• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Karl2177

Im_So_Pringles said:
Great customs guys! It was a blast!

Yep, the classic playlist will probably be my permanent home in Reach :)
Well, I'm not sure if ur aware of this but im the one who organized the entire classic movement...

What did you end up sending back to him, if anything?

EDIT: That was directed at wwm0nkey.

wwm0nkey

Karl2177 said:
Well, I'm not sure if ur aware of this but im the one who organized the entire classic movement...

meh didn't send him much back.

Tunavi

Banned
Karl2177 said:

LYb66.jpg

Havok

Had a ton of fun in the customs I was able to play today, sadly I missed out on some of the community forge stuff :( Really sorry for bouncing out right after one of the Assault games, had to go play some Noble with the bnet moderators and Achronos (if you're reading this, hi Tom! Thanks for boosting me to my death on your Wraith!).

Edit: and if anyone has the Lynched saved film still on their drive and can put it on their file share, you'd earn my eternal gratitude.

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
Damn, I don't have the Foundation match in my stream broadcasts :(
Take the one with me on top of your banshee, and then we'll do some movie magic and it will be like it actually worked.

Karl2177

Havok said:
Edit: and if anyone has the Lynched saved film still on their drive and can put it on their file share, you'd earn my eternal gratitude.
I'm putting it up right now for ya. I know Gui said it was way too open, and I agree. It wasn't too great with DMR starts. I'll edit with a link in a second.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15055299&player=Karl2177
Take note that at the end I was getting pretty bored, so my jump spinning to the flag may not be very helpful.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A27 Tawpgun said:
Take the one with me on top of your banshee, and then we'll do some movie magic and it will be like it actually worked.
Lol that was such a total failure. I might clip out Urk running Nokyard over. That was fuckin hilarious.

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
Lol that was such a total failure. I might clip out Urk running Nokyard over. That was fuckin hilarious.
Which reminds me, I need to take a pic of Urk driving with me in the sideseat. We were on opposite teams.

But then someone shot me :(

Also, clip that one part where me and I think it was letters jacked the same hog from the turret and driver at the same time.

Until you killed us :(

Havok

Karl2177 said:
I'm putting it up right now for ya. I know Gui said it was way too open, and I agree. It wasn't too great with DMR starts. I'll edit with a link in a second.
Thank you sir! I wonder how much of it had to do with there being waaaaaaay more players on the map than it was designed for. Hopefully the film will help me iterate.

Edit: downloaded, thanks again.
Edit2: 8v8 did it no favors, and neither did the classic gametype, neither of which I had anticipated :/ Maybe next week there'll be enough people in the Forge customs themselves to get a proper 4v4 game going.

Nostalgia from Halo 3 customs tonight for sure. Some really solid maps, a great laugh and some really awesome matches. That game of Multi-flag on Hang 'em high was really awesome! At one point bobs I think had gotten our flag on top of their base but we somehow managed to return it.

<3 HaloGaf

Steelyuhas said:
Wow people are fucking JOHNNY ON THE SPOT on waypoint's twitter codes.

I timed it perfectly, copied the second one and put 343 in the appropriate slots unbelievably fast hit redeem but was too late. I honestly couldn't have done it any faster. So unbelievably frustrating but I'm not one to criticize how free stuff is given away.

Mizzou Gaming said:
I timed it perfectly, copied the second one and put 343 in the appropriate slots unbelievably fast hit redeem but was too late. I honestly couldn't have done it any faster. So unbelievably frustrating but I'm not one to criticize how free stuff is given away.

Same here, right when that code dropped into the news feed, I was on it, but was too late.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Steelyuhas said:
Wow people are fucking JOHNNY ON THE SPOT on waypoint's twitter codes.
People in customs were saying that people were running automated scripts for the codes being put on twitter. If that's the case, maybe they should be distributed by 343i in a different manner. Like maybe telling people to retweet a message and then picking people randomly.

GhaleonEB

Customs were fun. Going to have to adjust the man cannons on Crossroads to make them a bit most hospitable to the classic settings (once they are final). There were...incidents. I have a few highlights cooking.

I just got through the single most intense game of Crash Site in Score Attack to date, on Unearthed no less. It included my first non-Target Locator Killionaire (all DMR shots) and an epic last stand with the Needler. Just bonkers. I'll post some clips when I can, hopefully tomorrow.

Unearthed is really, really good.
Hitmonchan107 said:
Speaking of which, it is Sunday now. *cough*
Heh.

Well, I assume it's okay to post media once they start transferring to bungie.net. Right now screenshots and films of the new maps are blocked.

GhaleonEB said:
Customs were fun. Going to have to adjust the man cannons on Crossroads to make them a bit most hospitable to the classic settings (once they are final). There were...incidents. I have a few highlights cooking.

I just got through the single most intense game of Crash Site in Score Attack to date, on Unearthed no less. It included my first non-Target Locator Killionaire (all DMR shots) and an epic last stand with the Needler. Just bonkers. I'll post some clips when I can, hopefully tomorrow.

Unearthed is really, really good.

Plywood said:
People in customs were saying that people were running automated scripts for the codes being put on twitter. If that's the case, maybe they should be distributed by 343i in a different manner. Like maybe telling people to retweet a message and then picking people randomly.

Oh so I should stop trying then haha?

There should be another code drop in about 30 minutes (not sure how long they will do them). I think it will be my last effort, when I don't get them, I'll be purchasing them on Tuesday.

