• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Anyone notice the large amount of AFKers in firefight?

It seems more rampant than usual. I'm playing with an eclipse that only have 16,000 matchmaking kills. That can't be right.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
cool_dude_2049 said:
Anyone notice the large amount of AFKers in firefight?

It seems more rampant than usual. I'm playing with an eclipse that only have 16,000 matchmaking kills. That can't be right.
This is what happens when rank means how much time someone is on the game versus how good they are.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Striker said:
"Posted by: Jeremiah
My goal is to have 100% community remakes, I don't want any default maps to exist in the playlist."

:)

while that is fucking awesome, i think it would be nice to have the reach maps in as well. the more maps the merrier and i'd like to play some of the new stuff with classic settings (Mmmmm powerhouse)

Hopefully this playlist could possibly lead to some of these remakes being implemented into the regular matchmaking playlists. I still feel the Lockout and Warlock should be in there because I have expected them to be ever since I saw them in the Forge Vidoc.

Devin Olsen said:
I wish I had more time to play some more games/get better clips... But I think it turned out good in the end.

Defiant Map Pack Minitage

*It says the audio may be blocked in some countries, let me know if you guys have any issues with audio*

Both montage's were great! The highlights for me were Tashi's predicted rocket Triple Kill and Devin's Ghost Overkill/Splatter spree. The maps look awesome too, from what I've seen of them. I'm excited to find out for myself come Tuesday just how well they play.

The Classic playlist seems like it should be good fun too.

zlatko

Banned
It just hit me that all my Reach data was scrapped off my 360 hard drive a while back. What will I have to unlock again? I imagine the armor is still unlocked if it's tied to my online rank, but are the only things I lose my saves for the campaign and control settings?

Willeth

zlatko said:
It just hit me that all my Reach data was scrapped off my 360 hard drive a while back. What will I have to unlock again? I imagine the armor is still unlocked if it's tied to my online rank, but are the only things I lose my saves for the campaign and control settings?
Halo games save to a weird combination of Bungie servers, your storage device, and your profile. You might find you've lost nothing at all.

However, I'd bet you've lost your campaign checkpoints but not control settings or cR progress.

feel

Striker said:
Posted by: Jeremiah
My goal is to have 100% community remakes, I don't want any default maps to exist in the playlist.
:)
To be honest I find that very disappointing, I was hoping for a mix of defaults, remakes and original ones so I could just play it almost exclusively and still get some visual variety.

zlatko

Banned
Willeth said:
Halo games save to a weird combination of Bungie servers, your storage device, and your profile. You might find you've lost nothing at all.

However, I'd bet you've lost your campaign checkpoints but not control settings or cR progress.

I <3 Bungie for thinking ahead of time for things like this. It'd suck to have to unlock all the armors/rank up again. :(

Letters said:
To be honest I find that very disappointing, I was hoping for a mix of defaults, remakes and original ones so I could just play it almost exclusively and still get some visual variety.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a mix. If there is a Sanctuary/Asylum in the classic playlist, it needs to be this one. If that happens, I will spend the rest of my days in that playlist.
I probably will anyways.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
I wish there was a remake map pack so Classic could be the greatest playlist of forever. If they announced that I would just give them my money.

Willeth

zlatko said:
I <3 Bungie for thinking ahead of time for things like this. It'd suck to have to unlock all the armors/rank up again. :(
Yeah, I had a memory stick break on me a while ago and it basically stopped me playing a couple of games because I had to replay so much lost progress. For Halo (3, at the time) and MW2, though, all my multiplayer stats were synced online and I could just jump back in. I cannot wait until shoving this stuff on the cloud is commonplace.

Hearing that Jeremiah is going to try to make the classic playlist 100% remakes is very good news. The only bad thing about this news is that every map will look the same :/

Tawpgun

Good Default maps for classic:

Anchor 9: Seal off space since its broken with the settings.
Countdown
Powerhouse
Tempest
Reflection: I guess its a remake anyway...

Eh, then again, I won't mind an all remake playlist. I'm still liking the maps in the community playlist and haven't gotten bored of them.

Could any of you Defiant peeps tell us if Condemned would be good for classic? I'm mainly concerned about the low grav area. On Anchor 9 you can't make some of the jumps.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
Good Default maps for classic:

Anchor 9: Seal off space since its broken with the settings.
Countdown
Powerhouse
Tempest
Reflection: I guess its a remake anyway...

Eh, then again, I won't mind an all remake playlist. I'm still liking the maps in the community playlist and haven't gotten bored of them.

Could any of you Defiant peeps tell us if Condemned would be good for classic? I'm mainly concerned about the low grav area. On Anchor 9 you can't make some of the jumps.
Highlands looks like a very classic map both in design, gameplay, and aesthetics.

Tawpgun

MrBig said:
Highlands looks like a very classic map both in design, gameplay, and aesthetics.

You sure its not a bit big for 4 v 4? I'm assuming thats going to be the playlist size unless we also get BTB Classic.

But please don't go the 6 v 6 middle ground... It's much too big for most of the maps, and feels empty on the bigger BTB ones.

Havok

Dani said:
Urge to post Defiant impressions rising. Resistance falling to all time low. =s
Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

Do it. Do it now.

Tawpgun

Dani said:
If Tashi got the OK for the montage being released I believe you should be able to post impressions... I think.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dani said:
"Just keep in-depth impressions to yourself till the weekend at the earliest"

That's what I was told...do what you want now.

Letters said:

I'm gonna have to co-sign on this. We should have Reflection at the very least in the playlist.

Toddler

Well, griffballhub was giving away codes on their twitter
to their forum mods & members in the form of a "contest"

Whatever....

Dani said:
I got the go ahead. =)

A few words on the Defiant Map Pack - is 343i and CA up to the task?

Awesome, reading now. So does this mean you guys can post pics? It feels weird with so many people owning the maps, and not seeing a storm of impressions, pics, vids, etc.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Demoncarnotaur said:
Awesome, reading now. So does this mean you guys can post pics? It feels weird with so many people owning the maps, and not seeing a storm of impressions, pics, vids, etc.

Bnet still hides all the new maps, pics and vids so we need to wait until that's lifted or get a capture card. Should be shortly though.

Questions can be answered in depth if you wanna ask or anything.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dani said:
Bnet still hides all the new maps, pics and vids so we need to wait until that's lifted or get a capture card. Should be shortly though.

Questions can be answered in depth if you wanna ask or anything.
What's your favorite map? Also rate them all like this:

:D
:|
:/

Get back on the Reach to find that the season is 3 months long now?

So i get to wait even more for a division placement?

I heard going backwards is a good design decision.

Top Bottom