• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

dc89

Account Attempt #4 said:
First off, sorry you're having so much trouble :(
Let me restate: I moved all Reach related "Marketplace content", aside from the Noble Pack, to my internal MU. Then cleared the cache on the HD, re-DL'd the Defiant pack and it finally worked. Again, this was with a pre-release code. If this doesn't work for you perhaps it's time to call it in?

Yeah it's a real pain! I bought my maps off the marketplace.

Well I've just tried a cache reset so fingers crossed.

Edit: OMFG I love you man!!! I love you so much. :')

Striker said:
Beaver Creek

Believe™

Really hoping we get a forge world again sooner rather than later. Urban themed. In the basic elements, roll out Turf, Headlong, and Terminal. Make better appropriate spaces for building larger scale maps, etc.

I'd like a ForgeWorld that doesn't try to shoehorn a default map into the layout.

Make it just one big, flat level. No hills, no walls. A skybox and a floor. Maybe not even a floor. :p

AJ5hal.jpg

A27 Tawpgun said:
1 Small arena.
1 really good large scale BTB
New forge world.

Believe.

Honestly, the game still needs great small maps.

I'd be super happy with two awesome small maps and a new forgeworld with a different pallette (human city!) that has a good, large BTB area as the default. Maybe with another small map as a second default config?

PS, I LOVE UNEARTHED. I played a seriously tense game of Crashsite on it last night - generator spawned in the garage, which meant I didn't have to worry about incidental damage from Phantoms, just the hordes of aliens bearing down on me. It was phenomenal.

GhaleonEB

Yay, time to play some Firefuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

There's no DLC Firefight playlist.....
oddworld18 said:
PS, I LOVE UNEARTHED. I played a seriously tense game of Crashsite on it last night - generator spawned in the garage, which meant I didn't have to worry about incidental damage from Phantoms, just the hordes of aliens bearing down on me. It was phenomenal.
Yup, that was the same location of the generator when I got the Killionaire on. (If someone with a capture card would render it, I'd be grateful, since b.net doesn't like the file.)

Popeck

Raaaah, now the game won't let us play the new maps in the Defiant playlist. It just says "Load Failure. Initiating new vote" until Noble maps come into play. Paska peli.

dc89

Popeck said:
Raaaah, now the game won't let us play the new maps in the Defiant playlist. It just says "Load Failure. Initiating new vote" until Noble maps come into play. Paska peli.

It did that first time with me.

Second time one of the new maps loaded. Slayer on Highlands.

Raide

A27 Tawpgun said:
Ok, new idea.

1 New arena map
1 Small remake
New forge world with well designed btb maps(headlong plz)

I don't want a really detailed map with mountains and whatnot (mainly to cut out the major slowdown on detailed maps). All I want is 5 or 6 large square themed areas, with a Skybox around them. Snow, Urban, Human, Covenant, Desert, Space :p

GhaleonEB

Load failure on the first game here as well. Went through three or four rounds of voting on all Defiant maps, then got 100% Tempest. That was vetoed for Tempest or Breakpoint. Ended up with BTB Snipers on Tempest - not quite what I had in mind when I hopped in the Defiant hopper.

So there are three issues right now:

The map loading failure.

There is no Unearthed playlist, so I can't play with more than just myself outside of customs.

In Score Attack it's given equal weighting as the other eight maps.

Not the best roll out. I spent all week excited to play on Unearthed with multiple players in matchmaking, and it seems to have been ignored in favor of the two MP maps. I don't understand that decision.

ElRenoRaven

You know what. I'm about to get seriously pissed off here. I don't need a goddamn pop up reminding me I don't have the new pack and asking me if I wanna buy it every time I search for a fucking game. Talk about an easy way to drive me from playing the game for good.

KevinRo

Raide said:
I don't want a really detailed map with mountains and whatnot (mainly to cut out the major slowdown on detailed maps). All I want is 5 or 6 large square themed areas, with a Skybox around them. Snow, Urban, Human, Covenant, Desert, Space :p

I like this idea, actually.

GhaleonEB said:
Load failure on the first game here as well. Went through three or four rounds of voting on all Defiant maps, then got 100% Tempest. That was vetoed for Tempest or Breakpoint. Ended up with BTB Snipers on Tempest - not quite what I had in mind when I hopped in the Defiant hopper.

So there are three issues right now:

The map loading failure.

There is no Unearthed playlist, so I can't play with more than just myself outside of customs.

In Score Attack it's given equal weighting as the other eight maps.

Not the best roll out.

I want to play Unearthed with some people.

DL'd the maps. Ran through Highlands and Condemned. Highlands looks to be a standout without even playing on it. Played a score attack on Unearthed. Very fun firefight map, the way it was designed creates some very interesting and tense AI movements and setups. On the last wave, I killed the driver of the ghost, snagged the ghost, and then went to work trying to kill the camo elites. That was something that was missing from the disc firefight maps.

