• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

darthbob said:
Job, bro.

Real life shit?

PHO-09Jul13-169387.jpg

bobs99 ... said:
What rank are you? Im up for Halo 3 but im really rusty, I doubt I could handle high level MLG
I'm like 34, maybe. I never had a team to go in with and that's all I could get to on my own. I'd probably need decent warming-up first though.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I have two more nights of work and then I have like 10 days off before my next job starts. I expect to do a hell of a lot of donging on those days, so pumped for my Halocation.

Next week is my last week before school and the whole house will be empty because the rest of these scrubs are traveling. Baby, grab your poopsocks and piss jugs, hide your wife and hide your bad kids because we're gonna be waping everybody out there.

We're talking about Hospital experience? I had rheumatism for 7years.(2002-2009). In 2004 or was it 2005 I was for 36weeks of the year in the hospital. Still have a giant folder of the details here.

A guy with the Nova rank sent me a rage message:
gute Quote du Scheisscamper...
Translation:
good ratio, you damn camper

Btw.:
Get Well, Squidhands!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
http://i.imgur.com/igGzo.jpg
XR1c8.jpg

squidhands said:
Hey folks, I've been in the hospital for the last few days and will probably be here for a few more (getting old sure does suck). Fortunately it's nothing life-threatening, and I'll have plenty of time to catch up on the last several days worth of pages. Sure could use an xbox right about now…
FIGHT THROUGH THE PAIN

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

feel

bobs99 ... said:
seemed like youve been gone ages!
HaloGAF seems like a completely different place now than what it was one month ago, a much better one, Devolution deserves major props for starting the reveal your mug thing, we seem like a big happy family now (maybe not everyone feels that way, but at least I personally feel much closer to all of you) and going forward discussions about any topic that surfaces will be held in a much better tone.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Get well soon Squid!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Lemme tell you, it was a long fuckin month. Welcome juniors. Fuck you guys going to PAX and Halofest :p and where do I sign up for my Halo Veteran status membership?

I'll slowly get back into the swing of things but I just wanna say, play MLG and real men play Recon.

Also, built my new PC and got myself a legit HD capture card soooo yea, that's pretty awesome.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
My short version: six years ago I landed in the hospical with pneumonia, a few hours from death. Still have lung damage, and I have an x-ray of that damaged lung on the wall of my cube. It reminds me of my own motality. 'Tis good to be alive.

It makes my Xray of my jaw I posted on Twitter seem like child's play now.

Pneumonia is one hell of an event, my dad was hospitalized years back for like 2 weeks when he got it. Other people we know weren't as lucky. That shit just takes people away before you know what happens.

Also, built my new PC and got myself a legit HD capture card soooo yea, that's pretty awesome.

Nice. Hauppage? Or what are you using? I still need to get a new PC built myself and get a Hauppage or something so I don't have to stream via webcam anymore.

Tashi0106 said:
Get well soon Squid!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Lemme tell you, it was a long fuckin month. Welcome juniors. Fuck you guys going to PAX and Halofest :p and where do I sign up for my Halo Veteran status membership?

I'll slowly get back into the swing of things but I just wanna say, play MLG and real men play Recon.

Halo 3 MLG tonight?

senador

Banned
Devolution said:
Where is everybody I got some post summer school finals playin' to do.
I left work early because it pissed me off. May get on to cool down for an hour or so.

Edit: Yup. Grabbing a beer and getting on.

Letters said:
HaloGAF seems like a completely different place now than what it was one month ago, a much better one, Devolution deserves major props for starting the reveal your mug thing, we seem like a big happy family now (maybe not everyone feels that way, but at least I personally feel much closer to all of you) and going forward discussions about any topic that surfaces will be held in a much better tone.

Agreed, I think Devolution made this place a lot more personal. I dont quite fancy uploading a mugshot but its great that I can put faces to names. That said I think discussions where also in a fairly decent tone, people might have been complaining about things they didnt like, but people have always seemed courteus to eachother.

thezerofire said:
I'm like 34, maybe. I never had a team to go in with and that's all I could get to on my own. I'd probably need decent warming-up first though.

Im up for it, im no good with timezones though how many hours is it till your on?

I get the feeling its going to be a long night, newagents just got trashed at the end of my road, police nipped it in the bud quickly so im hoping my area has had all the excitement its going to have but I get the feeling I might be up for a few more hours anyway. Late night Halo is fine by me.

