• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Hydranockz said:
Magners League - Munster v. Leinster (Rugby)
Champions League Final (soccer)

And the community tourney all in one day? Rest my beating heart :p

Crack those pro plus out we're in for the long haul.

Epic Saturday

A27_StarWolf said:
Can someone tell me what time Community Customs start? So ik when to be on?
Customs start at the same time as the tournament. 7pm EST tonight. (So in roughly 6 hours.)

Dax01 said:
How are the customs going to work out? Will we get an invite from someone?
Sending an email out now to Team Captains/Community Leaders, but basically you send a message/invite to one of the 343 gamertags and they will send you a party invite back. That way our volunteers don't have to type out a hundred gamertags.

If the tournament gets along smoothly Hitmonchan or I might start another Customs lobby halfway through. In that case we'll probably send out messages over XBL. (Something like "Reply to this message for a party invite.")

This entire tournament is just an elaborate ploy to get BTB testing in for my Boneyard map variant...
No, of course not. It was Hitmonchan's idea anyways. But I have made some good progress on Bone Patch...

LosDaddie

Banned
So, uh, while I was away playing the Gears3 beta, I had no idea Bungie/343i had added 5v5 Slayer with no armor lock. I'm loving Squad Slayer. :)

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
More concept art for Reach

http://alexchu.cghub.com/images/page:2/

Pretty amazing stuff
I'm really struck by how close the concept work Reach looks. I read through the Halo art books often and look at concepts for the other games in the series, and there's always been this gulf between the artistic vision and the final game. It's been closing as the series went on, but Reach really feels like a fully realized artistic vision. I don't look at concepts in Reach and think, man, I wish the game looks like that. Because it does.

I think having Bungie's longtime art director (Marcus Lehto) oversee Reach really paid off in that respect.

GhaleonEB said:
After playing with last night's streak of amazing players - and lots of idlers - it brought a smile to my face to play with two Recruits today. Recruits with over 70% of their Commendations completed.

This was the about me in out of those players Bungie profile:
I never AFK on purpose. Never longer than 15 minutes, and thats rare. Firefight is where I go to AFK actually, because of family and some friends, there are many interruptions so I cannot play competitive. Most likely i'll have to stop playing every once in a while, and that could cost my team the win. Firefight is made to AFK in. Why? Search AFK spots and you'll see.

LOL

That concept art is awesome. It really is amazing how close Reach looks to its concept art.
305_max.jpg

647_max.jpg

Did these areas make it into the game in someway? They don't look similar.

Tunavi

Banned
MrBig said:
More concept art for Reach

http://alexchu.cghub.com/images/page:2/

Pretty amazing stuff
Dat a
rt
Steelyuhas said:
That's not Reach concept art. He has a bunch of other stuff on that page as well.

I'm finally gold in Arena. Nice.

I have work until later this evening, if don't have internet there, Good luck in the tourney everyone!

Karl2177

GhaleonEB said:
I'm really struck by how close the concept work Reach looks. I read through the Halo art books often and look at concepts for the other games in the series, and there's always been this gulf between the artistic vision and the final game. It's been closing as the series went on, but Reach really feels like a fully realized artistic vision. I don't look at concepts in Reach and think, man, I wish the game looks like that. Because it does.

I think having Bungie's longtime art director (Marcus Lehto) oversee Reach really paid off in that respect.
Looking at some of the artwork makes it feel like the art team did some of the design work. The picture of what became Boardwalk fells wrong because it plays so poorly, but it looks nice. Pretty disappointing to me.
Aside from the pretty backgrounds I now have for my desktop. :D

Steelyuhas said:
I'm assuming he wasn't working there before 02/23/2009, unless they were ODST pieces.

Steelyuhas said:

LOL

That concept art is awesome. It really is amazing how close Reach looks to its concept art.
305_max.jpg
That soldier doesn't look like a UNSC Marine/Halo Soldier.

MrBig

Steelyuhas said:

LOL

http://cghub.com/files/Image/020001-021000/20257/305_max.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://cghub.com/files/Image/020001-021000/20256/647_max.jpg[IMG]
Did these areas make it into the game in someway? They don't look similar.[/QUOTE]
Only the first few are related to reach, the rest is some other stuff by the artist.

Tawpgun

Ken said:
Thanks a bunch.

GGs to Bread and Tawpgun. Apologies for some bad plays and occasionally going AFK. Had two deliveries at my door to pick up.
No problem, we were both playing shit anyway. After a game of frisbee followed by a shower I should be in Dong Mode.

Also, lol at the clip. I was laughing so hard when that was happening.

Ken said:

Gentlemen, I present to you your HaloGAF tournament team.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
No problem, we were both playing shit anyway. After a game of frisbee followed by a shower I should be in Dong Mode.

Also, lol at the clip. I was laughing so hard when that was happening.
I'll join you guys then, if you have room

I had some werd things happening with arena this season. on the first day, I played 4 games from which I lost 3. This was by myself.

After that, I started to play with 4 friends and we played 25 games, from which we lost 3. Now, all of the other team mates got placed around top 30% gold but I got placed top 30%silver.

Did those games really count that much or does Arena still look at induvidual performance in some way?

clav

Played an Invasion game yesterday. A quarter way in the game, a group with three guests decided to TK each other, and another member left soon after, resulting a 2v6 as it was down to my guest and me.

We ended up defending relic on Spire on stage 3, and we ended up winning the game by capturing the relic on offense. Memorable game of the year.

If only I had a Bungie Pro account...

I'll probably capture the footage by analog and upload it later.

Ken said:

:lol

Striker

MrBig said:

:lol people still having fun modding H2[/QUOTE]
I'm still mad they got rid of the emblems placed on the arms and back. And for MP, your secondary color in team games was always your primary color. Gave some indication to tell somebody apart outside the name/emblem plate.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm about to send off the rosters. Are there any changes you guys would to like make?
Team one:

Nutter
Ram
Trasher
Xenolock
Omlet
Thermite

Team two:

Tashi
Juices
Kyle J
Ken
Tawpgun
Bread

Super team:

Tashi
Nutter
Ram
Trasher
Xenolock
Thermite

Apath

xxjuicesxx said:
The Spartan Laser was great no matter what anyone says because it easily took a vehicle out, and that was very necessary.
I disagree, just because of the role it played on Valhalla. It basically turned the game into Team with vehicles vs Team without. Rocket Launcher lock-on and the missile pods work much better IMO.

Tunavi

Banned
Wow, I'm magically picking up a random wireless internet connection at work. Tashi, when will you start streaming (warmups?)
I'm bored

ncsuDuncan said:
Can't view that forum, it wants a login.

Hitmonchan, check your HBO email before you send any rosters out.
Sorry. I'm trying to upload the pic on IMGUR etc. but I can't download the file. (I only getting a html. file or a 0kb jpg.)

Top Bottom