• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tha Robbertster said:
I don't think this has been brought up yet:
With the new Arena system, based on your wins and not individualy skill, wouldn't it be possible to ad objective gametypes to the Arena?
The current Arena looks a lot like Halo 3 rankings system, only instead of numbers, you get a division.
Ofcourse, this doesn't replaces Halo 3's ranking system, but it is a begin and my friends and I would love to have a somewhat ranked objective playlist, or MLG and maybe even Invasion.

I'd definitely like to see Arena Objective.
The biggest problem I have with the current playlist setup is that there are (at least) 2 types of people that go into Objective playlists:

1. People that want to actually play objective (and try capturing flags/territories/bombs)
2. People that want to improve their K/D ratio by playing Slayer in Objective gametypes.

Before, there were two playlists:

A. Team Objective (Ranked)
B. Social Objective (Unranked)

The asshole Type 2s would go into playlist B, since they don't want their rank in playlist A to suffer when they get 30 kills but lose the CTF game.

Now, there is only Team Objective (Unranked), so the Type 1s that actually go for the flag have nowhere to hide from Type 2 teammates.

wwm0nkey

Im starting to actually wonder if it was the maps in Halo 2 or how the game play worked with the maps that made them so awesome. The maps all suited the fast paced style of Halo 2 and all had perfect layouts.

343, PLEASE make the new Halo as fast as Halo 2 was gameplay wise. We enjoy shorter kill times.

Hey You

I wonder if its possible to do a weekly challenge like:

"Earn 1 Million Points in the Co-operative Hoppers this week."

So you could earn them in either Firefight MM or Campaign MM (Or split between both).

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
Im starting to actually wonder if it was the maps in Halo 2 or how the game play worked with the maps that made them so awesome. The maps all suited the fast paced style of Halo 2 and all had perfect layouts.

343, PLEASE make the new Halo as fast as Halo 2 was gameplay wise. We enjoy shorter kill times.
Lockers just gonna keep on lockin straight into the the next game and beyond.

e: noooooo I was about to get a no death slaso TotS run and then the final grunt's methane tank chain exploded all the grenades :(

Oh well. I'll take the 13k cR anyway.

ncsuDuncan said:
I'd definitely like to see Arena Objective.
The biggest problem I have with the current playlist setup is that there are (at least) 2 types of people that go into Objective playlists:

1. People that want to actually play objective (and try capturing flags/territories/bombs)
2. People that want to improve their K/D ratio by playing Slayer in Objective gametypes.

Before, there were two playlists:

A. Team Objective (Ranked)
B. Social Objective (Unranked)

The asshole Type 2s would go into playlist B, since they don't want their rank in playlist A to suffer when they get 30 kills but lose the CTF game.

Now, there is only Team Objective (Unranked), so the Type 1s that actually go for the flag have nowhere to hide from Type 2 teammates.

I may have an extreme sulution to atleast the people who just want to credit farm:
Make it so that you'll only get credis for winning a game or that your team will get credits for every flag etc they score.
Ofcourse, the amount of credits earnd for winning would be a lot higer then the win reward is now.

I hope this encourages actually playing to win a match of CTF/Bomb/Odball etc

Raide

wwm0nkey said:

Seems like the early Halo maps focused around arena combat, a little like Quake maps. Favouring quick reflexes and knowing the layout of maps perfectly gave Halo 2 its unique flavour. As the gameplay options began to increase, so did the need for bigger maps that focused around BTB or vehicles.

Now with Halo Reach, the amount of 4v4 maps with CQC and learning the maps are nearly non-existent. Thats why I love trying to make them in Forge. :D

Hey You

Tha Robbertster said:
I may have an extreme sulution to atleast the people who just want to credit farm:
Make it so that you'll only get credis for winning a game or that your team will get credits for every flag etc they score.
Ofcourse, the amount of credits earnd for winning would be a lot higer then the win reward is now.

I hope this encourages actually playing to win a match of CTF/Bomb/Odball etc
Yeah, its so simple. Bungie was able to change the credit payout for Gruntpocapyse. They should do the same for Objective.

