• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
99% probability:

-there will be codes in the update
-bungie.net will be crawling around that time from all the f5ing
-codes will be all gone in less than 12 seconds, maybe 45 seconds if there's dozens of them
When does the update usually go up?

GhaleonEB

dmg04 said:
wat?

That's pretty lame :(
They have media going out to the press over the weekend, and don't want players given the early codes to render much of the press coverage irrelevant by generating media on their own. It's either don't give out the codes, or ask players to hold back on media until after the press embargoes are up.

Needless to say, I prefer the latter. :)

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
GhaleonEB said:
They have media going out to the press over the weekend, and don't want players given the early codes to render much of the press coverage irrelevant by generating media on their own. It's either don't give out the codes, or ask players to hold back on media until after the press embargoes are up.

Needless to say, I prefer the former. :)
Yeahh i gotcha. Not gunna lie, i was hoping for some awesome coverage from you none the less :)

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Forgers Corner here on Gaf? I remember asking way back when they accepted the flood of juniors but i don't think my inquiry was noticed

Raide

dmg04 said:
Yeahh i gotcha. Not gunna lie, i was hoping for some awesome coverage from you none the less :)

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Forgers Corner here on Gaf? I remember asking way back when they accepted the flood of juniors but i don't think my inquiry was noticed

Here you go!

ForgeGAF

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
dmg04 said:

Apparently we may be given the go ahead on Sunday, Monday at the latest. Regardless, i'm pretty sure there's a few folks here itching to get the word out and post some pretty images.

CyReN

Devin Olsen said:
So I am getting clips right now for a montage I will likely never make. Is the preference HUD or no HUD for montages these days?

Hud.

You got someone to record? I may have someone if needed.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
So I am getting clips right now for a montage I will likely never make. Is the preference HUD or no HUD for montages these days?

I'm doin HUD. Definitely.

CyReN said:
Hud.

You got someone to record? I may have someone if needed.
Can he do HD?

I have a ton of render points for some reason, so I was just going to use B.net. But I wouldn't be able to render everything in HD... If your hookup can do HD let me know. (Thanks)

Tashi

I need to get at least an overkill for this little montage, a nice one too. I only have 2 triple kills so far. Hopefully I'll do some cool stuff tonight.

O D I N said:
Word.

The way I look at it, if I get a code early (for anything), SUPER. If not, I'm still gonna buy it. No biggie.

Yeah, normally that'd be the case for me too, but just checked my bank, things are not good.

I think I'll be begging my wife for her card come Tuesday!

Tunavi

Banned
Yeah I can trade a Battlefield 1943 code/Onslaught Code for a Defiant Map Pack Code if anyone wants to.

When does Classic Playlist launch? Anyone wanna hop into matchmaking right now?

Tashi0106 said:
I need to get at least an overkill for this little montage, a nice one too. I only have 2 triple kills so far. Hopefully I'll do some cool stuff tonight.
Same here... I got a few triples last night, and ALMOST no-scoped Dani while riding ontop of a fully loaded warthog at top speed. That would have been the most incredible thing ever, but I only body shot him :(

MrBig

I can get on now for anyone who want to do some mm.

Letters said:
99% probability:

-there will be codes in the update
-bungie.net will be crawling around that time from all the f5ing
-codes will be all gone in less than 12 seconds, maybe 45 seconds if there's dozens of them
I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to doing that and supporting 343, but it's going to be a long weekend.

Looking forward to some pics and clips to make the wait for Tuesday a bit easier. I just hope that Highlands plays as well as it appears to from the footage that I've watched so far.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
xxxstylzxxx said:
Looking forward to some pics and clips to make the wait for Tuesday a bit easier. I just hope that Highlands plays as well as it appears to from the footage that I've watched so far.

It does. Oh boy, it does.

darthbob

MrBig said:
I can get on now for anyone who want to do some mm.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to doing that and supporting 343, but it's going to be a long weekend.

I got a free code from Bungie for the Noble Map Pack from one of their updates.
Alt-Text on images is fun!

However, I already made a deposit of MSP into my account, so my body is ready. :D

Not trying to be an elitist/expertist, but hey, free codes a free code, so check those images people!

Gui_PT

After a whole day of playing videogames, I have one question for you, HaloGAF.

Who wants to party up for a couple of matches and dong on some kids?

Tashi

Devin Olsen said:
Same here... I got a few triples last night, and ALMOST no-scoped Dani while riding ontop of a fully loaded warthog at top speed. That would have been the most incredible thing ever, but I only body shot him :(

Hahahaha nice. I have a no scope on Nutter while he's riding in a Warthog. I think I might just play that clip over and over LOL.

I'm thinking of using this song. Not sure which section or how I'll cut it up but it's pretty damn awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxX6BCP4F7M

edit: Damn this song is so good it almost makes me want to make it a trailer instead of a montage lol

Tashi

Hypertrooper said:
@Tashi, Devin when are you going to play today? A time would be nice. I want to try out Highland and Condemned!

There's a Halo Waypoint party going down at 8PM Eastern. I'd like to try to get in on that if I could. I'm sure that'd be a lot fun.

Tashi0106 said:
There's a Halo Waypoint party going down at 8PM Eastern. I'd like to try to get in on that if I could. I'm sure that'd be a lot fun.
Oh yeah I heard from that. That would be in 3hours and 22minutes, right?

Tashi0106 said:
Yeah I definitely want to try and get in on that.

BTW - I forgot but I did get one overkill. It involves my ghost and Dani +3 other poor victims.

Legit Pro Montage Material.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:

Needless to say, I prefer the latter. :)

heh. Thanks for expressing it so eloquently.

Top Bottom