• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Plywood said:
Barrow Roll, electricity is going crazy over here, knocked out my internet.
That's cool. I was worried for a minute that you hated me and tried to ditch me. D:

I see you online. Imma cook mah steak then I'll hop online and join you.

GhaleonEB said:
That's what Score Attack is for.

I just hit General Grade 4. The climb to Field Marshall - and every climb from here on out, actually - will be slow. The new Firefight stuff got me three grade levels in three weeks. :lol
That's how you shot above me in rank haha. I was ahead of you for quite some time, then I sign back on and BAM, brigadier with grades.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Halo-Gaf, I just applied for an Associate Producer and a Community Content Writer position at Bungie that I qualify for very well. If any of you have any kind of contact with Bungie it would be the most amazing thing ever if you could help me out.

I know none of you owe me anything, but when a dream job comes along I have to go for it. :p

Thanks!

Deadly Cyclone said:
Halo-Gaf, I just applied for an Associate Producer and a Community Content Writer position at Bungie that I qualify for very well. If any of you have any kind of contact with Bungie it would be the most amazing thing ever if you could help me out.

I know none of you owe me anything, but when a dream job comes along I have to go for it. :p

Thanks!

Best of luck dude!

Although, Community Content Writer....Urk, hast thou forsaken us?!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Sikamikanico said:
Best of luck dude!

Although, Community Content Writer....Urk, hast thou forsaken us?!

Sent him a PM, must be his assistant. :p I have the skills and experience and would love to do either position, it is just so hard to get a shot, especially when you are out of state.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Sent him a PM, must be his assistant. :p I have the skills and experience and would love to do either position, it is just so hard to get a shot, especially when you are out of state.

At least you're on the same continent! ;)

Sibylus

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Wish bungie's QA department was hiring :(
"Run up against this wall until we tell you to stop."
"Try to jump over this fence until we tell you to stop."
"Stand here and tap jump until we tell you to stop."
"Spin the camera in circles until we tell you to stop."
"Incessantly mash through this list of button combos until we tell you to stop (or until your hands cramp so hard you have to be taught how to smile again)"

Eight or so hours later...

"Hey, that's great! See you tomorrow for more of the same."

Raide

Deadly Cyclone said:

Thanks!

PM Urk and hope for the best, thats what I did. :D

wwm0nkey

Botolf said:
"Run up against this wall until we tell you to stop."
"Try to jump over this fence until we tell you to stop."
"Stand here and tap jump until we tell you to stop."
"Spin the camera in circles until we tell you to stop."
"Incessantly mash through this list of button combos until we tell you to stop (or until your hands cramp so hard you have to be taught how to smile again)"

Eight or so hours later...

"Hey, that's great! See you tomorrow for more of the same."
Hell I would do it to be honest.

wwm0nkey

Botolf said:
As would I, glory or no glory!

But let's be honest, it'd tip pretty hard to the latter side of the scale. QA guys = unsung heroes.
Meh I wouldn't expect much glory any way I just want to do it.

Hell im still sad no one was recording my firefight play though at E3 when i stole the Laser Designator from Joe XD

zumphry

Banned
Gonna be rolling in Credits and hopefully around 1/2 or 3/4ths of the way done with the Weekly by the time I stop playing tonight. Anyone gonna be on around 9 pm-1 am EST? I'm gonna have to spend time finishing up my All-Star entree (well, entries, gonna have to pick one..) tonight before I get on.

Dax01 said:
Haha. And due to yesterday's events, I have one more game to before I'm on probation. Awesome.

But I am a General now! Woot!

I wish there was a way to see how long it took you to do each rank. Theres a ranking chart on Bungie.net for Halo 3 so it feels like an odd omission on Reach.

Is there any other site that offers that stat? I checked Halo Charts briefly but didnt spot it.

EDIT: Im sure that 'kill 180 enemies' daily was worth well over 2K last time it was up?

bobs99 ... said:
I wish there was a way to see how long it took you to do each rank. Theres a ranking chart on Bungie.net for Halo 3 so it feels like an odd omission on Reach.

Is there any other site that offers that stat? I checked Halo Charts briefly but didnt spot it.

EDIT: Im sure that 'kill 180 enemies' daily was worth well over 2K last time it was up?
The Reach Stats app for the iphone does it. I need 57,184Cr or 7.2 hours of playtime before I hit General Grade 1. It's even got a friends button so you can see where they're at. Good stuff.