I'll be looking to play the playlist later.

Also, I have more the 3 pieces of "content" and I didn't have to delete anything...

As for the next map pack, 5 maps is an absolute must.

1 arena map
1 Turf remake
1 firefight map
1 invasion/big team map
1 forge world of straight epicness

Pennybags

A27 Tawpgun said:
Ok, new idea.

1 New arena map
1 Small remake
New forge world with well designed btb maps(headlong plz)

I would love The Pit with a different aesthetic. The map was great, but damn if wasn't ugly.

It's taking forever to download these maps.

Just played my first game of Highlands. What a fantastic map.

Definitely brings back memories of Timberland, and I love how you can risk going out in the open, or take the safer road at the edges (a la Valhalla).

It's awesome!

Unearthed is good fun too, but very tricky in single player (i.e. Score Attack). Should be great with multiple players though.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
Yay, time to play some Firefuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

There's no DLC Firefight playlist.....
I laughed.

Next map pack should be six maps, so everyone gets a couple of maps for their favorite modes instead of just one. 2 btb (proper), 2 small and 2 firefight (nothing tailored for Invasion, screw that mode). To cover costs make it more expensive, don't give so many free codes away and don't waste too many man hours building outrageous map backgrounds.

Just got home, but it's time for some Champions League drama, Defiant has to wait.

PsychoRaven said:
You know what. I'm about to get seriously pissed off here. I don't need a goddamn pop up reminding me I don't have the new pack and asking me if I wanna buy it every time I search for a fucking game. Talk about an easy way to drive me from playing the game for good.

I have an easy solution to your problem.

I had no problems loading the maps. Ghal, have you downloaded the 692 MB version of the maps? If you have the 400 MB version, that could be the problem.

Devin, I'm sorry I didn't accept your invite. I was only one for a couple of games and by time you sent me the invite, I was in a game.

Raide

Dax01 said:
I had no problems loading the maps. Ghal, did you download the 692 MB version of the maps? That could be the problem.

Devin, I'm sorry I didn't accept your invite. I was only one for a couple of games and by time you sent me the invite, I was in a game.

Wait, wait...is 692 one the bad one or the good one? I previously downloaded the 400 odd one and via the in-game link, I am now downloading the 692 one.

Pennybags

Letters said:
Next map pack should be six maps, so everyone gets a couple of maps for their favorite modes instead of just one. 2 btb (proper), 2 small and 2 firefight (nothing tailored for Invasion, screw that mode). To cover costs make it more expensive, don't give so many free codes away and don't waste too many man hours building outrageous map backgrounds.

I like this a lot.

I don't mind Invasion but it gets in the way of proper BTB.

Pennybags said:
I like this a lot.

I don't mind Invasion but it gets in the way of proper BTB.

I actually love Invasion (I know its not to popular around GAF), but I do agree it's been a shame that the Invasion/BTB map situation has hurt the BTB map situation (Also Bungie trying to pass maps like Paradiso as a map for any mode doesn't help either).

Gui_PT

xxjuicesxx said:
GUI you gettin on about now? Theres a 5k daily challenge in campaign I'd like to do.

Sorry Juices, I work all day now. Can't help you at the time you asked.

I WILL get on in about an hour, if you still need the challenge.

Anyone else who wants to party up for a bit(not only for challenges), let me know.

MrBig

Come home to play Defiant. Join Devin. Maps don't load you say? Ok then lets play elite slayer on Breakpoint! Because that's supposed to be in the playlist! Cue 15 minute low scoring shitfest of vehicles.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
I had no problems loading the maps. Ghal, have you downloaded the 692 MB version of the maps? If you have the 400 MB version, that could be the problem.

I load the maps just fine, I re-downloaded them this morning and then played a custom game on Unearthed.

In the third game in the Defiant playlist where someone has a map load failure.

Game 1: BTB Snipers on Tempest

Game 2: Elite Slayer on Breakpoint

Game 3: I'm ejected from the party after four rounds of map load failures. Game starts without me.

Does anyone know if there are anymore map pack code giveaways happening? Now seems like the best time to try those as im guessing the competition will be severely reduced. If not meh a part of my first paycheck (when it finally rolls through) can go towards the maps. :p

Pennybags

MrBig said:
Come home to play Defiant. Join Devin. Maps don't load you say? Ok then lets play elite slayer on Breakpoint! Because that's supposed to be in the playlist! Cue 15 minute low scoring shitfest of vehicles.

Banshee dominance on Breakpoint Elite Slayer is absolutely brutal.

Steelyuhas said:
Bungie trying to pass maps like Paradiso as a map for any mode doesn't help either

Oh, gawd, I was in a good mood until now. Thanks a lot, bro. ;)

Top Bottom