously lost as to why in the fuck Bungie would set it up so there is a possibility for you to be split up from your part-mate.

I join a friends party for a reason, to play with them. So why would you split me up?

I am frustrated at how such a simple thing continues to be a problem.

Top Bottom