• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tawpgun

I think it's monday somewhere in the world right now.

Might as well, right?

:D

No but really. Team Tactical needs to make a comeback.

vhfive

Toddler said:
Does anyone here post from ChadSucks? That's who won the PAX tourny.

Edit: Holy shit, Chrome has my avatar doing triple time!
Did you watch the final? because I was there also (I had a blue hoodie on).

Also I played a bunch on condemned and played some firefight on unearthed (twice solo and once 4 person). Good maps hopefully I get back to my house in CT at a reasonable time to play some defiant customs tonight.

Gui_PT

Don't want to ruin Dax's customs but does anyone want to play just a couple of matches on the new maps? (just one or two games)

I'll try to make it to customs, but since I have to get up early, I can't promise anything =\

VVVEdit: Guess I'm not getting the Legendary Edition Statue lol

zlatko

Banned
I figured you'd guys want to know how this faired when I messaged him when I was still trying to buy a copy of Reach:

Deputy Moonman said:
zlatko said:
Got linked from the Reach OT that you may want to be parting with your copy?

I'm trying to find a cheap copy of the game to buy.

PM me back if you want to sell it.
sorry dude. i still play the game. it's the closest thing to what i want in a fps. but bungie fucked it up and i wish they knew how badly they did it.

Toddler

vhfive said:
Did you watch the final? because I was there also (I had a blue hoodie on).

Also I played a bunch on condemned and played some firefight on unearthed (twice solo and once 4 person). Good maps hopefully I get back to my house in CT at a reasonable time to play some defiant customs tonight.
Nah, caught it on the twitter feed.

Wish I was there though. We need to have a PAX South badly.

Toddler

Uphill Both Ways is so bad ass. Good montage :thumbsup

BTW vhfive: Were you at the Griffball panel? If so I think I saw you on their panel vid...

vhfive

Toddler said:
Uphill Both Ways is so bad ass. Good montage :thumbsup

BTW vhfive: Were you at the Griffball panel? If so I think I saw you on their panel vid...
nah I went to the Roosterteeth one though.

Also you know what look like? 0_0

Can someone take over for me for Defiant customs at 8? I'm playing with someone right now, and he doesn't have the maps. I'll join you guys when I can.

Gui_PT

Dax01 said:
Can someone take over for me for Defiant customs at 8? I'm playing with someone right now, and he doesn't have the maps. I'll join you guys when I can.

I'm playing on my own right now. Hop on everyone.

Karl2177

You know, to make a worthless analogy-getting one of the codes was like bloom. Those who spammed the trigger got a code immediately, while some of the folks who paced their shots are now at the respawn screen without the maps.

EDIT: Or they got the codes by scripting a shade turret on a Twitter Warthog.

Tashi0106 said:
<3 Thanks guys

that video....

jizzed_in_my_pants.gif

Karl2177 said:
You know, to make a worthless analogy-getting one of the codes was like bloom. Those who spammed the trigger got a code immediately, while some of the folks who paced their shots are now at the respawn screen without the maps.

Wouldn't pacing your shots get your kills faster than spamming bullets when there is bloom?

Dug

Banned
Karl2177 said:

Beautiful, 5 stars. I cried.

MrBig

Mizzou Gaming said:
Um yeah several in here already have all of them achieved. Me? Not so much, I think I'm the only one that doesn't have the maps...well me and you. : )
Yes I have seen that, but I only know their names, what do you have to do?

e: nvm they are up on xbox.com now.

Dug

Banned
MrBig said:
Yes I have seen that, but I only know their names, what do you have to do?
Defiant Map Pack Achievements
Return to Sender (GS 30) - Defiant: Successfully return two flags in a matchmade CTF game.

Crackin' Skulls (GS 45) - Defiant: Kill 3 players with the Oddball in a matchmade Oddball game.

Candy from a Baby (GS 75) - Defiant: Capture two flags from an enemy capture zone in a matchmade Stockpile game.

(these might be them)

Toddler

Karl2177 said:

Contrary, this analogy has worth.

