• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Damn, I forgot about Waypoint's backwards forum style. Probably have all been claimed by now.

EDIT: Yep, all claimed. Fantastic.

Also, GAF's slow as shit lately. Half of the time I visit, the site's down.

Blue Ninja said:
"Enter a valid code." "Enter a valid code." "Enter a valid code."

And I have to go eat soon, and by the time I'll get back the code'll have been taken. Great. :lol
If your code does not work out, can I have it :3

A27_StarWolf said:
If your code does not work out, can I have it :3
You mean the Banshee one? 'Cause I've had just as much luck in getting a Defiant code as you had, which is to say, none.

The Banshee code didn't work, either. :lol

Sikamikanico said:
I always miss the big code hand outs. Roll on Tuesday.
Pretty much.

zlatko

Banned
My copy of the game is slated to show up next week sometime. Does anyone know if Bungie has any plans for a bundle pack for the noble and defiant together for a bit of a discount from buying them individually?

:/ I'm so broke right now. Getting reach again = less food for the next few days lol. College student life is the hard knock life. :(

Nuborn

Oh well, got my points at the ready for Tuesday. Any chance of Noble pack going to 400 for the defiant release? My guess is no chance in hell.

Devin Olsen said:
Yeah we had 16 players for 2 or 3 games at least... Definitely a ton of fun.

Anyone up to play again today? I was really enjoying the Classic Settings... Only problem is last night everyone seemed to kind of get tired/bored all at the same time. Hardly anyone was talking or anything. Maybe everyone was just tired.
Supply me with a code and I'll be there with bells on! :3

Striker

zlatko said:
My copy of the game is slated to show up next week sometime. Does anyone know if Bungie has any plans for a bundle pack for the noble and defiant together for a bit of a discount from buying them individually?

:/ I'm so broke right now. Getting reach again = less food for the next few days lol. College student life is the hard knock life. :(
I suspect our next news about new maps will be in the mid-summer time.

feel

The movement with the current NoF classic settings feels sooooo gooood. I hope they nail the damage aspect too in the final matchmaking version (haven't tested that myself, but Bnet is not pleased).

zlatko

Banned
Striker said:
I suspect our next news about new maps will be in the mid-summer time.

Uuuh, why did you quote me in your comment? Like your comment had 0 to do with what I had typed out. :p Just curious.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
why was that

I'm not 100% sure but the grenades were insanely powerful and it's already difficult to avoid grenades in Reach. Or at least it's easy to get hit with them. Also, it's 4 shot DMR but it's not the same as it is in Halo 2/3. You can shoot the DMR much faster than you can a BR and so squeezing off 4 shots real quick or even 3 and a melee for the kill is kinda ridiculous. I did like the run speed and jump settings though but am not a huge fan of the damage modifiers. It was fun for a little but afterwards I kinda wanted to switch back.

Also, I think I'm gonna make a little Defiant Montage for Monday. Nothing too crazy but it would be fun to showcase the maps with some nice kills and general good times. I definitely want to get in on the games with the Waypoint team tonight as well. Maybe make some montage worthy clips there :p

Anyone have song recommendations? I'm looking for a song that's in the Reach soundtrack. However, I don't want to use anything that's been used in any official Reach trailers. Hmmm, that song used in the Beta trailer was pretty great though.

Striker

B.net dudes are never pleased.

zlatko said:
Uuuh, why did you quote me in your comment? Like your comment had 0 to do with what I had typed out. :p Just curious.
I didn't answer your question, but it was semi-related to your question about the Noble and Defiant map packs. Perhaps they could get those map packs free by then (hoping) and then release three new ones, featuring Beaver Creek, Colossus, and Sidewinder remakes. :p

343, do it.

I forgot about our much-needed urban themed Forge World map. :)

feel

Oh I see makes sense. They should leave the bullet/grenade damage settings the same as default (people die fast enough) and only tweak melee and movement.

zlatko

Banned
Striker said:
B.net dudes are never pleased.

I didn't answer your question, but it was semi-related to your question about the Noble and Defiant map packs. Perhaps they could get those map packs free by then (hoping) and then release three new ones, featuring Beaver Creek, Colossus, and Sidewinder remakes. :p

343, do it.

I forgot about our much-needed urban themed Forge World map. :)

Free? Not a chance. :p I just like when games bundle DLC things together to save you a few bucks. Like Super Street Fighter 4 brought out new costume DLC every week or two, and once all of it came out over the course of a few months they bundled all of them together to save you like 5-10 dollars so if you were patient you saved some coin.

With the Noble map pack I saw that it has its own playlist. Is that the only way to play those maps other than custom games? Or could I be in MLG playlist and if we all have the map pack then it might pick one of them to play ?

