• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

O D I N

HiredN00bs said:
I remember Lee Wilson in the Legendary playthrough commentary said he would miss Plasma Grenades the most. That comment kind of perplexed me..are they so iconic to the Halo franchise that Bungie couldn't fashion a similar weapon in their new franchise? Will grenades go bye-bye altogether in their new action game?

Explains the achievement in H3.

I hope not. I love sticking people. But if they feel they need to do something else, ah well. :< They will be missed. Other games even started using 'sticky' grenades (CoD for sure).

I think there's nothing better than sticking a guy, and knowing he's thinking, 'OH SH-'

... Oh hi Armor Lock. &#963;_&#963;

Mizzou Gaming said:
Who got the 5 codes anyway?

Not me, but grats to those who did. Very cool. :)

Hmm, let's take a look at something shall we (may cause rage or nostalgia or both at the same time).
Halo 2 btb playlist

* Assault - Headlong, Terminal and Zanzibar.
* Multi Bomb - Containment and Waterworks.
* Multi Bomb BR - Coagulation.
* Neutral Bomb - Containment, and Waterworks
* Neutral Bomb BR - Coagulation
* One Flag CTF - Headlong, Relic, Terminal and Zanzibar.
* One Flag CTF BR - Burial Mounds.
* Multi Flag CTF - Containment, Waterworks
* Multi Flag CTF BR - Coagulation.
* Flag Wars - Waterworks.
* 3 Plots - Terminal and Turf.
* Land Grab - Containment, Headlong and Relic.
* Team Duals XTRA - Beaver Creek, Lockout, Midship and Sanctuary.
* Gulch Wars - Coagulation, Containment.

Halo 3 Btb playlist

* Big Team Slayer - Avalanche, Last Resort, Rat's Nest, Sandtrap, Standoff and Valhalla.
* Multi Bomb - Avalanche, Rat's Nest, Standoff and Valhalla.
* Neutral Bomb - Avalanche, Rat's Nest, Sandtrap, Standoff and Valhalla.
* One Flag CTF - Avalanche, High Ground (Beta), Last Resort, Rat's Nest, Standoff and Valhalla.
* Multi Flag CTF - Avalanche, Rat's Nest, Sandtrap, Standoff and Valhalla.
* Territories - Avalanche, Last Resort, Sandtrap and Valhalla.
* 1 Sided VIP - Last Resort.
* VIP - Avalanche, Rat's Nest, Sandtrap and Valhalla.
* 2 Flag Heavy - Avalanche Heavy, Valhalla Heavy, Standoff Heavy, Sandtrap Heavy.

Halo reach btb-WTF happened? Its filled with shitty slayer and headhunter variants.

Mizzou Gaming said:
Just got a Tweet from WayPoint, they are giving codes away at PAX between 1-5 at the HALO tournament.

eh, Ill be at work by then. I dont mind buying the map pack, I have planned to anyways. But it would be nice to get it even slightly early haha.

ugh, i spent 3 hours last night trying to do nightfall LASO and had the worst luck with it. a bunch of times one of the rangers would hope over to the second building (the one before the gutas) and spot me. a few times i ran too fast and met the elite ultra in the second building on the stairs.

the first time i got all the way to forky, i couldn't get it to push me through the gate.

the other time i got to forky, someone spotted me and a plasma turret blew me up before i could get to the gate.

sigh.

any more tips? i was following the mythic guide pretty closely, but it seemed like there was a lot of dumb luck involved.

Mizzou Gaming said:
Just got a Tweet from WayPoint, they are giving codes away at PAX between 1-5 at the HALO tournament.

If only I was in America. :(
If they are literally handing out codes like popcorn, someone grab us gaffers some!

bobs99 ... said:
If only I was in America. :(
If they are literally handing out codes like popcorn, someone grab us gaffers some!

This &#8593;&#8593; You lucky PAX goers have your mission, now get it done. I recommend the patented create a diversion then have your buddy swoop in for the kill, I mean codes. If that doesn't work just sweep the leg and take 'em that way.

Hey You said:
Will keep checking this thread for giveaways. I don't want to have to wait till Friday to play on these maps :/

I'm keeping watch on Twitter, I'll let everyone know if I come across some giveaways on there. That should cover it all I believe.

MackVee

Neo Member
xxjuicesxx said:
Fileshare. Link that file man. Lets see if we can get him banned.
Done. FYI, my gamertag is MacJurkin and he's not with me despite what his in game name says. This is his actual tag. He seems to be able to jump from tag to tag, maybe to aviod getting caught?

-edit. Whoever rendered, thank you.

Hey You

Mizzou Gaming said:
I'm keeping watch on Twitter, I'll let everyone know if I come across some giveaways on there. That should cover it all I believe.
Thanks. I'm hoping some websites will start giving them out randomly so we can have a chance.

