• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Hitmonchan107 said:
I've watched a few videos online. I think I know what to do.

Oh my you guys are killing me LOLOL

Between this last page and Olivia Wilde talking about vagina tattoos on Conan I'm legit laughing pretty hard right now.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to spawn people on the opposite side of your base on asylum during a neutral bomb game? Not underneath carbine either it's literally in front of ring 1 so you have to run your ass all the way around the middle structure and miraculously nade the guy arming in your base.

Seriously what in the god damn ever living fuck bungie?

feel

ilzz12.jpg

WHERE ARE THEY IN THE CEA PISTOL

Tunavi

Banned
lol having a frustrating night of halo, some random in the lobby said "vote for uncaged." yeah i fucking went off on him, we betrayed each other the whole match. lol good times

Ramirez

I got a splatter spree a minute ago driving a Hog around without a gunner. The guys were actually playing, and I believe it was Dani who actually blew me up, not them. Premium Battle is the wasteland of the scrubs...

senador

Banned
Playing lately is really bringing out Reach's weaknesses for me. Spawns, abilities, dominant red starts. Its all infuriating.

I'd like to see red/blue starts balanced, spawns addressed, and maybe sprint only playlists.

Team Objective needs Evade removed ASAP. That one is far too frustrating.

Booshka

Tunavi said:
holy shit play mlg if youre gonna complain about how bad the reach player base is

i mean this in the most respectful manner lol
Ram has already complained how there is no middle ground of skill in Reach, either beat up on BK's all day, or get dominated by teams of 4 in MLG.

Booshka said:
Ram has already complained how there is no middle ground of skill in Reach, either beat up on BK's all day, or get dominated by teams of 4 in MLG.

This is my life on Reach. Really fuck up some BKs up suddenly it thinks I should be playing MLG level people. They shit on me, back to playing BKs. Never ending cycle of stupid.

Devolution said:
This is my life on Reach. Really fuck up some BKs up suddenly it thinks I should be playing MLG level people. They shit on me, back to playing BKs. Never ending cycle of stupid.
Gotta wonder if we might actually get decent match-ups if we played more populated playlists like Team Slayer. But it has Armor Lock so fuck that.

Barrow Roll said:
Gotta wonder if we might actually get decent match-ups if we played more populated playlists like Team Slayer. But it has Armor Lock so fuck that.

It happens in every list though. It's rarely competitive. The most competitive/closest game I had today was when tunavi, senador and I had to carry a dude and his guest. And I get that they can't match me up perfectly every time but it's so rare I just have to wonder what the hell is goin' on.

Barrow Roll said:

From my experience, you do get much better matches in playlists like Team Slayer with high populations, but yeah it has armor lock, so playing it would be horrifying.

About to head to bed, when I wake up, there will be a hot hot vidoc waiting for me. It will be 10 minutes of Bungie talking about Halo, and 50 minutes of Urk talking about beards. Hitmonchan will experience sadness. A lot.

Booshka

Arena's TrueSkill started working pretty well for me when I played it. I would go like +15 when I first started playing and was rated Gold. Then when I got into Onyx the players were significantly better, if it was Onyx and two team of 4's I think you guys could have good games. Although I know there are some that are just content to work scrubs all day and avoid being challenged, because Reach can get frustrating fast in a more competitive environment.

Tunavi

Banned
Devolution said:
It happens in every list though. It's rarely competitive. The most competitive/closest game I had today was when tunavi, senador and I had to carry a dude and his guest. And I get that they can't match me up perfectly every time but it's so rare I just have to wonder what the hell is goin' on.
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=738216201&player=I%20Tunavi%20I It was 74-74 and I got stuck, but I sworded the guy before I died to win the game.

best game of the night was fighting the whole other team while trying to fight our teammate who wanted uncaged lol

edit: "Halo Fest attendees will be the first to get the Halo: Reach Title Update specifics along with some hands-on time with the changes."
JELLY

Butane123

The only time I really felt like I was constantly getting matched up with players of similar skill was in the Bungie Day playlist after about 25 games.... or maybe I was drunk.

PNut

Banned
Off-topic but I'll ask anyway...
my 12 month Xbox live subscription just ran out during a fun Halo 3 session and the wife has got the car and the credit cards for the weekend. Yes, I'm an idiot.... anyone have a 2 day trail they'd been willing to part with? What terrible timing.

Hitmonchan107 said:
This is what I imagined when I pictured an HD Halo:

zZ7qN.jpg

Courtesy of B.net.
Yeah, me too. I'm not a big fan of the new look, but oh well.

Also, damn Bungie, release the ViDoc already. :lol

Loved the sounds and the looks of the beach in the video. Best looking Halo!

Also can't wait for the vidoc to land, probably gonna play some Reach to kill some time.

Woorloog said:
Some MS producer (correct me if i'm wrong) said Halo4 is using modified Reach engine.

Don't all Halo games use modified engines from previous games? I think we can expect the change from Halo 3 to Reach in graphics.

But graphics is one of the least things I'm concerned about. 343 has to nail the gameplay, sound effects and environment to make Halo 4 a worthy successor IMO.

Booshka said:
Arena's TrueSkill started working pretty well for me when I played it. I would go like +15 when I first started playing and was rated Gold. Then when I got into Onyx the players were significantly better, if it was Onyx and two team of 4's I think you guys could have good games. Although I know there are some that are just content to work scrubs all day and avoid being challenged, because Reach can get frustrating fast in a more competitive environment.

This is true. Also though it just seems you play connection warriors that destroy you based on connection and not skill as you go up towards Onyx++. Whenever I go in recently I get matched against teams of 4 German players who get host and my nades come out 1.5 seconds after I click toss nade. Its disgusting.

Tawpgun

Damnit I wish I had the day off from work. Maybe the vidoc won't be out until late. I want to be there when it drops, make some popcorn, and watch the best movie of the year. Bungie's last Halo ViDoc.

JMizzlin

While waiting for the ViDoc I navigated to Bungie.net and accidentally ctrl+a'd the front page.

Interestingly, there are strange 'marks' on the main banner when highlighted. Anyone know what that's about?

Willeth

Eye Drop said:
While waiting for the ViDoc I navigated to Bungie.net and accidentally ctrl+a'd the front page.

Interestingly, there are strange 'marks' on the main banner when highlighted. Anyone know what that's about?
That banner is graded transparent in some areas. The blue highlight is showing through. You can see this without highlighting if you scroll the page and see how the star battern bleeds through.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Damnit I wish I had the day off from work. Maybe the vidoc won't be out until late. I want to be there when it drops, make some popcorn, and watch the best movie of the year. Bungie's last Halo ViDoc.
I'm stuck at work and am sick as a dog. The only other person in my department is on vacation for the rest of the week, so I can't exactly call in sick. Maybe the vidoc will be the medicine I need to get better, lol. I hope I can watch it on my iphone...

Booties

Banned
Why do they keep giving us vehicle kill challenges for FF? I have killed about 60 vehicles all time. 10 is asking for a lot. ~30 in a month I'm just not gonna do.

Gui_PT

Booties said:
Why do they keep giving us vehicle kill challenges for FF? I have killed about 60 vehicles all time. 10 is asking for a lot. ~30 in a month I'm just not gonna do.

You can get 4 or 5 Banshee kills per game on Holdout

Booties

Banned
Gui_PT said:
... How long for that? I no good with timezones
protip about timezones: forget EST, PST, CST, etc. Just know GMT. west coast is -8, east coast is -5. everything in between is the filthy gutter trash of america and isn't worth learning.

Top Bottom