• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

blamite said:
Heh, I guess I should post the super-shitty Halo 3 montage I made right before Reach came out? Put this together in a few hours in Movie Maker, mostly as a test to proove that I actually could make a montage. Wish I has saved up more clips over Halo 3'd lifespan, but I did the best with what I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLlN6C5zts

I'm currently planning on attempting to put together a new, better montage for Reach. We'll see.

Speaking of Montages, here's a few...

http://vimeo.com/19583827 - This one was presented to me at my Stag-do..

http://vimeo.com/15518755 - and this one I made for the launch of Reach. (First one I ever made)

wwm0nkey

I demand more customs soon, it was A LOT of fun last night, havent had fun in reach in awhile but man, soooo good last night without any AA's.

equil

blamite said:
Heh, I guess I should post the super-shitty Halo 3 montage I made right before Reach came out? Put this together in a few hours in Movie Maker, mostly as a test to proove that I actually could make a montage. Wish I has saved up more clips over Halo 3'd lifespan, but I did the best with what I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLlN6C5zts

I'm currently planning on attempting to put together a new, better montage for Reach. We'll see.

Mine doesnt even compare to yours lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlcNItv-VXI

Gui_PT

Letters said:
Had so much fun at customs, usually with Reach I leave customs after just a few games but tonight played for like 3 or 4 hours, what a difference playing Classic-style makes. :_)

wwm0nkey said:
I demand more customs soon, it was A LOT of fun last night, havent had fun in reach in awhile but man, soooo good last night without any AA's.

THIS.

Anyone have any clips from yesterday?

I wish clips would capture team dialogue. Would love to have that "Everyone stand on the flag" moment :lol

Edit: Does anyone still want to run Defiant Customs today? I'd love to help.

Raide

One of the issues I had when making maps, was trying to figure out how to balance them for all the AA's. The Classic Movement (Which I started) means I can try and focus on making better maps.

Tunavi said:
Yup, Urk was playing with us
Urk. I hope he played bad like everyone @Bungie.

wwm0nkey said:
But you've not played Halo 2? :(

Gui_PT said:
I'm in.

wwm0nkey

Gui_PT said:
THIS.

Anyone have any clips from yesterday?

I wish clips would capture team dialogue. Would love to have that "Everyone stand on the flag" moment :lol

Good times yesterday, and for the most part everyone was actually talking a lot which never happened when I was in the customs before :lol

seriously though great times where had :D

Popeck

Gui_PT said:

I might be able to join, at least if the customs were held in the evening GMT, at a time more suited for European players. I got the maps yesterday, but only two guys from my friends list have them, so it would be nice to get some actual playtime with the new maps.

Customs last night proved to me that Reach DOES have life left in it...the game just needed a little tweaking. I look forward to running the classic playlist with you guys.

So much fun. It's even got me in the mood to forge maps specifically for the Classic settings.

Hydranockz said:
Nostalgia from Halo 3 customs tonight for sure. Some really solid maps, a great laugh and some really awesome matches. That game of Multi-flag on Hang 'em high was really awesome! At one point bobs I think had gotten our flag on top of their base but we somehow managed to return it.

<3 HaloGaf

Haha yeah I felt like a right tool. I got stuck on the geometry at the top (was kinda my own fault) - and people on my team were screaming for me to cap it but I just couldn't move. It was also pretty late so I couldn't even call it out lol.

Props to Urk for staying so long though, I kept asking if he could throw on the blue flames but I guess I was too quiet, it was pretty cool to actually see them in game, they really do visually stand out a lot from everything else. I couldn't stop laughing at the betrayal on the headlong remake btw.

And it was awesome playing with some of the other gaffers, I would love to get some proper MLG games going with some of you, I reckon I could beast with Tashi, but just never let me drive a Hog around. :p

As for the classic settings themselves, I still think they have room for improvement. Right now the limitation is that if you make guns powerful, as a side effect snipes and nades turn REALLY powerful. At the moment I think guns feel a tad weak but nades are a little too strong. When it comes to movement I haven't got a clue how Default feels in comparison to Classic, so this might be totally off - but I kinda want a slightly higher jump. That said I did manage to ninja someone yesterday so its probably about right. :p The lack of armour abilities REALLY helped to make it great.

I think when the playlist rolls out it will be the only playlist I ever play - old school maps with old school settings with Reach netcode. Yaaay. :p

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
Haha yeah I felt like a right tool. I got stuck on the geometry at the top (was kinda my own fault) - and people on my team were screaming for me to cap it but I just couldn't move. It was also pretty late so I couldn't even call it out lol.

Props to Urk for staying so long though, I kept asking if he could throw on the blue flames but I guess I was too quiet, it was pretty cool to actually see them in game, they really do visually stand out a lot from everything else. I couldn't stop laughing at the betrayal on the headlong remake btw.

