• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

FyreWulff

A27 Tawpgun said:
New Weapon from Halo 4.

Chiefs gotta improvise.

One of the new skulls for Anniversary should add a Hulk Fist to the punching end of a Hunter's arm:

EyRFF.jpg

And it makes the "HULK SMASH!" noises each time they hit you.

feel

Less mentioned/popular Halo CE moments looking forward to replaying with the remastered audio and graphics?

There are so many moments, but the first one that came to my mind was when you rise from underground near the end of Two Betrayals, and as you walk up the exit the "Final Run" title is displayed and Under Cover of Night starts...

edit- painful thread

The Bungie panel starts at 12pm. So if we meet at 7am(I don't know when you guys eating breakfast :p), we have three hours(or two hours and 30minutes9 of fun and can go together to the Bungie panel.

Sean P.

Hypertrooper said:
The Bungie panel starts at 12pm. So if we meet at 7am(I don't know when you guys eating breakfast :p), we have three hours(or two hours and 30minutes9 of fun and can go together to the Bungie panel.

Yea def no later than 8

Hypertrooper said:
Sweet Zombie Jesus. I cannot remember the last time I woke up before 7 a.m.

I'm serious.

Ramirez

Pancakes are disgusting. I might be down for the meetup, but seeing as how I'm going to be with Blood probably 100% of the time, I can't confirm or deny any adventures.

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
Nice edit. ;^)
I just got done playing Fruit Ninja, so my ninja skills were in top shape. Hi-ya!

My PAX plans, currently:

Friday, August 26th

Penny Arcade Q&A
Main Theatre
Friday 11:30am - 12:45pm

What’s Next for Waypoint
Halo Fest
2:00pm–3:00pm

@XboxSupport: Customer Support in 140 Characters or Less
Wolfman Theatre
Friday 5:00pm - 6:00pm​

Saturday, August 27th

Bungie: Hatching the Cosmic Halo Egg
Halo Fest
12:00pm-1:00pm

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Unicorn Theatre
Saturday 3:30pm - 4:30pm​

Sunday, August 28th

Halo 4
Main Theater (Paramount)
10:00am–11:00am

Xbox talks 10 years of Halo
Halo Fest
11:30am-12:15pm

Halo Anniversary Multiplayer
Halo Fest
12:45pm-1:30pm

Kids, Video Games, and Psychiatry II: Electric Boogaloo
Wolfman Theatre
Sunday 2:00pm - 3:00pm

Omegathon Final Round
Main Theatre
Sunday 5:30pm - 6:30pm​

On the chopping block are many I want to go to:

Halo Community: Fragging, Forge, and Flowers

Penny-Arcade Make a Strip - I hit this one every year, so this stings.

Halo Anniversary Campaign Discussion - The Skyrim panel ends a half hour before this starts, so I don't think I'll get in.

Geek Parenting

Customer Support in Games: Everything the Lawyers Let Us Tell You

Running Xbox LIVE

Ramirez said:
Pancakes are disgusting. I might be down for the meetup, but seeing as how I'm going to be with Blood probably 100% of the time, I can't confirm or deny any adventures.
One thousand Internet high fives.

Personally, give me French toast or GTFO.

Hypertrooper said:
Btw. if we say, that we meet at 8am or 9am whatever, don't be late. I won't forgive that:

I count this breakfast as a business meeting. Just sayin'
I'm going to be pounding Full Throttles all weekend. LIKE A BOSS.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Sweet Zombie Jesus. I cannot remember the last time I woke up before 7 a.m.

I'm serious.
Btw. if we say, that we meet at 8am or 9am whatever, don't be late. I won't forgive that:
Cliché: Germans are Obsessed with Punctuality

The author, a teacher, wishes that Germans were as punctual as their reputation. Her students, however, are always late while her foreign students normally arrive on time. Nonetheless, Germans are always on time for business meetings, and if they invite guests for dinner and they are tardy, Germans are not amused and they express their feelings directly and clearly to them.
I count this breakfast as a business meeting. Just sayin'

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
Nice list, but I think what Mr. Howard will be showing off during the Skyrim panel is already online.
The Halo and Bungie panels will be online right after they happen. You going to skip them all and stream'em?

Ramirez

Devolution said:

The smell alone is enough to make me gag, really.

I don't like French Toast either, I'm not really a big breakfast guy in general. I like Bacon, Sausage, and Country Ham, that's about it. :p

So, aside from Cosplay, when with some other ways to get into the VIP be announced?

Ramirez said:

I don't like French Toast either, I'm not really a big breakfast guy in general. I like Bacon, Sausage, and Country Ham, that's about it. :p
What about sausage, biscuits and gravy?

That reminds me. Is there a Waffle House in Seattle? It's a little on the trashy side, but it's delicious.

Ramirez said:
Click Me

I am down for whatever. Not sure what The Jojo has planned but it sounds like fun to me.

Ramirez

Captain Blood said:
Click Me

I am down for whatever. Not sure what The Jojo has planned but it sounds like fun to me.

You have me mistaken for that slimeball EazyB bro! Yea, since we're staying with him, unless he's working, I figured our schedule might be dictated by what he ends up doing.

Biscuits and gravy or ok Hitmon, I usually like them at the time, then regret eating it a few hours later when it destroys my stomach.

Ramirez said:

So, aside from Cosplay, when with some other ways to get into the VIP be announced?

Hookers.

GhaleonEB said:
The Halo and Bungie panels will be online right after they happen. You going to skip them all and stream'em?
As in, am I going to skip all of the panels and watch them later?

Sai-kun said:
waffle is the fucking BOMB and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

Holy wow, I cannot tell you how much I would give to have a waffle house in chicago. :( There are none in Illinois at all, as far as I know!
Oh, dude! No Waffle House? That's the worst thing I've ever heard.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
What about sausage, biscuits and gravy?

