• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

GhaleonEB said:
Has anyone ever had sudden eclipses like this? I've had several during the Campaign lately.
Yeah, always in that level. It's pretty much the same as your clip, the Spirit takes off, and then it momentarily looks like your Spartan put on his "Deal With It"-sunglasses.

It doesn't happen every time, but it happens a lot.

Gui_PT

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1500cR

Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

A Great Friend - 2000cR

Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Headshot Honcho - 1700cR

Kill 9 enemies with headshots in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Iron With Friends - 1750cR

Complete a Campaign mission co-op on Heroic or harder with the Iron Skull on.

Who wants to have a go at that co-op challenge?

MIMIC

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
First, if anyone wants to buddy up for some (real) Firefight, I'm on.

Second - A few other amusing moments from my ONI run to knock off the Campaign Challenge today.

I wish Elites could drive Warthogs. These guys kept getting loaded up, but they had no driver. Maybe they were waiting for the Grunt to hop in.

reach_11704289_Full.jpg

I'm going for the Legendary achievement (I always finish them on Legendary anyway....) and I finished this part a few hours ago.

After dying 2 or 3 times, I noticed that I was getting hit by BULLETS. "The CPU can't possibly be betraying me", I thought. Then I saw that the ELITE was fucking shooting at me with the turret @_@

Didn't expect that at all :lol

God damn this shit is hard

TimeLike

So I got a Reach tshirt, a Halo action figure, and the Reach soundtrack for Christmas. Should I feel guilty for playing Blops almost exclusively for the past couple months?

Raide

TimeLike said:
So I got a Reach tshirt, a Halo action figure, and the Reach soundtrack for Christmas. Should I feel guilty for playing Blops almost exclusively for the past couple months?

As long as you wear the T-Shirt and listen to the OST, you won't be going to Bungie Hell.

zumphry

Banned
Raide said:
As long as you wear the T-Shirt and listen to the OST, you won't be going to Bungie Hell.

Nah, he's definitely going to Bungie Hell once he gets slingshotted, but at least he'll just be in the 6th circle. :p

Gui_PT

Good games guise. Too bad the matches were rather laggy.

I think it's been proven that you can't lose while playing with Juices.

Gui_PT said:
Good games guise. Too bad the matches were rather laggy.

I think it's been proven that you can't lose while playing with Juices.

We just lost a lot, hard.

I'm trying to setup my stream though so I'm lagging trying to figure out what rate I can stream at. Turns out my internet is still the worst shit ever! YAY technology!

Oh I found this dude earlier in MM: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=drk bloodshed

he must be so big. gettin close to Noble.

Blueblur1 said:
Wow. That guy must have devoted the past 3 and half months of his life to this game. That's insane.
Holy crap. 9 days of multiplayer and 14 days of Firefight. I only have five days and one day, respectively. :/

Grabbed a perfection 18-0 then the immediate game after just lost to some randysauce 3.0 kids in slayer, looking at their stats I'm like why did I go -9? The game pretty much threw me into every bad situation you could think of that I had no chance of getting out of...I spawned and got plasma pistol beatdown'd instantly...I was like really? Then I spawned and got concussion rifled off the map...I was caught in a whirlwind of unbelievable bad.

Game made me rage quit the party I was in. So I go into the Puritanical MLG playlist of all that is right in Reach console gaming and grab a 19-10 team slayer game carrying my ostentatiously terribad teammates, 16 headshots, Needler Rifle beasting with a quickscope blainer at the end just to further display my alpha-male like domination with all that is holy and aimnesslike. http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=389655539&player=SometimesImEpic Amen

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
Grabbed a perfection 18-0 then the immediate game after just lost to some randysauce 3.0 kids in slayer, looking at their stats I'm like why did I go -9? The game pretty much threw me into every bad situation you could think of that I had no chance of getting out of...I spawned and got plasma pistol beatdown'd instantly...I was like really? Then I spawned and got concussion rifled off the map...I was caught in a whirlwind of unbelievable bad.

Game made me rage quit the party I was in. So I go into the Puritanical MLG playlist of all that is right in Reach console gaming and grab a 19-10 team slayer game carrying my ostentatiously terribad teammates, 16 headshots, Needler Rifle beasting with a quickscope blainer at the end just to further display my alpha-male like domination with all that is holy and aimnesslike. http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=389655539&player=SometimesImEpic Amen
This happens to me every time I'm not playing with a party. When I'm with gaf I go +10-+30. It's like magic

MrBig said:
This happens to me every time I'm not playing with a party. When I'm with gaf I go +10-+30. It's like magic
Never happen to me. When I play with Gaffers, I win the games but with -1 - -20 K/D. When I'm playing alone I always get a K/D from +1-+20 but I lose the games always :lol

Louis Wu

Zeouterlimits said:
Finally returned to my Legendary Solo Run after 2 months of ignoring it.
God damn. The fun challenge is there, but Fuel Rod Grunts and Turrets are often cheap, leaving a bad taste in ones mouth.
Just remember - all baddies shoot for center of mass - so cover works REALLY well when you're taking out non-moving targets (like turrets). Just shoot over the top of a rock (or a wall).