By the way, whoever came up with Skirmegeddon is an evil, evil, person.

squidhands said:
The Reach Stats app for the iphone does it. I need 57,184Cr or 7.2 hours of playtime before I hit General Grade 1. It's even got a friends button so you can see where they're at. Good stuff.

By the way, whoever came up with Skirmegeddon is an evil, evil, person.

Thanks - that app sounds good, but sadly I don't have a Iphone. :( Im also not really interested in doing it the way they did it. I could calculate my average and use that to calculate how long its going to take me, but im not sure thats going to be very accurate. For the first 3 or so months the game was out (at least) we were all earning peanuts! It would probably be skewed to make it seem longer than it should take. I was looking for something more along the lines of the Halo 3 Ratings page:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/RankHistory.aspx?player=Evil Otto (This is a Bungie dudes stats, not mine)

It would be quite interesting to see how long it took me to get over the Warrant Officer grind and so on. I guess as stats go its fairly useless, but im surprised they dont track CR earning over time like that. HaloCharts could have crazyt charts with things like cr earning per day/ per week/ per month and so on. To be fair those stats could actually be fairly useless, cr earning can be fairly random.

Gui_PT

I really dislike this "Destroy vehicles in FF" challenges

Especially with the changes made to FF because it's hard to get a map/gametype you want.

And you have to destroy 10 of them?

=\

Dax01 said:
Haha. And due to yesterday's events, I have one more game to before I'm on probation. Awesome.

But I am a General now! Woot!

I'm still a Captain Grade 3. :( I just don't have the time to play anymore.

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
For those of you who want to play the Classic Playlist in March here are the game types and maps
Now was that officially announced or the GT owned by Bungie?

Or is it just the gametypes/maps the people thinking they are helping Bungie, came up with?

Because there were people in Bungie's Playlist forum that came up with their own gametypes and maps, but were told by NoF that he was working on them himself.

wwm0nkey

Hey You said:
Now was that officially announced or the GT owned by Bungie?

Or is it just the gametypes/maps the people thinking they are helping Bungie, came up with?

Because there were people in Bungie's Playlist forum that came up with their own gametypes and maps, but were told by NoF that he was working on them himself.
These where the gametypes of the official thread on Bungie.net and yes the playlist is coming in March.

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
These where the gametypes of the official thread on Bungie.net and yes the playlist is coming in March.

That thread isn't the official Classic Playlist thread. The OP just renamed it since Jeremiah posted in the thread.

I appreciate your passion and the effort you're putting into organizing discussion, but let me clarify a couple things for you.

My plans to add a Classic playlist existed before you created this thread. This thread is not "official" as it was not created by a Bungie employee, so I'm not sure why you put that in the title. I already had a pretty good idea of the settings I wanted to use for this playlist, this thread is a secondary source of feedback and ideas from the community as a whole, not you specifically.

There's some really good discussion in this thread and it's been useful while considering the initial offering for this playlist. If you want your feedback to be included in these considerations you should stay focused on discussion and stop trying to act as an authority for what the entire community wants.
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=55715741&postRepeater1-p=54#56357108

Edit: Damn, Beaten

Kujo

Gui_PT said:
I really dislike this "Destroy vehicles in FF" challenges

Especially with the changes made to FF because it's hard to get a map/gametype you want.
Yeah, where can you even get this any more? I don't think solo Score Attack has any vehicles. With no dropships in FF Arcade, the only vehicles you can destroy would be Banshees and I believe they're only on Holdout. Not sure about FF Classic, have only played one game of that.

Had a game of Rocket Hog Race before, I find that way better than regular Rocket Race. Managed to get a running riot just by shooting rockets from the passenger seat

Mojo said:
Yeah, where can you even get this any more? I don't think solo Score Attack has any vehicles. With no dropships in FF Arcade, the only vehicles you can destroy would be Banshees and I believe they're only on Holdout. Not sure about FF Classic, have only played one game of that.

Had a game of Rocket Hog Race before, I find that way better than regular Rocket Race. Managed to get a running riot just by shooting rockets from the passenger seat
2x and Fiesta have vehicles (Beachhead/Glacier), but the increased damage makes it more difficult to get the vehicle kill over just the driver. Sniper Attack on Holdout is good; you can get up to three Banshees per game.

edit:

BWU 02/04/2011 said:
Score Attack: 5 second respawns, enable IWHBYD Skull.

2X Score Attack: Based on Score Attack, 5 second respawns, Weapon Drops and Hazards enabled, 2x Overshield, 200% Damage and Melee Modifier, 2 each grenade count, Boss Wave is Elite Spec Ops, Grunt B-Day, Cowbell, enable IWHBYD Skull, Update Loadouts so Grenades are set to Unchanged.