Also, shame I missed customs today, but the impressions of the classic settings in this thread have me pretty stoked for the classic playlist. To bad it will just start as a slayer playlist.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Steelyuhas said:
Oh so I should stop trying then haha?

There should be another code drop in about 30 minutes (not sure how long they will do them). I think it will be my last effort, when I don't get them, I'll be purchasing them on Tuesday.
Well it's what I was told from others, also Blueblur said on other forums people were talking about running scripts on gamertags ever since they've been deleting the old/unused gamertags. So it's definitely possible here.

GhaleonEB said:
Heh.

Well, I assume it's okay to post media once they start transferring to bungie.net. Right now screenshots and films of the new maps are blocked.

Well, poop. I'm going to go to sleep then. Wake me ...
up with a map pack code.

Havok

Kuroyume said:
Any chance the Banshee won't have the fuel rod gun in the next Halo game? Cause seriously...
That would be great. Halo 2's Banshee worked for that reason (and because the aerial moves didn't break target lock (who the fuck decided that would be a good idea?!)).

Hitmonchan107 said:
Monday is when we are allowed to talk about it, not Sunday

Edit: Also, I really wish we got more Defiant Customs going... I am kind of short on spectacular clips for this montage :\

KevinRo

Plywood said:
Well it's what I was told from others, also Blueblur said on other forums people were talking about running scripts on gamertags ever since they've been deleting the old/unused gamertags. So it's definitely possible here.

It's not that hard. Just write a little script in perl and have it timed constantly.

Tashi

Devin Olsen said:
Monday is when we are allowed to talk about it, not Sunday

Edit: Also, I really wish we got more Defiant Customs going... I am kind of short on spectacular clips for this montage :\
Same...how many do you have so far? I figured it was going to be a minitage anywho :/

Yep, people must be running scripts on those. I think I just entered that just came up as fast as humanly possible and it was already used.

Tashi0106 said:
Same...how many do you have so far? I figured it was going to be a minitage anywho :/
This is what I have so far.... I think a big problem I am having is I cannot find a good/fun song. Usually once I find a song I can make the clips work.

oE4F1.png

Tashi

Devin Olsen said:
This is what I have so far.... I think a big problem I am having is I cannot find a good/fun song. Usually once I find a song I can make the clips work.

oE4F1.png

"Double on Tashi"
"EMP Tashi and Snipe"

Sounds like you got some sick slips already hahahaha :p

Yea finding the music is absolutely the first thing you have to do. Every trailer and montage I've made has started with the music and the clips follow. Sometimes the clips have a natural pace to them that they can spark an idea for which song to use. I'm using "Tip of the Spear" from the Reach soundtrack.

I think I have around 8-10 clips myself. I wish I had like 5 more. None of them are like really spectacular though. :/

edit: Devin, add me as a friend on Youtube...http://www.youtube.com/tashi0106 I wanna upload my video as private and set it so only you can view it. I wanna get your opinion on it before I let it loose. If you'd like to do the same with yours I'd be happy to offer some critique. It might be good to get some outside eyes on it.

Tashi0106 said:
"Double on Tashi"
"EMP Tashi and Snipe"

Sounds like you got some sick slips already hahahaha :p

Yea finding the music is absolutely the first thing you have to do. Every trailer and montage I've made has started with the music and the clips follow. Sometimes the clips have a natural pace to them that they can spark an idea for which song to use. I'm using "Tip of the Spear" from the Reach soundtrack.

I think I have around 8-10 clips myself. I wish I had like 5 more. None of them are like really spectacular though. :/
Don't be fooled by the descriptions, lol... Things sound much better than they look.

The clips are in a very neutral place right now, I will definitely move them to fit the song.

Edit: Added you to Youtube... How do I see the video now? Private YouTube videos have always confuses me.

Tashi

Devin Olsen said:
Edit: Added you to Youtube... How do I see the video now? Private YouTube videos have always confuses me.

I'll link you tomorrow in the thread. I just started the montage right now.

Private videos are easy. I can share the link here but only those on the private user list can view them. For everyone other than you, it'll just say, "Private" :)

Tashi0106 said:
I'll link you tomorrow in the thread. I just started the montage right now.

Private videos are easy. I can share the link here but only those on the private user list can view them. For everyone other than you, it'll just say, "Private" :)
My youtube will be hacked for sure.

lol

blamite

Heh, I guess I should post the super-shitty Halo 3 montage I made right before Reach came out? Put this together in a few hours in Movie Maker, mostly as a test to proove that I actually could make a montage. Wish I has saved up more clips over Halo 3'd lifespan, but I did the best with what I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLlN6C5zts

I'm currently planning on attempting to put together a new, better montage for Reach. We'll see.

feel

I think I remember seeing a teammate get fucking nailed by an airborne vehicle doing flips after an explosion on Crossroads, I wonder if the person responsible will clip it. Maybe not as great as I remember it, but might be worth checking out.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Which reminds me, I need to take a pic of Urk driving with me in the sideseat. We were on opposite teams.

But then someone shot me :(

Also, clip that one part where me and I think it was letters jacked the same hog from the turret and driver at the same time.

Until you killed us :(
Yeah, that was me. Was pretty badass for a few moments.

Wait a sec. Customs were full today? I can't believe it. Still have to play some games on Highland and Condemned, today. So any plans for Defiant custom today?

No TV and no Halo make Barrow Roll go something something.

Seriously, I haven't played at all in the last 2 days, I feel totally out of the loop. I guess come Tuesday I'm gonna have to actually pay for the maps like all the other suckers huh?

Top Bottom