• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

I just bought the gold visor for my Spartan. :) I really like the look of my spartan, right now. Yet I'll try to complete the whole armory and the commendations, too.

Hey You said:
I fired up reach today to get the challenges and I noticed in the Challenges part of the start menu, it said I didn't complete the weekly. I completed it the first day it came out.

It says I completed it on Bungie.net though.

I didn't reset my challenges or anything either, I never do that.

Were you a bad boy this year? Krampus might've taken it away.

Hypertrooper said:
I just bought the gold visor for my Spartan. :) I really like the look of my spartan, right now. Yet I'll try to complete the whole armory and the commendations, too.
The gold visor is awesome. I love it.

I encountered the "Carter gets left behind by the Falcon"-glitch on Winter Contingency today, a bug that rears its ugly head every once in a while. Checking out the film in Theater mode, however, revealed something far more nefarious going on.

Christmas was being threatened, and only one Spartan could save it.
It's a story of betrayal, seduction and badassery, wrapped in a Christmas spirit so bent it's hardly recognizable. Enjoy!

I love the way my Spartan looks right now. I still have some armor pieces to unlock, but I'm not even sure I'd apply them when I do.

It feels pretty good to head into any match, scope out the competition and know, 'Yeah, I've got the best looking Spartan in here.' Even cooler when people in the room give you props. :D

The Antitype said:
I love the way my Spartan looks right now. I still have some armor pieces to unlock, but I'm not even sure I'd apply them when I do.

It feels pretty good to head into any match, scope out the competition and know, 'Yeah, I've got the best looking Spartan in here.' Even cooler when people in the room give you props. :D
I'm pretty happy with the look of my Spartan now, too. I might get the Mark V shoulder pad when I hit Brigadier, but I think I pretty much finalized the look. There's nothing left in the Armory that looks more interesting than what I've got equipped now.

I spent so much credits on the Pilot and JFO helmets, only to switch back to my free Recon helmet now.

Striker

Gui_PT said:
That was the usual in the 1st couple of months (before blops came out) After that, quitters became less of a problem
I don't even find quitters a huge problem.

Playing BTB lately, its guys who aren't moving.

Rorschach

Striker said:
I don't even find quitters a huge problem.

Playing BTB lately, its guys who aren't moving.
Idle guys are worse than quitters. :|

Gui_PT said:
That was the usual in the 1st couple of months (before blops came out) After that, quitters became less of a problem
Guess it's because I roam solo. It's bad enough playing against full teams of clan members with random douchers, but every match had a quit. Sometimes, it's to your advantage since they have less to kill, but it's horrible when they're working together and outnumber you since you're almost endlessly flanked. Not to mention objective based stuff is impossible (not that anyone plays that :p).

Jroderton said:
Elite slayer on Hemorrhage has to be the worst gametype I have ever played. At least I'm 5k cR from the heart effect.
It really is one of the worst combinations in the game. On the other hand, in most experiences I have with it, it does nicely break the flow of non-stop armor locking smaller-scale maps such as Reflection provide.

Jroderton said:
Elite slayer on Hemorrhage has to be the worst gametype I have ever played. At least I'm 5k cR from the heart effect.
I enjoy Elite Slayer a lot more on Hemorrhage than Countdown and Sword Base. Because of the maps size, it's nearly impossible for me to get annoyed with the whole stick-armor-lock combo.
Self Induced said:
Dude, I love shooting people. It's the best part of these games.
Self Induced, you have your original avatar back. <3

J-Roderton

Blue Ninja said:
It really is one of the worst combinations in the game. On the other hand, in most experiences I have with it, it does nicely break the flow of non-stop armor locking smaller-scale maps such as Reflection provide.

Wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have to play it every other time I play BTB.

Striker

Blue Ninja said:
How is it one of the worst combinations if it reduces the amount of complaints it causes for smaller maps? Elite Slayer is enjoyable on larger maps. I despise it on smaller ones. Would like for Elite CTF and Elite Assault versions, but I doubt it.

Jroderton said:
Wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have to play it every other time I play BTB.
Headhunter, Stockpile, and Big Team Slayer is show up far, far too much.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Striker said:
How is it one of the worst combinations if it reduces the amount of complaints it causes for smaller maps? Elite Slayer is enjoyable on larger maps. I despise it on smaller ones. Would like for Elite CTF and Elite Assault versions, but I doubt it.

:lol

Striker said:
I fucked up, didn't mean to say it the way I did. I'm tired, thought I agreed with his post, realized mid-post I actually didn't and forgot to edit the beginning part. It happens. I hope.

But basically, in Elite Slayer, everyone goes to Armor Lock on smaller maps and Evade on larger ones. You've occasionally got the few people who go Camo or something else, but they're in the minority.

With Spartan games, I usually tend to see a lot more variety. Elite Slayer is fun, but it's fairly limited.