Letters said:

I like HaloGAF a lot. If it weren't for you guys I'd be the fuck out of here honestly. This subcommunity is hilarious and fun. <3 you all, even the juniors I give too much of a hard time.

Also props to the people who put up with me ranting and raving about the game like every time I play looooooooooool.

kylej

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
My short version: six years ago I landed in the hospical with pneumonia, a few hours from death. Still have lung damage, and I have an x-ray of that damaged lung on the wall of my cube. It reminds me of my own motality. 'Tis good to be alive.

We're not so different, you and I. Two years ago I spent 2 weeks bedridden before spending a week in the hospital. I caught the flu, and while I was still fighting it off, pneumonia swept in and crippled me. Was so dehydrated and weak by the time I got to the ER that I didn't have a pulse in my limbs. My lungs are still weak but have grown stronger with regular work-outs. Unfortunately I'm now very sensitive to allergens which never occurred before. Pneumonia is a mean, mean bitch.

Devolution said:
I like HaloGAF a lot. If it weren't for you guys I'd be the fuck out of here honestly. This subcommunity is hilarious and fun. <3 you all, even the juniors I give too much of a hard time.

Also props to the people who put up with me ranting and raving about the game like every time I play looooooooooool.

Complaining about how Bungie/Halo/Host/Spread/Bloom/AR/Grenades/Rockets/Radar/Shield Doors/Zero-G/Maps/Gametypes/Playlists/Enemies suck is a long standing tradition.

kylej said:
Complaining about how Bungie/Halo/Host/Spread/Bloom/AR/Grenades/Rockets/Radar/Shield Doors/Zero-G/Maps/Gametypes/Playlists/Enemies suck is a long standing tradition.

Hell yeah.

Also lol quit out of a game in which me and Kooch got a guy and 2 guests that were 0 for god knows how long, shot into our backs and pretty much betrayed us without betrayals. Also the jetpacks on the other team made it that much worse.

This game. So much <3.

Homeboyd

Devolution said:

I request a harder time be dished in my direction.

Edit: Tashi... been playing some MLG lately. Im liking it. You gettin back on your streams anytime soon?

bobs99 ... said:
Im up for it, im no good with timezones though how many hours is it till your on?
like 5

Devolution said:

it's fine, I bitch and whine enough on my own, I don't mind.

Tashi0106 said:
Sure I'd love to!
I'm thinking around 9 PST

Sean P.

Rickenslacker said:
How would they? No Blood Gulch in CE:A.

Do we know all the maps they are remaking yet? I thought someone had mentioned that blood gulch was going to be remade, may have been misinformation though

Homeboyd said:
I request a harder time be dished in my direction.

Edit: Tashi... been playing some MLG lately. Im liking it. You gettin back on your streams anytime soon?

Lemme just get my whip out.

I think my biggest overall issue with this game is I don't feel like I'm beating anyone lately so much as finding ways to be the bigger cheap ass. Like I just played a doubles game against a guy using melee (albeit well) and he had host advantage, so I just ran around with shotty.

TrounceX said:
Awesome!

Whenever you get on just send me a FR. My GT is Trounce

I think I'm still a 50 in MLG though is that a problem?
hm maybe but we'll give it a shot anyway. Either way, I'd rather get stomped on in Halo 3 than in Reach. at least I know they're better than I am.

Sean P. said:
Do we know all the maps they are remaking yet? I thought someone had mentioned that blood gulch was going to be remade, may have been misinformation though
Blood Gulch is in Reach. Yes yes, bitch all you want, they'd be crazy to waste one of the six on a map that exists in Reach MP already.

Sean P. said:
The multiplayer side of the game is going to be Reach, and Reach already has its bastardized take on the Gulch.

Homeboyd

Sean P. said:
- Damnation
- Hang em High
- Timberlands
- Beaver Creek
-- The last 2 were confirmed that one was a Halo 2 map and that one was a "smaller map" but they could be one in the same.

Then there's the new Firefight map from CE's campaign.

bobs99 ... said:
Hey not sure I can make it that late, I doubt we would have got a game as a 4 anyway. :/
no worries. time zones are a bummer, but maybe I can play with you once school starts and I don't work full time

Homeboyd

Schmitty said:
Whatever happened to that spambot named Alien Shogun?
I was actually wondering the same thing (I remember him from my lurking days)... then I saw him posting in another thread the other day. Can't remember which one it was.

Top Bottom