• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

A27 Tawpgun said:
So good. Remember when it had its own playlist too? Unfortunately Reach Rocket Race sucks because of the physics changes. Can't launch effectively anymore.

Same goes for grifball. Loved that shit in H3. Boring as hell in Reach.

What Reach still really needs is a Race playlist. There are so many great community tracks.

Speaking of Playlists... is 343 planning on revealing their playlist manager? What about forming an optimatch forum?

Its the one niche that they dont cater for, I cant say I would play it an aweful lot but if they got the right maps and gametypes it could actually be pretty addictive.

bobs99 ... said:
Its the one niche that they dont cater for, I cant say I would play it an aweful lot but if they got the right maps and gametypes it could actually be pretty addictive.

I wouldn't play it, i would only support it just to get rid of the rocket hog crap out of multi team!

On that subject, who preferred the 6 man team of two to the current iteration they have now?

I would love it if they got back to 2v2v2v2v2v2!

My preparation for PAX is nearly completed. Going to pack my bag today. I hope my Bank hasn't mucked up my money transfer to my pre-paid creditcard. Can't wait.

GhaleonEB said:
I wish there was a Race playlist, with Rocket Race in the mix.
Are vehicles fundamentally hosed in Reach forever or is that something the TU can address?
*insert 8gb joke here*

I would love a race playlist but it would definitely need a vehicle sandbox overhaul.

senador

Banned
Stayed home from work due to being out of town and missing my weekend. Load up some Reach by myself try Rumble Pit. Quit out of 2nd game of Elite Slayer on Swordbase, switch to Team Slayer. DMRs on Uncaged. Teammate gets grenade launcher I am going for so I go for sniper. Same guy also goes for it. I get it then he keeps trying to shoot me with grenade launcher. I jump off map and quit. Banned from matchmaking. I quit a few games yesterday too due to other quitters and guests. Sure part of it was my fault for leaving Elite Slayer but it's so frustrating to have these uncontrollable factors like guests, quitters, and douchey players then get punished by putting up with it or quitting and getting banned. The quitting thing sounds good on paper, but not so much in practice.

Sorry for bringing it up. I think it's important for 343 to see issues we experience though so hopefully they can improve them for future games.

GhaleonEB

Captain Blood said:
Are vehicles fundamentally hosed in Reach forever or is that something the TU can address?
*insert 8gb joke here*

I would love a race playlist but it would definitely need a vehicle sandbox overhaul.
This is true. I've had fun with some Race game types, and the few Rocket Race games I had on Hemorrhage before Rocket Hog Race replaced it were fun. But updating vehicle handling would do wonders.

Tunavi said:

My new connection in my apartment. Can someone tell me if this is good or bad? Games were REALLY laggy last night.
Horrifying. :(

senador said:
Stayed home from work due to being out of town and missing my weekend. Load up some Reach by myself try Rumble Pit. Quit out of 2nd game of Elite Slayer on Swordbase, switch to Team Slayer. DMRs on Uncaged. Teammate gets grenade launcher I am going for so I go for sniper. Same guy also goes for it. I get it then he keeps trying to shoot me with grenade launcher. I jump off map and quit. Banned from matchmaking. I quit a few games yesterday too due to other quitters and guests. Sure part of it was my fault for leaving Elite Slayer but it's so frustrating to have these uncontrollable factors like guests, quitters, and douchey players then get punished by putting up with it or quitting and getting banned. The quitting thing sounds good on paper, but not so much in practice.

Sorry for bringing it up. I think it's important for 343 to see issues we experience though so hopefully they can improve them for future games.

If you quit you are part of the problem, and deserve the ban.

GhaleonEB said:
This is true. I've had fun with some Race game types, and the few Rocket Race games I had on Hemorrhage before Rocket Hog Race replaced it were fun. But updating vehicle handling would do wonders.

I'm so sorry Tunavi, is there any internet nearby you can steal...?

Tunavi said:

My new connection in my apartment. Can someone tell me if this is good or bad? Games were REALLY laggy last night.

This was what I had for 3 years, only a bit worse. I was able to live with it just fine, only downloading stuff was horrible, so good luck downloading the to be announced Halo 4 beta.