Nuborn said:
Didn't expect to get a code, even bought some spacebucks. Feeling stupid now, CHEERS!

I hate to hear that. Tell you what this one time I guess I'll help you out by taking that code from you. I hate to see u being stupid. : )

Nuborn

Mizzou Gaming said:
I hate to hear that. Tell you what this one time I guess I'll help you out by taking that code from you. I hate to see u being stupid. : )

I aint meaning to gloat but better luck next time :lol

MrBig

Mizzou Gaming said:
No offense but I hope you get relentlessly t bagged on all 3 maps today, ALL DAY LONG. lol I kid, i kid
I'm not sure if you're aware, but I started the entire code begging movement

MrBig said:
I'm not sure if you're aware, but I started the entire code begging movement
Nzajr.jpg

kylej

Banned
MackVee said:
Done. FYI, my gamertag is MacJurkin and he's not with me despite what his in game name says. This is his actual tag. He seems to be able to jump from tag to tag, maybe to aviod getting caught?

np. That video was ridiculous.

Tawpgun

My uncle works for 343 and he said if you beg 343 times they will give you a code. My other uncle also works for bungie and he said it was legit.

CyReN

I have 343 followers on twitter and it's my bday tomorrow. This has to be some kind of sign for someone to send me a code..

If anybody down I'll be on mm/customs at 3pm est.

Tawpgun

MackVee said:

That was the most badass jetpack ever.

EDIT: We see media + GAF impressions on Monday.

equil

Alright so I downloaded the maps, but I cant find them in custom games? Anyone know whats up?
I think someone else had this same problem.

I hope there are some more codes being handed out today - fed up of missing out! I'm just going to sit on GAF for the rest of my Sunday hitting F5.

*hits F5.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
Ah well if you wanna free your fileshare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht1hJ59TXA8&hd=1
Bungie better not let this turn into another fucking Halo 2. And not just banning tags, but banning xboxes please. $20 wont stop them but $200 might.

And really NoF, why can't you do what you did back in the good ole days? It worked. Slayer doesn't; unless you are catering to CoD fans. Which you shouldn't be. And opening a Obj BTB would not last because no one would play it.
Striker said:
Hopefully after he sorts out the Classic playlist, Jeremiah heeds through the BTB playlist and rids the junk, i.e. Countdown removed, Drop Shield AA removed, Bro Slayer removed, Headhunter removed, Sniper removed, decrease Elite Slayer, and add all forms of Assault. The playlist will become instantly better with those small changes.
BTB could easily do with Tombstone, Coag, Containment, and Headlong. I can completely rebuild my remake of Headlong (it was my first reach map) if that's what it'll take. The only other good one, which we played in customs last night, could be good if it was rebuilt, but it has some object flashing and framerate problems. Mine has none of that but it's more of a spiritual successor, so it may not be exactly what people want.

Also code begging etc. Please give code yes?

Striker

That guy modding also modded Halo 3.

How is he still getting undetected?

ElzarTheBam said:
H
Halo reach btb-WTF happened? Its filled with shitty slayer and headhunter variants.
I'm quite sure Halo 3 didn't have Multi-Bomb, sadly. I recall mostly being forced to play Slayer or flag. Slayer is fine, but it, like Reach's BTB, showed up far too much. I didn't care for 3's BTB map quality, either. Valhalla was the only one worth-standing until Avalanche got released, which fared a bit better. Still, the quality wasn't too thrilling compared to 2's set, where you had everything from symmetrical to asymmetrical maps. :(

Hopefully after he sorts out the Classic playlist, Jeremiah heeds through the BTB playlist and rids the junk, i.e. Countdown removed, Drop Shield AA removed, Bro Slayer removed, Headhunter removed, Sniper removed, decrease Elite Slayer, and add all forms of Assault. The playlist will become instantly better with those small changes.

MrBig said:
Bungie better not let this turn into another fucking Halo 2. And not just banning tags, but banning xboxes please. $20 wont stop them but $200 might.

Well thats how the new Classic playlist is going to work, H2 maps, and every other game you get modded and sniped in the face over and over by flying devil horn robots! Really give you that Halo 2 feeling :)

O D I N

A27 Tawpgun said:
This was in the most downloaded. It's obviously fake... I think... but really well done and I have no idea how.

YUjHw.jpg

I'm baffled. No idea how this could've been done.

I can't even contemplate where the shot was taken from. Looks like a Falcon.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
This was in the most downloaded. It's obviously fake... I think... but really well done and I have no idea how.

http://i.imgur.com/YUjHw.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Possibly it's one of the Bullfrogs in the back, a spartan in the middle, and a marine dying in the front with his arms up.

A27 Tawpgun said:

YUjHw.jpg

Wha? Maybe he is dead and flying through the air with a marine behind him...and somehow the hands worked out looking like he is holding the helmet? =P

Top Bottom