• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Devin Olsen said:
This is what I have so far.... I think a big problem I am having is I cannot find a good/fun song. Usually once I find a song I can make the clips work.

I highly recommend looking up some stuff by Pendulum--admittedly, a lot of their work sounds the same, but it seems like it'd be perfect montage music. I think you should check out Prelude, Slam (these two go right into each other, bow chikka bow wow), Propane Nightmares, and The Island - Part II (Dusk).

zlatko

Banned
Im_So_Pringles said:
I also don't see how that picture could have been fabricated :O It's cool though.

If you look at the picture the Spartans helmet is actually connected to where the neck of his suite is on the body. That means the marines head behind him is another character model altogether using the Spartan to overshadow the rest of the body of the marine.

feel

I'm so satisfied with last night's games I even felt like doing a gif

29oqxbp.jpg

Ghal on the goose going for the splatter, sikamikanico on the overtaking kill-stealing hog, gollum getting splattered, me ignoring enemies in favor of teabagging the fallen teammate

MrBig

Zee-V70 said:
I highly recommend looking up some stuff by Pendulum--admittedly, a lot of their work sounds the same, but it seems like it'd be perfect montage music. I think you should check out Prelude, Slam (these two go right into each other, bow chikka bow wow), Propane Nightmares, and The Island - Part II (Dusk).
Absolutely do not do Slam or Prelude. Pendelum is a more expectable source for montages that I wouldn't really recommend but propane and The Island Pt 1 (Dawn) are good songs by them that would fit.

Now for my real recommendation - Total Fascination by Pretty Lights.

Letters said:

29oqxbp.jpg

Ghal on the goose going for the splatter, sikamikanico on the overtaking kill-stealing hog, gollum getting splattered, me ignoring enemies in favor of teabagging the fallen teammate

I don't know how Ghal did it, since he has played a total of -3 multiplayer games in Reach, but crossroads is just pure Halo. Love it.

Letters said:

29oqxbp.jpg

LOL! Brilliant. And I wasn't kill-stealing...I was helping.

Haha I left my computer minutes before lybertyboy posted! Just my luck. I'll try get a code for a gaffer in the meantime though. I don't have the pack myself, but I know there are far more deserving folks out there than me.

Letters said:

29oqxbp.jpg

I'm laughing my ass off at this. The angle makes it seem like the warthog didn't get pushed onto two wheels--it sort of just pulled a Speed Racer and went two wheels on its own and activated boost to kill gollum.

Tashi,

Check your inbox and let me know what you think of the 'tage.

Also - That gif looks hilarious. Wish I could have joined you guys last night.

Karl2177

Willeth said:
I like how because of the typo that he later corrected, that you can see that you hit Quote and then went searching for the gif for five minutes.
I realized the original was on imageshack, so had to reup it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Raide said:
http://i.imgur.com/KjECC.png

Those that played the above map, any feedback or replays that I can look at?

Cheers! :D
Just ensure that whatever team I spawn on gets to the real utopia first. :D

Raide

Plywood said:
Just ensure that whatever team I spawn on, gets to the real utopia first. :D

:D

I really hate maps where I fall off, since I do it all time. So I add random teleports. I was going to spawn in a small room and you have to fight your way out to get teleported back home.

wwm0nkey

So when do you guys want to do another un-official mid-day custom :D

I have the newest version of the Lockout remake for when we do classic.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
So when do you guys want to do another un-official mid-day custom :D

I have the newest version of the Lockout remake for when we do classic.
I'm on now tweaking watershed. Throw me an invite. I even got some new remakes, including the newest classic lockout.

I'm sorry I booted you Destructo but you were honestly annoying me, breaking my map karma and all.

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:
I'm on now tweaking watershed. Throw me an invite. I even got some new remakes, including the newest classic lockout.

I'm sorry I booted you Destructo but you were honestly annoying me, breaking my map karma and all.
Ok I shall be getting on now then. If anyone else wants an invite just message me.

equil said:
Alright so I downloaded the maps, but I cant find them in custom games? Anyone know whats up?
I think someone else had this same problem.
Sorry if old, iPhone is crawling at snail's pace today. If you're still having probs, delete/move any legendary or Reach marketplace content off your hard drive (flaming helmet etc). I moved it to my internal memory card on the arcade. This worked for me.

Gui_PT

Dax01 said:
I propose that we organize a time tonight for Defiant customs. I wanna play on the new maps some more!

How does tonight at 8 sound?

Sounds good to me. Can't stay long but I'd love to join even if just for a bit. Count me in.

Edit: 8 is regular customs time? Maybe 1 hour earlier if possible?

equil

MrBig said:

Destructo isnt from GAF.

MrBig

Dax01 said:
Don't let me prevent you from getting together with others earlier than 8. I can't do 3pm (that's ForgeGAF custom time right?).
Yes we are on right now playing some more classic. Send a message to Mr Kwatz.

Merguson

Banned
Hey You said:
Someone at HBO yesterday Mentioned Sunday. I thought here too.

I was told.. March 16th.. wat

EDIT:

Actually, it says Monday, March 16th after looking at the message again.. a little mistake there.. oops

feel

Sikamikanico said:
LOL! Brilliant. And I wasn't kill-stealing...I was helping.
From Ghal's camera perspective it looked like he pressed a power-up button to summon a rampaging warthog attack.

Top Bottom