Less credits for kills (or even better not count Kills in the playlist towards your overall K/D) and more credits (for your whole team) when a Flag is captured, a bomb is armed, your team disarmes a bomb, Capturing a territory, Collecting Flags in stockpile etc

I would have liked to have a "Objective" win/loss stat in-game. Like CTF Games won/lost: 107/69 etc

wwm0nkey

Raide said:
Seems like the early Halo maps focused around arena combat, a little like Quake maps. Favouring quick reflexes and knowing the layout of maps perfectly gave Halo 2 its unique flavour. As the gameplay options began to increase, so did the need for bigger maps that focused around BTB or vehicles.

Now with Halo Reach, the amount of 4v4 maps with CQC and learning the maps are nearly non-existent. Thats why I love trying to make them in Forge. :D
Well even then all the default maps play better with the classic settings too.

I really just hope the next Halo is fast paced like 1 and 2.

Also I don't think I would mind the slow paced fights if this game was like shadowrun but mixing Halo with Shadowrun was a bad idea. Both good games on their own but should NEVER touch.

Striker

Hey You said:
Yeah, its so simple. Bungie was able to change the credit payout for Gruntpocapyse. They should do the same for Objective.

Less credits for kills (or even better not count Kills in the playlist towards your overall K/D) and more credits (for your whole team) when a Flag is captured, a bomb is armed, your team disarmes a bomb, Capturing a territory, Collecting Flags in stockpile etc

I would have liked to have a "Objective" win/loss stat in-game. Like CTF Games won/lost: 107/69 etc
Make it team based for flag captures, bomb arming, disarming, territories captures (also for 3 Plots), etc., then I agree. I wouldn't see a sense in keeping a k/d ratio for it, either, it would make sense. Make it all about W/L and it can work nicely. Just don't put in shit like Headhunter. Make it based around CTF, Bomb, 3 Plots, and a hint of KotH and Oddball. I didn't include Stockpile because unless it is on a symmetrical map, it's rather not fair for most teams, i.e. the placing of flags and zones in Powerhouse.

I could easily make a chart, ala Halo 2 map/gametype combo and think it would desirable for most.

wwm0nkey said:
Also I don't think I would mind the slow paced fights if this game was like shadowrun but mixing Halo with Shadowrun was a bad idea. Both good games on their own but should NEVER touch.
Ditch the gimmicks, i.e. AA's and equipment and place OS/INV around on maps like Halo 1/2 and it'll be amazing. Count on it.

Louis Wu

wwm0nkey said:
lol - really?

I don't.

I like that I can make a mistake, and not have it always be fatal. I LIKE that Halo's not a twitch game - that winning often (not always, but often) requires teamwork.

If you enjoy shorter kill times, why not play a game that caters to that - any of the CoD series would fit?

Dax01 said:
And here it is, ladies and gentlemen, your moment of zen.
rofl - I was sitting there yelling at you "He's not coming back!" and then he came back.

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:

I like this, but I'd make it even simpler.

Keep the Commendation payouts.

Reduce the current Game Complete bonus to about 1/4 the current payout.

Boost the Performance Bonus payout high enough to make up the difference, and then some, since it's tied to the winning team. Bam.

The Game Complete payout has been adjusted before, for the Score Attack playlist as you noted. It's based on time played, and Score Attack accures at about 1/4 the speed of a MP game. Regular Firefight accures at about 1/2 the speed of MP; Score Attack used to be the same. So we know they can adjust it easily; likewise with the Slot Machine, since that got tweaked.

As a side note, they can also change voting restrictions easily, since we now have three voting rounds in Firefight Limited and Arcade, a change made mid-last week after the release of the new maps. Where I'm going with this is I'd like to see the voting round limit removed for Score Attack. Since it's juts me playing, I don't see the harm in letting me pick my map and game type combo; about half the time, I don't get something I really want with the current eight round limit.

wwm0nkey

Louis Wu said:
lol - really?

I don't.

I like that I can make a mistake, and not have it always be fatal. I LIKE that Halo's not a twitch game - that winning often (not always, but often) requires teamwork.

If you enjoy shorter kill times, why not play a game that caters to that - any of the CoD series would fit?
No I hate the CoD games (except for CoD2)

Im not saying make it twitch based im saying bring the kill times and speed more to Halo 1 and Halo 2 pace rather than slow both down to a crawl.

Louis Wu said:
lol - really?

I don't.

rofl - I was sitting there yelling at you "He's not coming back!" and then he came back.

Woah, really!?? I cant believe you of all people are posting this, you must have watched millions of montages showcasing that all of the above is possible and that Halo is all about teamwork. Halo is less about twitch shooting and much more about thinking strategically.