Karl2177

cool_dude_2049 said:
Wouldn't pacing your shots get your kills faster than spamming bullets when there is bloom?
4 spam to head will win a majority of the time. I wish I could say an absolute, but luck happens to be a part of bloom, just like getting the code as well.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A27_StarWolf said:
does anyone know if highlands will have any forge options at all?

The same as non-Forge World or Tempest maps. So very little to none. It doesn't have Special FX filters either although it does have lots of crates.

Karl2177 said:
4 spam to head will win a majority of the time. I wish I could say an absolute, but luck happens to be a part of bloom, just like getting the code as well.

That really just depends on how close you are to the target.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27_StarWolf said:
I happen to think so, most people don't agree
Definitely not when your upclose and even spamming from a distance can at times still net you a headshot. Anyway nice clips Tashi considering the short amount of time.

Plywood said:
Definitely not when your upclose and even spamming from a distance can at times still net you a headshot. Anyway nice clips Tashi considering the short amount of time.

well who fires slow up close anyways? lol

Tawpgun

cool_dude_2049 said:

No. It's a matter of when to spam shots and when to pace. If they're all up in my face I will spam for body shots and if close enough, keep spamming for the head. Usually a 5 shot kill.

If they're farther away I spam the body, hold it, and get pinpoint headshot.

If they're decently far away... say.... Top Reflection all the way down to the end of one of the hallways, I'll always pace.

The problem with bloom is its not clear cut.

A spammer can still get lucky at mid range and take you out. It's that luck factor that people don't like. It might only happen 1/10 times, but the fact that it does happen is bad enough.

I'm STILL trying to control bloom. I have a fairly decent control on it, but when shit hits the fan I tend to freak out and not wait long enough to get a precision headshot. A lot of people just don't like the aspect of "I aimed perfectly at the guy but bloom denied me the kill."

If
when
another Halo FPS gets made, I want hitscan, but NO bloom at all. Give automatic weapons their spread, and just build the gameplay around a DMR/BR like weapon that has a max kill time equivelant of the H2 BR.

Not sure what to do about AA's/Equipment. Keep Overshield and Camo on map. Remove Camo AA, Remove Armor Lock, and put AA's on the map as pick ups. Each map would only have like 1-4. 4 being for the larger maps. AA's can be picked up from dead AA users too.

Lazslo

Tashi that opening Rocket shot was awesome. Nice timing bro! Map pack looks good- can't wait to spend $10, unlike you other freeloaders...

A27 Tawpgun said:
No. It's a matter of when to spam shots and when to pace. If they're all up in my face I will spam for body shots and if close enough, keep spamming for the head. Usually a 5 shot kill.

If they're farther away I spam the body, hold it, and get pinpoint headshot.

If they're decently far away... say.... Top Reflection all the way down to the end of one of the hallways, I'll always pace.

The problem with bloom is its not clear cut.

A spammer can still get lucky at mid range and take you out. It's that luck factor that people don't like. It might only happen 1/10 times, but the fact that it does happen is bad enough.

I'm STILL trying to control bloom. I have a fairly decent control on it, but when shit hits the fan I tend to freak out and not wait long enough to get a precision headshot. A lot of people just don't like the aspect of "I aimed perfectly at the guy but bloom denied me the kill."

If
when
another Halo FPS gets made, I want hitscan, but NO bloom at all. Give automatic weapons their spread, and just build the gameplay around a DMR/BR like weapon that has a max kill time equivelant of the H2 BR.

Not sure what to do about AA's/Equipment. Keep Overshield and Camo on map. Remove Camo AA, Remove Armor Lock, and put AA's on the map as pick ups. Each map would only have like 1-4. 4 being for the larger maps. AA's can be picked up from dead AA users too.

I totally understand this concept, but my comment was directed toward this analogy since distance matters:

Karl2177 said:

Karl2177

cool_dude_2049 said:
That really just depends on how close you are to the target.
I guess that's where the analogy drops. The only counter I could come up with is how we're all equidistant from the target, aside from the 343i employees.

Dug

Banned
Plywood said:
Way to diss 90% of HaloGAF. :p
Now that I think about it, most of HaloGAF did get the maps for free...

Then again, I did get the last map pack for free, so I shouldn't be complaining.

Top Bottom