• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

wwm0nkey

Lazslo said:
Worth a shot- You should make an internet one just to get a sense of scale in terms of fan interest. Worst case scenario: Only you and me sign it and it's forgotten about, no harm no foul. Best Case: Everyone in the world signs it and Halo 2 for XBL is announced at E3 2011. Believe.
EDIT: Forgot no petitions here.

equil

BlueScrote said:
Hopped on for a couple of matches tonight for the first time in a month or two. Had a bunch of experiences with teammates shooting me when I had the shotgun. It happened in three separate games I think. And I had never had that problem before.

Were you camping with the shotgun?

Tashi0106 said:
Who was I playing Arena with today besides Gui? That was fun, we shit on those guys. I barley used my hologram hahahaha
*hand raise*

And Tawpgun I believe. New Arena is pretty fun but that's probably only because I haven't run in to a full team that's utilizing Evade to it's full potential yet. Add me if your friend's list isn't full, we'll do it up again. GT is the same as my GAF tag.

CyReN

Mojo said:
Perhaps, but they'd probably screw it up somehow

I wonder what 4J are up to, though I'd really like Jet Force Gemini from them first

28jeety.jpg

1zfn49c.jpg

Just noticed the similarities now..

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
lybertyboy said:
I recommend watching on your tv via Waypoint. :)

Holy shit, feature length vidoc for the win. Great video editing at the start too. Snazzy.

The early map build footage is just fascinating - CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF THIS.

GhaleonEB

Really appreciate seeing the early designs and the nuts and bolts talk about many of the design decisions, both aesthetic and in terms of map flow. Bravo.
lybertyboy said:
I recommend watching on your tv via Waypoint. :)
I have viewed your video in your preferred arrangement.

You may have my space monies.

blamite

Waow. If I didn't want the map pack already, I sure as hell do now. Fantastic job 343, This is absolutely the kind of Bungie-level support I was hoping for. The maps look beautiful, and the awesome ViDoc makes them look even cooler. Those depth of field shots at the beginning and end were awesome. I want more. And it's great to see how much love for Halo you guys have. You are who I want working on this franchise.

Sorry for rambling, It's 3 AM and I've been up doing some work. Off to bed for me.

KevinRo

Oh man, that space level pre release where it was dark looked freaking awesome. Too bad they didn't keep it like that.

I also hope to see more maps included in future mappacks although I know that's not how current models are selling DLC.

I just wish they would go back to kiss in regards to maps. Just keep is simple, not alot of stuff is needed like a campaign, just nice flow to the map is needed.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
KevinRo said:
Oh man, that space level pre release where it was dark looked freaking awesome. Too bad they didn't keep it like that.
Lol, it was great except you couldn't actually see the other players.

Also red team had a distinct advantage due to some red spotlighting.

wwm0nkey

Ok I don't know if any of you watched this series but Pre-Game Lobby got a second season. It was a HIGHLY under rated thanks to the shit known as Arby and the Chief.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
lybertyboy said:
Lol, it was great except you couldn't actually see the other players.

Also red team had a distinct advantage due to some red spotlighting.

Any chance we can get some of that lovely concept art in glorious high res? That stuff deserves to be eyeballed.

KevinRo

Dani said:
Any chance we can get some of that lovely concept art in glorious high res? That stuff deserves to be eyeballed.

Yeah, I love looking at map creation process and what the ideas and stuff were before hand. Some of the ideas were awesome, with waterfall running over that tunnel. Oh man that would be freaking awesome to play a level like that, almost like in an a aquarium.

vhfive

fanfuckingtastic job. I loved how you showed all the different iterations you did on each map. I find that stuff fascinating.

ps I saw you dying a lot in that video Ellis.

pps Are you going to be at PAX East?

vhfive said:
fanfuckingtastic job. I loved how you showed all the different iterations you did on each map. I find that stuff fascinating.

I'm not David. But if I remember his tweets, he will.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
vhfive said:

Dan (our new video savant) deserves a ton of praise for putting this piece together. He absolutely knocked it out of the park.

Of course you saw me dying. I was practicing for press demos. :)

Finally, yep I will be at PAX East along with bsangel and our boss. Hope to see ya there!

vhfive

lybertyboy said:
Dan (our new video savant) deserves a ton of praise for putting this piece together. He absolutely knocked it out of the park.

Of course you saw me dying. I was practicing for press demos. :)

Finally, yep I will be at PAX East along with bsangel and our boss. Hope to see ya there!
awesome. I'll definitely say hi if I see you.

vhfive

KevinRo said:
meh, no more passes. i was looking forward to driving up there to see a nerd convention for once.
Next year get it in Jan that shit sells out fast come end of Feb.

Anyone else from HaloGAF going this year because we should definitely meet-up I had lots of fun hanging out with Blueblur last year.

I guess he didn't like me though because he's not coming back :p

EDIT: Now that I think about it if any Halgaffers are going they are probably asleep (seeing that it's past 4am). So when you wake up just send me a pm or something (I think I remember at least one other person going).

Raide

Maps looks really nice and detailed. Great to see 343 carrying on the support. I wonder if they will ever get around to making additions to Forge?

Great Vidoc...the maps look amazing, but made all the more depressing that the gameplay in Reach just isn't right - don't worry, you can still have my space monies.

Every Monday night my EU group play Halo customs. 16 of us logged on and loaded up Reach. We played two games, and as I was setting up the 3rd I just sat there looking at the map list thinking...

None of these maps feel right. BTB is horrible in Reach...what to do?

And then it came to me...we all ejected our Reach discs, and switched over to Halo 3.

And had a great time. Standoff, Valhalla...I miss that Sandbox so much.

Title Update for Reach?...BELIEVE*

(*I know it will never happen)

EDIT: Anyone have a link for the 343i podcast?

Bah, that video was awesome. The new maps looks really cool. Shame I still can't bloody play Reach!

I did just get myself a job however so I may be able to get myself a new Xbox sometime in the near future. Might see if I can get me one of them there limited edition Reach slim consoles if there's any around.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Maps all look good, even the one for Firefight looks fun because of dat rocket hog. Not sure if I'm gonna get it though, maybe there will be mad code giveaways like last time.

Also my last post here (and only OT3 post lol) was the day Cataclysm came out and when I stopped playing most other games, but I've gotten pretty tired of it. Still love Reach though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hypertrooper said:
Of course, my friend.
Aw shucks <3 thank you, that triple had me going nuts on the mic. It was too perfect. The guy running up trying to get me, me hurting the sniper and sticking the guy next to him. I love it.
Barrow Roll said:
I thought this was gonna be a clip of me standing next to that guy in big tower for like 5 seconds before assassinating him. :lol
I'm gonna have to check back for that. Haha.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
JonCha said:
Watched this before I came on here and thought it was an Apple parody at first. Really nice vid. Nice progression of maps to convey the events of Reach over time.

ONE MORE THING...

Rainbow Armour!

Top Bottom