EDIT: And with that fuckup, I hit member. Figures. :p

Domino Theory said:
Elites won more than 60% of the time so I guess they decided to cut it.
I actually wouldn't mind seeing it return in Grab Bag or something, that'd be pretty cool. Sure, the Elites are more likely to win, but Firefight Versus wasn't exactly balanced either. :lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Blue Ninja said:
I actually wouldn't mind seeing it return in Grab Bag or something, that'd be pretty cool. Sure, the Elites are more likely to win, but Firefight Versus wasn't exactly balanced either. :lol

A Grab Bag playlist consisting of Elite Slayer, SvE, Grifball, Headhunter and Stockpile would be nice so that those gametypes could leave the other playlists. :)

Domino Theory said:
A Grab Bag playlist consisting of Elite Slayer, SvE, Grifball, Headhunter and Stockpile would be nice so that those gametypes could leave the other playlists. :)
Grifball's already getting a dedicated playlist, no? I don't really mind Headhunter or Stockpile, though the former is hugely luck-based.

If Elite gametypes had their own playlist, we could end up seeing some Dino objective games. You could still have an option for Elite gametypes in Big Team Battle, and perhaps even Multi-team. I just don't see it happening.

Thanks for the pics Barrow Roll, they are quite sweet. Would also love to see some Elites (and Coratana >_>).

Finally returned to my Legendary Solo Run after 2 months of ignoring it.
God damn. The fun challenge is there, but Fuel Rod Grunts and Turrets are often cheap, leaving a bad taste in ones mouth.

Just finished reading the re-issue of First Strike. The foreword was misleading; I don't think it's been re-written at all. I really wish 343 would address the discrepancies between Halo: Reach and the books, so we know which we should go by and which one we shouldn't.

Still, my hype is through the roof for Halo: Cryptum. It comes out January 4th; can't wait.

Dax01 said:
Just finished reading the re-issue of First Strike. The foreword was misleading; I don't think it's been re-written at all. I really wish 343 would address the discrepancies between Halo: Reach and the books, so we know which we should go by and which one we shouldn't.

Still, my hype is through the roof for Halo: Cryptum. It comes out January 4th; can't wait.
A new Halo book?! *dies* I love them all. Enjoyable reads. I just hope its by Eric Nylund.

zumphry

Banned
Sai-kun said:
Happy Halodays, HaloGAF! :3 I kinda miss playing with you all!

I need to make some time for Halo! My PC has been eating my time right up.

Or play Halo PC so we can do that LP you were talking about.

Hypertrooper said:
This is the real world, Sai-Kun. THIS IS THE REAL WORLD!

But maybe he's like me, and he wants to be in a suit with flashy lines over it riding lightcycles?

Oh and Merry Happy Christmas. Or whatever.

This is purely anecdotal, but Reach seems to be quite the holiday gift this year. There are more people on my friends list playing it tonight than I've seen since launch, and for many of them, this is the first time I've seen them playing the game at all.

GhaleonEB

First, if anyone wants to buddy up for some (real) Firefight, I'm on.

Second - A few other amusing moments from my ONI run to knock off the Campaign Challenge today.

I wish Elites could drive Warthogs. These guys kept getting loaded up, but they had no driver. Maybe they were waiting for the Grunt to hop in.

reach_11704289_Full.jpg

Kat and an Elite, in a Warthog turret game of chicken. (The one that's not invincible won.)

reach_11704302_Full.jpg

One of my favorite things to do in ONI is take the Gauss Hog beyond its intended point. It's quite useful.

reach_11704292_Full.jpg

reach_11704303_Full.jpg

I tried to get it in the elevator, but it doesn't quite fit. Just gets smashed and falls through the floor. :(

I only just now noticed that Warthogs were just kind of...stuck onto Pelicans. Poor gunners. :(

reach_11704300_Full.jpg

reach_11704288_Full.jpg

Has anyone ever had sudden eclipses like this? I've had several during the Campaign lately.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just played some 8 player system link Reach.

Oh my god, reminds me every time of how people can even begin to think playing online with people is better than playing with people right next to you. One of the best LAN console games ever.

Dax01 said:

It's so annoying to know that they actually reissued them knowing there would be discrepancies and didn't change any of the conflicting elements.

What was the point in the reissue? Not like the Adjuncts were particularly interesting, mostly just attempting to shove Legends into the cannon more effectively. Was really hoping that they'd tweak First Strike more to fit with the game, but apparently not :/ I'd really like to know the thought process that went into deciding to not alter the novels to fit with Reach.

CryptiK

Alienshogun said:
No offense, but looking at your stats I doubt it's your teams fault. Those "idiots" are probably the same skill level as you.
yep because I idle and quit >.> last five games there been atleast one idler and on quiter on my team

GhaleonEB

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
:lol

Thanks for the games earlier.

I'm just now starting to try out Sniperfight in earnest - it's quite fun. And the easiest one to work on the Perfectionist commendation. Gonna have to give it a shot on Holdout.

Yep, and yeah, Sniperfight seems to be a great way to go for Perfectionist. Just watch out for the Spec Op/Fuel Rod Grunts. I only remember them being a pest at the end of Halo 1, kinda wish it would've just stayed that way :lol

Top Bottom