Striker

Those maps show up in others, but the entire party has to have them. I've gotten Anchor 9 quite a bit in the Team Objective and Team Slayer playlists. Tempest has shown up a bit, as well, but not as frequently. Bungie loves splashing Countdown, Uncaged, and Swordbase though.

zlatko

Banned
Striker said:
Those maps show up in others, but the entire party has to have them. I've gotten Anchor 9 quite a bit in the Team Objective and Team Slayer playlists. Tempest has shown up a bit, as well, but not as frequently. Bungie loves splashing Countdown, Uncaged, and Swordbase though.

Okay that's good to hear. :)

:/ I may have to wait a couple weeks to get those map packs though. I'll have to keep lurking this thread to catch if anywhere else is giving codes away.

Tashi0106 said:
I'm not 100% sure but the grenades were insanely powerful and it's already difficult to avoid grenades in Reach. Or at least it's easy to get hit with them. Also, it's 4 shot DMR but it's not the same as it is in Halo 2/3. You can shoot the DMR much faster than you can a BR and so squeezing off 4 shots real quick or even 3 and a melee for the kill is kinda ridiculous. I did like the run speed and jump settings though but am not a huge fan of the damage modifiers. It was fun for a little but afterwards I kinda wanted to switch back.

Also, I think I'm gonna make a little Defiant Montage for Monday. Nothing too crazy but it would be fun to showcase the maps with some nice kills and general good times. I definitely want to get in on the games with the Waypoint team tonight as well. Maybe make some montage worthy clips there :p

Anyone have song recommendations? I'm looking for a song that's in the Reach soundtrack. However, I don't want to use anything that's been used in any official Reach trailers. Hmmm, that song used in the Beta trailer was pretty great though.
Yeah the grenades were definitely over powered... And you guys mentioned the snipe is now a 1 shot kill? That's a bit much in my opinion.

I really, really liked the feel of the DMR though. It felt a lot more powerful, I thought the 4 shot kill worked really well...

I was also thinking about making a montage, there were a lot of good clips from the games last night.

If you're on again tonight Tashi send me an invite, I had fun playing with you last night.

Devin Olsen said:
Yeah the grenades were definitely over powered... And you guys mentioned the snipe is now a 1 shot kill? That's a bit much in my opinion.

I really, really liked the feel of the DMR though. It felt a lot more powerful, I thought the 4 shot kill worked really well...

I was also thinking about making a montage, there were a lot of good clips from the games last night.

If you're on again tonight Tashi send me an invite, I had fun playing with you last night.

Can you get on now Devin?

Went and downloaded noble. I wouldn't hold your breath for a bundle deal. The only real 'bundle' for 3 was ODST. I'll join you all on Tuesday for some defiant.

GhaleonEB

Hydranockz said:
Went and downloaded noble. I wouldn't hold your breath for a bundle deal. The only real 'bundle' for 3 was ODST. I'll join you all on Tuesday for some defiant.
November ODST-style MP pack in with the Halo 1 remake, believe. :p

Hey You

Nuborn said:
Oh well, got my points at the ready for Tuesday. Any chance of Noble pack going to 400 for the defiant release? My guess is no chance in hell.
Microsoft hasn't discounted the H3 Map Packs since Reach came out. So, I highly doubt the DLC will be discounted this year or even next.

zlatko

Banned
Hey You said:
Microsoft hasn't discounted the H3 Map Packs since Reach came out. So, I highly doubt the DLC will be discounted this year or even next.

:( Total shame. They really would get more sales with even a 100 point drop or just putting the two map packs together for 1-2 dollars cheaper than each individually. Impulse buys go up more when things like that happen.

I'll go sell my body on a corner for Microsoft points. :)

Hey You

I wonder (Hope actually) if Bungie has any codes to giveaway since they didn't create the DLC.

I would love for a huge wall of codes like they did for the F&F beta (or was it the Noble DLC?).

Dug

Banned
Hey You said:
I wonder (Hope actually) if Bungie has any codes to giveaway since they didn't create the DLC.

I would love for a huge wall of codes like they did for the F&F beta (or was it the Noble DLC?).

I wonder, maybe they will post some in the BWU?

EDIT: It was the F&F beta where they posted all those codes.

Tashi0106 said:

That may be your best bet, but there are a few others that seem like it could lend themselves to montages. (sorry, can't link to youtube from stupid work).

- ONI: Sword Base, 1:54-4:42
- The beginning suite of Tip of the Spear
- Exodus, 5:42-6:44
- New Alexandria, 4:56-5:54

That's about all I got for now (if you couldn't tell, I'm listening to the soundtrack, lol)

feel

99% probability:

-there will be codes in the update
-bungie.net will be crawling around that time from all the f5ing
-codes will be all gone in less than 12 seconds, maybe 45 seconds if there's dozens of them

Top Bottom