Sure to a certain level who can aim better wins out, but once you hit a plateu where everyone is equally adept at twiddling theyre thumbs then thats when the gameplay really gets interesting. If you have never played competitive customs against equally skilled opponents you have missed out on what makes Halo so great.

With Halo 3 even with the faster kill times you could still easily escape and houdini around your opponents with smart play/ quick reactions and good understanding of the map. Unless you were caught with your pants down you really could make up for the odd mistake by simply escaping. Halo has never been a twitch game but with Reach the kill times really are too long, Halo has typically struck the balance between allowing for individual encounters to happen while keeping the gameplay fast paced, with Reach the gameplay feels a lot more stagnant and the individual battles feel sloppy.

Sure with older Halo you could have moments where you 1 man army it (which I really miss with Reach), but most of the time you HAD to work as a team to win.

Louis Wu said:
lol - really?

I don't.

Heh, while this is true, I do think Reach's push it a bit far in one direction, and I think the map designers compounded this a bit, but having small maps that have tons of cover and stuff in your sight lines.

I mean, I appreciate that the longer kill times have brought the effectiveness of some of the middle tier weapons out. The needler, Plasma Pistol, Magnum, all slot in really nicely, and can be used to give you an advantage in DMR start games in ways that previous iterations failed. I think it also opens the door to some new power weapons that would be fairly pointless with shorter kill times. The Focus Rifle didn't work out so well, thanks to it being overly nerfed, but the grenade launcher, with it's alt firing is probably the best addition to the arsenal since the the BR. Still, I think those could work with a midrange kill time of ~2.5 seconds, where right now it's probably closer to 3 seconds.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
Has anyone watched the hate speech research video from the Singapore-MIT Gambit Game Lab?

It's not a shocking revelation that hate speech spews like a frothy cauldron over Xbox Live. But hearing it and knowing it came from people who play Reach makes me sad.

I'm not a minority citizen of the U.S. I'm not a member of the LGBT community. I don't have first-hand experience with this level of racist, homophobic, derogatory slander.

But people shouldn't have to use Mute All, stick to Party Chat or deal with this level of disrespect because of their race, religion or lifestyle. It's common human decency.

This makes me want to get a 48-hour account and hear this for myself.

Edit: To be fair, the group set the chat preference to rowdy.
What the XBL mods should do is have gamertags such as the ones mentioned in the article, that way they can actively find and ban these twats.

Yeah, there's a huge gap between Reach's kill times and Call of Duty's. There's a happy medium somewhere in the middle there that I think Halo 1/2/3 were closer to than Reach is.

It's really a delicate balance.

You want kill times to be long enough so:
- It's not a game of "I saw you first" (like Call of Duty is)
- If someone shoots at you, there is enough time to react and escape/retaliate before you die.

But you want kill times to be short enough that:
- You don't allow rampant "bottom feeding" where the engagement takes so long that it is common for another player to show up and clean up the leftovers.

I think the Armor Abilities tend to increase the amount of Bottom Feeding, by letting players extend the kill time with Armor Lock until a teammate sprints in and mops up the attacker...
In Reach, teamwork is "Get over here and save me while I filibuster with armor abilities!"
In previous games teamwork meant "We stuck together, let's save each other!"

I'd like to see how Classic plays in this regard.

wwm0nkey

Striker said:
Always felt Halo 1/2's times were faster than 3's. Perhaps 3's would've been better if they had hitscan.
Halo 3 with hit scan would have been AMAZING.

Again though one reason I loved Halo is because the kill times where fast but not fast enough and gave you just enough time to turn the tables if you where good. In Reach its just way too long. I think Halo 2 hit the mark with it though the kill times where decently fast but so was the shield charging so you could get in and out of a battle really fast.

wwm0nkey said:
Halo 3 with hit scan would have been AMAZING.

Again though one reason I loved Halo is because the kill times where fast but not fast enough and gave you just enough time to turn the tables if you where good. In Reach its just way too long. I think Halo 2 hit the mark with it though the kill times where decently fast but so was the shield charging so you could get in and out of a battle really fast.

I think the kill times in Reach are pretty spot on once armor lock is out of the equation.

Louis Wu

bobs99 ... said:
Woah, really!?? I cant believe you of all people are posting this, you must have watched millions of montages showcasing that all of the above is possible and that Halo is all about teamwork. Halo is less about twitch shooting and much more about thinking strategically.