Tunavi said:

LOL looks like mine! My internet is about this right now. Supposed to be 20k down 2 up. I've had this happen before where the installer made a bad connection at the wall. The cable guy is coming out to verify the connection this week. I recommend you do the same!

senador

Banned
A27_StarWolf said:
LOL. So I should stay and be killed by my teammates, stay when others have left my team, and stay when I have been matched with guests on my team against a full party team of dongers, stay to play yet another round of meet in the lift room and armor lock and stick each other? LOL. No.

GhaleonEB

A27_StarWolf said:
If you quit a game when your team is getting demolished and the other team is holding the objective farming kills, are you part of the problem? If half you team has quit out of Invasion and the other team is hanging around the spawn area camping, are you part of the problem? If you quit a game where everyone on your team is betraying each other or idling, are you part of the problem?

I've left a few games because of the game types (Elite Slayer on Sword Base). But I hit my quit ban because I left A) an objective game where we were just getting camped (by Scorpion and Banshee on 1-Flag Boneyard) and then a laggy Firefight game (no harm done).

I generally won't defend quitters, but it's not black and white. A system that both encourages misbehavior (Commendation farming in objective games) and then punishes players for leaving those games is a poor system.

Tunavi

Banned
:(

So here are the upgrade plans. Thoughts? Thanks guys.

Ha8c8.png

Edit: it comes down to 20mbps download/2 upstream or 10/10. Which is better?

Holy shit Gui. Can you play halo at work? lol

GhaleonEB said:

better than 90% of internet connections over here, so shut up and stop complaining.
learn2play and stop blaming lag.

<3 you're not going to pull host but <50ms is acceptable, imo

Tawpgun

GhaleonEB said:
If you quit a game when your team is getting demolished and the other team is holding the objective farming kills, are you part of the problem? If half you team has quit out of Invasion and the other team is hanging around the spawn area camping, are you part of the problem? If you quit a game where everyone on your team is betraying each other or idling, are you part of the problem?

I've left a few games because of the game types (Elite Slayer on Sword Base). But I hit my quit ban because I left A) an objective game where we were just getting camped (by Scorpion and Banshee on 1-Flag Boneyard) and then a laggy Firefight game (no harm done).

I generally won't defend quitters, but it's not black and white. A system that both encourages misbehavior (Commendation farming in objective games) and then punishes players for leaving those games is a poor system.
I know I get mad at those 1 or 2 people who don't quit when the rest of their team quit. Makes the game drag on and its super annoying on 1 sided gametypes.

Tunavi said:

POOP

Tunavi said:
:(

So here are the upgrade plans. Thoughts? Thanks guys.

Ha8c8.png

also, fuck you Tashi

The 10DL and 1UP will get the job done if you are trying to keep your expenses down. The 60 bucks for 4 months is a pretty good deal.

ElRenoRaven

senador said:
LOL. So I should stay and be killed by my teammates, stay when others have left my team, and stay when I have been matched with guests on my team against a full party team of dongers, stay to play yet another round of meet in the lift room and armor lock and stick each other? LOL. No.

Well then you can take your ban for quitting. I've been there too. I've not been banned but I've had the warning. If I quit I get the consequences of that choice.

Yeah, bump it to 10mb.

I'm going into a house with 7mb's this week for the coming year, so a big improvement over my current, but not fantastic either.
Kuroyume said:
Grade D-

It's good!

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Grade F bitches. Grade fucking F.

Recarpo

ElzarTheBam said:
On that subject, who preferred the 6 man team of two to the current iteration they have now?

I like the 4 teams of 3 better. With 6 teams, the spawns were just awful and you'd spawn right behind an enemy that just spawned constantly.

GhaleonEB said:

Well maybe I'm too much of a "don't stoop down to their level person", but most of the time when Teammates betray me, I ignore it and eventually I get the option to boot them. Plus I know that if I finish my games I might get large credit payouts in the end.

Senador if you get matched up with people that are better than you, just play through it, sometimes you get matched with people better than you it just ends up like that.

