• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

wwm0nkey said:
I really am interested to hear how Master Chiefs armor changed and why it did in0game. I mean we know it was Cortana, but why?
Cortana, with the help of an Engineer, crafted sweet, sweet upgrades for John while he was in cryo. Unfortunately, the Forerunner artifact that is destroying the Forward Unto Dawn strips him of these upgrades and scatters them throughout the campaign.

senador

Banned
HiredN00bs said:
Cortana, with the help of an Engineer, crafted sweet, sweet upgrades for John while he was in cryo. Unfortunately, the Forerunner artifact that is destroying the Forward Unto Dawn strips him of these upgrades and scatters them throughout the campaign.

Then as a player, we must save the Deku tree in order to get our BR5A slingshot back!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
PsychoRaven said:
So 343's first full day isn't going so smoothly.
All I did was set my rank to Inheritor and demote Nutter to Recruit, I didn't expect it to break matchmaking.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
PsychoRaven said:
So 343's first full day isn't going so smoothly.

Would have been pretty amazing if nothing broke. We're working with Bungie right now to address the problem. Sorry folks. Except Dax.

J10

Banned
I doubt the order of events in the trailer is exactly what we'll see in the game. He wakes up with the new armor on and grabs a new gun in the trailer, but that's probably more for brevity's sake than anything else, just to quickly show us that stuff is changing. I think it's more likely we won't see the armor/weapon changes in-game until after he wakes and gets inside the planetoid. He'll likely wake up still wearing what he went to sleep with. Could be wrong though.

feel

REACH MATCHMAKING BREAKS 24 HOURS LATER
some_kind_of_interesting_ animal_that_represents_343i.jpg
PRETEND IT WASN'T DELIBERATE

J10 said:
I hope the Chief at some point ditches the Mjolnir completely in favor of some Forerunner tech.

209px-Ih_promethean_bullet.jpg

But in green. New trilogy, new clothes.

Wow, from where is this? Unused art from Reach?

Summary Man said:
Wow, from where is this? Unused art from Reach?
Concept art by Isaac Hannaford, presumably done either for Reach or for Halo: Cryptum. He deleted it off his blog rather quickly after posting it, so they apparently didn't want it shared. However, the Halo community was on it faster than a pack of wolves, and the image was secured from the netherworld of the ether.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Blue Ninja said:
Concept art by Isaac Hannaford, presumably done either for Reach or for Halo: Cryptum. He deleted it off his blog rather quickly after posting it, so they apparently didn't want it shared. However, the Halo community was on it faster than a pack of wolves, and the image was secured from the netherworld of the ether.

It was from Halo 3. =)

Apparently it was just something they were conceptionalising at the time.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Would have been pretty amazing if nothing broke. We're working with Bungie right now to address the problem. Sorry folks. Except Dax.

The whole system is breaking down. ABANDON SHIP!
35b6v7q.jpg

OuterWorldVoice said:
Well then...I'll just resume re-playing the Halo 3 campaign.

ElRenoRaven

Cocopjojo said:
All I did was set my rank to Inheritor and demote Nutter to Recruit, I didn't expect it to break matchmaking.

Well you should have known better silly. :p

OuterWorldVoice said:

Yea. That's always the way isn't it?

Steelyuhas said:
The whole system is breaking down. ABANDON SHIP!
35b6v7q.jpg

ROFLMAO

Dax01 said:
Well then...I'll just resume re-playing the Halo 3 campaign.

You too huh? I'm running late on my monthly playthrough so that's what I was playing a bit ago. I plan one last playthrough of them for the end of this month then it's no single player for me till November. I want to go in with some time away from them all when Anniversary launches.

I also need to get to playing some more multiplayer but damn AOE: Online and Dirt 3 have been keeping me a bit busy. lol

So...transitioning the Reach servers isn't going so well.

Let's hope the Title Update and CEA maps come out smoothly...wouldn't want them to go 3-for-3 on screw ups this fall...right guys? Right?

Also: Dax, they already found someone to play with.

Now is probably a good time to point out that I'm a junior.

Zeouterlimits said:
Growing pains. Kind of glad it happened, just to humanise the image of 343 a bit. It'll be right as rain asap, no doubt :).

This is actually a good thing. Someone with more free time than me will scour the waypoint boards and post the more delicious of the complaint posts. Then we will feast my brothers. We will feast on their wonderful idiocy.

Oozer3993

Dani said:
It was from Halo 3. =)

Apparently it was just something they were conceptionalising at the time.

They were gonna bring back Forerunner Tank! Awesomeness was going to ensue!

Gui_PT said:
Well, 343 really shot themselves in the foot with this one...

I don't know how much you know about matchmaking, but I'm an expert...

Coincidentally, that's also the Official HaloGAF Slogan.

wwm0nkey said:
I really am interested to hear how Master Chiefs armor changed and why it did in0game. I mean we know it was Cortana, but why?
Out of boredom? I'm thinking they've been drifting for some time before the CG trailer, and obviously it's not John's first time out of Sleepy Time Mode since he's already wearing the armor. What kind of puzzles me is why, with a new suit, there's the same type of damage done to his right breastplate. Maybe he has an itch he can't scratch...

Devolution said:
Love it.

neoism

PsychoRaven said:
5fIpt.jpg

So could we be going to get his armor in pieces over the course of the game and if so how did we get that piece while on the ship still?
you know at first like a lot of people I didn't like this armor.. but I don't know... Chief looks sooo fucking badass. MAN I can't wait to play as him again. :eek:

neoism

Hypertrooper said:
Fix your mic!
:( sorry bro.. I need to buy a new one. I've bought probably 20(no lie worst mics ever) Microsoft mics in the past 7 years on live... then I got a Tritton 5.1.... and it broke... :( thankfully it still works but the mic is fucked it was 175 dollars :(

neoism said:
:( sorry bro.. I need to buy a new one. I've bought probably 20(no lie worst mics ever) Microsoft mics in the past 7 years on live... then I got a Tritton 5.1.... and it broke... :( thankfully it still works but the mic is fucked it was 175 dollars :(

Not just the worst mics, Microsoft are pretty shoddy when it comes to gaming hardware full stop. My xbox currently overheats 10 minuites into a game, I have only been playing Saints Row recently but I doubt its just isolated to that. Anyone know how to fix 2 red lights?

/bitter

So what's happening with Reach, are the servers down or are there like random bugs?

FyreWulff

Well, my PAX chances have brightened up considerably. A private dentist claims he can pull all four of my wisdoms under full sedation for 1200$ or less. Which is a fuckton cheaper than the other (corporate?) dentist office that was quoting 2200$.

It'd be nice to go to a PAX for once with spending money and/or not just having gotten out of the hospital and not feeling well enough to eat more than McDonalds the entire stay :p

Ballistik

I'm not a frequent Halo player, but I do play from time to time. Yesterday when I loaded the game, my emblem and armor reset. I was like whatever, I'll make another one.

Now today, I loaded the disc, then waited like 5 minutes for the Halo: Reach servers to load.. and once they did and I started doing matchmaking, none of the emblems or armors showed up on my screen. Everyone in the lobby was a recruit, and this happened every game I played until i got off. Is this common?

Edit: Nvm apparently there are some issues. :)

Top Bottom