Sure to a certain level who can aim better wins out, but once you hit a plateu where everyone is equally adept at twiddling theyre thumbs then thats when the gameplay really gets interesting. If you have never played competitive customs against equally skilled opponents you have missed out on what makes Halo so great.

With Halo 3 even with the faster kill times you could still easily escape and houdini around your opponents with smart play/ quick reactions and good understanding of the map. Unless you were caught with your pants down you really could make up for the odd mistake by simply escaping. Halo has never been a twitch game but with Reach the kill times really are too long, Halo has typically struck the balance between allowing for individual encounters to happen while keeping the gameplay fast paced, with Reach the gameplay feels a lot more stagnant and the individual battles feel sloppy.

Sure with older Halo you could have moments where you 1 man army it (which I really miss with Reach), but most of the time you HAD to work as a team to win.
I'm not sure, but I think you misread my post. I agree with you that older Halos required teamwork. I agree with you that in most cases, Halo has NOT been a twitch game (Halo 2 swat is a pretty major exception). What I'm not sure I agree with is that Reach went too far towards the 'slow' end. Maybe that's just cause I'm old. :)

GhaleonEB

Something I've been doodling with during lunch hours at work. Pardon the compression, I can't access the site I'd normally host this at from work.

FirefightLimited.png

There are a few conditions I may add later (is the map Beachhead? Did they get in the Rocket Hog? ---> totally screwed), and there's the caveat that if you are good and therefore can hold out without dying the entire game - like this - then you'll be fine. But it was complete enough that I was amused by it and wanted to share. I can usually tell how long the game is going to last within one minute of the game starting. Unless I don't die, of course.

Louis Wu said:
lol - really?

I don't.

"If you enjoy shorter kill times, why not go play a game that caters to that." Did I just go into the twilight zone or something? This is Halo we're talking about here, right? My mind is blown. It's like people didn't even play Halo:CE or Halo2... You know! the games that were all about fast twitch reflexes and quick kills? Even then, a person could survive when they didn't get the first shot off... even if they made a mistake.

Halo has done such a massive 180 from Combat Evolved and Halo 2 that people can seriously come on a forum and say this kind of crap. FML This kind of stuff is when I know it's over. Halo will never be Halo again.

Deputy Moonman said:
"If you enjoy shorter kill times, why not go play a game that caters to that." Did I just go into the twilight zone or something? This is Halo we're talking about here, right? My mind is blown. It's like people didn't even play Halo:CE or Halo2... You know! the games that were all about fast twitch reflexes and quick kills? Even then, a person could survive when they didn't get the first shot off... even if they made a mistake.

Halo has done such a massive 180 from Combat Evolved and Halo 2 that people can seriously come on a forum and say this kind of crap. FML This kind of stuff is when I know it's over. Halo will never be Halo again.
Your posts are always great to read.

GhaleonEB said:
Something I've been doodling with during lunch hours at work. Pardon the compression, I can't access the site I'd normally host this at from work.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/ghaleoneb/FirefightLimited.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I was hoping that you would visualize this. Awesome.

wwm0nkey

With all the talk about kills time I do think 343 needs to find a way to cater twords those who prefer Halo 1 and Halo 2 like kill times and those who prefer the Halo 3 and Reach kill times ( 3 wasn't that bad though)

The 2 ways I can see this happening is.

A) put 2 different play styles in the new Halo game
B) Arcade remakes of 1 or 2 (im voting on 2 obviously lol)

wwm0nkey said:
With all the talk about kills time I do think 343 needs to find a way to cater twords those who prefer Halo 1 and Halo 2 like kill times and those who prefer the Halo 3 and Reach kill times ( 3 wasn't that bad though)

Wouldn't it be easier to ask for tweaking options that separate bullet damage from explosive damage? That way people could make a speedier gametype without making grenades/rockets overpowered.

wwm0nkey

Hitmonchan107 said:
Wouldn't it be easier to ask for tweaking options that separate bullet damage from explosive damage? That way people could make a speedier gametype without making grenades/rockets overpowered.
shut up you.

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:
343 shud jus releese evry Halo game so dat evry1 ken be happy rite?
exactly :lol

idk I still just think Halo 2 has the XBLA feel to it, only real reason I want it on that service.

If there was ever a Halo CE remake though I would want it done on the new console.