That reminds me. Is there a Waffle House in Seattle? It's a little on the trashy side, but it's delicious.

waffle is the fucking BOMB and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

Holy wow, I cannot tell you how much I would give to have a waffle house in chicago. :( There are none in Illinois at all, as far as I know!

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
As in, am I going to skip all of the panels and watch them later?

It's a rhetorical question. The reason we want to go to these panels is because we're going to be at PAX. The experience of being at PAX is very different from watching a video online.

I will put hundreds of hours into Skyrim, far more than I will into CEA's campaign. I'm not missing the panel. :p

As for breakfast food, I'm a french toast guy. But I fucking love breakfast food in general. Pancakes, french toast, waffles, omelets, scrambles, ham, bacon, biscuits and gravy, sausage...yeah. All in.

GhaleonEB said:
It's a rhetorical question. The reason we want to go to these panels is because we're going to be at PAX. The experience of being at PAX is very different from watching a video online.

I will put hundreds of hours into Skyrim, far more than I will into CEA's campaign. I'm not missing the panel. :p

As for breakfast food, I'm a french toast guy. But I fucking love breakfast food in general. Pancakes, french toast, waffles, omelets, scrambles, ham, bacon, biscuits and gravy, sausage...yeah.
Eff. That's a very good point. Did you watch the 40-minute video by any chance? I've never heard a crowd so pumped up by a non-competitive game before.

I might try to catch the panel another day, though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, pancakes are for scrubs. French toast is where it's at. Or even better: homemade egg + sausage croissant sandwiches. Just blew your mind, I know.

So jealous of you PAX goers. I kind of want to go to Seattle just to hang with you guys, haha.

After I get done with Bad Company 2 tonight (which is in one hour!), I'm going to sit down and figure out my PAX panel schedule.

Also, I'm going to try to get some stuff online early Friday morning during PAX, and then I'm going to just enjoy the rest of my time in Seattle. I've been stressing myself out by trying to do too much at too many different places, and it's time I just take a few steps back.

GhaleonEB

omg.kittens said:
Yeah, pancakes are for scrubs. French toast is where it's at. Or even better: homemade egg + sausage croissant sandwiches. Just blew your mind, I know.

So jealous of you PAX goers. I kind of want to go to Seattle just to hang with you guys, haha.
I make homemade buttermilk biscuits for bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches pretty often. Mmmmmmmmm.

omg.kittens said:

Eggs benedict with salmon and avocado.

Ungggggggh. So good.

Edit: Also the bf makes me french toast. I know y'all jealous.

Tawpgun

Hitmonchan107 said:
After I get done with Bad Company 2 tonight (which is in one hour!), I'm going to sit down and figure out my PAX panel schedule.
Pro-Tip. Go to the audio settings and put it on War-Tapes.

Wake the whole neighborhood with the greatest sound design ever.

Ken

FyreWulff said:
One of the new skulls for Anniversary should add a Hulk Fist to the punching end of a Hunter's arm

http://i.imgur.com/EyRFF.jpg[IMG]

And it makes the "HULK SMASH!" noises each time they hit you.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://h4.abload.de/img/xfgammacrush6q6a.gif

Hunter Hulk vs Master Chief and Noble Team

A27 Tawpgun said:
Pro-Tip. Go to the audio settings and put it on War-Tapes.

Wake the whole neighborhood with the greatest sound design ever.

All other games sound horrible after playing Battlefield. The sound design for BF3 blows even BC2 out of the water. It's simply ridiculous.

GhaleonEB

My wife has recently taken to making a strange sounding but incredible breakfast item; she read about it somewhere.

It's a particular pancake batter, with slices of bread dipped into it and then grilled on a waffle grill. It has the crispiness and shape of a waffle, the heartiness of french toast and the taste of pancakes. Sort of the turducken of bready breakfast foods. It's amazing.

Domino would knock over a book shelf and storm out of the house.

Steelyuhas said:
Intriguing. What type of bread?
We've been varying it. My wife and I use a type of Dave's Killer Bread (21 whole grain), the kids use white-ish wheat bread.

GhaleonEB said:
My wife has recently taken to making a strange sounding but incredible breakfast item; she read about it somewhere.

Make pancake batter, dip slices of bread in it and grill them in a waffle grill. It has the crispiness and shape of a waffle, the heartiness of french toast and the taste of pancakes. Sort of the turducken of bready breakfast foods. It's amazing.

Intriguing. What type of bread?

O D I N

Dear HaloGAF-

I've been searching for one of those super nice and awesome ODST PT shirts like I've seen Bungie employees wearing during the release of ODST and in the commercial (I think).

Has anyone seen one available for sale somewhere, or was this another of those shirts that only Bungie had access to? :(

I tried searching online, and I could only find 'Cafepress' shirts, and they're not exactly what I was looking for.

darthbob

O D I N said:
Dear HaloGAF-

I've been searching for one of those super nice and awesome ODST PT shirts like I've seen Bungie employees wearing during the release of ODST and in the commercial (I think).

Has anyone seen one available for sale somewhere, or was this another of those shirts that only Bungie had access to? :(

I tried searching online, and I could only find 'Cafepress' shirts, and they're not exactly what I was looking for.

Same ones they wore during Halo 2's development?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hypertrooper said:
Oh yeah, I am sure there won't be a line for that panel and you can show up one minute before it starts...

PANELS!

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
I'm going to speculate that he might be busy setting up that whole HaloFest thing.
That's what the underlings are for: cocop, voc, etc. ;P

I would offer my services to help setup for a PAX pass!

Top Bottom