• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

GhaleonEB said:
I was looking for a good (standard widescreen) shot from someone to use from whom I had permission; I don't want to snag some shot from a source or person and have them accuse me of stealing it.

Thanks for looking for it, Big.

Great shots, though. I'll just do a quick run through a level to their spawn location tonight and add it before (hopefully) publishing.
I want mah campaign review.

I want it.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
I want mah campaign review.

I want it.
This is for the Challenge article, which I finished this morning (pending editor approval). But it's so bursting wtih charts, graphs and tables I want to add a few screenshots to break it up a bit, and since I made a big point about the B.O.B.s thought that would be a good one.

Plus, they look awesome.

Writing about Halo has been tough when I'm working 8-8 and then coming in on Saturdays for a full day on top of it, so my planned deadlines keep getting blown up. (I saw my kids a total of 20 minutes over a four day span.) Hell week month should blow over soon, though.

Louis Wu said:
Hedge has already said that his shots are usable by anyone - and they're hosted by me. But I understand that's not a standard widescreen shot.

I'll see if I can get one for you, though. Save you the trouble. :)

Hedge is pretty brilliant at this stuff, with that pic I honestly thought it wasnt even in game for a second! Im guessing its from Winter Contingency?

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
I took three on Winter Contingency - hopefully at least one will be acceptable. :)

They didn't upload automatically, so I had to put them in my fileshare; when you're finished, let me know so I can clear them out.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18077774
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18077785
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18077801
Fantastic, I snagged the first one. Thanks a bunch. :)
MrBig said:
I hat it when it doesn't render parts of objects.
Heh. I didn't even notice that. Maybe I'll use the second one. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
This is for the Challenge article, which I finished this morning (pending editor approval). But it's so bursting wtih charts, graphs and tables I want to add a few screenshots to break it up a bit, and since I made a big point about the B.O.B.s thought that would be a good one.

If you need someone to look over it, let me know.

Just send me the text if you could, and I'll just send you the clean copy back. Save you the nonsense that I gave Dani. :^)

Whipped up a neat little panorama for my Age of Gratitude-submission, thought I'd share it with you guys:

I also decided to touch it up a bit in Photoshop, never did that before. :lol The version on AoG has an added lens flare, to simulate a sun.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Blue Ninja said:
Whipped up a neat little panorama for my Age of Gratitude-submission, thought I'd share it with you guys:

I also decided to touch it up a bit in Photoshop, never did that before. :lol The version on AoG has an added lens flare, to simulate a sun.

Looks a million times better without the horrid lens flare. Leave that shit to JJ Abrams. =P

Dani said:
Looks a million times better without the horrid lens flare. Leave that shit to JJ Abrams. =P
Wait 'til you see my Halo 3 sequel/reboot plans. The Chief got sent back through time to the start of the war, but the Gravemind followed him because he wanted revenge for the destruction of his kind. CRAZYNESS ENSUES.

Account Attempt #4 said:
Damn, dat's hot.
You should see the panoramas I cooked up earlier this week as a request for someone. I'm usually the harshest critic of my own work, but dammit, one of the shots I made is awesomeness poured into way-too-wide-screenshot form. Too bad I can't show it yet. :lol

Blue Ninja said:
Wait 'til you see my Halo 3 sequel/reboot plans. The Chief got sent back through time to the start of the war, but the Gravemind followed him because he wanted revenge for the destruction of his kind. CRAZYNESS ENSUES.

You should see the panoramas I cooked up earlier this week as a request for someone. I'm usually the harshest critic of my own work, but dammit, one of the shots I made is awesomeness poured into way-too-wide-screenshot form. Too bad I can't show it yet. :lol
:lol

Would view when allowed, :)

GhaleonEB said:

Plus, they look awesome.

Writing about Halo has been tough when I'm working 8-8 and then coming in on Saturdays for a full day on top of it, so my planned deadlines keep getting blown up. (I saw my kids a total of 20 minutes over a four day span.) Hell week month should blow over soon, though.
That's dandy and everything, but where's the review?

;)

Dax01 said:
That's dandy and everything, but where's the review?

;)
As long as you finish it before Halo 4 comes out I'm OK.

mostly...

2vihugx.jpg

And man do I love the look of Reach.

MrBig

Blue Ninja said:

All the post I do in photoshop for Reach screenshots is to duplicate the flattened image and blend it using soft light at 50% to compensate for the loss of gamma when it was compressed and uploaded. Anything more and the film grain becomes too apparent.

clav

Do you ever feel like your bullets/shots aren't working?

Sometimes I can one shot a guy, and other times it takes like 6 bullets to get a headshot working after the shields are down.

Achronos

Trasher said:
So render minutes expire? That sucks...

IIRC, render minutes don't expire, but you have to be an active subscriber to Bungie Pro in order to use them. If you your Bungie Pro subscription expires, you can't use your render minutes until you resub Pro.

Booshka

claviertekky said:
Do you ever feel like your bullets/shots aren't working?

Sometimes I can one shot a guy, and other times it takes like 6 bullets to get a headshot working after the shields are down.
That's good ol' peer to peer in action. When you shoot someone it sends the hit to the person you shot, then it gets sent back to you if it registers. When you see someone's shield flare up or blood when they have no shields (or snipe hits) but they don't take the damage, it means that it is not registering on your side.

vhfive

Achronos said:
IIRC, render minutes don't expire, but you have to be an active subscriber to Bungie Pro in order to use them. If you your Bungie Pro subscription expires, you can't use your render minutes until you resub Pro.
yea this is what happened with my rendered minutes

I still have a bunch if anyone wants something rendered

Found out my brother's been playing through ODST on Legendary. I'm gonna head home this weekend and join him. It's actually pretty crazy, in those days all we had was this 18" CRT which was years old and had this terrible skew on it. Basically reading bright text on games became impossible and it's terrible contrast made ODST pretty horrible to play... since then we got a 32" Panasonic HDTV of sorts and we never went back to it. I must say, I am looking forward to this :p

Top Bottom