Tashi0106 said:
343 shud jus releese evry Halo game so dat evry1 ken be happy rite?

343 should add pokemon to Halo, because then that way EVERYONE really would be happy. When I get you down to one shot I could then use my pokeball AA and capture you. mwuahahaha.

Wtf did I just type!??

Louis Wu said:
I'm not sure, but I think you misread my post. I agree with you that older Halos required teamwork. I agree with you that in most cases, Halo has NOT been a twitch game (Halo 2 swat is a pretty major exception). What I'm not sure I agree with is that Reach went too far towards the 'slow' end. Maybe that's just cause I'm old. :)

I probably jumped the gun a little, but wwmonkey was saying how he wanted the kill speeds to go back to the level it was at during Halo 2. I just assumed that the stuff you were saying in your post about fast paced twitch shooters, applied to how you felt Halo 2 played which made no sense to me and yeah I misread. To be fair I dont think wwmonkey wants anything faster than whats already been seen, which to the average person is already pretty slow. I dont think he was asking for CoD type gameplay in Halo, which is great because there is that ability to react and have 1v1 battles, but slowing down the killtimes too far even kills that off.

As for Reach being too far towards the slow end of the scale, I think its subjective. A lot of people think Halo 3 was too sluggish, personally I think Halo 3 hit the spot, so theres no right answer, with Reach though I do feel that the type of movements that could be pulled off in the past has been lost, a real dynamic to the combat just isnt possible anymore.

bobs99 ... said:
343 should add pokemon to Halo, because then that way EVERYONE really would be happy. When I get you down to one shot I could then use my pokeball AA and capture you. mwuahahaha.

Wtf did I just type!??

I think we have a winner. :^)

wwm0nkey said:
If there was ever a Halo CE remake though I would want it done on the new console.

I know it's still a long ways off, but that would be so badass if the Xbox 720 launched with a Halo CE remake on the hard drive. I'm pretty sure the Playstation 4 would just self-destruct.

wwm0nkey

ncsuDuncan said:
I know it's still a long ways off, but that would be so badass if the Xbox 720 launched with a Halo CE remake on the hard drive. I'm pretty sure the Playstation 4 would just self-destruct.
I dont think it should be included free, I think a $40 launch title sounds about right though. Seriously launch a new console with the thing that gave the Xbox life would be pretty awesome :)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
wwm0nkey said:

S8CPa.gif

W0xIg.gif

UhGgV.jpg

4mGIB.jpg

And no two different play styles for Halo is literally the worst idea ever.

Louis Wu said:
lol - really?

I don't.

this was what halo 2 was all about. I'm starting to put my finger on why it was so much better back then. One of the big advantages to Halo 2 is that I felt like I could do more in a fight than in 3 or Reach. Even if I made a mistake, the actions I could make in Halo 2 opened the possibility for incredible feats of skill.

Killing was about teamwork, movement both horizontal and vertical, and the ability to see ahead and be agile. In Halo 2 there was no bullshit when someone evades with no shield and your goddam bloom is down, you aim for their head and either:

Lol its under them cause they are rolling 20 ft and ways that are never predictable or make any sense.

Or you bring your reticule across your screen with a control stick which isn't accurate in the first place try to land the shot, and either you hit perfectly or miss by a hair but because its not longer 3 round burst and recoil is huge your left with nothing you can do.

This is just one major example that I am using do to its fresh nature in my mind.

Halo 2 gave you more options to be great while still giving normal people the chance to be good enough. The reticule bloom is one of many issues in Reach that work against the quick thinking player and leave you with little options. That kind of pinpoint accuracy (which is funny because the pistol doesn't even get a good reticule for this kind of accuracy) does not feel right on the console.

There was a great sense of a cat and mouse type fights in Halo 2 where either side could win depending on how well they played cat or mouse.

Edit: Oh yeah, one more thing. WHY IS SUDDEN DEATH STILL BROKEN?

Louis Wu

Deputy Moonman said:

rofl

yeah, you got me, dude. Never played Halo or Halo 2. Never realized they were all about twitch gaming. Totally new to this Halo scene...