And it was awesome playing with some of the other gaffers, I would love to get some proper MLG games going with some of you, I reckon I could beast with Tashi, but just never let me drive a Hog around. :p

As for the classic settings themselves, I still think they have room for improvement. Right now the limitation is that if you make guns powerful, as a side effect snipes and nades turn REALLY powerful. At the moment I think guns feel a tad weak but nades are a little too strong. When it comes to movement I haven't got a clue how Default feels in comparison to Classic, so this might be totally off - but I kinda want a slightly higher jump. That said I did manage to ninja someone yesterday so its probably about right. :p The lack of armour abilities REALLY helped to make it great.

I think when the playlist rolls out it will be the only playlist I ever play - old school maps with old school settings with Reach netcode. Yaaay. :p
Will probably be the only playlist I play as well, until you know Halo 2 XBLA :lol

Does anyone know of any sites/blogs/twitterers that are giving away DEFIANT Map Pack Codes today? I'm a man on a mission trying to get my hands on one today. Pray for me if you go to church : )

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hypertrooper said:
Why aren't you asking a question? Now a lurker can get it, too.
And I'll not buy Resistance 3 anymore

so you're saying you'll go pre-order R3 if I PM you this other code? :-D

Wow. It seems like everyone had a lot of fun in customs. Glad to hear it. Wish I could've joined. Hopefully we can organize some Defiant customs tonight.
Devin Olsen said:
This is what I have so far.... I think a big problem I am having is I cannot find a good/fun song. Usually once I find a song I can make the clips work.

http://i.imgur.com/oE4F1.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Am I really [I]that[/I] bad against you? :P

Miggytronz

I think a gaffer gave me a invite into customs last night, but i already was in a room with 5 of my friends.

Thanks for the invite whom ever it was.

jstevenson said:
so you're saying you'll go pre-order R3 if I PM you this other code? :-D
Nope, sir. It is already pre-ordered. Should I pre-order it twice? But I've already a code. But I guess Flipyap hasn't :) I would pre-order it again if you give Flipyap a code :)

Remember I've got a copy of BATMAN AA(360), GTA Episodes from LC(360), or Burnout Paradise(PS3) I'll trade for one DEFIANT Code. Desperate measures initiated. : )

lybertyboy said:
No need to pre-order. First 5 to PM with their favorite Halo weapon of all time get a map code.
Wow! Good luck guys. There will for sure be enough for Defiant Customs tonight.

Btw- if someone chooses AR please disqualify them. ;)

omg I messaged the wrong person lol. That pretty much sums up my entire search for defiant saga.

Un freaking believable, congrats to those that got them though, just not my day.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I heard some fellow Halo GAFfers were looking for a teammate? I'm outside the tourney room noe ready to enlist.
Yep. ncsuduncan needs a teamate. But it will be easier to contact him if you've a twitter account and send him a reply. (I can do it for you, if you haven't twitter.)

Sanjuro

Hypertrooper said:
Yep. ncsuduncan needs a teamate. But it will be if you've a twitter account and send him a reply. (I can do it for you, if you haven't twitter.)
I busted out the laptop, my phone I would have needed you. Going to shoot him a message now. My problem is I was posting in the PAX East thread. :/

O D I N

Hypertrooper said:
Can't wait to see the first person who post this:
BR,
BR,
BR,
BR,
BR

I actually said Plasma Grenade.

I love sticks. :) And it's been a consistent weapon throughout the series.

But I'm sure there were 5 before, so whatev. Cheers to the winners.

I'll catch you guys Tuesday.

lybertyboy said:
And that's 5. Will send codes out to winners ASAP.
my-body-is-ready.png

MackVee

Neo Member
Fun, I just ran into the same gamertag as the one in my previous posts cheating again. This time his in game name was labeled as my guest. I betrayed him twice and he tries to take the moral high ground by booting me. Laughs.

Twice in a couple of days. I hope this doesn't get as widespread as it was in Halo 2. That shit ruined multiplayer.

Karl2177

MackVee said:
Fun, I just ran into the same gamertag as the one in my previous posts cheating again. This time his in game name was labeled as my guest. I betrayed him twice and he tries to take the moral high ground by booting me. Laughs.

Twice in a couple of days. I hope this doesn't get as widespread as it was in Halo 2. That shit ruined multiplayer.
What happened this time? Was it similar to the Shadehog?

O D I N said:
I actually said Plasma Grenade.

I love sticks. :) And it's been a consistent weapon throughout the series.

But I'm sure there were 5 before, so whatev. Cheers to the winners.

I'll catch you guys Tuesday.
I remember Lee Wilson in the Legendary playthrough commentary said he would miss Plasma Grenades the most. That comment kind of perplexed me..are they so iconic to the Halo franchise that Bungie couldn't fashion a similar weapon in their new franchise? Will grenades go bye-bye altogether in their new action game?

Sanjuro

I already got a code today from the booth, so who knows. I may end up with an extra one to give away.

Still hanging around. Not sure if to just go on the standby list or if there will be room on Team GAF. My twitter is @sanjurotsubaki. I just started using it this weekend...so I think I messaged him properly? Not quite sure though.

Top Bottom