• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Help me cocop, you're my only hope.
You don't have a code? That's too bad, sir. Mine is sitting here rotting until I get back to my Xbox to activate it. :( Hopefully you have one by then, bruh!

Gui_PT

Karl2177 said:
Yes sir. I was going to join/start up a MM party, but I ragequit at a team full of armor lockers.

Ah, there you are. Sorry, I'm bad at memorizing names.

I logged off, but I'll accept your FR later.

Thanks Plywood, for answering as well.

Does anyone still have a link to that Google Docs spreadsheet that had most of the Gamertags? I really need to start adding people.

On topic: Want me to blow your mind? The reason Halo stuff releases on Tuesdays is because it's the only day in the week with seven letters.

Willeth

Hey You said:
Wait, am I missing something?

Whats 343 doing?
Contracting CA to make Halo maps.

Zee-V70 said:
On topic: Want me to blow your mind? The reason Halo stuff releases on Tuesdays is because it's the only day in the week with seven letters.
Rubbish. What about Smurday?

A27 Tawpgun said:
Mash F5 on Halo Waypoint Twitter?
Mash F5 on Halo Waypoint Twitter.
The chances of actually winning a code are dreadfully low that way, especially with people standing by with auto fill-in scripts and all that nasty business.

Crucio

Hey You said:
Wait, am I missing something?

Whats 343 doing?

3:43pm PST, that's when the rain starts.

Blue Ninja said:
The chances of actually winning a code are dreadfully low that way, especially with people standing by with auto fill-in scripts and all that nasty business.

Well considering that now you only need to copy the whole code at once, its fair game.

zlatko

Banned
Crucio said:
3:43pm PST, that's when the rain starts.

Well considering that now you only need to copy the whole code at once, its fair game.

What's this all about? A chance to get the defiant map for free? Tell me more.

Tawpgun

Actually.... If monday is the embargo with all these shenanigans then why would they post codes? They had to ask you guys to be nice, they can't ask everyone who snags a code though.

Crucio said:
Great! One more chance for me. Hehe.
When you get so frustrated you want to smash something, don't come crying to us. :lol

Seriously, I gave up on trying to win a Twitter code after the Reach Beta fiasco. It really seemed like éveryone was playing but me. Broke my heart. :(

Hey You

A27 Tawpgun said:
Actually.... If monday is the embargo with all these shenanigans then why would they post codes? They had to ask you guys to be nice, they can't ask everyone who snags a code though.
I heard its Sunday.

And that's true. But 343i did it on their forums without anyway knowing who snagged them.

So there's still hope.

If their isn't any in the BWU or taken, I'll just have to wait till next Thursday to get 'em.

Crucio

Blue Ninja said:
When you get so frustrated you want to smash something, don't come crying to us. :lol

Seriously, I gave up on trying to win a Twitter code after the Reach Beta fiasco. It really seemed like éveryone was playing but me. Broke my heart. :(
I've had some success with Twitter codes, so I'm still hopeful.

Dug

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
You should've seen the Noble 6 Helmet code fiasco, the codes were gone in seconds and that's when you still had to manually type them into Xbox.com

Dug said:
You should've seen the Noble 6 Helmet code fiasco, the codes were gone in seconds and that's when you still had to manually type them into Xbox.com
Yeah, I remember that. So. Freaking. Annoying.

And then Wu told me he had dozens of codes lying around, and gave me one just like that.

I'm not going to try and snatch a code there, that's for sure. If I wasn't lucky enough to be sent one during "the rain", I'll sure as hell won't be lucky enough to grab one there.

Tawpgun

Oh man, I remember camping out for the 343 codes in the early morning. I thought if I wake up this early and snag one of the middle ones really fast I'm sure to get it.

Nope.

I even have the whole, HIGHLIGHT -> CTRL C - SWITCH TABS - CTRL V - ENTER ENTER ENTER thing going.

Goddamn. There has to be a way to prevent macros from stealing them...

Tashi0106 said:
Same. I actually got my "Play Before the Official Release"-code, though, only Microsoft sent it to me 3 days after the Beta started. ><

zlatko said:
Anyone? :( Just want to know when they'll tweet out codes or if there's a special way you win the code.
They'll post a code. You copy it, and then paste it in the corresponding slot on the Redeem section of Xbox.com. You may or may not have to fill in several digits to do so. You then proceed to click as fast as you can, only to scream in agony as the message "THIS CODE HAS ALREADY BEEN USED" pops up.

Crucio

If they follow Bungie/343I tradition the twitter codes IF ANY will be posted at 3:43pm PSt that's in less then 20 minutes.
Problem is you gotta be quick and copy the code into your xbox.com "Redeem Code" page.

Nuborn

A Bnet kid already posted direct feed to youtube, damn Highlands is huuuge. I can tell people are going to get lost on this map.

Oozer3993

Dug said:

Speaking of which, I totally forgot, but I have a spare Noble 6 helmet code that I got for renewing Live last fall. Anybody want it?

Willeth

Crucio said:
If they follow Bungie/343I tradition the twitter codes IF ANY will be posted at 3:43pm PSt that's in less then 20 minutes.
Problem is you gotta be quick and copy the code into your xbox.com "Redeem Code" page.
I honestly doubt there'll be any given out today. If there's a press embargo until Monday morning it doesn't make any sense.

Of course, saying that, there was a giant list on the Waypoint website, so...

Crucio said:

What time PST is it now?

zlatko

Banned
Crucio said:

Cool.Thank you. I'll be prepared and turn the 360 on in a few minutes, then try my best if codes do go up.

Hey You

Based on our latest playtesting, the current settings we're considering are:

Player Speed 120%
Jump Height 125%
Player Gravity 150%
Damage Modifier 110%
Melee Modifier 75%
Damage Resistance 100%
Shield Recharge Rate 110%
Health Recharge Rate 110%

As I said before these are subject to change, we have final playtesting to do next week.
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=55715741&postRepeater1-p=91#57658937#57658937

zlatko said:
Cool.Thank you. I'll be prepared and turn the 360 on in a few minutes, then try my best if codes do go up.
You might to do it here instead of the 360. Simply Copy and Paste into the Redeem box.

Edit: Thanks Oozer for the Noble Six Helmet Code, I appreciate it.

Willeth said:

Thanks - I realised straight after posting that the hour didnt matter, I just needed to look at my clock when it read 43 mins past :p

I still doubt ill grab a code through twitter, but its worth a shot, I mean someone gets lucky right. :p

Top Bottom