(The fact that you'd even SUGGEST that says maybe you're too young to have played REAL twitch games, like Quake...)

wwm0nkey

Plywood said:
And no two different play styles for Halo is literally the worst idea ever.
Well I really can't think of an effective way to accommodate the 2 different play styles in a game, it really is one or the other :/

EDIT: Oh and I know im beating a dead horse, been doing it for awhile now :lol

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
rofl

yeah, you got me, dude. Never played Halo or Halo 2. Never realized they were all about twitch gaming. Totally new to this Halo scene...

(The fact that you'd even SUGGEST that says maybe you're too young to have played REAL twitch games, like Quake...)
I think the problem with the entire conversation is the responses are assuming a binary set of choices - twitch, and whatever you'd call Halo. When the various Halo games have landed at different points on a continuum, all quite a ways away from twitch. Reach has moved further away from it, by design. So I don't think the question is twitch or not, but how far down that continuum people want the next game to land.

The range is basically Halo 2 on one end, and Reach on the other. That's the range we should be talking about, and what I assume you were talking about. Real twitch games like Quake and to an extent CoD don't fit into that framing.

Personally, I think Halo 3 got it just right in terms of base movement speed, weapon damage and X factors that slow the game down (equipment, power ups).

wwm0nkey said:
Well I really can't think of an effective way to accommodate the 2 different play styles in a game, it really is one or the other :/

EDIT: Oh and I know im beating a dead horse, been doing it for awhile now :lol
I think Halo has plenty of toggles to accommodate the spectrum between play styles, from Griffball to MLG. It's more a question of implementation. A cleaner separation between ranked and social/for fun games would help, IMO.

(The one thing I wish Reach had the option to do is set pick-upable AA's with a certain number of uses, from one-time to unlimited; a one-time use bubble shield, for instance, would fix something like objective.)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
wwm0nkey said:

wwm0nkey said:
Well I really can't think of an effective way to accommodate

wwm0nkey said:
Well I really can't think of an effective

wwm0nkey said:
Well I really can't think of

wwm0nkey said:
I really can't think

:/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
wwm0nkey said:
Halo 4/Dark Planetoid/Chief Returns/Whatever should first and foremost accommodate the actual fans of the game, because the casual player will play the game regardless of how it plays.

Having two different play styles will only garner idiotic debates as to which is better "Style 1 is better, you suck." "No style 2 is." /shit-flinging

Then it would splinter the player population and eventually one style would end up the more dominant and that would just the cause the remaining players of the other style to flock to the dominant style, just so they can get a game going. Which would then result in the all of the Style whatever playlist getting dumped or receiving no attention. So it's better to just have one style/feel and the game would be more balanced as a result of only one style/feel having been fine tuned.

And seeing as the majority of Halo diehards preferred Halo 2/3 I think it should be clear as to what we're asking for and should be getting from the next game.

Louis Wu said:
rofl

...he said, with the Club Errera avatar. rofl indeed.

The more I think about it, the more I think Armor Abilities are my biggest problem with Reach's pacing. And then I think about it more and realize it's just my Armor Lock hate leaking out. <insert Plywood's deadhorse.gif collage>

I am curious to see what direction 343i takes it in. It's a tough position, because they seem like they understand the hardcore gamer complaints, but they do have to bring something new to the table so the masses don't say they're just ripping off Bungie. I can't wait to see what they do.

Hey You

Striker said:
Make it team based for flag captures, bomb arming, disarming, territories captures (also for 3 Plots), etc., then I agree. I wouldn't see a sense in keeping a k/d ratio for it, either, it would make sense. Make it all about W/L and it can work nicely. Just don't put in shit like Headhunter. Make it based around CTF, Bomb, 3 Plots, and a hint of KotH and Oddball. I didn't include Stockpile because unless it is on a symmetrical map, it's rather not fair for most teams, i.e. the placing of flags and zones in Powerhouse.

I could easily make a chart, ala Halo 2 map/gametype combo and think it would desirable for most.
Yeah, Bungie didn't really think these things through or they just don't care about Objective. I mean we don't know if its more complicated, but we just came up with a quick solution in less than 5 minutes and Bungie had years to design Reach.

It would have to give the whole team credits for such actions, or people would be betraying for the objective. Also they could have easily included Objective Commedations in the game and make it team based.
Captured:
Your Team Captured a flag in a CTF Matchmade Game:
--------------------------------- 0/50
etc

I hope if a Title Update is released for Reach (by whoever), that adding more commendations will atleast be considered (Objective Commendations, Specific Weapon commendations could be cool, encourage people to use different weapons)

Top Bottom