Gruntpocalypse: 5 second respawns, Weapon Drops enabled, enable IWHBYD Skull.

Skirmigeddon: Based on Gruntpocalypse, 5 second respawns, every wave is Skirmishers, added evade and hologram, enable IWHBYD Skull.

Sniper Attack:
Hazards enabled, 5 second respawns, Updated Loadouts to include Sprint and Evade, 2x each grenade count, enable IWHBYD Skull.

Rocket Attack:
Based on Sniper Attack, Hazards enabled, 5 second respawns, Rocket and Magnum starts, 2x each grenade count, update Boss Wave to be Hunter Kill Team, enabled Cowbell Skull.

FRG Attack:
Based on Sniper Attack, Hazards enabled, 5 second respawns, FRG and Needler secondary, 2x each grenade count, enable Cowbell Skull.

Crashsite: Melee Modifier also 200%, enable IWHBYD Skull.

Mythic Attack: 5 second respawns, enable IWHBYD Skull.

Fiesta Attack:
Based on 2X Score Attack, 5 second respawns, Random Primary and Secondary weapons, enable IWHBYD Skull."

Buck's voice with the IWHBYD skull on is pure gold.

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:
2x and Fiesta have vehicles (Beachhead/Glacier), but the increased damage makes it more difficult to get the vehicle kill over just the driver. Sniper Attack on Holdout is good; you can get up to three Banshees per game.

edit:
Vehicles also pop up on Overlook (Wraiths), Outpost (Ghosts) and Corvette (Wraiths), though you only have a shot at one during the boss wave of 2X Attack and Fiesta, as you said. I've found the best way to get the kill is to board the Wraiths from behind and pound them (that's what she said) and to stick the Ghosts on the hood. That will toast the vehicle first and you'll get the kill.

Obviously, they show up in regular Limited a lot more. If you're good at scouting them and have a plasma pistol on hand at all times, you can reliably snag kills, at least a few per game.

The vehicle Challenges for Firefight need to be worth more, though. They're the hardest ones to get.

Kujo

squidhands said:
2x and Fiesta have vehicles (Beachhead/Glacier), but the increased damage makes it more difficult to get the vehicle kill over just the driver.
Ah haven't tried those 2 yet, though it sounds harder to get than just the standard 30min rocket/sniperfight where I was getting up to 10 or so per Beachhead/Glacier if no one else were going for them.

Also Gruntpocalypse, I can barely get this gametype anymore, especially on maps I want, wish it was back to the standard 1 of 3 choices on every map.

I just killed a ghost and Wraith in FRG attack and they didn't add to the challenge. This is the same thing that happened last time we had this challenge.

Bregmann Roche said:
I look forward to the day when games journalists actually do their jobs.

To be fair, Kotaku did go to Acti-blizzard for a quote, and Acti-Blizzard didn't respond. And Urk didn't deny that part timers had been let go, just that they hadn't done it at activisions Behest.

As we get more info, we'll see if this is true or not.

I'd be down with someone finally getting the action MMO right though, so I almost hope the "new project" parts of this are true.

Gui_PT

Mojo said:

Like squidhands said, beachhead and glacier have them. Also outpost and overlook. But you have to be lucky with the vehicle drops.

On some of these maps you don't even get vehicle drops sometimes.

Too bad you can't see how much time is left in a friend's FF match. If you can reflect updates in MP match remaining time, would it not be possible to adjust the timer up or down accordingly for FF Limited? Anyway, I would have played with you Ghal but couldn't tell how much time was remaining and with you in FF, could be forever ;) I did manage to complete the weekly, though :) I think I just need 111k or so to hit Field Marshall.

electricpirate said:
To be fair, Kotaku did go to Acti-blizzard for a quote, and Acti-Blizzard didn't respond. And Urk didn't deny that part timers had been let go, just that they hadn't done it at activisions Behest.

So the only information from this obviously disgruntled source that they had any corroboration of was that "some contract workers had been let go" and with that in hand they publish EVERYTHING that the disgruntled former-employee had to say? Bad form giving someone with an axe to grind the spotlight without nailing down the facts.

I get that this is how internet journalism works: sites like Kotaku pass off rumor as "a developing story" because they need content 24/7, but I would like to see more gamers get on the gaming press's case for all the BS they feed us.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Anyone doing the community all-stars thingy this week? Making avatars for BNet?

I have lost my touch with Photoshop, but I am going to give it a shot. :)

Top Bottom