ZayneH said:
rofl - he was just making sure the area was clear. Several times. :lol :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
TacticalFox88 said:
Damn, I did love your Rouroni Kenshin Avatar.

It's still there, I've got a rotation going now.

xxjuicesxx said:
We just lost a lot, hard.

I'm trying to setup my stream though so I'm lagging trying to figure out what rate I can stream at. Turns out my internet is still the worst shit ever! YAY technology!

Oh I found this dude earlier in MM: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=drk bloodshed

he must be so big. gettin close to Noble.

:lol

Louis Wu said:
Just remember - all baddies shoot for center of mass - so cover works REALLY well when you're taking out non-moving targets (like turrets). Just shoot over the top of a rock (or a wall).
Heh, thanks.
On New Alexandria.

God. I hate it on Legendary. One long session, and I didn't even finish it (at the very end). Nightmarish at times. The Bridge section with the Concussion Rifles....
The Fuel Rod Brute after it..

God.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Zeouterlimits said:
Heh, thanks.
On New Alexandria.

God. I hate it on Legendary. One long session, and I didn't even finish it (at the very end). Nightmarish at times. The Bridge section with the Concussion Rifles....
The Fuel Rod Brute after it..

God.

Just jetpack up into the window.

Gui_PT

Sai-kun said:
My bf surprised me with this yesterday :D best gift evar!

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll276/Eternusforever/2ce22049.jpg

It's awesoommme :D[/QUOTE]

But what is that aboooooooouuuuuuut?!?!?!?

[spoiler]Sweet gift [/spoiler]

GhaleonEB

I'm going to pick up one of those shirts soon. But wearing it will make me smile, as I imagine someone asking what it is. I have no idea. Just some as-yet unexplained reference to Bungie's next big thing.

Which is good enough for me, of course. :lol

Heading on if anyone wants a FF partner.
Dax01 said:
We'll hook up, let me just take care of a few things. Will only take a few minutes.
Will do, I'll be in the lobby.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm going to pick up one of those shirts soon. But wearing it will make me smile, as I imagine someone asking what it is. I have no idea. Just some as-yet unexplained reference to Bungie's next big thing.

Which is good enough for me, of course. :lol

Heading on if anyone wants a FF partner.
We'll hook up, let me just take care of a few things. Will only take a few minutes.

Louis Wu

The best part of Christmas, with respect to Reach? Lots of new people playing.

I like guests.

(In just that sixteen second clip, you can count a TON of things I did wrong - and yet I paid for none of them. :lol :lol )

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:

I like how at this point Halo nerds pretty much speak in a different language. Imagine your parents or friends reading that. Funny ass post.

Devin Olsen said:
Heh.. Sugar Cookies, my girlfriend made them for Christmas... This is what is left of them.

http://imgur.com/Czyfhl.jpg[[/QUOTE]
I'm loving th varying degrees of icing on them :p

Just had a fairly meh session. Playing well enough, but wen you have a friend with 2 guests at what seems to be a house party of sorts so they collectively drag the team down... not fun :p

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:
Heh.. Sugar Cookies, my girlfriend made them for Christmas... This is what is left of them.

http://imgur.com/Czyfhl.jpp[/QUOTE]

They look yummy.
I'm interested in joining for a couple of games if other gaffers are interested too.

Nice setup you have btw.

Striker

Yeah guys were never idle or went negative in previous Halo games.

The thing Bungie needs to do is tackle the idle players who do so in MM and Firefight. It's just farming for cR.

Arnie

Striker said:
Yeah guys were never idle or went negative in previous Halo games.

The thing Bungie needs to do is tackle the idle players who do so in MM and Firefight. It's just farming for cR.
Just to clarify, this is sarcastic right? People idled and went negative all the time in Halo 3.

Arnie said:
Just to clarify, this is sarcastic right? People idled and went negative all the time in Halo 3.
there was almost no reason to sit and idle in Halo 3.

if your team lost you gain nothing... In Halo: Reach you gain cR no matter what, win or loss.

Top Bottom