Elite Slayer gets picked, it got picked because people WANTED to play it, sometimes it just ends up like that.

getting camped in your base and find it hard to escape? Well I personally like to do my own little mini games, see how far I can get from the base before I am seen, or if I can take a vehicle by surprise and destroy it.

I try to see the bright side in things, and I think those people that dont quit when the rest of their team has, or when facing a Superior enemy are pretty cool people.

To site an example, one time my entire team lagged out except for Duncan, Myself and Overdoz1z. They wanted to quit, I encouraged them to stay. We ended up winning against a team of six, and it was a ton of fun.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I know I get mad at those 1 or 2 people who don't quit when the rest of their team quit. Makes the game drag on and its super annoying on 1 sided gametypes.

No way, I give those people credit.

ElzarTheBam said:
I wouldn't play it, i would only support it just to get rid of the rocket hog crap out of multi team!

I still want to see a 4v4v4v4 playlist, like in Bad Companie 2. The only things we need are some better BTB maps.

senador

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Well then you can take your ban for quitting. I've been there too. I've not been banned but I've had the warning. If I quit I get the consequences of that choice.
You don't see anything wrong with that?

I play this game for fun. I don't have to be winning to have fun but it needs to be fair for me to have fun. Quitting out of the matches I described were not fair or fun and I do not feel I should be punished for it.

I am not an advocate of quitting just because one is losing or didn't get X power weapon but when the stuff I mentioned happens to me I sure as hell won't be staying.

senador said:
You don't see anything wrong with that?

I play this game for fun. I don't have to be winning to have fun but it needs to be fair for me to have fun. Quitting out of the matches I described were not fair or fun and I do not feel I should be punished for it.

I am not an advocate of quitting just because one is losing or didn't get X power weapon but when the stuff I mentioned happens to me I sure as hell won't be staying.

I think we all wish we could have a matchmaking system that could measure fun, but because you can't make everyone happy, that machine would probably turn out to be crazy and go all skynet on us ;)

A27_StarWolf said:
Well maybe I'm too much of a "don't stoop down to their level person", but most of the time when Teammates betray me, I ignore it and eventually I get the option to boot them. Plus I know that if I finish my games I might get large credit payouts in the end.

Senador if you get matched up with people that are better than you, just play through it, sometimes you get matched with people better than you it just ends up like that.

Elite Slayer gets picked, it got picked because people WANTED to play it, sometimes it just ends up like that.

getting camped in your base and find it hard to escape? Well I personally like to do my own little mini games, see how far I can get from the base before I am seen, or if I can take a vehicle by surprise and destroy it.

I try to see the bright side in things, and I think those people that dont quit when the rest of their team has, or when facing a Superior enemy are pretty cool people.

To site an example, one time my entire team lagged out except for Duncan, Myself and Overdoz1z. They wanted to quit, I encouraged them to stay. We ended up winning against a team of six, and it was a ton of fun.

No way, I give those people credit.
Personally, I'll wait until I get the option to boot, boot them, and then quit. I only have an hour or two to play videogames all day, and I'll be damned if I'm going to waste it getting spawn camped or stuff like that. It makes me mad when I'm on the other side of that equation too, I just want the other person to quit out so I can continue to play a decent game.

But then again, I don't give a shit about credits. Welcome to Halo Reach, the game where everything's random and the points don't matter.

also, work speed:
1444895542.png

stephen08

I think the current system of quit bans works well however as I have said before the quit option should be replaced with a surrender option for lopsided games. It would alleviate objective holding.

In general I don't quit. But if the circumstances are bad enough I will. I do however get booted out of many games for dealing with idiots. If I have a power weapon and someone on my team kills me for it that person is getting betrayed.

My connection:
1444900777.png

Back when I was at school the speeds were insane. I think it was like 40 Mb/s down and 25 Mb/s up. A lot of fun to play on.

MrDaravon

1444918400.png

Ironically the game almost never makes me host.

Usually if I'm on a team where's it utterly hopeless, most people have quit and/or are fucking around I'll just go do something else in the house for a couple minutes like take out trash or dishes or something.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A27_StarWolf said:
Wow, oversimplifying much?

Love the collage, Gabo. Thanks for putting so much time in on it!

Top Bottom